Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Putt to hole or spot on green

I just imagine the line the ball will take, like the putting lines in the old Tiger Woods games, and hit it like that. Works for me.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

From about 4’ and in I’m usually looking at a spot about 6 inches directly behind the hole. I used to convince myself there was too much break too often, leading to lip outs. Anything longer and I’m focused on first lining up (line) and then nothing but speed to leave it close if it doesn’t fall.

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

8 hours ago, MeyerBirdie said:

I have been putting to the hole and recently began selecting a spot on the line and had some great success. Anyone else got any tips. 

People see things differently…some people do better seeing where the ball will,enter the hole, some like to aim to a spot left or right if the hole, some like to aim at the apex, and some like to aim at a spot in front of the ball.    I like the spot in front of the ball because it is easier to aim my putter to something  that is closer.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I wear glasses and my depth perception is terrible so I usually pick a spot in front of the ball, try to roll over it and hope my line and feel are right. sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong --- that's golf for ya!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Putts within 5’ I’m similar to @matt_puttercup where I look for a line that goes through the cup. It also helps me with speed. On putts over 5’ I tend to look for a spot a few feet in front of the ball to set my line. On these putts I’m more focused on speed so that I’m stopping the ball within a couple of feet of the hole for an easy second putt 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

Under 5' I try to take the break out of it with a firm put to the back of the hole and hope I don't push or pull it! Longer puts I find a spot that is in the line, and gauge the speed. I definitely need a better (consistent) approach to distance, and a square putter face at impact.

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter