Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

18 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

One of my main issues with the Mevo isn't in the unit itself but in the charging cord. I realized the unit is small, but I wish the charger was a bit longer. I'm leery of just going to Walmart or ordering one off Amazon since it's recommended to use a Raspberry Pi compatible charger in order not to damage the circuit board. 

The other day I charged the Mevo in the bathroom and set it up on a roll of toilet paper to reach the outlet. Most of my outlets are either inconvenient due to animals and I don't have a lot in the kitchen that aren't being used. 

I decided to go on to the FlightScope website and bought a portable charger and it arrived today. 

1000006406-01.jpeg.5f0381dc2e735133e5c7140fa03c777f.jpeg

It is made by Anker and it's a brand I trust. I have a set of headphones and ear buds from them and they're good quality and a great price. 

The charger came in well packaged and protected from any damage that could be caused in shipping. I opened the box and it came in with two cables 1 USB-C to USB-C and 1 USB to USB-C. I would say I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't come in with the Mevo specific charger, but since I already have one, it's not a big deal. Plus, it came with a pouch to store it in when not in use. 

1000006407-01.jpeg.bb8aafe7ebb5dd27b5932cab06a77adf.jpeg

I have it plugged up right now getting a charge so I can use it to charge the Mevo. 

Great info!  I have had a mevo for a couple years and never knew that.  I use a short extension cord to get past the short charger cord.  I assume the mevo+ has the same charger concern?

For the mevo+ testers i am interested in what is involved with setting up the computer interface. 

I do some work for someone with a mevo+ and they told me they could never get it to work with their computer.  If i can help him out i may get mevo+ data access for future testing!!  😀

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

18 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I used the mevo primarily at the range and yes, numbers will vary from mat to turf. Typically get a higher flight off a mat. A mat will also have a little forgiveness on fat shots. 

Thanks.  How big of a variance is it? Is there a setting on any of the units that compensate for that?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks.  How big of a variance is it? Is there a setting on any of the units that compensate for that?

I'll look at my data and will also test it again with the Mevo+.

There isn't any setting to change that as it's just utilizing the radar tech. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Another question.  For those able to hit off the ground vs a mat, have you noticed a difference in the numbers or path reading?  Has anyone tried it at a range that has both available?

I am strictly off a mat right now. As we get warmer here I’ll be using it at the range here and there and will check it out.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I am strictly off a mat right now. As we get warmer here I’ll be using it at the range here and there and will check it out.

I'm in a similar boat. I have access to a year-round outdoor range but it's also mats. Headed down to Florida next weekend to visit the in-laws so hoping to test on the course/grass range as well

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

Alright looks like Mevo+ should be here Wednesday. Hoping for the emails sometime by then and I’m set. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Quick thoughts on my testing plans are up on page 1.  Fire away with anything specific you want to see tested. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Alright looks like Mevo+ should be here Wednesday. Hoping for the emails sometime by then and I’m set. 

Everyone thought the photo of me staring out the door was good..... wait until this one with the Mevo+ showing up. Haha. 

11 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Another question.  For those able to hit off the ground vs a mat, have you noticed a difference in the numbers or path reading?  Has anyone tried it at a range that has both available?

I've hit most of my shots off of mats, but did get a few off grass one day and I'll echo what @Josh Parkersaid in saying looking at the shots with comparable clubs, I've seen higher launch off mats. 

Unfortunately, the range closest to my house is mats only until spring so I can't do a comparison between the two on the same day. 

18 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Everyone thought the photo of me staring out the door was good..... wait until this one with the Mevo+ showing up. Haha. 

Can't be worse than me waiting on the DB....lol

...or can it?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

10 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Can't be worse than me waiting on the DB....lol

...or can it?

Haha. Just wait until tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Haha. Just wait until tomorrow...

Video or it didn't happen!

Well, the waiting will have to continue as UPS has dropped the ball and I just got off the phone with them.  It appears that the Mevo+ will now be delivered Tuesday.  

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Well, the waiting will have to continue as UPS has dropped the ball and I just got off the phone with them.  It appears that the Mevo+ will now be delivered Tuesday.  

That’s when mine is expected to be delivered but unlike you I can’t wait outside as it’s like 8* out there lol

31 minutes ago, Luisddavila said:

First Impression posted

Click Here

More to come!!!

After you download the app, do you have  to be connected to the internet to use it? Or only connected to the app thru BT/wifi direct?

I only ask because if I consider one of these in the future, if  I could possibly pickup and use an older ios device, void of service other than updates. 

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

After you download the app, do you have  to be connected to the internet to use it? Or only connected to the app thru BT/wifi direct?

I only ask because if I consider one of these in the future, if  I could possibly pickup and use an older ios device, void of service other than updates. 

With the regular mevo you only need Bluetooth to connect to the app. No service needed. I believe for the plus it will be needed to play sim rounds. 

After that it uses WIFI/BT technology, I am not sure which one for sure but it connects automatically, but if you X out the app it will disconnect but as soon as you open it it connects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

That’s when mine is expected to be delivered but unlike you I can’t wait outside as it’s like 8* out there lol

I will not be waiting outside on Tuesday.  While it won't be 8*,  it will be in the teens with wet and windy conditions. 

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Lol I saw the preview for this in recent content and it just said The has landed and was about to come call you out for the funny miss... but you have an emoji there.

I don’t miss! Unless it’s spelling….i even had to edit to correct spelling from rolling….how that auto corrects to rolling I don’t know

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Got my video and initial run and will have something up tomorrow but for now 🤤

IMG_3284.jpeg

IMG_3269.png

Love seeing actual flight path! Can't wait for mine to show up. 

7 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Love seeing actual flight path! Can't wait for mine to show up. 

I agree. Can’t wait to get mine as well.  Gonna compare to the full swing simulator for league as I always think it over exaggerates the right to left flight I get with driver. 

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I agree. Can’t wait to get mine as well.  Gonna compare to the full swing simulator for league as I always think it over exaggerates the right to left flight I get with driver. 

I'll be interested to see those results. Before this test Full Swing was one I was doing a lot of research on. 

11 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I'll be interested to see those results. Before this test Full Swing was one I was doing a lot of research on. 

It seems fairly accurate for distances for the most part but my draw is more like a hook on it. 

56 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Got my video and initial run and will have something up tomorrow but for now 🤤

IMG_3284.jpeg

IMG_3269.png

Heck yes man!!!! Love this!!!!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review