Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Courses opening despite state mandates

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I actually had an interesting conversation with my cousin who is head greens at a local course. What do you guys think about the towns that should have been responsible for this opening instead of the state? Local towns have there own health administrations and could work directly with each course?

I am definitely for local government over large scale I.E. country vs state vs town.

Imo it’s no different than state vs fed saying what to do. State sets guidelines and towns/cities decide how to do their business. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

FINALLY.... the entire country has now officially welcomed golfers back.

https://www.massgolf.org/play/safeplayguidelines/

... I went to Whole Foods a week ago and there were about 10-15 people not wearing masks. More than a few crowding others without a 6 foot separation. I had to touch the cart and everything I put in it. OTOH I played golf yesterday and got out of my car and met the starter outside the clubhouse. He took my name from 10 feet away and waived me to the first tee. I met my playing partner, a stranger, and we easily kept 6 feet apart the entire day. I touched nothing but my ball and my clubs. At the end of the round I waived good bye to Kevin and got in my car without touching anything and drove home. 

... Clearly I am much safer on a golf course and did not risk spreading Covid but not as safe in WF's. Thankfully Gov Baker finally caved to pressure from citizens and opened Mass golf courses. Congrats gentlemen. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

I can't answer this without political overtones creeping in, so I'll just read the responses.

Its tough because so many moving parts but hey ya know what WE ARE ALL OPEN! Lets golf!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

Gonna wait a month or 5... gonna be friggin packed.

You don't even know...lol. Golf is just about the only thing allowed in Ohio. The courses in my area are stacked with people waiting on the tee boxes. It is every bit of a 5 hour and longer round. I just play and enjoy the time away from home. Somehow a long, slow round is not a big deal right now.😉

54 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Its tough because so many moving parts but hey ya know what WE ARE ALL OPEN! Lets golf!

If you want to see some interesting statistics look up cuomo’s comments from yesterday about stats from the state of ny. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you want to see some interesting statistics look up cuomo’s comments from yesterday about stats from the state of ny. 

I see a lot about how they are reopening and what is going to be needed over periods of time to open.

To me this is double edged just because of population density in a city. For example in MA huge percentage of cases are within Boston and Worcester, that does not speak to the rest of the state and smaller towns. Same can be said for NY I am sure Buffalo has far less issues and cannot be lumped into the same stats as the city of NY

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

45 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I see a lot about how they are reopening and what is going to be needed over periods of time to open.

To me this is double edged just because of population density in a city. For example in MA huge percentage of cases are within Boston and Worcester, that does not speak to the rest of the state and smaller towns. Same can be said for NY I am sure Buffalo has far less issues and cannot be lumped into the same stats as the city of NY

Yeah. Pretty much the majority of cases are centered in around large cities. NYC and the 5 or 6 surrounding suburbs account for a lot of cases in general but is the vast majority of the cases in NY. Same here in MD. Baltimore city and Baltimore county along with the suburbs right around DC are the 5 major areas. 

figures MA courses get to open and there's a chance for measurable snow in a lot of the state Friday evening into Saturday morning.

What a weird year it has been.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Maryland just opened up as of today...let me rephrase that.  The governor has now made it so that outdoor recreational activities are no longer restricted so golfing, boating, fishing etc...are open.  Doesn't mean that every course is open today (I heard the Governor didn't let any of the municipalities know that was what he was doing so a lot of places had the deer in the headlight effect).  Some are open, some are closed, some say they are open but are really closed...Me...I'm just sitting back watching the fireworks go off as people complain etc...LOL,.  

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Maryland just opened up as of today...let me rephrase that.  The governor has now made it so that outdoor recreational activities are no longer restricted so golfing, boating, fishing etc...are open.  Doesn't mean that every course is open today (I heard the Governor didn't let any of the municipalities know that was what he was doing so a lot of places had the deer in the headlight effect).  Some are open, some are closed, some say they are open but are really closed...Me...I'm just sitting back watching the fireworks go off as people complain etc...LOL,.  

MDGolfHacker

Yea similar here. Courses were somewhat aware that the announcement was coming but the 2 courses that put out they were opening regardless gave the state reps a sour taste it sounded like so they held back and decided not to do advanced notice.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

... Here is an example of leaving things up to the individual courses or municipalities. Below is the rule from the State of Illinois. But one of the Forrest Preserve courses sent out an email after the opening weekend when the tee sheet didn't fill completely, basically saying you don't need a handicap designation or a Dr's recommendation to prove you have any "physical limitations". If you think walking will leave you out of breath then that is a physical limitation. So we have plenty of carts and if you think anything would limit you physically from walking 18 we have a cart for you! 

