Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Star Grips - 2024 Forum Review


Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@BreakfastBall15 -Main Post

@LeakyValve - Main Post

@Alf. S - Main Post

@EugeGallMain Post

Recommended Posts

Finally was able to get out onto the course. 
A few quick observations:

These grips do not slip in your hands at all. I was very impressed with a few bad swings where the club did not slip in my hands at all

The tackiness is there but not distracting, almost welcoming. Hands felt very secure. 

Even with 2 extra build up wraps on the bottom hand, there was still a little bit of taper. Felt very similar to my old Lamkin Z5 grips. I’m gonna test them a little more but I’m more than likely going to add more wraps on the bottom hand. I left my wedges without tape and there was barely a difference in feel between them and the irons 

The orange is very bright. It was distracting at first but after a few holes I didn’t even notice it. 

The swing weight is going to be a bigger concern than I thought. My timing was affected and took a little bit of getting used to. With the upcoming reshafting it’s going to be something I’ll make sure to bring up with the builder. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick update: went to the range this evening and I’m still blown away with the feel of these grips. The more I get used to it the more I like 3 wraps on the bottom and 1 on the top hand. 

Wont be able to get out for the next few days with work, family stuff, and school so I took the grips off and will be dropping the clubs off to get reshafted tomorrow. Taking the grips off took all of 3 minutes. I’m pretty sure it took longer for the air compressor to get up to pressure. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that have installed and removed the same grips several times with air, is there any drawback to this? Does it cause the grip to get "looser" the more you do it? Can it cause damage or premature wearing of the materials?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

For those that have installed and removed the same grips several times with air, is there any drawback to this? Does it cause the grip to get "looser" the more you do it? Can it cause damage or premature wearing of the materials?

For me the answer is no - it is part of their claim with their technology that they use to make them. That said this has only been my experience with a couple of times.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me the answer is no - it is part of their claim with their technology that they use to make them. That said this has only been my experience with a couple of times.

That's cool! Is using air specific for these types of grips (rubber) or can other types be installed this way?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That's cool! Is using air specific for these types of grips (rubber) or can other types be installed this way?

You can use the traditional method as well, but the air is certainly quicker. It is also a lot more difficult to remove and replace when using a traditional method.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

You can use the traditional method as well, but the air is certainly quicker. It is also a lot more difficult to remove and replace when using a traditional method.

I was referring to other types of grips.  Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that .

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

For those that have installed and removed the same grips several times with air, is there any drawback to this? Does it cause the grip to get "looser" the more you do it? Can it cause damage or premature wearing of the materials?

I have taken a couple off and on several times with no noticeable issues. Testing different tape set ups. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

For those that have installed and removed the same grips several times with air, is there any drawback to this? Does it cause the grip to get "looser" the more you do it? Can it cause damage or premature wearing of the materials?

Not that I’ve noticed

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Rob Person
 

I think the only issue would be using the tap method to install, and trying to uninstall with air. Could lead to a bubble bulge in the grip. Followed by a big boom. 

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder it doesn't work"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's cool! Is using air specific for these types of grips (rubber) or can other types be installed this way?

i have been a long time user of the air install grips (pure 1st; now star) and they can be installed and uninstalled as many times as you need without any deterioration in performance...also i have tried air installation for other grips (oNe, iomic, tour velvet, etc.) and there was slippage with all other types/brands...cheers

Driver: Titleist TSR4 8*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60S

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 12*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 70S

7 Wood: Callaway Apex UW 21*...Fujikura Ventus TR Black 80S

Di: Ping iCrossover 2i/18*...Fujikura Axiom LP 105S

4H: Titleist TSR3 23*...Axiom LP 105S

5i-Pw: Edel SMS...Axiom MP & SP 105S 

50* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

55* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

Ptr: Scotty Cameron Special Select DelMar...BGT Tour Black

GB: Titleist ProV1 Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also...would like to give a shout out to stargrip's customer service...i just recently broke the little nozzle tip that goes in the end of grip so i emailed the company and i had a replacement new nozzle delivered in 2 days (impressive considering i live in canada) no questions asked...on another occasion they sent 15 of the wrong grips to me so they sent the correct ones overnight shipping and said just keep the others! ...the guy is just super easy to deal with...cheers

Driver: Titleist TSR4 8*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60S

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 12*...Fujikura Ventus TR Red 70S

7 Wood: Callaway Apex UW 21*...Fujikura Ventus TR Black 80S

Di: Ping iCrossover 2i/18*...Fujikura Axiom LP 105S

4H: Titleist TSR3 23*...Axiom LP 105S

5i-Pw: Edel SMS...Axiom MP & SP 105S 

50* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

55* wedge: Edel SMS D-grind...Axiom SP 125X 

Ptr: Scotty Cameron Special Select DelMar...BGT Tour Black

GB: Titleist ProV1 Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just off the course and that is my 3rd round with the Star Grips installed and so far I'm quietly impressed. The last 2 rounds I've been playing in the wet. Last Tuesday by the time we got to the 17th my club grips and towel were wet through so it wasn't a surprise that I was having issues with slippage. I think even with cord grips I would have been struggling. Today it started to rain at the 14th but I had my FJ all weather gloves with me so again by the 17th grips were wet but with the all weather gloves I still had a good grip. So much so that at the last my 8i tee shot pitched 6" from the hole rolled out to 4' and I holed for birdie.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2024 at 11:24 PM, BreakfastBall15 said:

Quick update: went to the range this evening and I’m still blown away with the feel of these grips. The more I get used to it the more I like 3 wraps on the bottom and 1 on the top hand. 

