Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Course Management - How Would You Play This Hole?

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

In the interest of keeping things a bit easier for members to follow along please quote the hole you are references when responding so we know which hole is being discussed.

It should help keep things a bit more organized as we have new members enter the discussion and more holes being highlighted for discussion!

Okay time for the next hole! This one is in METERS! I will do my best to not put many up in meters, but this is a hole I have played a bunch and have yet to unlock consistently. 

https://www.golfparks.ch/de/Golfparks/golfpark/oberkirch/golfanlage/18-loch-anlage

Hole 12 at Oberkirch Golf Park Switzerland.

image.png

Some insights that should be read before going at it. There is little to no elevation changes. The rough at this course is brutal. Get a foot in and it might as well be a lost ball. 

It is possible to carry over the trees by the stream. They are tall so need a high ball flight, however the angle needs to be perfect because again going into the rough will mean you don't see where it is entering and well best of luck finding it. The times I have gone over successfully have meant pretty easy birdies and make it play like a par 4. The bunkers are not visible off the tee. 

For the approach shot frankly I have never been right side. It is a hill and doesnt really feed down though. The pond has some swamp grass that can obstruct the view a little bit. 

Okay have fun! and those who don't know the difference with Meters and Yards it is about 10% difference. So 100 Meters will be 110 Yards. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm a little late, so let me add my two cents on the first hole.  I'd likely play the 384 yard green tees.  With my driver, I'd hit my 175 yard drive to the right of the bunker leaving me about 230 to the pin.  Wanting to be in that 80 yard-ish range for my gap wedge, I'd hit my seven wood, maybe five hybrid depending on the wind.  I'd hope to hit the gap wedge close and one putt for a par.  

On the second par 5 hole, I think the hole set up and my lack of distance may actually give me better chance at par.  I don't hit my driver far, but I'm fairly accurate (about 75% of my fairways hit).  I'd likely play the blau or blue tees.  My driver would end up in the wider portion of the landing area about 160 meters (176 yards) leaving me about 249 meters (272 yards) out.  At that distance, it's a perfect five wood to the right of the water to the widest part of the landing area.   That would leave me about 100 meters (109 yards) in which would be a 9 iron or wedge for me.   

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Looks like I'm playing the 305yrd version.  I'm hitting my PXG gen5 driver with a slight draw starting down the right edge of the fairway to about 110 yards out.  Then I'm pulling my titelist 718 pitching wedge and going for the middle of the green.  Then with some luck I'm able to 2 putt with my scotty and get out of there.  Looks like a cool hole but difficult. 

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

For this hole, the first time I play it, I take 3 hybrid off the tee to lay up to end of the first fairway. I follow that with an 8 iron to the dog leg to get to 110 out. I play a GW into the center of what looks like a fairly small green. Leaving me with a birdie chance, but also a solid chance at a 2-putt par. 

For subsequent passes at this hole, once I’m familiar with the terrain, I would scout out possible routes to attack in two, but my first instinct is always to play for the par.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

8 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

@bens197 @cnosil @Javs Javs may blow it by us on the regular, but playing with him on this hole we press that 3W with 3 Drivers smooth down the right side of that 2nd bunker making him feel like he has to keep up. He chunks his driver catching the end of the 2nd bunker not quite carrying 300 ending up in a fried egg lie and we are all over him with fairway shots into the green 🤣 🤣🤣

Darn one of those days the Golf Gods get me, ha ha

Play like a champion today!

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay time for the next hole! This one is in METERS! I will do my best to not put many up in meters, but this is a hole I have played a bunch and have yet to unlock consistently. 

https://www.golfparks.ch/de/Golfparks/golfpark/oberkirch/golfanlage/18-loch-anlage

image.png

Some insights that should be read before going at it. There is little to no elevation changes. The rough at this course is brutal. Get a foot in and it might as well be a lost ball. 

It is possible to carry over the trees by the stream. They are tall so need a high ball flight, however the angle needs to be perfect because again going into the rough will mean you don't see where it is entering and well best of luck finding it. The times I have gone over successfully have meant pretty easy birdies and make it play like a par 4. The bunkers are not visible off the tee. 

For the approach shot frankly I have never been right side. It is a hill and doesnt really feed down though. The pond has some swamp grass that can obstruct the view a little bit. 

Okay have fun! and those who don't know the difference with Meters and Yards it is about 10% difference. So 100 Meters will be 110 Yards. 

