Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

LIV: DeChambeau and a bunch of guys diminished by playing in shorts.  This will be the last time I put Koepka or Cam on one of my fantasy teams.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Rory is a 🤡

Rory should have stuck to playing golf and not jumped into speaking out on almost every issue and trying to be something he isn’t. Rory is the only person responsible for tarnishing his legacy. 

I wouldn’t go as far to say Rory is a clown.  But he definitely painted himself into a corner.

Edited by Owengeorge13

🙃

1 hour ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I wouldn’t go as far to say Rory is a clown.  But he definitely painted himself into a corner.

99% of the time when he opens his mouth he is isn’t saying anything and acting like he’s taking some stance and then as we see with liv when he finds out nobody likes him he changes his tune in hopes of getting liked and maybe an offer.

He should have done like Tiger, Jordan and others and stick to just playing and keeping quiet on most subjects. His actions yesterday aren’t new and it just proves who he really is and has been

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

99% of the time when he opens his mouth he is isn’t saying anything and acting like he’s taking some stance and then as we see with liv when he finds out nobody likes him he changes his tune in hopes of getting liked and maybe an offer.

He should have done like Tiger, Jordan and others and stick to just playing and keeping quiet on most subjects. His actions yesterday aren’t new and it just proves who he really is and has been

So do you and Rory exchange Christmas Cards? Ha ha. I am obviously joking. However, coming in second at the US Open is no small feat. Yes, he potentially had it won and gave it away. However, I wouldn’t call him a clown. He has had a great career and has changed a lot over the years. Some players are more measured than others. They are all humans first and foremost. Some guys just answer at the moment without thinking of the long term effects. Some wear their opinions on their sleeve. To me I am just interested in watching their golf. 

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Javs said:

So do you and Rory exchange Christmas Cards? Ha ha. I am obviously joking. However, coming in second at the US Open is no small feat. Yes, he potentially had it won and gave it away. However, I wouldn’t call him a clown. He has had a great career and has changed a lot over the years. Some players are more measured than others. They are all humans first and foremost. Some guys just answer at the moment without thinking of the long term effects. Some wear their opinions on their sleeve. To me I am just interested in watching their golf. 

I think Rory is an extraordinary player and one of the best at driving the ball. His putter has been an issue for a long time. I wasn’t surprised by his misses down the stretch. 

Rory’s had some streaks of showing why he’s had the career he has had to date but he’s let a lot of non on the course things get to him over the years.

Like him or not he sounds like a lot of athletes when they try to speak about things that aren’t on the field related. But he’s always thought he was better than the game an he’s been very similar to what he showed yesterday when he walked away and took a quick exit.

I like watching golf albeit watch far less than I have in the past but the same goes for all sports. I like athletes who just play and ain’t try to talk on subjects they aren’t that smart about. I prefer the Tiger approach and Jordan approach to things.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I think Rory is an extraordinary player and one of the best at driving the ball. His putter has been an issue for a long time. I wasn’t surprised by his misses down the stretch. 

Rory’s had some streaks of showing why he’s had the career he has had to date but he’s let a lot of non on the course things get to him over the years.

Like him or not he sounds like a lot of athletes when they try to speak about things that aren’t on the field related. But he’s always thought he was better than the game an he’s been very similar to what he showed yesterday when he walked away and took a quick exit.

I like watching golf albeit watch far less than I have in the past but the same goes for all sports. I like athletes who just play and ain’t try to talk on subjects they aren’t that smart about. I prefer the Tiger approach and Jordan approach to things.

I can agree with that assessment! Most of us enjoy entertainment and sports to get away from life’s distractions. Not have a player add to it. I also agree that he could have been more gracious in the loss. It’s easy to be a good winner. 

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

34 minutes ago, Javs said:

Most of us enjoy entertainment and sports to get away from life’s distractions. Not have a player add to it. I also agree that he could have been more gracious in the loss. It’s easy to be a good winner. 

... Ya just can't win that game. If they say nothing they are sullen and anti social. If they give stock answers they are disingenuous. If they give honest answers they will potentially lose 50% of their fans. Rory has had more heartbreak than most and I can't blame him at all for leaving the course after he yet again lost a Major he had firmly in his grasp. 

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r
                  :cobra-small:    King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

Pretty respectable showing from a bunch of guys who purportedly can no longer play PGA tour level golf.  LIV's showing and stellar performance at majors supports why they should also be playing at PGAT elevated events as well. Presuming one really wants the best in the world competing against one another, that should be the next step.

image.png.aed0be353e68933fbca285dca07d2f72.png

As much a crushing loss as this is to Rory, I think it was bad form for him to bee-line off the grounds.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw replay of him watching Bryson make the putt on the tube, then immediately head off with his group for the parking lot and quickly drive away.  Did he take the time to go out an congratulate Bryson at some point before leaving?  If not, that's pretty small on his part.  Would he have done the same had he lost to Finau or Cantlay?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 6/17/2024 at 7:53 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Pretty respectable showing from a bunch of guys who purportedly can no longer play PGA tour level golf. 

