Shankster

Brendan Steele(ing) my Heart & WILSON

Mr. Steele just posted this lovely piece of art to his twitter... holy cow!!

IMG_4964.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Doesn't matter.  You'll still never pull the trigger on new set of irons 😉 

• Like 2

Doesn't matter.  You'll still never pull the trigger on new set of irons  

Ah ha. Well this isn’t a “set”. Just a driving iron. An iron. I can commit to ‘AN’ iron.
  • Like 4

If the new V7,8,9 whatever they are called have that look, man, it’s what I’ve been saying someone needs to do. Yeah you don’t see the back of the club while playing, but that is a thing of beauty.

• Like 3

If the new V7,8,9 whatever they are called have that look, man, it’s what I’ve been saying someone needs to do. Yeah you don’t see the back of the club while playing, but that is a thing of beauty.

Shankster, you are an old soul. You need a proper set of classics. Shoot me a PM when you are ready to make the leap with a set of classic restored Hogan’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Shankster, you are an old soul. You need a proper set of classics. Shoot me a PM when you are ready to make the leap with a set of classic restored Hogan’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had some. Way too heel weighted for my weak hands to manage. I’m guessing around E5 swing weight. Like a brick on a stick. Gorgeous though.

Ah ha. Well this isn’t a “set”. Just a driving iron. An iron. I can commit to ‘AN’ iron.

Teach me your secrets. I can’t even ask a putter out for a coffee, that is too serious for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Teach me your secrets. I can’t even ask a putter out for a coffee, that is too serious for me.

Haha. Not sure, if I had my way I’d have wedge room similar to your putter shrine. Plus when I get used to something it’s hard to kick it out of the bag, even if I have a bad day.
  • Like 1

Haha. Not sure, if I had my way I’d have wedge room similar to your putter shrine. Plus when I get used to something it’s hard to kick it out of the bag, even if I have a bad day.

Who says I don’t have a club collection that rivals the putter rack. #ihaveissues

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Who says I don’t have a club collection that rivals the putter rack. #ihaveissues

That’s why we keep you around!

• Like 1

That’s a beautiful club. Cmon Wilson, give us a DI!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Saw this on Twitter this morning....

Steele was heavily involved in designing the new Wilson Staff Model blades, and apparently had his hands on designing these, as well. I gamed the V4 Utility for a while and it was a honey. Interested in finding out more about these...

Thoughts?

• Like 3

What is it with driving irons these days? Everything shifted away from 1 and 2 irons, now it seems to be drifting back again.

Be that as it may, I really have no idea if I could hit it or not and would have to have it in my hands to see if I could.

• Like 2

great looking iron....i have tried a few driving irons and found that I can hit them off a mat perfectly everytime...unfortunately, that's the only place I can 😞    Hybrids work much better for me out in the wild.....I'd love to try another one though

• Like 3

Saw this on Twitter this morning....

Steele was heavily involved in designing the new Wilson Staff Model blades, and apparently had his hands on designing these, as well. I gamed the V4 Utility for a while and it was a honey. Interested in finding out more about these...

Thoughts?

If Wilson wants to be the Grand Daddy of golf like their are... they are going in the right direction. I’ve been a Wilson fan since my first toe hit back in the mid 90’s. Still can feel the shockwave up my arms.

If the next generation of the V looks like this... I don’t consider myself a hipster by any stretch, but even as a kid I’ve been drawn to stuff from different eras. Probably because my grandfather had so many cool stories to tell and old stuff around his house.

Now... we just need a sub 400cc driver, a 2 wood, and bat wing collars.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JudgeSmails said:

great looking iron....i have tried a few driving irons and found that I can hit them off a mat perfectly everytime...unfortunately, that's the only place I can 😞    Hybrids work much better for me out in the wild.....I'd love to try another one though

I have been on the lookout because hybrids don't work for me at all, unfortunately. This looks like a beautiful club.