Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Technology Do You Use On The Course?

This year I plan to walk most of my rounds and will use my Bushnell Tour V4 range finder and the GHIN app for anything I want to see an overhead view of. I just like the simplicity of grabbing a rangefinder and shooting a couple yardages.

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

Man, after looking through all of these comments I have determined I am still in the Stone Age!

The only item I use is a rangefinder and that was just within the last 2 years…

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I use the Sky Caddie GPS Watch. It is accurate with the yardage (I couldn't tell if it is a yard or two off), and it has a nice, detailed color map of the course that you can drag to a point you want to hit. It syncs nicely to their online tracking. 

I also use the Birdies18 app, which is a great GPS. I use it more to see how well my buddies are playing and bust their b*lls.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

1 hour ago, Tkdblackbelt said:

Arccos and a range finder 

Why Mess with something that works!  
I have this combo and it’s awesome.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Bushnell V6 shift rangefinder (thank you, Costco, for the excellent price on this), and the free version of the Golf Pad app. I haven't gotten into tracking individual club usage on the app, but may in the future. Someone already posted screenshots of the Golf Pad app in use, and the data it provides at the end of a round, on page 1 of this thread. The yardages to front/middle/back tend to be pretty close to what the Bushnell tells me, but on doglegs it gives "as the bird flies" yardages, which isn't too useful when the inner half of the dogleg is OB with trees and buildings stopping you from trying to cut the corner.

Callaway Epic Flash Driver (9 degree), Callaway Mavrik 3W, Titlelist 910H 3h, Taylormade Speed Blade irons (4i-PW), Kirkland v1 wedges (52-56-60), Odyssey Versa 7 putter. All clubs R-flex

Garmin Z82 and Arccos

I've tried so many options, but those 2 just work the best for me and make golf more fun. 

With the 2D map overlay on the range finder, how could you do any better? I wish the image was as sharp as the high end rangefinders, but I get yardage data that I can trust and it lets me play more strategically. 

Gps by itself is sometimes incorrect. Byhaving a lasered measurement, I know I have the right measurement. 

Being able to see front/back/pin on the 2d map, I just feel more confident on my club choice. 

I try to use Arccos as little as possible while I'm playing. It's really for afterwards. The stats make golf more fun and knowing what I need to focus on has helped me improve. 

9001_approachz82_01-60438824-c2be-4d2e-92a5-a51618bf572f.jpg

Edited by MLBoulder

18birdies GPS. on it's basic form, it's free. I'm not shooting at pins. I'm barely hitting greens. I do like the distance showing front, middle, back of greens. I've just gotten used to it, that I prefer it over my range finder. I'm always afraid it's going to pick up something in the distance, and it'll make me hit it worse than I already do.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I use a FitBit, Range Finder, and Shot Scope X5

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Bushnell Prox7 Jolt and a Samsung Galaxy 5 watch with Smart Caddie for those times that a range finder cannot be used.....Then I rock out a Bose Sound Link Flex to get into a rhythm......

Driver: Titleist TSi3 3W: TSR3, 5w Callaway BBti, Ping g430 Hybrid, Irons Ping i230, Taylormade MG 54, 58, Scotty Cameron Futura X5. Ball Titleist Pro v1x

All I use is a range finder. 

The shot tracking apps are cool, but I haven't found one that hits all the marks for me in performance and cost. 

TM SLDR 430 9*

Callaway Pro 3w

Nickent 17* 

Callaway Apex 4-pw

Cleveland RTX 50, 54, 58

TM Rossa Putter

5 hours ago, Nick_D said:

This year I plan to walk most of my rounds and will use my Bushnell Tour V4 range finder and the GHIN app for anything I want to see an overhead view of. I just like the simplicity of grabbing a rangefinder and shooting a couple yardages.