Wont be able to get out for the next few days with work, family stuff, and school so I took the grips off and will be dropping the clubs off to get reshafted tomorrow. Taking the grips off took all of 3 minutes. I’m pretty sure it took longer for the air compressor to get up to pressure. 

I am really enjoying the feel of them. I accidentally went down a size when I orders these and it’s been a little different feel but I definitely do not feel very connected to them even when there is moisture there. Sunday was pretty damp and I never felt the clubs slipping at all. 

Jonathan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Fred Couples had started using Star Grips, and it looks like they have now made their way to The Masters and ended up in the hands of the greatest to ever play the game! I wonder what he thought of them... 🤔

b23b8379-d9b6-48a7-a929-8475d0e64905.jpeg.5a8c31de525277835a3e8570ca11cc8a.jpeg

 

Edited by customgolfcenter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, customgolfcenter said:

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Fred Couples had started using Star Grips, and it looks like they have now made their way to The Masters and ended up in the hands of the greatest to ever play the game! I wonder what he thought of them... 🤔

b23b8379-d9b6-48a7-a929-8475d0e64905.jpeg.5a8c31de525277835a3e8570ca11cc8a.jpeg

 

Yeah, but WE'RE the pioneers baby!  Well, maybe the fifth or sixth wave of the pioneers, but whatever. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got another range session in this evening. When I put the grips in the new shafts I did 3 extra wraps on the bottom hand and 1 for the top hand and the feeling was significantly better. Again had zero issues with and slippage or anything. I forgot to bring my spray bottle to do a wet vs dry comparison but did dump my water bottle on the grip and wiped it down and had no issues. Was a little damp but still tacky and felt great. 

One other thing, and I’m not sure if it’s just my mind playing tricks on me but the orange grips feel softer compared to the blue. I don’t golf with any other lefties but I’ll have my playing partners just feel them to either confirm or call me crazy

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

Got another range session in this evening. When I put the grips in the new shafts I did 3 extra wraps on the bottom hand and 1 for the top hand and the feeling was significantly better. Again had zero issues with and slippage or anything. I forgot to bring my spray bottle to do a wet vs dry comparison but did dump my water bottle on the grip and wiped it down and had no issues. Was a little damp but still tacky and felt great. 

One other thing, and I’m not sure if it’s just my mind playing tricks on me but the orange grips feel softer compared to the blue. I don’t golf with any other lefties but I’ll have my playing partners just feel them to either confirm or call me crazy

Yep, I had the same issue with going from white to red grips.  All of my grips are white other than my lob wedge, it's red. The red is softer feeling than the white but it's subtle.  As far as the overall feel of the red, if my set were all gripped in that color, I would still like it.  This might be a distraction to someone more sensitive to this type of thing.  

I guess if a player is affected by this, multi colored sets would be a no go.

Edited by Gunn404
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2024 at 7:11 AM, Gunn404 said:

Yep, I had the same issue with going from white to red grips.  All of my grips are white other than my lob wedge, it's red. The red is softer feeling than the white but it's subtle.  As far as the overall feel of the red, if my set were all gripped in that color, I would still like it.  This might be a distraction to someone more sensitive to this type of thing.  

I guess if a player is affected by this, multi colored sets would be a no go.

Good to know it's not just me and I'm not going crazy. I didn't feel that the differences in feel was substantial but its noticeable. I have zero issues with these grips so far but in the future I'm not sure if I would go with a multi color set again. Curious if any of the other testers have noticed a difference in feel between different colors within the same model.

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my first round outside ready to go for tonight and I cannot wait to hit these for real. Might be a little windy and only 13* C but I don’t care. Might be good to play in cooler conditions to see how the grips handle it. 

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder it doesn't work"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LeakyValve said:

Got my first round outside ready to go for tonight and I cannot wait to hit these for real. Might be a little windy and only 13* C but I don’t care. Might be good to play in cooler conditions to see how the grips handle it. 

I played in similar temps 2 weeks ago. Normally when it was that cold you’d feel it on the bad shots. Was significantly less with the star grips but still there for the feedback. It’s supposed to be almost 90 Fahrenheit this Sunday when I’m playing so it’ll be a good test when it’s hot and humid. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ended up getting a set to regrip my irons and wedges..they have quickly become favorites if mine.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I ended up getting a set to regrip my irons and wedges..they have quickly become favorites if mine.

i regripped my wedges and they feel great.  The only thing i noticed is that i use a mid size grip and these seemed to have compressed smaller after use.  They still feel great though.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the first round out was abysmal to say the least. Combination of a few things. One of which was new shoes making me around a half inch to 3/4 taller. Equating to alot of thin shots. 

 

The grips were..... Okay. Maybe playing inside on the sim takes away alot of the guessing for myself when it comes to "being square" to the target. But I found myself adjusting my hands (think schauffele before he swings) before the take away and found it really hard to feel like I was "set". Each time I would loosen and reset my glove hand I was finding the grip too tacky, and the glove would stick the the grip enough to when my micro hand adjustment meant that the glove stayed in place and my hand moved around. Maybe my glove is too big, maybe both the grips and glove being new just made for a super sticky combo. I'm not sure. But there were more than a few times where my hands felt set, but my glove was twisted inbetween my hands and the grip, which was less than ideal when trying to hit drives and approach shots. 

 

I do this alot for all my shots, the micro adjustments, so having that sensation of the glove sticking to the grip was awkward and frustrating.  Something to note about this is that it happened with both grips (tour Stars and sidewinders). I found my glove would stick more to the sidewinders than the tour Stars. Also the "sticking" of the glove mostly happened in the palm of my glove. It happened a bit on the fingers but I think I would take my fingers far enough away to create total separation. 

 

Trying to decided where I would put this in a final review "the sticking and such" but I'm chalking this up to brand new grips. Brand new glove. I think I'm going to take a grip washer and fully wash the grips to see if it lessens the tackiness. I do like the feelings of being connected with the handle, but feeling like I have to wrestle my hands with the grip to be set leaves much to be desired. Hopeful to get at least a few more rounds in before the final review!

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder it doesn't work"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

i regripped my wedges and they feel great.  The only thing i noticed is that i use a mid size grip and these seemed to have compressed smaller after use.  They still feel great though.

I noticed they were smaller than my previous midsize grips. A few layers of build up tape fixed that issue no problem

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

I noticed they were smaller than my previous midsize grips. A few layers of build up tape fixed that issue no problem

How much tape does it take to make a noticeable rise in thickness? Placement starting from the mid grip area?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LeakyValve said:

Well the first round out was abysmal to say the least. Combination of a few things. One of which was new shoes making me around a half inch to 3/4 taller. Equating to alot of thin shots. 

 

The grips were..... Okay. Maybe playing inside on the sim takes away alot of the guessing for myself when it comes to "being square" to the target. But I found myself adjusting my hands (think schauffele before he swings) before the take away and found it really hard to feel like I was "set". Each time I would loosen and reset my glove hand I was finding the grip too tacky, and the glove would stick the the grip enough to when my micro hand adjustment meant that the glove stayed in place and my hand moved around. Maybe my glove is too big, maybe both the grips and glove being new just made for a super sticky combo. I'm not sure. But there were more than a few times where my hands felt set, but my glove was twisted inbetween my hands and the grip, which was less than ideal when trying to hit drives and approach shots. 

 

I do this alot for all my shots, the micro adjustments, so having that sensation of the glove sticking to the grip was awkward and frustrating.  Something to note about this is that it happened with both grips (tour Stars and sidewinders). I found my glove would stick more to the sidewinders than the tour Stars. Also the "sticking" of the glove mostly happened in the palm of my glove. It happened a bit on the fingers but I think I would take my fingers far enough away to create total separation. 

 

Trying to decided where I would put this in a final review "the sticking and such" but I'm chalking this up to brand new grips. Brand new glove. I think I'm going to take a grip washer and fully wash the grips to see if it lessens the tackiness. I do like the feelings of being connected with the handle, but feeling like I have to wrestle my hands with the grip to be set leaves much to be desired. Hopeful to get at least a few more rounds in before the final review!

Maybe this is why I love these grips since I don't wear a glove and need the tackiness.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a good range session today. Tried to work on all the things I did wrong on Friday. Work to do but at least I didn’t feel like I was a mile away from the ball. 
 

grips felt better today and I think with even more playing time the “glove/grip” issues will sort themselves out. 
 

not a whole lot of twisting in the hands. Felt like when I did make my adjustments I was making sure to fully let go with the grip hand to avoid the glove getting caught and had no issues. 
 

i was a dummy and took zero pictures today so I’ll have to go back to the range or go play at least once more before my final review

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder it doesn't work"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, Rob Person said:

How much tape does it take to make a noticeable rise in thickness? Placement starting from the mid grip area?

So initially I left my wedges with no build up and 2 extra wraps on the bottom hand. It was noticeable, there’s a good bit of taper with these grips. Now all clubs have 3 wraps on the bottom and it’s less taper. Feels great. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...