Since I am 74 years old, I am playing the red tees here (still a hair more than 500 yards.  I'd likely hit my "fairway finder" 4-wood off the tee, aiming just left of the bridge over the stream. That should leave me about 175-190 meters (190-210 yards) into the green, and I would be HIGHLY unlikely to go for this green in two, so I'd hit a mid-short iron second shot to the fat part of the fairway, leaving 100 meters or less for my third shot, so I'd have a gap or sand wedge into the green.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

If I am playing back tees, I am playing 4 iron off the tee and either 4 or 5 iron to the next section and then a PW/9 into the green.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Depending on wind and temperature. My initial impulse is to drive it over the trees and creek with a cut to the fairway. Then anywhere from 7 iron to 4 hybrid to the green. All changes if it is cold or the wind is in my face. Then I would play it as a three shot hole. 

Play like a champion today!

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Wow, this must be a tough course.  The far red arc is 260 from the Whites. If playing from the whites I'd definitely be playing my drive short of the bridge and making it a 3-shot hole.  Any other set of tees I'd tee it up for the Driver and set my line of fire down the right edge of that first pond.  Anything right of the three trees on the top right of that pond will play fine and probably playing somewhere between a 6 and 8 Iron into the green. Nice hole (Yet another one of those statements that is not weird ONLY on the golf course).

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Looks like a great hole. Would play the back tees and just hit my high hook driver. Leaving me 180-190 comfortable 5 iron. Looks like a bail out left of the green. So I could comfortably turn on over either chipping or putting for birdie. Even if I over hooked my driver… it looks like I could lay one up and take my chances with an up and down par 

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Elevation above sea level is 1,680 ft so I will get a little extra distance.   Still might be a bit to much to carry over the trees to go left of the stream so I am going right with a 3 or 4 hybrid.   Probably same club again to the next dogleg.   Green appears to be pretty big and I would be coming in with 9 iron or less so unless the flag is close to an edge probably going to be attacking the pin.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just catching up on this topic - lotta really interesting thoughts in here!

'course my first thoughts include...

• In the immortal words of Z General Dwight D. Eisenhower: “No battle was ever won according to plan"
  • Or according to that deep philosopher Iron Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

hahaha ...

But seriously Sand Valley / Mammoth Dunes are high on my golf course bucket list.

That Swiss course looks great, too - and taking APH's notes about killer rough and tricky carry over the stream, I'm in agreement with playing it as a 3 shotter to the green .. with the first into the dogleg of the first fairway to set up a good second shot to get into position to .. try to 🤞 .. hit the green on the third....

Either that or I'm looking for that St. Bernard carrying the little swing juice keg! 😝😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Lago Vista Golf Course - Lago Vista, TX 78645

My least favorite hole on the course and one that can quickly turn your round from good to bad.  This is very much a placement hole and I would suggest looking at elevations on google earth.

The description from below is correct for the most part, but even some of the fairway will run away.

Just for the fun of all of this.... Your drive is in to the wind and it's summer. (Fairways are hard ground and run)

LagoVistaGolfCourseHole15.png.ca946416d6902e511eb9309be156bdf0.png

LagoVistaGC15.png.14486c220aba298e87893a5eee37a94e.pngLagoVistaGC_15.jpg.b1b6e998f551b5d4df48e523e887e0ca.jpg

This is the Gold and Blue Tee box location just to the left.

20231024_085743.jpg.9e75defd7b02d74666e9e68d6ca82bae.jpg20231104_104444.jpg.e37bea0ecd4fba3e5e40264956925827.jpg

20231104_104438.jpg.2101bc1bccde2cc17a9defbf835ecf6b.jpg

Edited by jdparker
Added photo

2 hours ago, jdparker said:

My least favorite hole on the course and one that can quickly turn your round from good to bad.  This is very much a placement hole and I would suggest looking at elevations on google earth.

The description from below is correct for the most part, but even some of the fairway will run away.

Just for the fun of all of this.... Your drive is in to the wind and it's summer. (Fairways are hard ground and run)

Not exactly sure where the tee boxes are,  but hitting to the 200 range off the tee seems to put you into the trees that frame the fairway. Tee shots appears to be downhill.  Past those trees the landing area is wide so it seems to be driver all day.  I fade the ball and based on your pictures it looks like it is possible to carry the trees on the left so I am aiming at the intersection of the first and second tree on the left side of the fairway (can see the cart path from where your cart sits.   From there hit it as far as possible and take what's left.  

