Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Benefits of a Belly Putter

• SPY VIP

I know there are plenty of you out there who are anti-Belly Putter. I'm very much pro belly putter, and quite frankly, unless the USGA changes the rules, I don't see myself ever going back. I am bummed sometimes that I miss out on some of the really slick designs you see in conventional putters (here's hoping the guys at Machine Putters make a belly), but I also don't mind the looks of big nasty high MOI putters. The putter, like every other club in the bag is a tool, and you'll never hear a contractor complain about an ugly hammer that gets the job done, right?

Anyway...for those on the fence, here's a recent video from SeeMore discussing some of the benefits of the Belly Putter.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 1 month later...

I know there are plenty of you out there who are anti-Belly Putter. I'm very much pro belly putter, and quite frankly, unless the USGA changes the rules, I don't see myself ever going back. I am bummed sometimes that I miss out on some of the really slick designs you see in conventional putters (here's hoping the guys at Machine Putters make a belly), but I also don't mind the looks of big nasty high MOI putters. The putter, like every other club in the bag is a tool, and you'll never hear a contractor complain about an ugly hammer that gets the job done, right?

Anyway...for those on the fence, here's a recent video from SeeMore discussing some of the benefits of the Belly Putter.

I've always been curious about belly putters. I'm gonna try one this year on the practice green.

Just a dedicated Hogan fan trying to understand this crazy game...

Archived