Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Titleist Surefit Fairway Woods Settings & Wrench

I recently got fit for a TS2 in the B2 setting which I purchased same day of fitting. They also recommended I could get a 5 wood after trying that vs the 3 Hybrid which I bought elsewhere as they did not have in stock. Should my 5 wood also go in the same setting as the 3 wood? Also, do I need a Titleist Surefit wrench? It calls this a torque wrench that clicks but the wrench I have does not have any torque setting (Taylormade). Will I do any harm using the $3 Taylormade wrench vs the $15-20 Titleist one?

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST 9* +1 CB Alta Stiff

3 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 15* +1.5 B3

5 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 18* +1.5 B3

Irons: :ping-small: Rapture 5i-PW (4i M.I.A.)

GW: :titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52/08

SW: :mizuno-small: MP-T 56/10

LW: :cleveland-small: CG12 60*
Putter: :taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black

28 minutes ago, depan said:

I recently got fit for a TS2 in the B2 setting which I purchased same day of fitting. They also recommended I could get a 5 wood after trying that vs the 3 Hybrid which I bought elsewhere as they did not have in stock. Should my 5 wood also go in the same setting as the 3 wood? Also, do I need a Titleist Surefit wrench? It calls this a torque wrench that clicks but the wrench I have does not have any torque setting (Taylormade). Will I do any harm using the $3 Taylormade wrench vs the $15-20 Titleist one?

Driver and 5w swings are going to be slightly different with driver being teed higher and hopefully an upward aoa, where 5w is teed much lower or off the deck and a slight descending blow. 

B2 iirc is standard lie and .75 upright on lie angle. 

unless you are pushing your 5w to the right going to b2 doesn’t really make sense.

Test Your 5w out on the range in a1 setting, if you need to make an adjustment make it the most extreme first to see what the results are then if needed make small adjustments til you get what works for your.  Example if you are hitting pushes and push fades then go to a3 which is going to be the most extreme for draw setting. If that’s to much change the either way then go either b3 or d3 and see what changes

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Driver and 5w swings are going to be slightly different with driver being teed higher and hopefully an upward aoa, where 5w is teed much lower or off the deck and a slight descending blow.

Sorry if it wasn't clear but my 3 wood is what I was fit for in the B2 setting.

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST 9* +1 CB Alta Stiff

3 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 15* +1.5 B3

5 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 18* +1.5 B3

Irons: :ping-small: Rapture 5i-PW (4i M.I.A.)

GW: :titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52/08

SW: :mizuno-small: MP-T 56/10

LW: :cleveland-small: CG12 60*
Putter: :taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black

1 hour ago, depan said:

Sorry if it wasn't clear but my 3 wood is what I was fit for in the B2 setting.

Ok. Even so because of the added loft and shorter shaft I would start with A1 and see how that works and follow same testing process

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What really counts and most importantly, is the result ?

No one could give you the final verdict, except for the end user himself.  Trust me, the preferences will change from week to week.   All the fitting, the numbers from the spread sheet...... are great "starting point" , nothing more.    

Recommend to get a torque wrench, because you don't wish to over or under tighten the set screw.  It's a price a sleeve of premium golf balls and will last you the life time.    Search for a used one or check with your local golf shop, they might have plenty laying around.

So get the wrench and test for yourself, like I said, the 3 wood setting could be a good starting point, and if you're in this game long enough, you will understand this game is all about the slightest difference to separate the winner from the runner-ups with a single stroke  ( or in match play, the score on a single hole ).  

The static measurement changes each day and I'd bet even your posture changes from day to day, that 1/4"-1/2" difference in wrist to floor distance or a uneven lie in the fairway ........  Don't be too hung up on the numbers, because you're not a stationary "iron Byron".  Ever tried a pair of new golf shoes ?  That may change your measurement a little.  

Get the wrench ( so you won't damage the thread or the set screw ) and experiment.  Personally, most of the benefit I got from the adjustable hosel is the ease of changing shafts.   If OEM decided to come out with a fixed hosel with interchangeable tips for shafts, I'll be okay for a lower cost. 

Most of the major OEMs have been using the same torx bit (T25) and torque setting (40 in-lbs) for several years.

Taylormade specifically has always used the same bit size but had two different torque settings (yellow r7 MWT tool used 30 in-lbs, all others since the introduction of the adjustable shafts have been the standard 40 in-lbs spec). The OP should be fine to use their existing TM tool (I don’t recall them releasing any fixed tools).

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W