Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Sundogs Eyewear: 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@Wicki - Main Post 

@ShimmyCocoBop - Main Post 

@Jeff in the Mitten - Main Post

@Alan Scalzi - Main Post 

@Coulter - Main Post 

@injectedcuttyMain Post

The headcover case is awesome and the glasses look even better. Looking forward to long term testing notes as it’s been hard for anything to kick the Oakley’s off my face but these look promising

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Just getting caught up on this thread, y'all are doing a stellar job!

@Sundog Eyewear, the driver cover case is actually genius, especially for those folks who have a dedicated pair just for golf. Well done! Speaking of Genius, I really dig those frames. They look a little more squared off than a typical clubmaster frame, which I like.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

4 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Just getting caught up on this thread, y'all are doing a stellar job!

@Sundog Eyewear, the driver cover case is actually genius, especially for those folks who have a dedicated pair just for golf. Well done! Speaking of Genius, I really dig those frames. They look a little more squared off than a typical clubmaster frame, which I like.

I agree completely on the shape of the Genius model.  I am LOVING how they look.  Just the right shape that I think they'd work for a number of different face shapes.  I always found the perfectly round ones to look "funny" on me, but also don't love the perfectly squared off ones either as they seem a little outdated now.  The Genius is the perfect blend in my opinion.  

I have been very impressed so far!  Going to the range later and will report back with some outdoor use thoughts 🙂 

Jeff D.

WITB:

Stealth Plus 10.5 w/ X-Stiff Evenflow Riptide MX 70 TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3-wood w/ Steelfiber 85g X-Stiff (F5)

Taylormade P770 (2021) w/ Dynamic Gold 120 x100

Vokey SM7 wedges 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

5 minutes ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

I agree completely on the shape of the Genius model.  I am LOVING how they look.  Just the right shape that I think they'd work for a number of different face shapes.  I always found the perfectly round ones to look "funny" on me, but also don't love the perfectly squared off ones either as they seem a little outdated now.  The Genius is the perfect blend in my opinion. 

Agreed! I tried a pair of clubmaster-esque sunnies before but they just didn't look the best on me. I don't have any classy looking shades in the collection, but these are getting added to the watch list.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

5 minutes ago, Sundog Eyewear said:

Hey Spies and our Testers @Wicki, @ShimmyCocoBop, @Jeff in the Mitten, @Alan Scalzi, @Coulter, @injectedcutty,

THE SHORT VERSION (TLDR Version):

We just wanted to drop a quick note as testing is about to begin. We're thrilled to partner with MGS, and a special thanks to @GolfSpy_APH! Our testers have either already received their shipments or should receive them today. As we dive into testing, if our testers have any questions, comments, or anything else, please tag us in your posts, and we'd be happy to respond!

Our testers will each receive two pairs of sunglasses: one from our TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Collection and one from our TrueBlue Collection. We wanted to include both polarized and non-polarized lenses because polarized lenses are a hot topic in golf. It's not about right or wrong answers, but rather sparking a good debate, so please share your thoughts! We aim to demonstrate how our options in both categories stand out.

We're also working behind the scenes on our website to add more information about our lens technology. For more info on each of our lenses, see below. This information will be added to our website in more depth soon!

And yes, that headcover is indeed a sunglass case - it will soon be available online! We love the initial reaction to this case.

Good luck to our testers! 😎👍

THE LONG VERSION (SUDOG EYEWEAR'S LENS BENEFITS):

PRODUCT INFORMATION

TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Lenses

Introducing our TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses. Sundog Eyewear's most advanced lens innovation yet. Launched in 2024, these lenses offer unparalleled performance, comparable to top-tier competitors in the market but at a fraction of the cost. TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses seamlessly integrate our patented TrueBlue lens technology and Polarized lens technology, setting a new standard for optical clarity, color enhancement, and glare reduction. However, what truly sets them apart are the exclusive "PLUS" features designed to elevate performance and durability even further. These features are particularly beneficial for high-performance sports enthusiasts who demand nothing but the best:

PLUS Features:

• OAR (Optical Anti-Reflective): Say goodbye to distracting reflections with our Optical Anti-Reflective coating. By minimizing glare, this feature ensures crystal-clear vision in bright sunlight or high-glare conditions, enhancing visual comfort and clarity.
  • Hydrophobic: Our Hydrophobic coating repels both saltwater and freshwater, making it ideal for water sports enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers alike. Repelling  water from the lens surface, this feature ensures uninterrupted vision even in wet conditions, allowing you to stay focused on the task at hand.
  • Oleophobic: Tired of constantly wiping away fingerprints and sweat? Our Oleophobic coating repels oil from fingerprints and sweat, making cleaning a breeze. Not only does this feature maintain the lens' pristine appearance, but it also ensures hassle-free maintenance, allowing you to spend more time enjoying your activities and less time cleaning your eyewear.

TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses offer unmatched performance and protection, making them the ideal choice for athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and anyone seeking superior optical clarity and durability in their eyewear. Whether you're hitting the slopes, conquering the waves, or simply enjoying a leisurely stroll outdoors, trust TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses to deliver an unparalleled visual experience, every time.

TrueBlue Lenses

Main Benefits

• Enhanced Visual Acuity: TrueBlue outdoor sun lenses are engineered to elevate visual acuity, allowing for sharper and clearer vision. The advanced technology in these lenses minimizes distortions, improving the clarity of details and fine elements in the surrounding environment.
  • Improved Contrast: These lenses contribute to improved contrast perception, accentuating the differences between light and dark areas. By effectively managing the intensity of light, TrueBlue technology enhances the visibility of objects, textures, and contours, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
  • Maintained Color Balance: One of the standout features of TrueBlue outdoor sun lenses is their ability to maintain a natural and balanced color spectrum. Unlike some tinted lenses that may distort colors, TrueBlue lenses provide true-to-life color perception. This ensures that the vibrant and subtle hues of the environment are preserved, enhancing the overall visual experience.

TrueBlue Solution:

• TrueBlue lenses incorporate patented technology inspired by nature's defenses to provide robust defense against blue light.
  • TrueBlue lenses offer superior filtration for blue light protection.
  • TrueBlue lenses are not a superficial coating but a comprehensive in mass lens solution incorporating Melanin to absorb blue light before it reaches the eyes.
  • Limits blue light reaching the retina, aiding in the protection against retinal degeneration.

Overall Impact: TrueBlue technology reduces vision stress, improves performance, and addresses the potential damages caused by blue light exposure, both in artificial and natural light sources.

Polarized Lenses

The Sundog Advantage

While many lenses claim to be polarized, the performance of each can vary significantly. Sundog's Premium Polarized lenses set themselves apart, offering a superior solution. Unlike many sunglasses on the market that take shortcuts by using a polarized film without an outer or inner protection layer—resulting in faster deterioration and susceptibility to scratches—our Sundog Premium Polarized lenses are crafted differently. We achieve this by sandwiching the polarized film between two of our SD-C7 Polycarbonate lenses, creating a unique polarized lens. Sundog is an injected polarized process where many inferior polarized products are raw polarized film cut to fit into a sunglass frame.

Experience sharper images and enhanced protection from the elements with our Premium Polarized Lens.

Sundog Premium Polarized lenses stand out because they provide:

• Evenly Distributed Polarization: Ensuring high-quality polarized lenses with consistent polarization across the entire lens surface. Any irregularities or misalignments in polarization can lead to distortions or reduced effectiveness in blocking glare.
  • Material Quality: We use the highest quality materials for the polarizing film, resulting in superior polarization performance and glare reduction. Inferior materials may degrade over time or fail to provide consistent polarization.
  • Manufacturing Precision: Our lenses undergo a meticulous manufacturing process with a focus on detail, ensuring they maintain precise polarization and optical quality.
  • Durability: The durability of polarized lenses is crucial for long-term effectiveness. To maximize durability, our film is expertly layered between two lens sheets, offering enhanced protection against scratches and damage.

Choose Sundog Premium Polarized lenses for a unique and top-tier polarized eyewear experience.

SD-C7 Polycarbonate Lenses

The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens from Sundog Eyewear presents numerous compelling features that render it an exceptional choice for eyewear. Serving as the foundational element in all our sunglasses, the SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens offers a host of benefits. Each lens category is built upon this foundation, encompassing all the advantages outlined below, along with additional benefits found in our Polarized, TrueBlue, and TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Collections.

