Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Argolf Putter and Wedge Reviews

Argolf Mordred LT Putter Member Testing Review - BOS edition

We’re back for another BOS edition review!  This time I was fortunate to be able to put the Argolf Mordred LT putter through its paces to see if the performance lives up to the all black 

For those of you who don’t know me; Hi!  I’m Bryan, or as I’m better known around these parts, GolfSpy BOS.  I’m a 36 year old single digit handicap with hopes and dreams of getting to scratch and about 1/18th the time required to put in the practice to do so.  When I’m not golfing or dreaming of golfing I can most likely be found on some youth sports field or carting one of my three wonderful children around to some activity.  Thankfully, my oldest has already taken to the sport and my other two have shown interest as well!  So, It seems I will have some built in golf-buddies for life.  But enough about me, onto the review!

IMG_8670.jpeg

First, thank you to Argolf for allowing me the opportunity to join in on this review.  I am excited to take the Mordred LT putter and put it toe-to-toe against the Evnroll ER2B currently in the bag.  

First Impressions - 18/20

“The Mordred putter was recognized as one of the best putters at the 2019 PGA Show. Rooted in the heart of Brittany, France, we meticulously craft our putters.”  Each putter in the Argolf line is named after a legend of King Arthur.  Don’t let that fool you into thinking this putter is some relic of ancient history though, founder Olivier Colas found a great deal of inspiration from the sleek lines and performance characteristics of modern Formula 1 race cars, which can be seen with the crisp and clean lines and sweeping nature of the curves in the Mordred LT.

The Mordred LT is said to boast “an impressively low center of gravity,” the lowest of all Broceliande Collection in Argolf’s putter line.  It also “achieves one of the highest MOIs available.”  While I cannot directly measure those things here at home, we will certainly put the claims to the test as best we can!

IMG_8799.jpeg

My Mordred LT putter made the journey from France, to New Jersey, to Bellingham in an impressively short 16 hours.  Yes, faster than most “2-day shipping” that most of us are now used to!  The packaging is your standard brown box which aptly handled the transatlantic journey with ease.

Removing the putter from the plastic wrap and bag revealed a striking, but not totally unfamiliar  shape for this mallet putter.  It was not as big as I thought it may be, fitting in nicely with most winged-mallet profiles.  The single bend shaft provides just a touch of toe hang.

The only issue I found with fit and finish was a small mark on the shaft.  It does not affect the performance, and cannot be seen while putting, but I did want to note that it did slip by QC.

IMG_9304.jpeg IMG_9305.jpeg

Aesthetics, Sound, and Feel - 17/20

The Mordred LT putter has a great black on black look that would be enhanced with the optional black shaft offering to really go all out on the murdered out look.  The only putter is finished in a nice and clean black finish that has some pearlescence to it in the bright sun.  The sole paintfill on the putter is the stark white alignment line on the top of the putter.  Those who enjoy a clean and simple putter will like this a lot.

IMG_8798.jpeg

Getting onto the shape, it is not generally what I end up fitting into, as I tend to prefer blade style putters, but I always enjoy the look of fang style putters and have always been drawn to them on the shop floor.  This one looks good to me.  It is thicker towards the face and has a sort of crescent shaped line before the putter starts to curve down and thin out in the back.  It’s very well done and looks great in full lit conditions where the crisp milling can best be noticed.  It really does feel like I’m looking down at some F-1 style wing at times when rolling putts with the Mordred LT.

What has surprised me the most is the white alignment aid on the topline of the putter.  Typically this is something that I would avoid, having been used to lines on blade flanges versus the top.  But as I used the putter more I started to appreciate it more, with and without using a line on my ball for aim.  What I really like is that it gives me a point to focus on for impact, and the Mordred LT’s mark is cut like a V which gives it the impression of coming to a point which only enhances the visual for me.

IMG_9378.jpeg

My only knock on this putter for this category is that it feels a touch firmer than I’d prefer, but I am used to the Evnroll, which feels softer than most on center due to the sweetface technology and the way the ER2B works.  For most, I’m certain that the feel of this putter would rate very well.  It is solid with a nice “tock” at impact.  

The Numbers - 20/20

When it comes to numbers for this putter I didn’t have any GC Quad, Trackman, or Quintec data to share, but I ran the putter through a “Gauntlet” drill versus my ER2B.  I set balls up at 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-feet using my putting mat and rolled 2 balls from each distance.  I kept track of how many perfect putts I got and gave those bonus points.

IMG_8830.jpeg

Over the course of two days I ran this drill 10 times each and the results were:

Mordred LT - Total Score 187 with 23 perfect putts

ER2B - Total Score 187 with 23 perfect putts.

That’s not a misprint, I scored exactly the same with both putters.  If we take a look into the round breakdowns each had a low round score of 14, which basically meant no perfect putts, but all putts holed.  There’s really nothing in the individual round variance to pull from Either.  The Mordred LT more than held its own against my fitted gamer that I’ve been putting with since 2020, not a small accomplishment at all!

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 8.38.18 AM.png

On The Course/At the Practice Facility - 17/20

All of my work with the Mordred LT has been at home, on the practice mat and on the carpet in the living room.  This has allowed me to practice short and long putts and depending on who vacuumed last, some breaking ones too.  

Much of what I saw in the gauntlet drill translated to the carpet without its alignment aids and much more in line with “real” putting.  The putter rolled smooth and has a familiar milled feel that I prefer.  I noticed a slight right-side bias in my misses, which tends to be the case for me with mallet putters like the Mordred LT.  I was consistently able to square the face as evidenced by the end-over-end role of the line on my ball.  That’s generally how I can tell if a putter is a good fit for me.

IMG_8947.jpeg

If I get onto a practice green before passing this along I’ll update this section but wouldn’t expect any changes from my comments.  It certainly seems like this would be a strong performer!

The Good, The Bad, The In Between - 15/20

The Argolf Mordred LT is a superb putter with an interesting and unique take on the fanged design.  It appears to live up to the hype of being very forgiving and provides a great roll.

The Mordred LT does come in a few different finish options and I would love to see Argolf add a few more alignment aid styles as well, or perhaps a custom program we now see with a lot of OEMs.  

IMG_8819.jpeg

The black finish is great.  It is consistent all the way around and has shown no signs of wear.  I actually wish they added some paintfill on the engraved bits on the bottom.  Something in glossy black would keep the blacked-out theme while adding a touch of visual interest on the sole.

Lastly, I ordered this with the mid-size pistol grip.  It’s a standard style grip, but I would probably go for something different if I was keeping this one for myself.

Oh, and the back can be used to scoop up the ball!  Bonus!

IMG_8820.jpeg

Overall Total 87/100

The Argolf Mordred LT Putter is a great milled mallet putter featuring unique, F1 inspired shaping along with a solid but soft feel from the milled grooves in the face of the all blacked out putter.  I can see this being a hit with mallet players who like the Fang or winged look, and even spider style users too.  If you ever have the chance, it may just be worth rolling one for yourself.

IMG_8666.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Argolf Pendragon XL Broomstick Putter – Official MGS Forum Review by Ben Joest

Introduction

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back…

My name is Ben. I have 3 children and a wonderful wife that has tolerated my obsession for the past 14 years and counting. I reside in the Southwestern Ohio region, in a sleepy little hamlet called South Lebanon, not too terribly far from the Little Miami river, a national scenic river, or so the sign tells me, each time I drive past it. I have been golfing for the better part of the last 33 years. I finished last season as a 1.4 H.I., although I still haven’t reconciled my mind to that and feel my game can’t possibly live up to the billing. I would like to get to scratch, but 2 things need to happen for that to be a possibility; 1) More consistency off the tee and 2) I need to lower my average putts per round from the current 31.4 to 29. If I can average sub 30 putts per, I stand a pretty good chance of breaking par on any given day. Enter the opportunity to test out a broom style putter from Argolf. Having never tried one before, I am interested to see how I will get along with it. I have gamed blades, wide blades, mid mallets, and full mallets all at 34” length. But never a broom, so this should be fun.

