Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Course Management - How Would You Play This Hole?

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

In the interest of keeping things a bit easier for members to follow along please quote the hole you are references when responding so we know which hole is being discussed.

It should help keep things a bit more organized as we have new members enter the discussion and more holes being highlighted for discussion!

I like this! For me, probably looking at the yellow, 415 yard tees. 2i off the tee aiming at the mound on the right side. If it is hit perfect, then I’m sitting on the mound at 150 yards in, if I catch it a little fat, then it is safe and I am hitting a longer iron in. Second shot would be a 8-9 iron depending on 150-160 yard distance and wind. Probably 3 putt after I’m there for a bogie.

Dr. Walter Young IV, PT, DPT

Peach tee

Driver to around 233 yards out

Feeling frisky 3-wood to the edge of the green

Feeling cautious 7 iron to the 80 yard mark then pitching wedge into the green

Aim to land below the pin to putt up hill for a safe par or one over (taking into account that I probably have one to play with from my handicap).

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

High likelihood I'm playing the orange tees. As much as I'd be tempted to pull driver here, the landing zone looks tight from the tee, so I'm grabbing the 3 wood and taking what the course gives me. Depending on the bounce, I'm looking at a 7 or 8 into the green. Pin placement looks to be middle, just short of that back tier so I'm want to stay short of the hole no matter what...

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

I'm probably playing from 384 or 415. In either event I'm going to try to hit driver up the right side to possibly have a some type of wedge in my hand. I've played this hole, and I don't remember the lips of the waste bunkers being sever. If I hit a poor drive or a solid drive left and end up in that waste bunker, so be it. I like my chances of hitting the green from there vs 30+ yds back in the fairway.

Edited by "Mr. 72"
Typo

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

Leave the 9 degree Maverik in the car and get out the TaylorMade BRNR mini driver,  go LHS fairway and with the  fade hope to stay on the cut stuff.

then its aim to the left of the green but club up as there is plenty of room behind  (so it's all fairway if I chunk it short) and drift it to the centre, with 2 putts and onto the next

Callaway Maverik 9 (@ 10 ) Driver or TaylorMade BRNR at 11.5

Callaway GBB epic  3W, 5W

Callaway DCB 4-AW (+1" and 2 up)

Titleist Vokey SM8 50-08, 58-08

Odyssey Stroke Lab double wide

Tailormade TP5x, or Prov1's

Love this thread! I pulled up this shot on the Shot Pattern app and was a bit surprised at what I found. Below is a picture of my dispersion along with the averaged strokes gained across all of the tee shots I've recorded in my profile. I'm a bomber, but can't hit it straight. Even though hitting driver brings the bunker into play for me, it's still easily the best choice. The fairway is still 55 yards wide at 300 yards, which is a huge factor here.

Across all shots, I'll average 0.2 strokes gained. If I lay up short of the bunker, the absolute BEST I can do is 0.21 strokes gained (and that's if the ball is hit precisely to the edge of the bunker leaving an approach of less than 182 yards.

Screenshot-2023-11-06-at-6.09.30AM.jpeg

Depending on what tee I'm playing, and it's tough cause I can't really see what the terrain is doing, and the wind I would play the right side of the tee, aiming over the 209 mark, if I fade it or pull it I'm ok.  The right side seems to set up a better approach and it wouldn't matter where the pin is, as much, you'd be able to go for the middle with little trouble in the way.  It looks like it's better to be long than short on the green so play longer than I think to take trouble out, unless it slopes severely on the back and right side.  I'd hate to be short and in that bunker, especially if the flag is short sided there, definitely play for the middle.

From the tips, I'd play toward the first dotted line favoring the right side with a five or three wood leaving a mid iron in. On the approach, I'd aim left side of green playing a fade if pin is cut center or right or straight if pin is left. Neat looking hole, surely giving you many choices as to what to do.

Kevin WP

On 10/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Every few days one of the forum staff members will drop a hole for the community to discuss on how they would play the hole. Course management is different for everyone and the previous thread brought out some great discussion on how many would play various holes. There are always a ton of ways to play a hole depending on a golfers ability and more, here you can find various holes and various ideas from different golfers on how to potentially best play that hole. 

