Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Headed to Club Champion -Atlanta Saturday

My equipment is awesome, crazy I am going there.  Have read and researched so much gotta try some stuff first hand.  Trying to find a a hybrid shaft for a Rogue 2 hybrid. If I find one that gives better dispersion and possibly more length I'd drop my 3W -on the courses I play the 3W is just not worth the risk reward.  At least for me.   My fear is the rogue was set up with specific intent-not sure the change will make a difference or worth the dollars.  Anyone have any thoughts ? 

TS3 with GD AD BB6 Stiff 

Rogue 3w and 2 Hybrid with Atmos Blue 85

Cobra F9  4 Hybrid with Atmos blue 85 

Ping i210 irons 

Volkey Wedges exce[t Ping Glide forged 52 

Toulon Long Island Putter 

I went to Club Champion Portland last Monday.  I was blown away by the numbers I was seeing on Trackman.  I saw huge benefits in reshafting my driver, gaining yardage, but more importantly reducing the dispersion and increasing my launch angle.  I was looking to replace my irons, so that was the main focus.  Again, through varying shaft and head combinations, the fitter achieved the best combination to maximize my swing.  My fitter was not pushy, and worked with me rather than simply guiding me to an end result.  Every step of the way was well explained and the numbers showed the results, both good and bad.  

My advice -- go into the process without preconceived notions and willing to trust the fitter's knowledge and experience.  You'll witness the results and, from there, can make an intelligent decision as to whether making changes will make a difference and if that cost is worth it to you.

One piece of advice -- Club Champion's build will be more expensive than you could outsource to another builder.  If you already know a good builder, you will be armed with the data to go from there.  Personally, I paid the premium prices for Club Champion to benefit from their Perfect Fit Guarantee.  To me, the intrinsic value was worth it.

Patiently awaiting my new Apex irons and reshafted driver, now 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

OMG! I went to Club Champion in Atlanta twice. Unless you plan on buying clubs from them, don’t go. For starters, they use Trackman but it’s just not accurate. I know, I know, you’ll say “but it’s Trackman!”  The distances and trajectory are wrong. I have my number Fromm Foresight GC 2. Use it 4-5 times per week. Also, they pushed hard to sell my new KBS shafts for a set of TaylorMade P790s that we’re 2 weeks old for 400 more RPMs of spin. First time, it was for the driver. All the recommendations were for $500+shafts. 

In December, I flew to aToronto to get a proper fitting with TXG. I had to ask to hit different heads. At the end, they encouraged me to keep my existing head nd consider 2019 models. They adjusted the settings, new shaft now I’m 320 with a light draw. Most important they gave me information to allow me to make better decisions. Seriously, find a different fitter in Atlanta. 

I was fitted at the Atlanta CC and more recently the new one in Buford and I’ve had fantastic experiences at both. Honestly the fitters getting commissions on what you buy sorta sucks. It encourages some to push the higher prices items. However, every time I go in there I’ve asked them to only fit me into equipment that won’t break the bank. Or I’ll just ask to see a few shafts that are in a certain price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived