Best Winter Golf Gloves

Our Sponsors

We are about a month or two away from cold golf here in the north.  Can anyone recommend good winter golf gloves?  The best I've done to date is FJ Rain gloves.  Alternatives have been a bit too thick in the wrong spots for an interlocking grip.  I'm considering football receiver gloves!

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8 3 wood
Hybrids: :cobra-small:F8 17*, :callaway-small: XR 22*, 25*
Irons: PXG 0211 6 - GW
Wedges::ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7, :ping-small: G25 irons

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:02 AM, Dr Strangelove said:

We are about a month or two away from cold golf here in the north.  Can anyone recommend good winter golf gloves?  The best I've done to date is FJ Rain gloves.  Alternatives have been a bit too thick in the wrong spots for an interlocking grip.  I'm considering football receiver gloves!

I've been happy using the WinterSof by Footjoy.  Depending on how cold it gets I might bring a HotHands warmer. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood: :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

I read some good stuff about zero restrictions winter gloves not even a little cheap at $88 but maybe something worth a shot since they would last quite a bit longer than your normal glove. I know I need something, even for a morning round on a warm day my left hand gets so cold it bothers me.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently ordered a pair of Zero Friction (Storm) All Weather gloves from Costco. I'm in the Chicagoland area they are warm but interlocking fingers with these gloves isn't ideal because of how thick they are around the digits. The gloves also bunch-up when you curl your fingers in. These gloves are great value but I would be willing to pay slightly more for a pair of gloves that would let me play with my normal grip. 

I have been working to switch my grip to a 10 finger grip to make it work with these gloves, not happy about it but getting to still play in cold weather is a win IMO. 

Ive always been a big fan of the Mizuno Thermagrips.  I find them to be warm enough but aren't bulky and still feel pretty much like a normal golf glove.  Now that I live in Ohio, its not something that I use so much anymore but back when I lived in Wisconsin and early morning rounds in the fall could easily be in the 30s, they were something that I used somewhat often.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Footjoy just released some Stasof Winter grips.  They are fantastic.  Like to high quality "normal" gloves with just a bit of fleece on the top of the hand.  They do not feel thick like normal gloves.  The downside is they cost just as much as two high quality gloves would.

Leupold GX-4i3

12 hours ago, FairwaysnGreens said:

Recently ordered a pair of Zero Friction (Storm) All Weather gloves from Costco. I'm in the Chicagoland area they are warm but interlocking fingers with these gloves isn't ideal because of how thick they are around the digits. The gloves also bunch-up when you curl your fingers in. These gloves are great value but I would be willing to pay slightly more for a pair of gloves that would let me play with my normal grip. 

I have been working to switch my grip to a 10 finger grip to make it work with these gloves, not happy about it but getting to still play in cold weather is a win IMO. 

Check out FJ Stasof Winter gloves.  Interlocking is not a problem.  The price may be.

Leupold GX-4i3