To kick off this series lets go to @Jnoble89 neck of the woods and look at the 6th hole at Sand Valley, Wisconsin. -https://sandvalley.com/sand-valley

image.png

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/576025fa22482e70f0278a4d/t/5cafb38ce4966b8002e86f9a/1555018646008/Sand+Valley+Course+Guide.pdf

Feel free to explore options for various pin locations! 

Probably depends on the wind but assuming I'm playing the tips, I'd put either a 3 wood out to the right side of the fairway leaving a 7ish in or poke a driver over the bunkers with wedge in. Very conservative shot would be 3 iron to the right side of the fairway and 4/5 iron into the green.

This course looks amazing BTW!

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Tour 65 Stiff Shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

image.png

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://therisegolf.ca/hole-4/

It is short par 4 time!

image.png

You will see me post a few holes from the course as it is easily a top 5 course for me. I have only played this hole twice and managed a par both times. The first time I got lucky and drove the green with a 2 iron and the scond time managed to get a par from the short right bunker. 

The tall tree on the left grabs your attention a seems like the line if you have never played it. However is better to be right of the tree. Anything left going to the green feeds away from you and anything right is flirting with danger. 

How would you play this hole? For conditions it is summer mid 80s, pretty hard so decent roll out and with the trees there is little to no wind effecting the flight. 

Playing from the regular tees, would tee off with driving iron lining up just left of center of the fairway, that should be about 200 but might rollout. Hopefully that'd put me just at the end of the fairway leaving 60-70yds left, perfect for the 60°. 

No chance I'd go for the green off the tee, that's a lost ball for me.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

From the orange tees, assuming less than a 10 mph wind in my face I'd probably go with my 3 wood and a draw. That would most likely leave me with about 190-95 and my 4-Hybrid for my second shot. If the wind is > 10mph than its a driver (which usually is a fade) and my hybrid for the second shot.

Roger Beusch

Probably going driver regardless of tee. Carry about 235 so unless its playing crazy firm and fast I would expect it to go about 250. Gives me about 195 in from the tips. This is where pin placement is the big thing. 

Screenshot_20231106_203032_Chrome.jpg.a78aa594cf3b80822ab015a0519aafe3.jpg

I fade the ball so a front right pin would be a no go because right of that pin looks pretty dead. A front left pin my miss would be short in order to give me green to work with or take the right side of the green. Looks like a ridge separates the back portion of the green so an aggressive play there seems warranted because I don't want a difficult long breaking putt.

Edited by tchat07

I would most likely play the "Sand" tees at 415 in. Depending on the width of the fairway and if my playing partner answers the "Now what?" question with " I donno"  I would want to just blast a driver shot straight down the middle. But, you run out of fairway pretty fast with not much rough to stop the ball. First time on this course and an I donno answer I pull out my 2 hybrid for the tee shot and my 4 for the shot into the green if that looks doable.  I cannot tell the landing area other than don't go right so there is a good chance I would go sand wedge for my second shot and pin seek with a 80 yard pitch in. Try for the one put but most likely walk away happy with a bogie. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

I would most likely hit 5 wood off the tee right around 210 220. Then would have 5 or 6 iron left depending on the lie & pin position. Taking the right club to not short side myself.  With a GIR Hopefully have a make able birdie putt. With a missed green depending lie would use either 60 or 56 degree wedge to get up & down

At the age of 77 and with a 20 handicap (am working on getting this down thru PT and instruction, as been a long recovery)  would probably be playing from the 384 or 305 tees all depending on the overall length of those particular tees, based on the USGA 7 iron suggestion (normally play 5400-5900).  For the sake of this exercise with go with the 384 tees.  Would hit my driver and then most likely follow with a six iron to the low side of the green.  If I miss can always cip up close to the pin for hopefully a close putt out for a par, at worse a bogey.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I like that this course is a "caddie experience" course! I'd first ask my caddie what they'd suggest. He / she has watched me for 5 holes and should be able to give me some pretty sage advice. But, I would probably hit my Ping 4 hybrid off the tee (orange this time) to control my natural draw and hit the right side of the fairway, leaving a solid 195 yds to the pin. No sin in being long here (plenty of room) so 5 iron to the green. If I'm right, a birdie. Otherwise, a chip-putt / 2 putt par. On to the next hole!

