Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Course Management - How Would You Play This Hole?

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

In the interest of keeping things a bit easier for members to follow along please quote the hole you are references when responding so we know which hole is being discussed.

It should help keep things a bit more organized as we have new members enter the discussion and more holes being highlighted for discussion!

Every few days one of the forum staff members will drop a hole for the community to discuss on how they would play the hole. Course management is different for everyone and the previous thread brought out some great discussion on how many would play various holes. There are always a ton of ways to play a hole depending on a golfers ability and more, here you can find various holes and various ideas from different golfers on how to potentially best play that hole. 

To kick off this series lets go to @Jnoble89 neck of the woods and look at the 6th hole at Sand Valley, Wisconsin. -https://sandvalley.com/sand-valley

image.png

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/576025fa22482e70f0278a4d/t/5cafb38ce4966b8002e86f9a/1555018646008/Sand+Valley+Course+Guide.pdf

Feel free to explore options for various pin locations! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Every few days one of the forum staff members will drop a hole for the community to discuss on how they would play the hole. Course management is different for everyone and the previous thread brought out some great discussion on how many would play various holes. There are always a ton of ways to play a hole depending on a golfers ability and more, here you can find various holes and various ideas from different golfers on how to potentially best play that hole. 

To kick off this series lets go to @Jnoble89 neck of the woods and look at the 6th hole at Sand Valley, Wisconsin. -https://sandvalley.com/sand-valley

image.png

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/576025fa22482e70f0278a4d/t/5cafb38ce4966b8002e86f9a/1555018646008/Sand+Valley+Course+Guide.pdf

Hold please, let me ping my FIL who used to caddie here. I love this feature that you guys will do.

From the Orange tees, I likely pull 3i off the tee and aim down the right side (I tend to draw this club and would get plenty of roll with the sloping around 233 yards out). Likely leaves a 5 or 6i to the green. This hole looks super narrow so I can't trust pulling driver. I wish I could pull this up on google earth pro but it hasn't updated with the course.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

At 252 to the second bunker I think I am taking 3 wood. Then 6 or 7 into the green. If wind is in I am taking driver. While 252 is possible to go too far getting caught in the neck of at that first bunker seems like a big trap for me and going long into the second bunker leaves me more options. 

If I make the fairway the second shot is going to be a club that is to the middle or middle back regardless of where the pin is. Again trying to take that front side bunker out of play and opening up the hole. I love this hole as the right side is for sure the safe side, but it also makes the approach shot way more difficult. The further left you can push or place the tee shot the more open and forgiving the approach shot will be. 

Love these simple, yet effective designs. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

From the 384 yard tees, I would probably hit my 19* utility wood or a hybrid, which would still leave me in the neighborhood of 175-180 yards to the middle of the green. If I were hitting the ball REALLY well that day, I might hit my 4-wood, which would narrow my target landing area somewhat, but would leave me more like 145-150 yards.

From the 305-yard tee box, I am virtually certain that I would hit the utility wood or 4-wood, which would leave me a 65-80 yard shot to the middle of the green.

Both of these options would rather easily clear significant waste areas, and leave me in reasonably wide fairway areas, although the 4-wood from the 384-yard tees does bring into play a bit narrower landing area, and that club COULD get me to the right-hand bunker about 40 yards short of the green from the 305-yard tees if the hole were playing downwind, in which case I would hit the utility wood or my 4-hybrid.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Which tees are we playing and where is the wind blowing from? No wind from the tips I hit a 3 wood to the right of the bunkers and a 7 or 8 iron to the hole. All the other tees I can blast a driver over the last bunker on the left and hit a nice easy Gap, SW or LW right at the pin.

Play like a champion today!

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

I was trying to think of a way to get a thread like this going after my previous one about course management.  The discussion about a couple of holes had me interested in the variety of strategy people would suggest.

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Apex X Forged CB (4-6)

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Rickie Fowler MB (7-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif Wedges: 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

photo-203973.jpg.72b2eb1ed527f5bfef6c6f39d952c2f0.jpg Putter: 2015 Queen B 6

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

16 minutes ago, Javs said:

Which tees are we playing and where is the wind blowing from? No wind from the tips I hit a 3 wood to the right of the bunkers and a 7 or 8 iron to the hole. All the other tees I can blast a driver over the last bunker on the left and hit a nice easy Gap, SW or LW right at the pin.

