Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

2023 Callaway PARADYM Driver Launch

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

Looks like they took the site down? I just clicked on this (also pasted it in browser) and it diverts back to the main page.  Bummer. 

I was going to say... Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be up for a little bit still. At least i did see jan 13th for pre orders!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

42 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I was going to say... Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be up for a little bit still. At least i did see jan 13th for pre orders!

My guess, it was an intended strategic teaser to get the masses excited! 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Looks like they took the site down? I just clicked on this (also pasted it in browser) and it diverts back to the main page.  Bummer. 

man, I was late to the party as well  I'm trying to think back 6 hours ago nd remember what useless thing I was doing when I could have seen these  😞

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

man, I was late to the party as well  I'm trying to think back 6 hours ago nd remember what useless thing I was doing when I could have seen these  😞

I looked on my phone, but the site didn't fully load - but I'll tell you this: my mock-up "par/ody" is shockingly close to how it looks.  @cnosilwasn't joking. Lol. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

The worst part is. I thought at one point I should have screen shot everything because their were parts of the site that weren’t completed 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/new-year-new-drivers-on-usga-conforming-list-2023-kapalua-callaway-taylormade

Here's the rest of the conforming list. Everyone seemed to have the same colour scheme thought this year😑

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

13 varieties of the paradigm apparently

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

4 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Surely that's like 10 too many 🤣

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

1 minute ago, Splatt said:

Surely that's like 10 too many 🤣

... Haha like Charles Bronson says to the 3 guys ready for a shootout in the opening scene of Once Upon A Time In The West when he asks if they brought a horse for him and they reply with a laugh "Looks like we're short one horse"  ... and Bronson shakes his head and says "You brought two too many". 

PS. I stole that line when I was lifeguarding at Myrtle Beach and we had an outdoor court where we lived and 5 community college players came over for a game but there were only 4 lifeguards. They said they would like to run with us but we only had 4 players and it wouldn't be fair and I replied "Well, lets just start playing and if the score gets too lopsided we will drop one and play you with three". 🙃

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

9 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

Which one gets me 10 more yards? Lol

in all seriousness though this seems to be the way Callaway is maximizing the benefit of the AI face for it’s tour players by offering some very unique and almost bespoke offerings for them. 

from what we’ve seen we’re likely to get 4 at retail as we’ve seen, but maybe someday down the line there will be a custom shop where you can go and get an AI face, and then driver body matched to your swing. That would be pretty cool. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

in all seriousness though this seems to be the way Callaway is maximizing the benefit of the AI face for it’s tour players by offering some very unique and almost bespoke offerings for them. 

from what we’ve seen we’re likely to get 4 at retail as we’ve seen, but maybe someday down the line there will be a custom shop where you can go and get an AI face, and then driver body matched to your swing. That would be pretty cool. 

They seem to have special variations for tour needs and such. Was the same with previous versions. 

If I'm not mistaken we should see a lot more info today on the whole lineup!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Really like that idea. A modular driver.

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If I'm not mistaken we should see a lot more info today on the whole lineup!

West Coast time, so around midnight or so. 🙃

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I just watched "The Average Golfer"'s YouTube review, and while I was watching it on my phone, it appears the video was taken down online - I think he (and Crossfield, apparently) both jumped the gun on the embargo - oops 🙂

TAG's review, fwiw, is not super complimentary.  He loves the hybrid/fairway wood, not so sure on the driver - definitely not sold on the top line/look at address.

Curious to see what everyone else's takeaway is from the driver, but so far it's not shaping up to be a runaway success. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 minute ago, Samsonite said:

TAG's review, fwiw, is not super complimentary.  He loves the hybrid/fairway wood, not so sure on the driver - definitely not sold on the top line/look at address.

Curious to see what everyone else's takeaway is from the driver, but so far it's not shaping up to be a runaway success. 

... I didn't care for the look of the Stealth at address, including the red face. The numbers were almost identical to my Sim2 when I was fit. But had the Stealth been qualitatively better I could put up with the look. Thankfully it wasn't necessary. I imagine it will be the same with the Stealth2. I will of course hit the Paradymasaurus but not liking the looks I have seen at address, and as others have said the bottom looks like a bowling ball. Aerojet will also be a must demo but haven't seen pictures at address, which is all that matters to me. If the numbers are good I can put up with a look I don't really like, but I can't play a club where the look at address is distracting like the TaylorMade R1 Nascar looking driver.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I didn't care for the look of the Stealth at address, including the red face. The numbers were almost identical to my Sim2 when I was fit. But had the Stealth been qualitatively better I could put up with the look. Thankfully it wasn't necessary. I imagine it will be the same with the Stealth2. I will of course hit the Paradymasaurus but not liking the looks I have seen at address, and as others have said the bottom looks like a bowling ball. Aerojet will also be a must demo but haven't seen pictures at address, which is all that matters to me. If the numbers are good I can put up with a look I don't really like, but I can't play a club where the look at address is distracting like the TaylorMade R1 Nascar looking driver.

Totally agree - don't care what the bottom looks like, as it's always under a cover in my bag, and the only thing I can see is the top at address.  Not usually a fan of a shiny top, but it's been a WHILE since I've had something like that, so...throwing a TSR2/3 into any future testing would be a welcome experiment.  