TaylorMade Rocket Balz Tour 1,3

Ping Hybrid 4

Ping Irons 4-W

Cleveland Wedges 50, 54, 58

TaylorMade Ghost Blade Putter

Playing from the orange, this looks like a good candidate for my 3 wood taking aim at the inside line of the first bunker a butter cut should get me to somewhere between 170-180 in. Which leaves me a full 7 iron.  This hole looks like it’d be fun. the wind conditions could possibly change my answer 

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

Great fun course. I hit driver off the Orange tee, aiming at the left bunker and playing a fade. The approach shot will be a 6, 7, or 8 depending on wind conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

From the black tees.. I am pulling out my 2 hybrid (275-280yards) and aiming towards the right edge of the bunker on the left and playing a butter cut to the middle of the fairway. Should have a smooth 7iron into the green maybe a 8iron if the wind is behind me. Aiming for the middle of green and not pin chasing unless the pin is on that back top shelf. 

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9° w/ Ventus Black TR 60X 

2 Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen5 16° w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

4 Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen5 19.5° w/Tensei Pro White 100TX

Irons: 4-PW PXG 0317 CB w/DG TI X100 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9; 50.10F, 54.10S & 58.08M w/ Nippon Modus Pro Wedge 125 

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Black Jack 35”

Playing it from the 445 tees hitting 3w off the tee to give me about 170 in. Hitting a 7 iron into the green and hopefully putting 

Callaway Apex 21s, Jaws Raw 52, Jaws Full Face 56/60. Callaway Paradym 7/9 Wood. Taylormade stealth plus 2 3W 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

https://therisegolf.ca/hole-4/

It is short par 4 time!

image.png

You will see me post a few holes from the course as it is easily a top 5 course for me. I have only played this hole twice and managed a par both times. The first time I got lucky and drove the green with a 2 iron and the scond time managed to get a par from the short right bunker. 

The tall tree on the left grabs your attention a seems like the line if you have never played it. However is better to be right of the tree. Anything left going to the green feeds away from you and anything right is flirting with danger. 

How would you play this hole? For conditions it is summer mid 80s, pretty hard so decent roll out and with the trees there is little to no wind effecting the flight. 

Hitting a 6i or Driving iron to 200 with wedge in. Looks like 50 yards or less of width between the fescue and hillside for most of the hole. Also totally blind, so trying to find a ball that makes its way into the fescue is going to be difficult going for the green. Hitting something where the weak fade miss stays short of the right side FWY bunker at 200... So more thank likely 6i

Edited by BMart519

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It is short par 4 time!

image.png

I will draw my pictures as always, haha. Looks like it plays at least 40-50 ft downhill. By the way, this golf course looks VERY cool. 

image.png.73361a8feab55db8d48f02f6b6255c2d.png

The view from the tee is intimidating as well....

image.png.8d8d216c5a0778f1b0860a4e168aeaa8.png

But, in reality, I am probably aiming for the 230 yd landing zone here. I really like my hybrid off the tee and i think 50 yds is a good landing zone for me. If I hit it well, it will probably kick down and to the front left short of the bunkers. If I don't quite catch it I might stay right on top on the flat which leaves like an 80 yd wedge shot slightly downhill, which I would love. That's an easy 54* for me. 

image.png.5c8dcf2f9faacf8552d88eb50122efcd.png

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

3 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I will draw my pictures as always, haha. Looks like it plays at least 40-50 ft downhill. By the way, this golf course looks VERY cool. 

But, in reality, I am probably aiming for the 230 yd landing zone here. I really like my hybrid off the tee and i think 50 yds is a good landing zone for me. If I hit it well, it will probably kick down and to the front left short of the bunkers. If I don't quite catch it I might stay right on top on the flat which leaves like an 80 yd wedge shot slightly downhill, which I would love. That's an easy 54* for me. 

This is such a unique and fun course. I don't like a few of the changes they made and in my opinion they ruined the 18th as well as the 11th, however it now starts off with back to back par 5s which is pretty unique as well. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Very fun exercise!  Having played the hole recently (and if you haven’t been up to SV yet, DO IT!), here’s what I did.  Played from the racks and it was roughly 255 to that “261” bunker.  Started a cut hybrid down the left side about 245 after run out, and left myself 208 to a back hole location with a slight headwind.  Our caddie was awesome!  He guided me to play to the front third of the green and the ball would likely run out to the back third without going past the hole and over.  Hit my 180 club and he was dead on - ended up about 25 feet short of the hole.  No go on the tweet, but easy tap in par.