Not what’s been said in this thread but not surprised either.

LIV's showing and stellar performance at majors supports why they should also be playing at PGAT elevated events as well.

They could have been if they chose to not break the players agreement they all approved and agreed to.

Only ones at fault for not being at any pha tour event is themselves. The ones to blame for the ones not exempt from majors for having a harder time getting into them is both the golfer for leaving and the leadership of LIV for choosing to pass on adopting the proposal from the owgr board to get points. If Norman or whoever on that side didn’t say no then they would have been earning points and who knows maybe someone like Niemann would have not had to gone to qualifying and would have been exempted. Or maybe if they weren’t chasing the money and instead wanted to play with the best week in and week out they would have passed on the money tonsils their “legacy”

Cant have the cake and eat it too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw replay of him watching Bryson make the putt on the tube, then immediately head off with his group for the parking lot and quickly drive away.  Did he take the time to go out a congratulate Bryson at some point before leaving?  If not, that's pretty small on his part.  Would he have done the same had he lost to Finau or Cantlay?

That’s what happened and it wouldn’t have mattered who it was that made the putt, he was out the door once it sank. It’s typical Rory. Then he drops some press release/social media post congratulating Bryson after the heat for bolting out once the putt dropped, while also saying he needs a break and drops from the travelers.

He’s weak sauce 

Just now, Owengeorge13 said:

Tournament this week has been great.  Look at this great addition…

IMG_3738.jpeg

The Mygolfspy instagram account has been surprisingly pro LIV all week.  Hopefully this continues 

🙃

34 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

The Mygolfspy instagram account has been surprisingly pro LIV all week.  Hopefully this continues 

Clever, ugly, and not very comfortable looking all at once.  If they require event winners to have their pictures taken sitting in it, we might start seeing some resignation announcements 😆.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 6/17/2024 at 3:13 AM, Owengeorge13 said:

IMG_3717.jpegIs Rory the new bad boy of golf?  Will he now join LIV?

After a week of this being debated and talked about, I think Rory is okay doing what he did. The difference between the two is that Bryson made a putt on 18 at Valhalla only to have Xander also make his putt. Rory missed his putts to have Bryson make his putt at Pinehurst. I think Rory is immensely frustrated that he lost it vs Bryson won it. 

1. Driver Ping G5
  2. 3 Wood Ping G5
  3. 22 degree hybrid Ping G5
  4. Irons Ping G5 4-SW
  5. Putter Ping Anser 2
  6. Ball, anything that finds water

This may stir the pot a bit but I wanted to know other folks opinions on this....

Personally, I think it takes away from the game and proves some points about the lack of seriousness of LIV golf.  

Drones disrupting the golfers while swinging.... fine, you had to have a clue when you joined in year 2 what you were walking into with the music and party holes at each course.

Norman walking out during a tournament for millions of dollars to tend a flag of someone in contention..... This one crossed the line for me with poor showing.

I have given LIV a chance and while I'm not a fan of it, tried to understand it on multiple levels.  Norman doing this just shows that it 100% is about the money and "wrestling" style entertainment.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

It is very hard to take it seriously. I appreciate the fact that LIV has found a way to make the game a little more entertaining but personally, I don’t want my golf to be as flamboyant as say the NFL or NBA. I do miss the days of the Tiger fist pumps and the way he energized the crowds. Nobody really does that on the Tour these days. But all the drones and the raves, it just doesn’t help me take the events as serious competition. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

21 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

This may stir the pot a bit but I wanted to know other folks opinions on this....

Personally, I think it takes away from the game and proves some points about the lack of seriousness of LIV golf.  

Drones disrupting the golfers while swinging.... fine, you had to have a clue when you joined in year 2 what you were walking into with the music and party holes at each course.

Norman walking out during a tournament for millions of dollars to tend a flag of someone in contention..... This one crossed the line for me with poor showing.

I have given LIV a chance and while I'm not a fan of it, tried to understand it on multiple levels.  Norman doing this just shows that it 100% is about the money and "wrestling" style entertainment.  