• Improved Visual Clarity and Performance: The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens offers improved visual clarity and performance, with enhanced vision compared to standard lenses.
  • Shatterproof, Scratch, and Impact Resistant: Shatterproof, scratch-resistant, and impact-resistant, highlighting its durability and ability to withstand various types of damage.
  • Durable & Lightweight: The SD-C7 lens is both durable and lightweight, making it comfortable to wear for extended periods without compromising on strength or resilience.
  • Advanced UV Resistance (100% UVA/UVB Protection): Advanced UV resistance, providing 100% UVA and UVB protection, ensuring that wearers' eyes are shielded from harmful ultraviolet rays, offering added eye protection in outdoor environments.
  • Polycarbonate Material: Polycarbonate is a type of thermoplastic polymer known for its lightweight nature and exceptional impact resistance. Sundog Eyewear's unique SD-C7 lens is a reliable choice for maintaining visual clarity and eye safety.

The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens from Sundog Eyewear offers improved visual clarity and performance, along with shatterproof, scratch-resistant, and impact-resistant properties. It is designed to be durable, lightweight, and provide advanced UV protection, making it a reliable choice for various outdoor activities and everyday wear.

Not to give too many hints but these sunglasses amazing! And the headcover? Awesome touch!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

7 minutes ago, Sundog Eyewear said:

Hey Spies and our Testers @Wicki, @ShimmyCocoBop, @Jeff in the Mitten, @Alan Scalzi, @Coulter, @injectedcutty,

THE SHORT VERSION (TLDR Version):

We just wanted to drop a quick note as testing is about to begin. We're thrilled to partner with MGS, and a special thanks to @GolfSpy_APH! Our testers have either already received their shipments or should receive them today. As we dive into testing, if our testers have any questions, comments, or anything else, please tag us in your posts, and we'd be happy to respond!

Our testers will each receive two pairs of sunglasses: one from our TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Collection and one from our TrueBlue Collection. We wanted to include both polarized and non-polarized lenses because polarized lenses are a hot topic in golf. It's not about right or wrong answers, but rather sparking a good debate, so please share your thoughts! We aim to demonstrate how our options in both categories stand out.

We're also working behind the scenes on our website to add more information about our lens technology. For more info on each of our lenses, see below. This information will be added to our website in more depth soon!

And yes, that headcover is indeed a sunglass case - it will soon be available online! We love the initial reaction to this case.

Good luck to our testers! 😎👍

THE LONG VERSION (SUDOG EYEWEAR'S LENS BENEFITS):

PRODUCT INFORMATION

TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Lenses

Introducing our TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses. Sundog Eyewear's most advanced lens innovation yet. Launched in 2024, these lenses offer unparalleled performance, comparable to top-tier competitors in the market but at a fraction of the cost. TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses seamlessly integrate our patented TrueBlue lens technology and Polarized lens technology, setting a new standard for optical clarity, color enhancement, and glare reduction. However, what truly sets them apart are the exclusive "PLUS" features designed to elevate performance and durability even further. These features are particularly beneficial for high-performance sports enthusiasts who demand nothing but the best:

PLUS Features:

• OAR (Optical Anti-Reflective): Say goodbye to distracting reflections with our Optical Anti-Reflective coating. By minimizing glare, this feature ensures crystal-clear vision in bright sunlight or high-glare conditions, enhancing visual comfort and clarity.
  • Hydrophobic: Our Hydrophobic coating repels both saltwater and freshwater, making it ideal for water sports enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers alike. Repelling  water from the lens surface, this feature ensures uninterrupted vision even in wet conditions, allowing you to stay focused on the task at hand.
  • Oleophobic: Tired of constantly wiping away fingerprints and sweat? Our Oleophobic coating repels oil from fingerprints and sweat, making cleaning a breeze. Not only does this feature maintain the lens' pristine appearance, but it also ensures hassle-free maintenance, allowing you to spend more time enjoying your activities and less time cleaning your eyewear.

TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses offer unmatched performance and protection, making them the ideal choice for athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and anyone seeking superior optical clarity and durability in their eyewear. Whether you're hitting the slopes, conquering the waves, or simply enjoying a leisurely stroll outdoors, trust TrueBlue Polarized PLUS lenses to deliver an unparalleled visual experience, every time.

TrueBlue Lenses

Main Benefits

• Enhanced Visual Acuity: TrueBlue outdoor sun lenses are engineered to elevate visual acuity, allowing for sharper and clearer vision. The advanced technology in these lenses minimizes distortions, improving the clarity of details and fine elements in the surrounding environment.
  • Improved Contrast: These lenses contribute to improved contrast perception, accentuating the differences between light and dark areas. By effectively managing the intensity of light, TrueBlue technology enhances the visibility of objects, textures, and contours, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
  • Maintained Color Balance: One of the standout features of TrueBlue outdoor sun lenses is their ability to maintain a natural and balanced color spectrum. Unlike some tinted lenses that may distort colors, TrueBlue lenses provide true-to-life color perception. This ensures that the vibrant and subtle hues of the environment are preserved, enhancing the overall visual experience.

TrueBlue Solution:

• TrueBlue lenses incorporate patented technology inspired by nature's defenses to provide robust defense against blue light.
  • TrueBlue lenses offer superior filtration for blue light protection.
  • TrueBlue lenses are not a superficial coating but a comprehensive in mass lens solution incorporating Melanin to absorb blue light before it reaches the eyes.
  • Limits blue light reaching the retina, aiding in the protection against retinal degeneration.

Overall Impact: TrueBlue technology reduces vision stress, improves performance, and addresses the potential damages caused by blue light exposure, both in artificial and natural light sources.

Polarized Lenses

The Sundog Advantage

While many lenses claim to be polarized, the performance of each can vary significantly. Sundog's Premium Polarized lenses set themselves apart, offering a superior solution. Unlike many sunglasses on the market that take shortcuts by using a polarized film without an outer or inner protection layer—resulting in faster deterioration and susceptibility to scratches—our Sundog Premium Polarized lenses are crafted differently. We achieve this by sandwiching the polarized film between two of our SD-C7 Polycarbonate lenses, creating a unique polarized lens. Sundog is an injected polarized process where many inferior polarized products are raw polarized film cut to fit into a sunglass frame.

Experience sharper images and enhanced protection from the elements with our Premium Polarized Lens.

Sundog Premium Polarized lenses stand out because they provide:

• Evenly Distributed Polarization: Ensuring high-quality polarized lenses with consistent polarization across the entire lens surface. Any irregularities or misalignments in polarization can lead to distortions or reduced effectiveness in blocking glare.
  • Material Quality: We use the highest quality materials for the polarizing film, resulting in superior polarization performance and glare reduction. Inferior materials may degrade over time or fail to provide consistent polarization.
  • Manufacturing Precision: Our lenses undergo a meticulous manufacturing process with a focus on detail, ensuring they maintain precise polarization and optical quality.
  • Durability: The durability of polarized lenses is crucial for long-term effectiveness. To maximize durability, our film is expertly layered between two lens sheets, offering enhanced protection against scratches and damage.

Choose Sundog Premium Polarized lenses for a unique and top-tier polarized eyewear experience.

SD-C7 Polycarbonate Lenses

The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens from Sundog Eyewear presents numerous compelling features that render it an exceptional choice for eyewear. Serving as the foundational element in all our sunglasses, the SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens offers a host of benefits. Each lens category is built upon this foundation, encompassing all the advantages outlined below, along with additional benefits found in our Polarized, TrueBlue, and TrueBlue Polarized PLUS Collections.

• Improved Visual Clarity and Performance: The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens offers improved visual clarity and performance, with enhanced vision compared to standard lenses.
  • Shatterproof, Scratch, and Impact Resistant: Shatterproof, scratch-resistant, and impact-resistant, highlighting its durability and ability to withstand various types of damage.
  • Durable & Lightweight: The SD-C7 lens is both durable and lightweight, making it comfortable to wear for extended periods without compromising on strength or resilience.
  • Advanced UV Resistance (100% UVA/UVB Protection): Advanced UV resistance, providing 100% UVA and UVB protection, ensuring that wearers' eyes are shielded from harmful ultraviolet rays, offering added eye protection in outdoor environments.
  • Polycarbonate Material: Polycarbonate is a type of thermoplastic polymer known for its lightweight nature and exceptional impact resistance. Sundog Eyewear's unique SD-C7 lens is a reliable choice for maintaining visual clarity and eye safety.

The SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens from Sundog Eyewear offers improved visual clarity and performance, along with shatterproof, scratch-resistant, and impact-resistant properties. It is designed to be durable, lightweight, and provide advanced UV protection, making it a reliable choice for various outdoor activities and everyday wear.