Now go play it for yourselves!

TaylorMade Sim2 w/Ventus Blue 70x, TM M5 3W w/Tour AD, TM GAPR 3 w/Tour AD, Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-P w/Modus Tour 130’s, Vokey Wedges (50, 54, 58), LAB Mezz.1 Putter

I'm probably playing from the Sand tees. A nice 6,000 yard experience. Given my drives are typically in the 250 range, I have to pull out the big stick to get home in 2. I think I've got a nice landing spot beyond the first bunker at 220, though I may be flirting with that middle pot bunker if I hit it well. Tight, challenging hole. Aim to the right side and draw it left into the fairway. 

DR: PXG 0311 Gen 5 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3W: PXG 0211 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3H: Tour Exotics EX221 with HZRDUS Smoke Black Stiff
IRN: 2021 PXG 0211 with MMT Mitsubishi Stiff 
54/58: Cleveland CBX
P: Wilson Infinite Buckingham

black or gold tees, hitting driver all the way.  If I make it over or am on right of the sand traps would be perfect.  If I end up in the bunker it is ok as fairway bunkers aren't usually too hard.

I'd never hit anything less as leaves too long of a second shot.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Okay so not a lot of Decade and Scott Fawcett fans around here.  Check him out.  First hole -  This is easy from all tees I’m sending it.  At the right tee box I’m assuming most of us are driver wedge or 9 iron.  This is the best option even if you are in the sand. This is better than the 7 iron or higher from the fairway you are trying to play as your second shot.  As most of you point out you are  probably missing the fairway anyways so why not miss it with as short of a second shot as possible?  

image.png.498683147a0a2d450d181bb4a455268a.pngTaylor Made M1 Driver

image.png.aaa73d1ac234f4c7d7d31dddbcf12d62.pngSub 70 3 hybrid

image.jpeg.3c2957b9771bca3f24055ecf0fbba52b.jpegPing Crossover 4 iron

image.jpeg.3c2957b9771bca3f24055ecf0fbba52b.jpegi10 Ping Irons

image.png.8fb712202da2af35d3d1f803e309df58.pngVokey Wedges 52, 56, 60

It would depend on the way I was hitting my driver that round.  If I am driving it well I would play an intentional pull and hit to the far left side of the far fairway, if it has been a less skilled driving day I would play a 3 fairway with a draw and hit it near the end of the right hand fairway.  First option would leave me a wedge to the green in attack mode.  The second would leave me a mid iron to the middle of the green.  Option one could give me a makeable  birdie try.  Option two leaves me putting into a 3 foot bucket and an easy par. 

If my score is good I take option 1 most often option two would be to protect my card from extra strokes.  

I attack on the most scorable holes and keep the card safe on the high risk reward holes.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

7 hours ago, vandyland said:

For me, it’s a 4-wood, utility wood (comparable to 3-hybrid in loft and distance) or 4-hybrid (2* weaker and 1” shorter than the UW) off of that tee. It could even be a 5-iron, which I hit at least 195-200 yards, and often even more, off a tee. My decision would be dependent upon wind, elevation and elevation drop on the hole.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 10/27/2023 at 2:01 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Every few days one of the forum staff members will drop a hole for the community to discuss on how they would play the hole. Course management is different for everyone and the previous thread brought out some great discussion on how many would play various holes. There are always a ton of ways to play a hole depending on a golfers ability and more, here you can find various holes and various ideas from different golfers on how to potentially best play that hole. 

To kick off this series lets go to @Jnoble89 neck of the woods and look at the 6th hole at Sand Valley, Wisconsin. -https://sandvalley.com/sand-valley

image.png

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/576025fa22482e70f0278a4d/t/5cafb38ce4966b8002e86f9a/1555018646008/Sand+Valley+Course+Guide.pdf

Feel free to explore options for various pin locations! 

I love to gamble with my driver! But I am probably going 3W or 3H off the tee, then playing in from there, like others. Then 7i most likely into the green, chip on, and putt.

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)