IMG_2776.jpeg

First Impressions (18 out of 20)

The Argolf website was easy to navigate, when we were picking out the available options for the build.

IMG_2757.jpeg

Of my available options I chose, a red paint fill for the aim line, a blue head cover, and after a bit of googling (to figure out what the appropriate length would be for my height) a length of 46”. For reference, I am 6’ tall.

IMG_2414.jpeg

Everything was going smoothly, until the other putters and wedges began showing up and there was no sign of mine. I am taking away 2 points because there was an error in the shipping info that caused it take an additional 42 days to arrive. That said, once it did arrive, I was impressed with the quality of the build. It really is a striking club. As well as the swag that came along with it; the Argolf hat I am seen wearing in the photo above and a personalized MGS ball marker. Top-notch stuff.

Aesthetics (20 out of 20)

The shape of the Pendragon is generally pleasing, it has a softness to the edges that is warm and soothing. It’s antithesis in my stable of putters would be the LAB Mezz1.Max, that is all sharp edges and the hard reality of geometry. Upon looking down at the Pendragon, there is an aerodynamic shaping that implies the putter will cut through the air like a hot knife through butter. Where as the LAB could be confused for a war hammer, if you aren’t looking too closely. Argolf has done a good job of taking a subtle path in regard to graphics and badging. The Argolf logo is laser etched into the heel of the putter face and filled with red.

IMG_2762.jpeg

The pendragon name is etched into the sole of the club and left unfilled to give it a cool monochromatic look, that I really like. As a personal aside, I subscribe to the minimalist school of thought when it comes to product graphics and logos. As evidenced by my eternal love of blade irons, but that is a story for a different thread.

IMG_2763.jpeg

Not having a ton of relevant experience with broomstick putters for comparison sake, I rolled a few putts at Golf Galaxy with a LAB Mezz1.Max broom and found the experience to be very similar to the Pendragon. The head itself has a heft to it and weighs 500 grams. While that is considerably heavier than my gamer, with the 46” shaft the weight of the Pendragon feels balanced. The head of the putter has been milled from a solid block of aeronautical-grade 7175 aluminum and contains milled horizontal lines in the center of the face, much in the same manner as an Evnroll, and seems to help with starting putts on their intended line.

IMG_2764.jpeg

The shaft is straight from the grip to 18” from the head, where it begins to taper down to 3/8” in diameter.

IMG_2765.jpeg

The Winn Excel grip used by Argolf is split into 2 sections, to accommodate the separate hand positions necessary to successfully execute the broomstick style putting stroke.

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2767.jpeg

The Numbers (10 out of 20)

Once the club was in hand, I slipped it into my nightly putting competition. I have a perfect practice putting mat.

IMG_2768.jpeg

Every evening I pit the putters I have against one another in a simple competition that is set up as follows:

·       Roll 1 putt at the 4’,6’, & 8’ distances towards the large and small cups.

·       Roll 1 putt at the 5’, 7’, & 9’ distances towards the large and small cups.

·       Run through the ladder, which starting on the small hole side, is 1 putt from each distance 3’ to          9’ and then back down from 9’ to 3’ towards the large hole.

Each miss is a point, so the lower the score, the better the result.

The 3 putters used were the Argolf Pendragon XL Broom, a Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide and a LAB Mezz1.Max. I recorded the results for one month:

image.png

The final tally

Odyssey – 17 wins, 7 ties

LAB – 4 wins, 7 ties

Argolf – 0 wins, ties

The broom had a couple decent rounds, but one of the other putters always seemed to do a little better. I can and do readily admit that this is an archer, not the arrow scenario. At no time during the month I was testing this putter, did I ever feel fully at ease with the broom. I was constantly in search of the best position for my left arm and how to grip the lower shaft with my right hand. I ultimately settled on elbow pointed at the target and cigar grip with my right hand, but these 2 methods ran contrary to 30 years of habit, so it was unlikely I was going to break old comfortable habits during such a short period. During this period, my most consistent issue beyond grip/position was speed control. A significant number of the misses were too short/too far.

I did get the broom out to my local practice green, although the results were similar to what I was seeing on the mat, one bright spot, was that the putts left the face smoothly and with very few hops, skips, or jumps. Those putts where I had the speed right were going in, so I know putts can be made with the broom, I’m just not consistent nor patient enough to do it.

I opted not to take the broom with me during the one actual round I played during this testing window. For the following reasons; 1) the weather wasn’t great. 2) The plan has always been to move this putter on, to a tester that might be it’s forever home and I just didn’t want to take the risk of damage. 3) Putting for any golfer relies on a fragile confidence, and I had legitimate fears I might have 40 putts in a round and didn’t want the emotional or psychological damage that could occur.

The Good, the bad, the in-between (20 out of 20)

The Good: The MGS Logo on the face is slick and gives the putter an air of cool. It is sure to be a conversation piece, when playing a round with folks that do not already know you.

The Bad: Where the hell do I put my left arm? This particular putting stroke may work miracles for some folks, but I could never quite get comfortable with my stroke, which is tantamount to misery on the putting green.

The In-Between: The retail price of $389.99 makes this a steep roll of the dice, for someone considering going to a broomstick style putter. My advice would be to seek one out in your local shop and give it a few rolls, before making such a financial commitment.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20)

I gave the Pendragon a 20 out of 20 in the section because, while it wasn’t the best option for me, it is a quality-built putter and I see the potential in this club for anyone that is willing to commit the time and effort to become a proficient broomstick putter.   

Conclusion

In summation, this is well-built and attractive putter. One that requires a very specific mind and skill set. Admittedly, a broomstick style putter is a niche product that isn’t designed or marketed for mass appeal. Ultimately, I couldn’t quite settle on a comfortable position for my hands while using it, but given enough time and determination I have no doubt someone will absolutely fall in love with this club.

Final Score (88 out of 100)

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Argolf Pendragon XL center shafted broomstick putter – Official MGS Forum Review by Bob Merrill 

Introduction

My review of the Pendragon XL is my second opportunity to be an MGS Forum Review test and remains quite an honor to be so picked! 

By way of background, I will be 68 in May and am a husband, father and grandfather. Upon retiring from a career in corporate banking in 2019, I started playing golf again after a nearly 10-year hiatus as I missed the challenge and comradery, not to mention needing the fresh air and exercise. I had an index of about 16 when I quit playing (don’t recall the decimal), was approximately 30 when I started up again in the Spring of 2019 and ended the 2023 season with an index of 20.7. Aside from playing golf, I am an avid saxophonist and my wife, Marybeth, and I love to travel.

MarybethBobLucerne2022.JPG.c286b780bf8543bdce13339a0411b486.JPG

I would consider myself a casual golfer who is serious about the game and who is trying to get better. I currently play 18 to 27 holes per week and try to practice at the range/practice green at least once. I track my stats using a Shot Scope X5 and develop my practice plan for the following 2-weeks based on what my Shot Scope statistics demonstrate were particular weaknesses.

My overall goals, aside from enjoying the game, are to get my index to approximately 15 and to break 80 and needless to say, putting is an important piece of this puzzle. Currently, I would describe myself as an average to below average putter. Among other things, I three-putt too often (about twice per 18-holes) and have a tendency to pull putts slightly causing left misses. Finally, my distance control is frankly pretty mediocre. Broomstick style putting interests me because (i) it seems that once the technique is locked in, I will be a lot more consistent at starting the ball on my intended line, in particular eliminating pulls, (ii) I anticipate having better distance control and (iii) hopefully the more upright posture will be easier on my back, long term. 

