The Grint App no longer offers free handicaps

I joined the Grint in 2016 because it was one of the only places you could manage your official handicap through an app. It wasn't the best user experience app back then but it got the job done. I primarily only use it for posting scores but now they've added a lot of features to compete with other apps, like 18 birdies. I guess they are no longer including an official handicap with the free or pro membership.

I have played in a few tournaments but nothing very competitive. I've always enjoyed having an official handicap but now I'm wondering if it's really worth the $60 a year if I'm not going to be in tournaments. I guess my question here is: Are there any other users that use the Grint for handicaps? If so what are you doing now? If you decided to pay, are you paying through the Grint or did you choose another way to post and track? I also use Arccos and wouldn't mind an integration there but I don't think it's set up for my region yet. If I'm not playing competitively in tournaments, do I even need one? 

Untitled design-3.png

I used to use The Grint but have now changed it to the free account. I use GHIN through my course because it's cheaper ($40) and they have an app that does pretty much everything The Grint did.

It's up to you if you want to keep a handicap or not, I do to see how I'm doing.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have my account linked up with my GHIN and posting scores to The Grint automatically posts to my handicap. My club requires a GHIN for tournaments and league, so it works out pretty well.

I use the free version of The Grint app on my apple watch, and I think it works really well.

Driver: Mizuno STZ220 HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX

UDI: Titleist U505 TENSEI AV RAW Blue

Irons: Ping G425 4-PW True Temper Elevate 95

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 48,52,56,60 Dynamic Gold Spinner

Putter: Taylormade TP Hydroblast Bandon 3 TP Stepped

Earlier this year they offered a discount to get a handicap. It wasn’t big. I think it was 3 bucks . 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

4 minutes ago, knotthead17 said:

did you keep it with Grint or something else? 

It’s through the Chicago District Golf Association. It’s still in the Grint. I post my score on the Grint and the handicap updates the next day. I have not posted a score on the CDGA to see if it goes to the Grint 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

12 hours ago, Bossfan said:

I have not posted a score on the CDGA to see if it goes to the Grint 

If it's the same as GHIN, it won't. I've been using the GHIN app for scoring and have had to enter it into The Grint. I think I'll go back to entering it on The Grint and let them send it over to GHIN.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!