Cobras are always at the top of my interest, but honestly, I'm so in love with my Gen 5 XF, I'd be shocked if anything grabbed my interest that dramatically.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

30 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Totally agree - don't care what the bottom looks like, as it's always under a cover in my bag, and the only thing I can see is the top at address.  Not usually a fan of a shiny top, but it's been a WHILE since I've had something like that, so...throwing a TSR2/3 into any future testing would be a welcome experiment.  

Cobras are always at the top of my interest, but honestly, I'm so in love with my Gen 5 XF, I'd be shocked if anything grabbed my interest that dramatically.

I would strongly advise against going to demo a TSR3 unless you want to become a fan of glossy tops again.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I would strongly advise against going to demo a TSR3 unless you want to become a fan of glossy tops again.

I'll be sure to tell TrueSpec to hide them during my fitting. "We're all out (shrug)" I will have them say.  

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

I love release season! There's just something fun about watching a bunch of guys on YouTube hitting the new releases. For me, it makes for decent entertainment and helps me mellow down at night.

As far as the looks go, I give Callaway a solid "meh" as far as the bottom of the driver goes. I'll echo what others have mentioned, it looks like a bowling ball. I like bowling, but that look on the driver just doesn't do it for me. But performance is key and if I were to hit it and it was the best fit....I'd use it.

I got an email from Golf Galaxy and saw the irons, they don't look pretty either.

I will be curious how it looks at address, I thought Callaway nailed it with the Rogue. 

38 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I love release season! There's just something fun about watching a bunch of guys on YouTube hitting the new releases. For me, it makes for decent entertainment and helps me mellow down at night.

As far as the looks go, I give Callaway a solid "meh" as far as the bottom of the driver goes. I'll echo what others have mentioned, it looks like a bowling ball. I like bowling, but that look on the driver just doesn't do it for me. But performance is key and if I were to hit it and it was the best fit....I'd use it.

I got an email from Golf Galaxy and saw the irons, they don't look pretty either.

I will be curious how it looks at address, I thought Callaway nailed it with the Rogue. 

That's the first I've seen of the irons (just did a quick search) - appreciate that they're taking the Rogue Pro looks and keeping it fairly consistent with that - thought that was a great-looking iron.  Smart, too, that they're doing a "Players Distance (4-12 handicap" set, and the Paradym-X is for mid-to-high handicappers - more forgiving, chunkier iron, but still in that PD-style.  I don't hate how those look - at least compared to the drivers.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

3 hours ago, MattF said:

West Coast time, so around midnight or so. 🙃

Not quite, but here's a hint.  Remmber where the Tour is this week, even further behind PST.   So maybe some prime time lauch viewing for those of us on the East Coast. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

31 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

That's the first I've seen of the irons (just did a quick search) - appreciate that they're taking the Rogue Pro looks and keeping it fairly consistent with that - thought that was a great-looking iron.  Smart, too, that they're doing a "Players Distance (4-12 handicap" set, and the Paradym-X is for mid-to-high handicappers - more forgiving, chunkier iron, but still in that PD-style.  I don't hate how those look - at least compared to the drivers.

For what the irons are i did actually like them. I'll need to give them a better look tho when official photos come out!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Annnnnnd we're live, as of 3pm PST.  Wow.  YouTube reviews to keep me entertained all night. 

First up, Alex Etches - who is CRUSHING this thing and crushing on it, hard.  He's a little bit in love.  "Effortlessly 356" he says as he bombs it 356 yards, lol.  He hit a 348 yard fade.  He's also a beast, but still...(mantra, keep repeating it to yourself, Matthew)...I'm not in the market for a new driver.  I'm not in the market for a new driver.  (especially one that looks like a GD bowling ball....GOD DAMMMMMMMMMMMIT)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Here's TXG with them in Cali

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Really intriguing tech story with the hollow carbon body. Again, has my interest peaked.

Thinking this may be a self-fitting situation where I swap my Motore X F1 into a demo head to see what happens... not sure I want to fork over the cash for another full driver fitting.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 5.0 / Anti-Cap: 8.4 (Last Updated June 2, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Our rep came in a couple of weeks ago and these things are absolutely gorgeous. I didn't get a chance to hit one, but it was fun to feel the face from the backside via the exploded clubhead they bring. Lots of carbon, but the navy blue finish gives them a classic look. It's a nice club from Callaway, not crazy about the name, but it's way classier than anything they have released for a long time. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

Now that I've watched a couple of videos (TXG, Alex Etches), I think it looks a bit better that what I saw in the initial videos. Topline looks good, but the matte transition into the face looks a bit funky. From what I've seen, it's looks to be a good performer and fairly forgiving. I just wish I could see a review of someone with about 25 mph less clubhead speed. Matty and Alex are just beasts. 

Looks much better in the review videos I've watched. The speckled blue is less prominent and, thankfully, looks less like a cheap bowling ball 😂

I said in a thread the other day that I'm not in the market for a new driver, and I'm currently standing by that, but dammit Callaway, stop twisting my arm!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

1 hour ago, Crowev01 said:

it was fun to feel the face from the backside

I’ve heard about this move. Not everyone loves it. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T