• No golf carts may be used on course (either owned by golf club or privately owned), except 217.782.7500 Springfield | 312.814.7179 Chicago | www.illinois.gov/dceo

individuals with a physical disability or physical limitations that prevent them from walking the

course may rent a cart from the golf club.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

They couldn't figure out a way to qualify for a PPP?  That's a shame

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

Golf is just about the only thing allowed in Ohio. The courses in my area are stacked with people waiting on the tee boxes. It is every bit of a 5 hour and longer round. I just play and enjoy the time away from home. Somehow a long, slow round is not a big deal right now.😉

So far, my experience has been the opposite. 3.5 hours at Turkeyfoot, a 2 hour league nine (that is historically 2.5 - 3), and less than 2.75 at Good Park (a historically slower round) for 18. Haven't played a ton, but I am digging the pace so far.

All 3 places have really emphasized starting on time and keeping moving so there won't be any back-ups and congragating on the 1st tee.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

8 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

So far, my experience has been the opposite. 3.5 hours at Turkeyfoot, a 2 hour league nine (that is historically 2.5 - 3), and less than 2.75 at Good Park (a historically slower round) for 18. Haven't played a ton, but I am digging the pace so far.

All 3 places have really emphasized starting on time and keeping moving so there won't be any back-ups and congragating on the 1st tee.

I haven't played Turkeyfoot in probably 6 years. It's a fun course, but it's too expensive IMO. My area courses are Lyons Den, (home course) The Elms, Chippewa and Riceland. Chippewa does a good job of keeping things moving, but again, too expensive. They are all public courses, but the other 3 are packed to the gills...lol. Probably because they are very affordable.

Edited by silver & black
spelling
4 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I haven't played Turkeyfoot in probably 6 years. It's a fun course, but it's too expensive IMO. My area courses are Lyons Den, (home course) The Elms, Chippewa and Riceland. Chippewa does a good job of keeping things moving, but again, too expensive. They are all public courses, but the other 3 are packed to the gills...lol. Probably because they are very affordable.

Turkeyfoot rate was $25 when I played last week - very, very reasonable, IMO. I've played Lyon's Den, Chippewa, and Riceland. I like Chippewa, but, like you said, too expensive to play very often. Lyon's Den has always been a scramble when I've played, so it's slow. I played Riceland for the first time last summer. I enjoyed it. It wasn't super busy because weather was iffy and we were second group off.

Turkeyfoot rate was $25 when I played last week - very, very reasonable, IMO. I've played Lyon's Den, Chippewa, and Riceland. I like Chippewa, but, like you said, too expensive to play very often. Lyon's Den has always been a scramble when I've played, so it's slow. I played Riceland for the first time last summer. I enjoyed it. It wasn't super busy because weather was iffy and we were second group off.
Chippewa is 3 greens away from being a top 5 course in NE Ohio. And it's not just the triangle holes, one of those greens isn't crazy. It's that par 3 12th. That green is as wide as a dining room table and falls off steep on all 4 sides.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

Wow...really! I need to check that out. The last time I played there it was $50 for 18 and a cart. 

Riceland is a nice course that is very fair in it's layout. My brother and I play there quite a bit. Chippewa is my favorite place, but  I might play there twice a season because of the cost.

Have you played at Great Trail in Minerva? Super fun and scenic ... and only $28 on weekends with a cart. I don't know how they stay in business...lol.

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Have you played at Great Trail in Minerva? Super fun and scenic ... and only $28 on weekends with a cart. I don't know how they stay in business...lol.

I have not. I'll have to look into it!

Not many courses around here we can play for under $30 I’m ecstatic for $45 MA screwing us left and right 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

Not many courses around here we can play for under $30 I’m ecstatic for $45 MA screwing us left and right 

We will get a foursome together once you Mass guys can play in RI.  $32 for Meadow Brook on Monday.

http://www.meadowbrookgolfri.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=HP

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

14 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

We will get a foursome together once you Mass guys can play in RI.  $32 for Meadow Brook on Monday.

http://www.meadowbrookgolfri.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=HP

I know my back roads let’s go next week! 7k from blue damn and 15 looks like a dog! Man that looks amazing how have I not played there before....PM me I would love to get out there I am sure @B.Boston would enjoy this as well 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I know my back roads let’s go next week! 7k from blue damn and 15 looks like a dog! Man that looks amazing how have I not played there before....PM me I would love to get out there I am sure [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] would enjoy this as well 

Yeah that looks real nice! Will need to check it out.

I’ve been told that RI isn’t restricting people from coming in anymore? Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Yeah that looks real nice! Will need to check it out.

I’ve been told that RI isn’t restricting people from coming in anymore? Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were restricted on Monday but things open up on Saturday so let me check. My club is restricting guests to RI only as of 5 minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right