fozcycle

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Okay Hockey Fans, lets get this thread going.  Who's your favorite NHL hockey team?  Why?  

My team is the Tampa Bay Lightning....Go Bolts!  They have been my team since they hit the streets back in 1993.  I worked for them from 1997-2000 as the building events accounting manager.  I settled concerts and events plus compiled the monthly financial statements for 3 years.  Afterwards I held full season tickets for 15 years(we were there for the Cup in 2004!).  Then, before I retired, I gave the tickets up, but still go occasionally and watch the games on TV.....Go Bolts!

• Like 1

I'm hoping anyone but the penguins wins the cup

• Like 1
  • Love 1

MN Wild, but alas they sucked the last half of the season and missed the playoffs.  Now I'm just looking forward to golf

• Like 1

My boys won’t be back in the Stanley Cup hunt for years from now... Detroit. We won our share with Federov, Yzerman, and Bowman, but paying for all of those free agents cost us for years to come. Maybe we can convince Stevie Y to come back and be our GM. We got screwed with the 6th pick again this year as statistically we shouldn’t have been worse than 3rd or 4th.
Good luck to all those other teams. Get it while you can, because when the Wings are back, they’ll dominate the Cup!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

#LeafsForever

Can't wait to see the Leafs begin their destruction of the Bruins tomorrow night. God I hate those fuckers. Let's Go Leafs!

@fozcycle sorry the Lightning blew it tonight. I am not imagining that is going to happen again. Part of the problem with not playing a meaningful game in more than a month.

• Like 3

Caps Repeat!!

Been a Caps fan for as long as the team has existed.  I'm cautiously optimistic, they didn't do anything stupid like run away with the President's Trophy, and waste it all n the regular season.  But from everything I've seen, its nearly impossible to predict, all I can do is watch and hope.

• Like 2

Go Leafs Go. Been a leafs for a lot of years, born after last cup win in 1967.
Game 1 looked like a different team, to many shots but was impressed with how they shut the Bruins down in the 3rd last night, 5.shots.on goal before they pulled Rask.

The past Bruins losses stings more knowing the.leafs traded rask to the Bruins for basically nothing, then helped them again in the kessell deal that turned into Seguin and Hamilton, who they got rid of anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

C. A. P.  S.  Caps Caps Caps!! 

Lived in the DMV all my life & the Caps have always been my favorite hockey team, since 1974.  Thru the bad times & now thru the Ovechkin era & finally a Stanley Cup last year!

The odds are slim to none that they repeat, but they have "BacktoBack" in their minds for sure.  They will play hard every series.  If TB gets knocked out (which I'm hoping), then the Caps might have a shot at least at the Conference title & get back to the dance. 

There is nothing like Playoff Hockey!  My favorite time of year!  The Nut Cave is dedicated everything the Caps!  Just ask @Golfspy_CG2

• Like 3

As a lifelong Rangers fan I’m rooting for a Lightning-Stars final. Half the Lightning are former Rangers and if they win the Cup the Rangers get their first round pick this year instead of a second.

The Mats Zuccarello trade to Dallas has me rooting for them. If they get to the conference finals the Rangers get their 1st round pick this year instead of a 2nd.

Topping it off is the fact the Rangers are now picking #2 overall due to the draft lottery and will pick either Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko and are favorites to sign Artemi Panerin in free agency and things are really looking up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I live in Ohio, so I'm a Blue Jackets fan. I don't know if going all in this year at the trade deadline was a smart move, but I'm impressed that the GM was ballsy enough to do it. I love the way game 1 went, but I fully believe that what they achieved was just "poking the bear". I would not at all be surprised if the Lightning take the next four in a row. I'm really worried about next year, as so many free agents are likely to leave. I don't think it's living in Columbus that drives them out, though it certainly isn't a prime place for attention. I think it's more that Tortorella's style of hard nosed coaching only works for a limited time, and eventually the good players want out from under him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Go Leafs Go. Been a leafs for a lot of years, born after last cup win in 1967.
Game 1 looked like a different team, to many shots but was impressed with how they shut the Bruins down in the 3rd last night, 5.shots.on goal before they pulled Rask.

The past Bruins losses stings more knowing the.leafs traded rask to the Bruins for basically nothing, then helped them again in the kessell deal that turned into Seguin and Hamilton, who they got rid of anyway.

Been a Leafs fan my whole life, I lived and died as a 10 year old with that 1993 team. I still hate Kerry Fraser.

As much as those terrible trades with the Bruins suck (Rask trade particularly brutal) I am VERY happy with how good the team is now, and we wouldn't have the players we have now if we hadn't made those trades. You have to live with your history. Do you really think a team with Rask, Seguin and Hamilton is farther ahead then we are now? I don't. It's going to make beating those Bruin bastards even sweeter.

My wife's friend went on a first date with her future husband with us watching 2013 game 7 at a bar. As soon as he showed up, the Leafs started falling apart. I still hold it against him and I told my wife that if that had been our first date, there would not have been a second.

• Like 1

A team with rask, Hamilton and Seguin would not be futher ahead as we would not have been so dreadful to get the high draft picks we did.

We are much better off now, only concern is salary cap moving forward

Been a Leafs fan my whole life, I lived and died as a 10 year old with that 1993 team. I still hate Kerry Fraser.
As much as those terrible trades with the Bruins suck (Rask trade particularly brutal) I am VERY happy with how good the team is now, and we wouldn't have the players we have now if we hadn't made those trades. You have to live with your history. Do you really think a team with Rask, Seguin and Hamilton is farther ahead then we are now? I don't. It's going to make beating those Bruin bastards even sweeter.
My wife's friend went on a first date with her future husband with us watching 2013 game 7 at a bar. As soon as he showed up, the Leafs started falling apart. I still hold it against him and I told my wife that if that had been our first date, there would not have been a second.

• Like 1

Go Bolts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I agree with newballcoach. I doubt the Bolts will blow another and I h&$e the Bruins.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Dang.... what's up with the bolts?

The president cup curse!!! The jackets did this last year though and the team that beat em won a cup!!! Remember that bolts fans one game at a time.

• Like 2

Been a Red Wings fan for a very long time now. Although heyvare not in the playoffs, I have been watching some of the games, I don’t like the Bruins or Penguins, so i will cheer against them in any round. I am really intrigued by the CBJ and the Islanders, both teams played well the first 2 games. Now CBJ gets to go home and that could be the end of the Bolts for the year. Islanders have to go to Pitt. The Isle’s are playing really well as a team right now, their goalie is “on” which is a recipe for winning in the playoffs. I haven’t watched much of the other series, since they don’t start until what seems like 1 in the morning on the west coast. There’s nothing like playoff hockey, anything can happen and likely will. Good luck to the teams who are in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Been a Red Wings fan for a very long time now. Although heyvare not in the playoffs, I have been watching some of the games, I don’t like the Bruins or Penguins, so i will cheer against them in any round. I am really intrigued by the CBJ and the Islanders, both teams played well the first 2 games. Now CBJ gets to go home and that could be the end of the Bolts for the year. Islanders have to go to Pitt. The Isle’s are playing really well as a team right now, their goalie is “on” which is a recipe for winning in the playoffs. I haven’t watched much of the other series, since they don’t start until what seems like 1 in the morning on the west coast. There’s nothing like playoff hockey, anything can happen and likely will. Good luck to the teams who are in the playoffs. 

Their goalies have been on all year not just one but both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Their goalies have been on all year not just one but both.

And as we have seen over the years in the playoffs, a “hot” goalie usually means you win a lot of playoff games. 

• Like 2