In doing research in preparation for this review, I've learned that there is not a lot of information available regarding the technique associated with broomstick putting beyond watching videos of the growing number of pros using this method, finding a comfortable position, including grip, and starting to stroke putts to find out what works (i.e. trial and error). Hence my first task is to develop a repeatable technique which gets the ball rolling without wobble and stays online. Based on my initial efforts, achieving these goals is not as easy as it may appear. Among my initial observations is that it is critical to keep the hands passive and let the weight of the putter swing for the method to work most effectively.  

This Argolf Pendragon XL putter was initially reviewed by @GolfSpy_BEN (see above) before passing it along to me. All scores will follow in my final review. 

First Impressions (XX of 20 points)

Pendragon2.jpg.2ca0e32d0fce97e76facbeeedebeeac1.jpg

I received the Pendragon XL from @GolfSpy_BEN on April 10th and, needless to say, unboxed it immediately as I was excited to check it out. Initially I was struck by the putter’s overall weight, with a 500-gm head and long steel shaft it is quite heavy, however when in playing position it feels very well balanced. At 46" this putter feels an inch or two long for me (I'm 5'9" tall). My plan is to begin the learning and testing process with it this length, in order to gather data before making a final decision about the best length for me. If I do shorten the putter, I will re-run my initial tests at the new length, documenting any differences appropriately. 

My only real “nit” is with the magnetic headcover. As the putter head is machined from aluminum (non-magnetic), the magnets in the tabs of the headcover require matching steel discs in the headcover for closure purposes. Although the head cover has these, I discovered that they can move around when I tried to put it back on the putter this morning and one of the tabs wouldn’t stick. After fishing around a bit, so I was able to move the disk into place. Like I said a nit. 

Aesthetics (XX of 20 points)

The design and build of the putter are very impressive, and really quite elegant. The red sight line and logo paint set against the black putter head is eye catching and the MGS logo on the face is a nice touch. 

Being a fan of Malory’s “Le Morte ’Arthur” and the Arthurian legend in general, I love that the names chosen by Argolf for its line of various putters reflect this mythology. As legend has it, Uther Pendragon, “King of the Britons”, was Arthur's father. In fact, the word pendragon means “chief dragon” and I’m hoping that reviewing this putter will help me to vanquish some of my putting dragons! 

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Testers Wanted! Argolf Putter and Wedge Reviews

This is an interesting thought concept. Good luck you all and have fun. Will look forward to your write ups.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Just checked out the website. The Mordred looks so good. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Interesting find! Never heard of Argolf, but def want to do some digging now. 

BTW, this is an insane finish - would love to see this in real life!

IMG_4489.png

Edited by CFreddie

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

16 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Interesting find! Never heard of Argolf, but def want to do some digging now. 

BTW, this is an insane finish - would love to see this in real life!

IMG_4489.png

I wonder if it is a finish or if it is actually damascus steel;  site doesn't provide a good answer.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

44 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Just checked out the website. The Mordred looks so good. 

I agree that The Mordred looks very nice.

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I wonder if it is a finish or if it is actually damascus steel;  site doesn't provide a good answer.  

I believe that Jamie talked about these on a recent Community Call and mentioned it was some type of finish applied. If I recall correctly, possibly PVD?

mordred.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It is. I've rolled one in person!

Was going to drop the photo but looks like it was a casualty of my recent photo cleaning.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think once ppl see these photos and the photos the crew have of them, they will want to test a lot more. Here is a little teaser.

And yes I am testing a RH putter, for one I've been toying with the concept and also should make it easier to pass along.