Key to the hole seems to be how well you hit driver.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not exactly sure where the tee boxes are,  but hitting to the 200 range off the tee seems to put you into the trees that frame the fairway. Tee shots appears to be downhill.  Past those trees the landing area is wide so it seems to be driver all day.  I fade the ball and based on your pictures it looks like it is possible to carry the trees on the left so I am aiming at the intersection of the first and second tree on the left side of the fairway (can see the cart path from where your cart sits.   From there hit it as far as possible and take what's left.  

Key to the hole seems to be how well you hit driver.

I added another photo of tee box locations.  If you can get to the top of the slope between the trees it is relatively flat for the second shot.  More often than not, you end up on the upslope of that hill which also has side to side slope.  The fairway doesn't start until the top of that slope so its thicker grass you are hitting out of.  

I will put my lines up later this afternoon once we get a few replies.

3 hours ago, jdparker said:

LagoVistaGC15.png.14486c220aba298e87893a5eee37a94e.pngLagoVistaGC_15.jpg.b1b6e998f551b5d4df48e523e887e0ca.jpg

20231024_085743.jpg.9e75defd7b02d74666e9e68d6ca82bae.jpg

I’m with chris of driver all day. I’d aim at the right trees and hope to draw to the middle. The trees are 220 out from the gold tees. It’s an intimidating shot if you don’t do your homework before I would imagine 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

28 minutes ago, jdparker said:

I added another photo of tee box locations.  If you can get to the top of the slope between the trees it is relatively flat for the second shot.  More often than not, you end up on the upslope of that hill which also has side to side slope.  The fairway doesn't start until the top of that slope so its thicker grass you are hitting out of.  

I will put my lines up later this afternoon once we get a few replies.

That's about where I was guessing the tee box would be.  Just doesn't seem to be any advantage to doing anything but driver off the tee.   

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

That's about where I was guessing the tee box would be.  Just doesn't seem to be any advantage to doing anything but driver off the tee.   

I agree.  You could land short of the hill in the flat but there is a little dry creek from the cart path right that gets deeper and deeper and the window is super small to land down there.  It's the second shot that plays the most important. 

The actual photo shows some of the terrain and severity of slope to the right the further up the hole you go.  

On 10/27/2023 at 11:01 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Every few days one of the forum staff members will drop a hole for the community to discuss on how they would play the hole. Course management is different for everyone and the previous thread brought out some great discussion on how many would play various holes. There are always a ton of ways to play a hole depending on a golfers ability and more, here you can find various holes and various ideas from different golfers on how to potentially best play that hole. 

To kick off this series lets go to @Jnoble89 neck of the woods and look at the 6th hole at Sand Valley, Wisconsin. -https://sandvalley.com/sand-valley

image.png

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/576025fa22482e70f0278a4d/t/5cafb38ce4966b8002e86f9a/1555018646008/Sand+Valley+Course+Guide.pdf

Feel free to explore options for various pin locations! 

If I’d have played this course before, I’d go 4 iron, then 6 iron in. If it was my first go, I’d contemplate driver but ultimately pick 3 wood, and take whatever wedge in from that lie

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

On 10/28/2023 at 10:43 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

I would honestly take a driver off the tee and go left of the trees near the stream. Too far of an approach in for me to go the other route, gives more space in my eyes

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

On 11/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, jdparker said:

20231024_085743.jpg.9e75defd7b02d74666e9e68d6ca82bae.jpg20231104_104444.jpg.e37bea0ecd4fba3e5e40264956925827.jpg

20231104_104438.jpg.2101bc1bccde2cc17a9defbf835ecf6b.jpg

I'm doing to take driver and just work to advance the ball as far up as possible. Provided I find fairway my next is going to be a 5 or 6 iron. Then for my approach shot im taking an extra club to the green. 

All of this I think is easier said than done.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm doing to take driver and just work to advance the ball as far up as possible. Provided I find fairway my next is going to be a 5 or 6 iron. Then for my approach shot im taking an extra club to the green. 

All of this I think is easier said than done.

Yes sir!  The entire fairway slopes to the right.  If you are right of center fairway the chance of it rolling off is high and I have seen the ball end up further from the hole than the previous shot.

For your second shot, you can't be too far left either, because the big oak tree at the top of the hill can be in the way of your shot into the green.

Me personally, I hit driver and if the wind is even slightly into you, you end up on the upslope of the hill.  Then I hit 6 or 7 iron to a wedge into the green.  Being a lefty, the ball is generally above my feet and I have pulled it too many times to count on both the second and third shots.  