@GolfSpy_APH can this be pinned to the top of the thread or something? Great info that shouldn't get lost over time.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

20 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Not to give too many hints but these sunglasses amazing! And the headcover? Awesome touch!

Hey @Coulter, we're thrilled to hear it! 😎 👍 The excitement around the initial thoughts and unboxing videos has our office buzzing. While we aim to avoid introducing bias to our testers' experiences, we're more than happy to be as involved. Our lens technology certainly sets us apart and with over 40 years of experience, we are pleased to share what information we can.

Genuine Performance Sunglasses
See the Sundog Difference 😎

Sundog-banner.png.973a3c7013fe9524c00a8bdf31f41686.png

3 hours ago, Sundog Eyewear said:

Hi @William P, thanks for asking!! It appears there have been some inquiries and confusion regarding whether this is a hybrid or a sunglass case. Allow us to clarify: this is our brand new "Sunglass Driver Cover Case." Designed to resemble a headcover, it actually serves as a sunglass case. This product is so new that initially, we've only introduced it to our select few testers. However, within the next week, you can expect to find it on our website.

Our "TrueBlue Polarized PLUS" Collection will soon be included as standard with our Ambassador hard case. Additionally, the "Sunglass Driver Cover Case" will be available as an optional add-on at a reduced rate. This is in the works and the final offer will come out soon. You'll also find it featured in our accessories section as an add-on item. We've loved the initial feedback on the case so far. It is truly unique and a Sundog original!

Thank you for responding to my question. I look forward to availability in the coming week. I can assure you I will be ordering as soon as I find it on your site.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

I had the chance to do my first range session with these today. It was mostly sunny, but a few clouds here and there. 

The Genius with the Trueblue Polarized lens was amazing!  The clarity was awesome, but what I liked most about them was the slightly less tiny they seemed to have. The more I switched sunglasses throughout the session, the more I wanted to go back to the Trueblue Polarized because they had just enough tint to keep me from squinting but not too heavy where I began to lose clarity and edge fidelity on the ball and my surroundings. 

@Sundog Eyewear come to think of it, I think a tint scale with graphics of recommended activities for various tint levels would be awesome!  In my example, the Genius would be awesome for the course, but for a beach day I’d definitely want the slightly higher tint in the Propel model.  Just good for thought to help people make educated purchases. I’d actually be happy to help craft something like that if you’d want to collaborate. 

Long story short, the Trueblue Polarized are the real deal!  At half the retail price of my Oakleys with Prizm Polarized lenses, they are better in my opinion!   The fact that Golf Spies get an additional 25% off is AWESOME!!!

More testing to come…here are some pics of the various shades I compared today. 

IMG_9428.jpeg

IMG_9429.jpeg

IMG_9430.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

Edited by Jeff in the Mitten

Jeff D.

WITB:

After wearing both pair on the course yesterday I was impressed with both. I wore the polarized pair today while working. Those really keep the glare down, especially the crappy Ohio Valley gray skies we had most of the day. Back to testing.

Edited by injectedcutty
Edit

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

@Sundog Eyewear y'all are onto something with the OAR coating, and method for polarizing the lens. Still tough to view a phone screen, but that's normal. I sweat bad, these have to be the easiest to clean by far! 

Scott J

@injectedcutty I agree on the phone screen!  I actually think the polarizing is so good on these, that I thought I turned my phone off on accident the screen was so dark.  I'll take that one little thing though for the performance.  

Seriously, these might actually be the only sunglasses I'd wear for a full round of golf.  I'm just stunned by how good the balance is between clarity and tint.  It's supposed to rain a bunch the next few days here, so unfortunately won't get a good opportunity to test them for a round, but I'm hoping to ASAP to see if my predictions stand.  

I was ready to say these were just like other quality sunglasses, but just not for golfing.  However, it really seems like they've taken into account the needs from a true golfer's POV to create something that works on the course. 

Jeff D.

WITB:

18 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

I had the chance to do my first range session with these today. It was mostly sunny, but a few clouds here and there. 

The Genius with the Trueblue Polarized lens was amazing!  The clarity was awesome, but what I liked most about them was the slightly less tiny they seemed to have. The more I switched sunglasses throughout the session, the more I wanted to go back to the Trueblue Polarized because they had just enough tint to keep me from squinting but not too heavy where I began to lose clarity and edge fidelity on the ball and my surroundings. 

