Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Power Pod II revisited

carry&roll

Last fall when I read the Ultimate Review of the Tiger Shark Power Pod II I was intrigued. If you dropped out the subjective parts about being "ugly" the review seemed to indicate that it was a hot and low spinning driver. At the time I was hitting an 8.5* Adams Fast 10 well so I contacted TigerShark and asked why it was only offered in 10.5*. Their reply was that the spin rate was so low that the lower lofted heads they tested didn't perform well at "normal" swing speeds. Since I'm a sucker for alternative technologies in golf equipment I decided to buy one. I bought one with the UST V2 R flex shaft.

After my first trip to the range I was very disappointed. It just didn't perform up to expectations. So, I changed the shaft. I installed an Integra Professional 50 gram shaft tip trimmed 1/2". WOW!!! What a transformation. I'm hitting this driver longer than I've hit in several years. For me and my set up it has a medium high ballistic trajectory and after it lands it rolls like crazy!!! And even better, it goes straight.

I would highly recommend you try one if you have the opportunity. Or buy one used (like I did) and then put in the performance shaft that you prefer.

Archived