I am with you @Josh Parker I have given LIV a chance to view, personally there is nothing that would make me shift, however I am a traditionalist and grew up with the current television structure so it is comfortable. As for Greg Norman, there is (no-one that loves Greg more than Greg loves Greg) you don't see anyone on the PGA tour going out to interact with the players until all is done. 

committed to performance excellence

28 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Expect it on the PGA tour as well

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/06/22/pga-tour-live-drone-tracer-travelers-championship.aspx

my personal opinion is it is more the player than the drones or cameramen.   Rahm was the same way when he was on the PGA tour.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Expect it on the PGA tour as well

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/06/22/pga-tour-live-drone-tracer-travelers-championship.aspx

my personal opinion is it is more the player than the drones or cameramen.   Rahm was the same way when he was on the PGA tour.   

Agree 100%  

Some players have always been like that. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

I am with you @Josh Parker I have given LIV a chance to view, personally there is nothing that would make me shift, however I am a traditionalist and grew up with the current television structure so it is comfortable. As for Greg Norman, there is (no-one that loves Greg more than Greg loves Greg) you don't see anyone on the PGA tour going out to interact with the players until all is done. 

I don't mind some of the changes. Shorts should be allowed but that's coming from someone that can stand still and sweat. Haha.  

20 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

you don't see anyone on the PGA tour going out to interact with the players until all is done. 

I assume you are referring to executives on the tour because reporters and officials interact with the players.    The PGA executives are probably seldom at an event.  

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

28 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I assume you are referring to executives on the tour because reporters and officials interact with the players.    The PGA executives are probably seldom at an event.  

Yes I was thinking more the executives, and I believe many of them are at the events but in the background letting the athletes have center stage, as it should be.., jay monohan is around quite a bit. 

35 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Agree 100%  

Some players have always been like that. 

I don't mind some of the changes. Shorts should be allowed but that's coming from someone that can stand still and sweat. Haha.  

As my buddy says “I can sweat in a snowstorm “ 

committed to performance excellence

3 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

As my buddy says “I can sweat in a snowstorm

Ha. I probably could.  Although,  I'm glad I don't have to find out but once every couple years down here. 

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

It is very hard to take it seriously. I appreciate the fact that LIV has found a way to make the game a little more entertaining but personally, I don’t want my golf to be as flamboyant as say the NFL or NBA. I do miss the days of the Tiger fist pumps and the way he energized the crowds. Nobody really does that on the Tour these days. But all the drones and the raves, it just doesn’t help me take the events as serious competition. 

I'm not sure I understand to what you are objecting.  I watched bits of it when it was available on WGN, but I'm not going to seek it out for what I've seen.  I have no interest in the shorts, raving or Gregging.  However, my objection is the promise of team play.  IMHO, the aggregate of 4 guys is not anything to get excited about.  If they actually came up with something interesting -- if they played the way my league does -- I would tune in.

PS- like a schedule, team vs team, standings.  Why is fantasy football so much more popular than rotisserie baseball?  Because simply piling up points is not interesting. 

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

7 hours ago, mardukes said:

I'm not sure I understand to what you are objecting.  I watched bits of it when it was available on WGN, but I'm not going to seek it out for what I've seen.  I have no interest in the shorts, raving or Gregging.  However, my objection is the promise of team play.  IMHO, the aggregate of 4 guys is not anything to get excited about.  If they actually came up with something interesting -- if they played the way my league does -- I would tune in.

PS- like a schedule, team vs team, standings.  Why is fantasy football so much more popular than rotisserie baseball?  Because simply piling up points is not interesting. 

The current team approach is unappealing to me. I do think there is a way to incorporate a team concept and make it marketable. Give me a fourth day and all the players from the top four teams advance to the fourth day. Team aggregate for a winner take all side pot of cash would be intriguing. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

18 hours ago, Preeway said:

The current team approach is unappealing to me. I do think there is a way to incorporate a team concept and make it marketable. Give me a fourth day and all the players from the top four teams advance to the fourth day. Team aggregate for a winner take all side pot of cash would be intriguing. 

I wouldn't find an "all league all in one week" competition to be at all interesting.  Does the NFL have a Super Bowl every week?  Stanley Cup?  NBA riot every week?  Does MLB aggregate all the teams together for some rolled up competition between American and National?  I believe LIV has interpreted the survey incorrectly.  IMHO, those who answered "yes" to wanting team competitions were NOT envisioning simply extended medal play calculations.

IMHO -- I wasn't surveyed, that I know of, but I wouldn't have considered this a qualifying solution.

Yes, I have been in a couple of bowling leagues.  I can't imagine anyone tuning in to watch us drink beers.  Even if that was Cam Smith's expectation, I don't think there is an audience for it.

I do think there is a segment interested in a team golf format of some sort. I just don’t think LIV has it figured out yet.