Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

17 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I used to be a ProV snob then it was a Srixon snob. Lately I have started doing like the rest of the retirees playing the OP brand like in other people's I have found. Now in tournaments I have been playing the Srixon Marathons simply because in the past I had won so many in the Shootouts and Nine and Dines. I am down to my last dozen of them. In regular league play I have played some of everything. I did buy a Dozen TM Distance the other day in a greenish yellow. I had hit the white version of the ball and like it. My wife works part time at Wally World and got me a dozen with her discount for $15.99. I figured WTH. Due to my anti hook swing I can spin most any ball including range rocks so spin is not an issue

I was Titleist snob mostly ProV lineup but as I’ve aged my personal preference has changed.  Neighbor did ballhawking in the evenings at 3 courses next to us and he found thousands (really) of balls.  I had 1st pick of whatever he came up with and  have chatmy mind on many brands including TM, Sirxon & Callaway.  He found and I’ve played Lady’s and damn they’re really good!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Happy to see you back!!  I was getting lonely as an old f@rt without you and Tony.  Best wishes for you and SWMBO.

Thanks, trying to keep up with the young guys😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

For @EnderinAZ and our other intrepid 100-degree-plus golfers, Mr. Short Game posted a video today of a round at the hottest golf course in America, smack dab in the middle of Death Valley. Check it out. 

Roasting for 18 holes

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Update on my catsitting: The handle on our microwave has been dangling for several months, and the landlord decided it was cheaper to replace it than to fix it. The technician scheduled a visit for this morning to put in the new one, but they forgot to notify me. I'm out in the back yard supervising one of my furbabies at 9:20, the technician knocks on the front door and I don't hear it because I'm out back. So he leaves. And I still have a handle dangle. The microwave still works, if I can avoid pulling the handle off entirely, and maybe they'll get it replaced tomorrow.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review