Also like the Bushnell rangefinders.  Mine is an older Tour XE and I love it.  Very dependable and use the the slope if not playing in an event.  Only Tech item I use.  Wish I could walk but due to medical issues, I cannot.  Have used Bushnell for years but the Tour model is by far the best.  A bit expensive, but at 77 and retired, I earned it.  Hakuna matata.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I use a Precision Pro rangefinder with slope for daily rounds. Had a garmen GPS for years and liked it but it quit working and was out of warranty and not fixable and garmen offered 5% on a new one so I thought I would try the laser rangefinder method. I really like it's accuracy when you can mark the flag but sometimes you are still walking off yardage (if I hit em in the fairway every time that wouldn't be a problem). I enter scores in the WI/USGA handicap tool and enter the details when I can.

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

I use my phone and watch for distances, shot tracking, and scorecard. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I use range finder and just purchased H4 for club tracking. Wife person doesn't track me yet, at least I don't think. 🤔

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

I use several bits of technology when I play.  I keep score using the GolfPad app, which I've upgraded to premium.  This has been an invaluable tool that helps me keep a detailed record of my game, especially with premium.  It's almost all I need for my rounds, but I supplement it with a Blue Tees Series 3 Max+ rangefinder which helps me get more added details.  

Richard Q. Balagot

I started off with a Bushnell Pro 500 laser. The dam thing was a two hander ship binoculars type. Then the Golflogix came out but it only held 5 courses and you had to pay a subscription every year. You had to plug into your computer, delete and upload courses all the time. Turned into a pain in the ass.

Then I moved onto a TecTecTec laser which worked well for several years. I kept it in my golf bag when flying. I guess the lack of pressurazition in cargo  weakened a seal and the optics would fog up and you couldn’t read some of the digits. Then moved on to the TecTecTec GPS watch. You got key yardage to traps, water and front middle and back of greens. Having small greens this worked fine but I realized I hate wearing a watch.

Finially moved back  to a laser and use the Cobalt this is by far the best laser I ever had or tried. Only draw back is they are useless on foggy days. I just have to remember to keep my GPS watch in my bag for those foggy mornings.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I use a a range finder w/slope from amazon on the course to get my distances (consistently gives the same reads +/- a yard as friends expensive stuff). Good enough for me since I'm not accurate to +/- a yard...

Keep my score in the Golf Canada app and that's where I get my course GPS if need to locate hazards etc. Links to my watch for a quick look at front/centre/back of green which has been a good and functional combo.

Lastly, sometimes on course to stick with this thread (but also often after the round), I track strokes gained using the Golfity app to confirm what I already know and figure out where to focus my limited practice time.

Callaway Epic Max LS (Ventus Blue 5S)

Callaway Paradym 3HL (Ventus Blue 6S)

Ping G430 4 Hybrid (Ventus Blue 7S)

Taylormade P770 5-PW (Nippon 950 GH neo)

Taylormade MG4 Wedges (50.9, 54.11 @ 55.12, 60.8)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

On 3/8/2024 at 2:09 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are so many options out there and available for us. 

What technology do you use on the course? Range Finder? Shot Tracking? Apps? Anything else? 

Why do you use that vs some of the other options?

I'm a pretty simple guy. I use a Swammi 6000 GPS. It gives me rough distance to front, middle and back of green. Some ostacle data. What i like is I can set my location and it will track how far I hit it. It appears to be accurate to with in 2 or 3 yards which is morre than enough for me.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Just got a shotscope h4 on eBay a couple weeks ago and so far I really like it.  

I usually also have TheGrint app or SwingU on my phone and watch to show distance also. They seem to be 5-10 yards different than the Shotscope at times.  

Hope to invest in a decent rangefinder at some point. 

Jnr

I have used a Garmin watch for years and love it.  Light weight and find it to be very accurate for front-middle-back distances when comparing to friends using rangefinders.  As an 11 handicap, I don't really feel like I need to know more than those 3 distances.  A friend telling me a number that is 3 yards difference does not make me adjust clubs typically.
I also periodically use my Arccos system.  Sometimes checking to make sure it has recorded each shot becomes too distracting to my round, or maybe I forgot to charge the little device that clips on my belt.  I think it is probably a good system if I could get consistent with it.
I also typically will use the free version of 18Birdies.  Less for distance info and more for data collection.

Taylormade woods and hybrids/Titleist irons and wedges/Scotty putter/Srixon Z-StarXV