@Sundog Eyewear come to think of it, I think a tint scale with graphics of recommended activities for various tint levels would be awesome!  In my example, the Genius would be awesome for the course, but for a beach day I’d definitely want the slightly higher tint in the Propel model.  Just good for thought to help people make educated purchases. I’d actually be happy to help craft something like that if you’d want to collaborate. 

Long story short, the Trueblue Polarized are the real deal!  At half the retail price of my Oakleys with Prizm Polarized lenses, they are better in my opinion!   The fact that Golf Spies get an additional 25% off is AWESOME!!!

More testing to come…here are some pics of the various shades I compared today. 

IMG_9428.jpeg

IMG_9429.jpeg

IMG_9430.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

Hi @Jeff in the Mitten, looking sharp out on the range! The Genius and Propel models are looking good. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding lens colors and tints, and for comparing them to your other sunglasses. We have received similar input and are eager to expand our website's information when time allows. Here are some quick facts for you: our core lens offerings, from darkest to lightest, include Brown, Green, Grey, and Aurora. The term for how much light passes through the lens is luminous transmittance values, expressed as a percentage (ranging from about 15% to 30% on our lenses). Coatings or mirrors on lenses, such as those on the Propel model, can slightly affect this by up to a few percentage points.

We are committed to enhancing our website with more detailed information about lens colors, as each offers distinct benefits depending on light conditions and personal preference. Keep an eye out for updates!

17 hours ago, injectedcutty said:

@Sundog Eyewear y'all are onto something with the OAR coating, and method for polarizing the lens. Still tough to view a phone screen, but that's normal. I sweat bad, these have to be the easiest to clean by far! 

Hi @injectedcutty, love the videos! Thanks for sharing these. Happy Easter btw, hope you had a great weekend... looks like it since you are out on the course!

It's great to receive your feedback regarding the benefits of both Optical Anti-Reflective (OAR) coating and Polarization. The OAR coating truly shines out on the golf course, especially in bright, sunny conditions like those you experienced over the weekend. This coating is designed to optimize visibility and clarity by allowing more light to pass through the lens while minimizing reflections off its surface. So when you're out on the course, dealing with intense overhead sunlight, the OAR coating steps in to ensure you have a clear view of every shot.

In contrast, Polarized lenses are essential for shielding your eyes from horizontally polarized light, such as the glare off water, roads, or snow. While the OAR coating focuses on minimizing reflections from the lens surface, Polarized lenses excel at combating glare caused by external sources. Picture yourself on the fairway, facing a water hazard—the Polarized lenses keep the glare from the water at bay, while the OAR coating ensures that any reflections from your lenses themselves won't hinder your vision.

Combining both OAR coating and Polarization provides a comprehensive solution to glare-related challenges on the golf course. Whether it's overhead sunlight bouncing off your lenses or glare from water hazards affecting your view, having both technologies at play ensures you can focus on your game without distractions.

15 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

@injectedcutty I agree on the phone screen!  I actually think the polarizing is so good on these, that I thought I turned my phone off on accident the screen was so dark.  I'll take that one little thing though for the performance.  

Seriously, these might actually be the only sunglasses I'd wear for a full round of golf.  I'm just stunned by how good the balance is between clarity and tint.  It's supposed to rain a bunch the next few days here, so unfortunately won't get a good opportunity to test them for a round, but I'm hoping to ASAP to see if my predictions stand.  

I was ready to say these were just like other quality sunglasses, but just not for golfing.  However, it really seems like they've taken into account the needs from a true golfer's POV to create something that works on the course. 

Hi @injectedcutty and @Jeff in the Mitten,

Fantastic feedback on the phone screen aspect. Here are some insights into polarization from the technical perspective, which may be of interest. As discussed, our approach to manufacturing polarized lenses can truly distinguish us from competitors. By sandwiching the polarized film between two layers of polycarbonate lens material, we guarantee durability and achieve superior performance in our polarized lenses.

Here's how it works:

Compatibility with Phone Screens:

• When you view a polarized screen through polarized lenses, the orientation of the polarization in both the screen and the lenses can affect visibility. In some cases, this may cause the screen to appear dimmer or even completely blacked out when viewed through certain angles.

Quality of Polarized Lenses:

• Lower-quality polarized lenses may not be as effective at reducing glare or may have inconsistencies in polarization alignment, leading to uneven or distorted views.
  • Higher-quality polarized lenses are typically engineered to minimize these issues, providing clearer visibility and better performance, even when viewing polarized screens.

Adjusting Viewing Angle:

• If you experience difficulty viewing your phone screen with polarized lenses, adjusting the angle at which you hold the phone can sometimes help mitigate the issue.

A word of caution - exercise prudence when selecting polarized lenses for two critical reasons:

1. The alignment, material, and application of polarization can all have adverse effects on your vision.
  2. Be wary of TAC (Tri-Acetate Cellulose) lenses. Despite sunglasses being marketed as "Polarized" with a coating on the outer lens, the lens material itself can be a concern. We've engineered our SD-C7 Polycarbonate lens as the cornerstone material for all our sunglasses. It boasts durability, impact resistance, and superior quality. In contrast, TAC lenses are susceptible to scratching and lack durability. Some TAC lenses may even shatter upon impact. A telltale sign is if you apply pressure to the lens and it gives way, indicating it's TAC and best avoided!

Just an update. I have had a busy 3 days since receiving my sunglasses and haven’t been able to do anything more than drive around with more style than I am accustomed to lol for you lucky guys finding time to test these on the range and course just know I’m jealous and will be right behind you in the next week or so!

Edited by Coulter

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:14 AM, Sundog Eyewear said:

Hi @William P, thanks for asking!! It appears there have been some inquiries and confusion regarding whether this is a hybrid or a sunglass case. Allow us to clarify: this is our brand new "Sunglass Driver Cover Case." Designed to resemble a headcover, it actually serves as a sunglass case. This product is so new that initially, we've only introduced it to our select few testers. However, within the next week, you can expect to find it on our website.

Our "TrueBlue Polarized PLUS" Collection will soon be included as standard with our Ambassador hard case. Additionally, the "Sunglass Driver Cover Case" will be available as an optional add-on at a reduced rate. This is in the works and the final offer will come out soon. You'll also find it featured in our accessories section as an add-on item. We've loved the initial feedback on the case so far. It is truly unique and a Sundog original!

Waiting to order a pair of FRANKIE TRUEBLUE POLARIZED PLUS so I can get that head over case!!! 

Excited to compare these lenses to my Tifosi Vero Enliven Golf go-tos. 

E

49 minutes ago, Flerric said:

Waiting to order a pair of FRANKIE TRUEBLUE POLARIZED PLUS so I can get that head over case!!! 

@Flerric Thanks for the comment! We will be sure to make an announcement here once it is live on the site. Just waiting now for the shipment to arrive! I'd expect mid-next week, just in time for the masters! Fingers crossed 🤞Also excited to hear your thoughts on our lens vs. Tifosi. Please share your findings and tag us!

2 hours ago, Flerric said:

I have some Tifosi with the enliven lens that I got last year. I can honestly say the @Sundog Eyewearthat I'm testing are better so far! The Sundogs are more clear.

Scott J

10 minutes ago, injectedcutty said:

I have some Tifosi with the enliven lens that I got last year. I can honestly say the @Sundog Eyewearthat I'm testing are better so far! The Sundogs are more clear.

Any preference on the polarized vs non? 

I’ve had issues with depth perception using polarized, but not entirely convinced the tech was right for this application as the glasses were meant for water sports. 

I have 20/15 eyesight, so lens clarity is important to me. Makes me even more excited to order a pair. 

E

1 hour ago, Flerric said:

Any preference on the polarized vs non? 

I’ve had issues with depth perception using polarized, but not entirely convinced the tech was right for this application as the glasses were meant for water sports. 

I have 20/15 eyesight, so lens clarity is important to me. Makes me even more excited to order a pair. 

Tbh, the only issue I've noticed so far with the polarized sundogs is looking at screens. I changed the viewing angle which helped, but even looking at my TV was wonky. Everywhere else they are fine and I don't even realize they're polarized. When I say Sundogs did their homework, I mean that 100%. I have plenty of pairs of sunglasses that are both polarized and non, and so far the tech put into the pairs were testing is pretty kickass.

Scott J

I really like that clarity through the lenses in the first video!

Also, good music choice!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Finally got to take the propel sunglasses out on the course today for a quick 9! They did not disappoint!IMG_3339.jpeg.63166338c7f45072f8eec78002bfafd7.jpegIMG_3338.jpeg.7fdf2af5ff36f558316608a885f7d7db.jpeg