You're playing the tees you think are best for your game or what you normally would be. 

As for wind, I don't know the area so cant say, but lets go with a gentle morning breeze that is hardly felt. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You're playing the tees you think are best for your game or what you normally would be. 

As for wind, I don't know the area so cant say, but lets go with a gentle morning breeze that is hardly felt. 

Sounds good then my answer is the same.

Btw, this course looks amazing.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

From the orange tees, I am pulling 3 wood, hitting a draw and landing it short right of the bunker near the 252 yard mark. Assuming some roll, should have probably around 170s to go, leaving me with a 7 iron into the green. 

and yes, @TSauer, the Sand Valley property is out of this world. Played the short course last year and was so fun. Have not played the full size courses but they are beautiful. Here’s a great video that Gimme Golf Studio did on Sand Valley:

My in-laws have a cabin 10 minutes from here. If anyone comes up to play it next summer, DM me!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

From the Orange Tees, I'm starting with driver and aiming to the right edge of the fairway even with the 252yd measurement of the front of that left fairway bunker. With my baby draw, I should end up middle or middle left in the fairway just at the front of that bunker.
As I'm probably looking at about 195 to the center of the green, I'll take out my trusty 4 Hybrid and aim right center of the green which should bring it over the left edge of the front greenside bunker, likely rolling towards the back left angled portion of the green.
2 putt for par and we head to the 7th.

Alternatively, I'd pull 3 wood starting from the Sand Tees and aim center of the fairway drawing towards the left edge of the fairway bunker and coming to rest in that little bubbled out fairway left of the bunker.
Having around 170 to the center of the green, I'd hit a smooth 5 iron at the very left tip of that front greenside bunker drawing it at the flag. The ball rolls left of the flag but comes back off that back slope the stop left center on the green, about pin high.

Now that I've established how it plays out in my head, let's look at what reality looks like.

Driver from the Sand Tees, ends up around that tree short left of the fairway bunker thanks to my overspinning of the driver.
Hitting a 7 iron out from under the tree and out from the rough, fades right and into the frontside bunker. It's likely a 50yd or so bunker shot.
I take a 54* wedge from the bunker and blast it out, but over the green overcompensating the length of the bunker shot and not wanting to end up still in the bunker.
From back left of the green, I hit a 50* wedge bump and run towards the hole. Likely getting too much role coming down that top tier, but reading it decently so it leaves me an straight up hill putt but from the front edge of the green.
2 putt for a double bogey 6 and we head to the 7th.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

10 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

From the orange tees, I am pulling 3 wood, hitting a draw and landing it short right of the bunker near the 252 yard mark. Assuming some roll, should have probably around 170s to go, leaving me with a 7 iron into the green. 

and yes, @TSauer, the Sand Valley property is out of this world. Played the short course last year and was so fun. Have not played the full size courses but they are beautiful. Here’s a great video that Gimme Golf Studio did on Sand Valley:

My in-laws have a cabin 10 minutes from here. If anyone comes up to play it next summer, DM me!

Okay, my previous comment was an understatement! If I am ever up that way, I'm making it a priority to play there.

Also, that is some top notch footage. I checked out a couple of their other videos and those guys deserve more views! I love that kind of stuff!

1 minute ago, TSauer said:

Okay, my previous comment was an understatement! If I am ever up that way, I'm making it a priority to play there.

Also, that is some top notch footage. I checked out a couple of their other videos and those guys deserve more views! I love that kind of stuff!

@ALo314 is part of the Gimme Golf crew and their content is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

If you ever do come up to play it make sure you reach out, would absolutely love to loop it with you!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

@ALo314 is part of the Gimme Golf crew and their content is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

If you ever do come up to play it make sure you reach out, would absolutely love to loop it with you!

For sure, man!

giphy.gif

I would probably use 3w off the tee for about a 225yd shot.  I think that leaves me just short of the left trap.  Then 5i or 5h depending on what was in the bag currently or maybe a 4h if the pin is back.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm old, I'm playing the Sand tees, or maybe even the Green tees.  I generally hit my driver semi-straight, so I'm aiming over the point of the first bunker, right at the 209 marker.  There's really enough room between the next bunker on the left and the right edge, and the bunkers at Sand Valley don't really "collect" nearby balls like some of the small bunkers in Scotland do.  After that, its a mid-iron, probably aimed near the left edge of the green.  This is a big green, with a grass collection area long, so I'm taking a half-club or even a full club extra.  I got to play here twice a couple years back, it was a blast.  

3 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I wish I could pull this up on google earth pro but it hasn't updated with the course.

I'm looking at Google Earth now, it shows the course.  It even shows what must be the Lido course.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm old, I'm playing the Sand tees, or maybe even the Green tees.  I generally hit my driver semi-straight, so I'm aiming over the point of the first bunker, right at the 209 marker.  There's really enough room between the next bunker on the left and the right edge, and the bunkers at Sand Valley don't really "collect" nearby balls like some of the small bunkers in Scotland do.  After that, its a mid-iron, probably aimed near the left edge of the green.  This is a big green, with a grass collection area long, so I'm taking a half-club or even a full club extra.  I got to play here twice a couple years back, it was a blast.  

I'm looking at Google Earth now, it shows the course.  It even shows what must be the Lido course.

Hmm. I did both online and Google earth pro and both were fields and trees

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I'd probably be playing the Sand tees.  This is a bit long for a par 4, but not ridiculously.  Given my distances the obstacles are right in the danger zone for me.  I'd have to play this as a par 5, but given my handicap that's a good score should I bogey.  I don't hit super confidently with most of my long clubs, but my 4w is a champ.  I'd aim down the right side and hope to get about 200 yards into the fairway.  Assuming I hit it, as it's pretty narrow target, I'd play a mid-iron or maybe a 6i to lay up between 100-70 yards, depending on the pin position.  I'd like to think they'd make it as challenging as possible for me and put it towards the back on the top shelf.  A PW or GW should get me the rest of the distance and I'd hope for some forgiving putts.  Overall goal would be to avoid the bunkers as much as possible as that would be a card wrecker. 

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

2 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

From the Orange Tees, I'm starting with driver and aiming to the right edge of the fairway even with the 252yd measurement of the front of that left fairway bunker. With my baby draw, I should end up middle or middle left in the fairway just at the front of that bunker.
As I'm probably looking at about 195 to the center of the green, I'll take out my trusty 4 Hybrid and aim right center of the green which should bring it over the left edge of the front greenside bunker, likely rolling towards the back left angled portion of the green.

Alternatively, I'd pull 3 wood starting from the Sand Tees and aim center of the fairway drawing towards the left edge of the fairway bunker and coming to rest in that little bubbled out fairway left of the bunker.
Having around 170 to the center of the green, I'd hit a smooth 5 iron at the very left tip of that front greenside bunker drawing it at the flag. The ball rolls left of the flag but comes back off that back slope the stop left center on the green, about pin high.

Now that I've established how it plays out in my head, let's look at what reality looks like.

Driver from the Sand Tees, ends up around that tree short left of the fairway bunker thanks to my overspinning of the driver.
Hitting a 7 iron out from under the tree and out from the rough, fades right and into the frontside bunker. It's likely a 50yd or so bunker shot.
I take a 54* wedge from the bunker and blast it out, but over the green overcompensating the length of the bunker shot and not wanting to end up still in the bunker.
From back left of the green, I hit a 50* wedge bump and run towards the hole. Likely getting too much role coming down that top tier, but reading it decently so it leaves me an straight up hill putt but from the front edge of the green.
2 putt for a double bogey 6 and we head to the 7th.

Yeah, realistically I'm looking at a snowman.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

I’m thinking orange tees would be talking me into a 2 iron U505…if there’s no wind.

If the wind is up and in my face it’s 3 wood and if I have a breeze helping then I am grabbing a 4 iron and teeing it up a little. 

190ish to the center would leave me with a hard 6 or soft 5 iron.  

Great hole.

IMG_0396.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

From the back tees I hit a 5 wood aiming over the neck of the short bunker as if I miss hit with probably go right or left of the neck and the well struck carries easy and should stay short of the second bunker. This should leave about a 6 iron in. Which unless it is on the shorter end of a 6 iron I probably go with a cut 5 iron because long would be the better miss on the second shot. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

I can say in one word how I would play this hole. “POORLY”. Next hole please. 

Oh, you want course management question not reality. Easy, I would hit a driver up the right hand side with a draw. I hit my driver as straight as any full swing club recently. I wouldn’t be playing the tips. Probably the 384 tee box. 

I was hitting the driver terribly for months. I bought the GolfShots app and with the AppleWatch it said the I was 60° steep and 24° out to in. No wonder I was terrible with the driver and all full shots. I was 0-4° in-to-out with the wedges and was great with those. So a few months later, I am 4-14° in-to-out and 15° steep. Added about 35-40 yards also. But most of my driver shots now are high draws to where I want them.  

Even if I went in one of the fairway bunkers, I confident I could get it out and within 50 of the green where my best 2 clubs come into play. 58° and putter. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Playing the Orange tee, I am taking a driver off the tee. I am aiming at the left fairway bunker, with the fade I usually hit off the tee bringing the ball back to the middle or right side of the fairway. Depending on the kick and roll, I’m about an 8 iron out. Assuming the pin is center of the green, that’s where I am aiming. Two putts for par, workmanlike, keep it moving.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Nice topic! I usually play the second-to-last tees before the tips so it would be 445 yds in this case.

Realistically, the hole would likely play out as follows:

1) D or 3W starting directly over the bunker and expecting a 250-260 yds (3W) or 270-280 yds (D) cut to leave me 165-195 yds to go;

2) 8-iron from 165 yds out (40% chance that I miss the green) or 5-iron from 195 yds out (70% chance that I miss the green);

3) Chip with my 60° leaving me 20+ feet or 40+ feet birdie putt left short;

4) 6 feet par putt or 2-putting following my chip for bogey.

On to the next one!

Edited by Shlax
Par 4

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

20 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Satellite imagery was key to making my decision. The hole looks narrow in this picture but measuring distances indicate wide landing areas.   I'm playing this hole as 445 which is definitely a long par 4;   I play at sea level but this course is 1000' above sea level so I expect a little extra distance over normal carry.    normal ball flight is a slight fade with driver so target line is the bunker at 252 yards out.   Leaves 150ish to 170ish out; based on green size from that distance it is target middle of the green.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Interesting reading through here. 

@Javsman that 2nd bunker from the tips is 300+ to carry! I am calling Wheaties Monday and having all shipments to your state suspended until the rest of us can catch up 😁

Playing Black or Orange tees:

If it is a back pin, probably 3w over the end tip of the 1st bunker leaving a long 2nd shot I can run up to the back.

Middle or front pin, Driver aimed down the right side of the 2nd bunker. Mid- long iron to carry the front 1/3rd or middle of the green so it rolls up or comes back off the slope at the back.

Looks like a fun hole. Wind and weather would definitely be considerations with all the potential trouble here.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

3 minutes ago, Subdiver1 said:

Interesting reading through here. 

@Javsman that 2nd bunker from the tips is 300+ to carry! I am calling Wheaties Monday and having all shipments to your state suspended until the rest of us can catch up 😁

Playing Black or Orange tees:

If it is a back pin, probably 3w over the end tip of the 1st bunker leaving a long 2nd shot I can run up to the back.

Middle or front pin, Driver aimed down the right side of the 2nd bunker. Mid- long iron to carry the front 1/3rd or middle of the green so it rolls up or comes back off the slope at the back.

Looks like a fun hole. Wind and weather would definitely be considerations with all the potential trouble here.

Haha! Wind and weather would surely make my decision. From the tips I said I would hit 3 wood to the right side of the fairway. All the other tees on a nice sunny day I blast it over that bunker or play a nice fairway bunker shot!

@bens197 @cnosil @Javs Javs may blow it by us on the regular, but playing with him on this hole we press that 3W with 3 Drivers smooth down the right side of that 2nd bunker making him feel like he has to keep up. He chunks his driver catching the end of the 2nd bunker not quite carrying 300 ending up in a fried egg lie and we are all over him with fairway shots into the green 🤣 🤣🤣

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2