2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Best of Two

Barry1

1 hour ago, Barry1 said:

So I have been playing for a year and a half now . Newbie. Bought used clubs to start. Looking at new drivers have narrowed the list to PXG 0811X and Taylormade Sim Mix. I currently have TM m4. Any suggestions?

Your best option is to try them.  I see you live in Chesapeake;  drive to the addicted to golf locations in Newport News and Williamsburg and try the ones they have used.   You can probably call and have them moved to the Newport News location so you can try them at one location.  

https://addictedtogolf.com/used-club-directory/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Assuming performance was equal: Longevity should be the same, I would personally choose the cheaper option if everything was equal.    Some people like PXG as a company some don’t as the dint like the commercials or Bob Parsons.  Both companies make good products.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Probably both would be really good.  For me, I still have an M4 driver that I really like.  I tried Sim and Sim Max and stuck with the M4.  Now I have a Sim2 and for me it's an improvement over last year's Sims.   Is it $500+ better than the M4, honestly probably not.  Probably depends on your swing, etc.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

Assuming performance was equal: Longevity should be the same, I would personally choose the cheaper option if everything was equal.    Some people like PXG as a company some don’t as the dint like the commercials or Bob Parsons.  Both companies make good products.  

Thanks, I had good and bad, I’m sure that was me. PXG is currently cheaper in price

Taylormade sim irons/ m4 driver