If you are short right on your third be prepared to have a shot by the top down arrow in the photo below.  

LagoVistaGC_15.1.jpg.5bcf4687489a33129021e989945d9d5e.jpg

wow, this is an interesting thread.

I have found, in the past 8 years of competitive golf at many many courses, that unique holes like the ones posted here are few and far between. 

Most of the holes I can say "oh, this looks like number 7 at Medicine Hat, or hey this shapes like number 12 at Red Deer"

On this hole my mind goes directly to, "if I was a member at this course I would play it this way" or "if it was a provincial or national championship I would play it this way" 

For the hole from Texas I believe I would definitely hit driver off the tee as driver is my favourite club in my bag, I would try and hit a soft draw for my second shot to as close to the putting surface as possible as "shot link" proves that the closer I get to the green the better chance I have at birdie. 

Having said all that, it looks like a very difficult hole. 

Par is my friend on this hole, in competition par could be 1/2 shot on the field.

committed to performance excellence

27 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

wow, this is an interesting thread.

I have found, in the past 8 years of competitive golf at many many courses, that unique holes like the ones posted here are few and far between. 

Most of the holes I can say "oh, this looks like number 7 at Medicine Hat, or hey this shapes like number 12 at Red Deer"

On this hole my mind goes directly to, "if I was a member at this course I would play it this way" or "if it was a provincial or national championship I would play it this way" 

For the hole from Texas I believe I would definitely hit driver off the tee as driver is my favourite club in my bag, I would try and hit a soft draw for my second shot to as close to the putting surface as possible as "shot link" proves that the closer I get to the green the better chance I have at birdie. 

Having said all that, it looks like a very difficult hole. 

Par is my friend on this hole, in competition par could be 1/2 shot on the field.

I'll post some more photos of this one this afternoon.  I'll get some from a few locations so everyone can see the elevations. 

We have a course close that I have played several times (Westridge in La Habra). It's cut from the side of the hill, this reminds me of the first and second holes there, an errand drive can get ugly real quick and you could be playing from the other fairway 50' below, if you're lucky!

I would go driver at the small sight of cart path past the trees, my second shot would depend on the end result. The plan would be a 5 or 6 iron to get it up close for a well placed wedge to the green. I'm one of the sick guys that loves these type of holes, it's all about the challenge!

Driver - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                                 

3 wood - Cobra LTD MAX Helium 5F3 R Flex                                                                                                                                              

Hybrid - Cleveland 2 Halo Launcher 16deg &  Callaway Big Bertha Diadlo 21deg                                                                                                                  

Irons - Callaway Apex 19 (5 - PW)                                                                                                                               

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 50, Jaws 56 & 60                                                                             

Putter - Odyssey WhiteHot OG Mallet                                                                                                                   

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Wrap (Jumbo), Super Stroke Tour 2.0                                                                                 

Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

https://therisegolf.ca/hole-4/

It is short par 4 time!

image.png

You will see me post a few holes from the course as it is easily a top 5 course for me. I have only played this hole twice and managed a par both times. The first time I got lucky and drove the green with a 2 iron and the scond time managed to get a par from the short right bunker. 

The tall tree on the left grabs your attention a seems like the line if you have never played it. However is better to be right of the tree. Anything left going to the green feeds away from you and anything right is flirting with danger. 

How would you play this hole? For conditions it is summer mid 80s, pretty hard so decent roll out and with the trees there is little to no wind effecting the flight. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

From either the tees at 415 or 384, I would be hitting driver with a slight fade which would leave me to the right of the second bunker, then either a 4 wood or 22 degree hybrid with a slight fade to come in through the opening in front, either putting me on the  green or leaving a short chip to get up and down for par.  Of course, if I was 40 or so again, then my answer would be vastly different!  LOL

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://therisegolf.ca/hole-4/

It is short par 4 time!

image.png

You will see me post a few holes from the course as it is easily a top 5 course for me. I have only played this hole twice and managed a par both times. The first time I got lucky and drove the green with a 2 iron and the scond time managed to get a par from the short right bunker. 

The tall tree on the left grabs your attention a seems like the line if you have never played it. However is better to be right of the tree. Anything left going to the green feeds away from you and anything right is flirting with danger. 

How would you play this hole? For conditions it is summer mid 80s, pretty hard so decent roll out and with the trees there is little to no wind effecting the flight. 

I'm playing 2 DI down the right side with slight fade to help with the sloping issues.  If it doesn't roll on the green then I'm ok with either bunker or chip on.