PXL_20240102_150520785.jpg

PXL_20240102_150510006.jpg

PXL_20240102_150500349.MP.jpg

IMG_20240102_155743.jpg

IMG_20240102_155728.jpg

IMG_20240102_155715.jpg

IMG_20240102_155702.jpg

Oh man that looks awesome with the MGS logo in there

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think once ppl see these photos and the photos the crew have of them, they will want to test a lot more. Here is a little teaser.

And yes I am testing a RH putter, for one I've been toying with the concept and also should make it easier to pass along.

PXL_20240102_150520785.jpg

PXL_20240102_150510006.jpg

PXL_20240102_150500349.MP.jpg

IMG_20240102_155743.jpg

IMG_20240102_155728.jpg

IMG_20240102_155715.jpg

IMG_20240102_155702.jpg

Wow Jamie - that looks incredible! 

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

8 hours ago, rkj427 said:

I agree that The Mordred looks very nice.

I believe that Jamie talked about these on a recent Community Call and mentioned it was some type of finish applied. If I recall correctly, possibly PVD?

mordred.jpg

Wow, that is nice looking! Good luck to those applying for this truly unique opportunity! 

And I have to say it, but this makes me think if Bruce Wayne was dropping low key hints on the golf course...

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Unboxing video and first impressions up! 

Sneak peak at the video, in case you don't want to go ALL the way back (ahem, one page) to the beginning to find it 😉

Ok, those wedges are freaking sweet as well! Love the MGS etching!!! 🔥

Any insight into the grind / bounce? Didn’t see much on the website, besides a simple table of specs. 

Edited by CFreddie

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

19 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Unboxing video and first impressions up! 

Sneak peak at the video, in case you don't want to go ALL the way back (ahem, one page) to the beginning to find it 😉

As always, you're a goof. But that's what makes it fun. 🙂

Those do look really sharp, and that laser MGS on the wedges is so cool. I wonder if that is available when ordering normally or if it's just a one-off for this test. That ball marker is also super cool.

I look forward to hearing how they work, especially with that sharper leading edge.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I really need to figure out a way to get that logo etched onto my current wedges. Pretty sweet!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Interesting brand and items. Yes @CFreddie, that Damascus edition putter looks incredible! The shape of the Pendragon XL is also intriguing. 

image.png.cb55a7159389cb9ef8b8a58b7606b038.png 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

3 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

As always, you're a goof. But that's what makes it fun. 🙂

Those do look really sharp, and that laser MGS on the wedges is so cool. I wonder if that is available when ordering normally or if it's just a one-off for this test. That ball marker is also super cool.

I look forward to hearing how they work, especially with that sharper leading edge.

I believe they do offer custom engraving, but as far as I know, it was just a special perk set up by Jamie for this test.  It's such a classy touch. 

And spoiler alert: the leading edge CAN dig, but only when I put a bad swing on it - they're a GREAT set of wedges, and someone's going to be very, very happy testing these out. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

22 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Ok, those wedges are freaking sweet as well! Love the MGS etching!!! 🔥

Any insight into the grind / bounce? Didn’t see much on the website, besides a simple table of specs. 

You know, that's a great question, and unfortunately, I don't have any more info than the website gives. When I was fit into the Indi's, I was fit into their ATK in 52-60, as my attack angle is steeper and that's their bounce/grind for a steeper player, and so far I haven't had any issues adjusting to these, even if the front edge does seem sharper.  I'm certainly capable of sticking it into the ground with ANY wedge, but I definitely haven't felt overly penalized in any way with the Argolf wedges, so take that for what it's worth 🙂

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

You know, that's a great question, and unfortunately, I don't have any more info than the website gives. When I was fit into the Indi's, I was fit into their ATK in 52-60, as my attack angle is steeper and that's their bounce/grind for a steeper player, and so far I haven't had any issues adjusting to these, even if the front edge does seem sharper.  I'm certainly capable of sticking it into the ground with ANY wedge, but I definitely haven't felt overly penalized in any way with the Argolf wedges, so take that for what it's worth 🙂

Good stuff - thank you as always!!!

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym