2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

19 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

Not that this reply pertains to golf but my grandmother lived in Glendale, Ca

Nice. It's probably changed a lot since she lived here. There are a lot of golf courses in the area.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

I played 9 holes after gc duties today. Decided that I would see how hitting from the orange tees would work out for me.

While I didn't gain any distance on my drives, I didn't lose much either.  Maybe 5-6 yards average? Which is pretty consistent from my previous rounds with the mindset ball. I managed to hit 5/9 fairways, and both greens on the par 3s.

Greenside spin... hmmm?.  Not sure what was going on, but it still would hop and rollout about 8-10 feet. And i had forgotten about that part from previous testing on the second hole. 100 yard wedge shot, back pin. Got decent loft, landed what i thought was soft, but still rolled off the backside. I doubled that hole after getting back on the green.

I did lose 1 ball though. 😔 9th hole, there is a wet marsh divide between the fairway and the green. My second shot, about 165, uphill green. I used a 5 wood. It came up just a yard short of the green, and bounced backwards and rolled into the muck. I ended shooting a 47.

As for the mindset part and those that font like the large graphic. I can suggest maybe marking your other balls in the dimples with the same color sharpies as the mindset colors, but in a line. Could probably still work as a reminder for you.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Played 18 with the Mindset ball today, keeping the same ball once again through all 18. My putting was just terrible today which was not the Mindset balls fault, the line I was reading still held true, but my distance control was really out of whack. I ended up shooting a 98 with a total of 39 putts which just ruined me. 

The ball did perform well off the tee, with my irons and with the wedges so I was very happy with the ball itself even though my round went south.

IMG20240430123816.jpg.aecf33c4ee706ac06a582e3e284459cc.jpg

IMG20240430142434.jpg.62d4d50d8bdfbef13afd3e7b3c0af390.jpg

IMG20240430142446.jpg.e3bb21011566fc8135cc4d2c9270ee48.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

For just the shotscope testers with a sub 90 swing speed
I'm without an ability to measure data and have a few requests when you begin.
Looking for carry numbers,  spin rates, distances,  and spin control. This is through the entire bag if possible please.
I am attempting to collide the info from these balls with my real course results. 

Thanks
Mine arrived yesterday, unfortunately a day after I headed home from vacay
Need to wait till Friday for my folks to bring em to me. Though it is supposed to snow like a mofo here all week

I'll get data from GC hawk, my driver SS is 100-105

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

Played the other day doing some ball testing. Played the front 9 with the Wilson Triad and the back 9 with the Bridgestone BX. Took the Bridgestones out of the sleeve and teed off on 10. Got to the green, marked my ball and noticed the paint was coming off the ball. Not sure if the paint came off when it landed in the rough or off the wedge shot but I checked the used ones I had in my bag and there was no scuffs whatsoever. Not sure if just an anomaly but this was in the same box as the other ones. Any of the testers/samplers notice this at all? IMG_2713.jpeg.fd15ce39e542cc16d06b27e4acc50034.jpeg

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Posted (edited)

Interesting that the paint is peeling from inside the dimples rather than the perimeter of the dimple. I have seen this yet during my evaluation of the ball. Seems to be a paint adhesion issue.

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Interesting that the paint is peeling from inside the dimples rather than the perimeter or the dimple. I have seen this yet during my evaluation of the ball. Seems to be a paint adhesion issue.

So far this I’d the only ball that has had this issue but something I’ll keep an eye out for

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

20 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

Played the other day doing some ball testing. Played the front 9 with the Wilson Triad and the back 9 with the Bridgestone BX. Took the Bridgestones out of the sleeve and teed off on 10. Got to the green, marked my ball and noticed the paint was coming off the ball. Not sure if the paint came off when it landed in the rough or off the wedge shot but I checked the used ones I had in my bag and there was no scuffs whatsoever. Not sure if just an anomaly but this was in the same box as the other ones. Any of the testers/samplers notice this at all? IMG_2713.jpeg.fd15ce39e542cc16d06b27e4acc50034.jpeg

I had the slight waffle effect from a wedge shot, but not a paint issue. That looks defective. 

Play like a champion today!

I've gotten a couple rounds in recently with the Tour BX mindset balls.  I've really tried experimenting with the mindset aspect of it. I have found that I definitely like it better with the arrow pointing back toward the club for some reason.

The mindset has really seemed to help my putting recently compared to several pervious rounds with other balls, but I haven't noticed the same performance advantages off the tee.

round1.png.c31703671e9ba809ac05a2d8c1fa52aa.pnground2.png.61f8a676ac29f93716fc7a0097f40053.png 

Strokes gained with other balls

previous.png.461c13965b43596cacd2a7c7c9374010.png

Jnr

Posted (edited)

Got another round in this week with the Bridgestone Tour BX ball.  I am still really trying to focus on the mindset process while playing with these balls.  I struggle with it some on the greens, especially after missing a putt, I sometimes rush up and just hit the next putt.  I thought about this a few times after missing a couple putts this round.

I still like the concept of the mindset routine and think it could eventually help my game.  I played ok, didn't score well due to some 3 putts and blew up on my nemesis hole #18.  Seems to be every week now!

aaa.png.6d38d03b5431d6ad334188ea2abb41c1.png

Driver was average all over the place, still don't see a lot of help from the mindset process

ap29fair.png.e44988ed8b53d3d8206013ed84a00a9d.png

Putting was not as good as previous rounds. I really think I rushed some putts and did not due the mindset process like I had planned

ap29putts.png.e5e70851f78aba7f49f3a4bdc5d2249e.png

I can't really judge the durability of these balls, because I am losing a sleeve a round! 

ap29strokes.png.6585e494c14529cca14f37b73b803043.png

Edited by unccross

Jnr

I finally got to get to try the mindset balls against the tour soft from titleist. I played the first 5 holes with the mindset balls and the last 4 with the titleist. The mindset balls worked great off the tee it kept me in the shot longer but from the fairways since I couldn't move the ball it was like any other ball. On the green where I can use the mindset markings I tried it on the practice green and it seemed OK but during the round I tried it and it made it look too confusing. After missing 2 putts using it I went back to using the line on the side and didn't miss a put. Off the driver the bridgestone is longer and straighter than the titleist.  Around the greens the bridgestone spins more and stops sooner than the titleist. They both feel the same off the putter. Like I said in another post I play this ball more often than the titleist because of the distance off the driver and spin on chip shots. The model I used was the tour BRX. I didn't have any issues with the ball scuffing or marking from use, I didn't hit a cart path or tree so we'll have to see if that happens what the ball looks like. I am playing this afternoon and I am going to use the mindset ball for all 9 holes. Play well everyone. 

Frank musolino 

Next batch of rounds completed.  3 rounds between Sunday and this morning, I am really liking the process (when I can focus enough to use it).  High's and lows from the rounds.

Highs-Driving has been more consistent and the ball feels great off the clubface.   

Around the green, chipping/pitching has been going really well also.  My up&down percentage is up 10 percent --@40% .  

More to do with my game than the ball or mindset has been approach and putting.  

Lows-  30 greens of 54 holes played.  The smother hook came back to visit today.... Lots of 2 putts, and it seems that the only 1 putts I can make at this point is to save par.  6 birdie chances yesterday, only converted 1.....

When I feel like I can REALLY apply the mindset, the game is good.

Practice this weekend and three rounds next week.

Happy golfing

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

8 hours ago, Big moose said:

I finally got to get to try the mindset balls against the tour soft from titleist. I played the first 5 holes with the mindset balls and the last 4 with the titleist. The mindset balls worked great off the tee it kept me in the shot longer but from the fairways since I couldn't move the ball it was like any other ball. On the green where I can use the mindset markings I tried it on the practice green and it seemed OK but during the round I tried it and it made it look too confusing. After missing 2 putts using it I went back to using the line on the side and didn't miss a put. Off the driver the bridgestone is longer and straighter than the titleist.  Around the greens the bridgestone spins more and stops sooner than the titleist. They both feel the same off the putter. Like I said in another post I play this ball more often than the titleist because of the distance off the driver and spin on chip shots. The model I used was the tour BRX. I didn't have any issues with the ball scuffing or marking from use, I didn't hit a cart path or tree so we'll have to see if that happens what the ball looks like. I am playing this afternoon and I am going to use the mindset ball for all 9 holes. Play well everyone. 

Have you adopted the process behind the mindset into your routine?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

19 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Have you adopted the process behind the mindset into your routine?

I have adopted the process and I identify my target and visualize the shot and focus on the dot. It has helped me on the tee but I don't like using it on the greens, the pattern is just too busy for me. I went back to using the line on the side. It has really helped with my driver, I only missed one fairway today. 

Frank musolino 

So I left the Mindset balls at home today and went back to the Maxfli Tour X balls and there were a few differences between the two to point out.

1) The Maxfli's definitely worked better with my Irons/Wedges than the Mindset balls have so far.

2) I had 5 more putts on the day with the Maxfli's than I had with the Mindsets, and I believe the alignment aid would have helped with at least a couple of those miss-putts. 

3) The Maxfli's seemed to have a little bit more carry distance off the tee than the Mindsets have, but not substantially.

4) The Maxfli ball that I played for the 18 needs to be retired compared to the Mindsets which I could easily take back out on the course. So the durability is definitely a win.

Overall it's very apples to oranges (yes you can compare the two since they are both fruit). The Maxfli's seem to be more consistent from Tee to landing on the green, but once on the green, I would have liked to have had the Mindsets out there to help with putting.

And if you're looking for value, the Mindsets most definitely hold theirs well so far.

WITB

Posted (edited)

Lost 2 “eyeballs” on the 1st hole. I never hit into the woods on the left side of the fairway, but today I did. Shot 45/40:85 with 3 pars on the front and 6 pars on the back. Played the ball down today so I could not align the mindset logo. That said, I had no issues envisioning the logo. The ball I am using is the BXS, getting really nice stopping on the greens. My Shot Scope died after 13 holes so I can’t use the round for stats. So far, I am enjoying the Mindset balls. 

Edited by fozcycle

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

46 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Lost 2 “eyeballs” on the 1st hole. I never het into the woods on the left side of the fairway, but today I did. Shot 45/40:85 with 3 pars on the front and 6 pars on the back. Played the ball down today so I could not align the mindset logo. That said, I had no issues envisioning the logo. The ball I am using is the BXS, getting really nice stopping on the greens. My Shot Scope died after 13 holes so I can’t use the round for stats. So far, I am enjoying the Mindset balls. 

Aren’t you able to finish the round manually after you get started?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

So I left the Mindset balls at home today and went back to the Maxfli Tour X balls and there were a few differences between the two to point out.
1) The Maxfli's definitely worked better with my Irons/Wedges than the Mindset balls have so far.
2) I had 5 more putts on the day with the Maxfli's than I had with the Mindsets, and I believe the alignment aid would have helped with at least a couple of those miss-putts. 
3) The Maxfli's seemed to have a little bit more carry distance off the tee than the Mindsets have, but not substantially.
4) The Maxfli ball that I played for the 18 needs to be retired compared to the Mindsets which I could easily take back out on the course. So the durability is definitely a win.
Overall it's very apples to oranges (yes you can compare the two since they are both fruit). The Maxfli's seem to be more consistent from Tee to landing on the green, but once on the green, I would have liked to have had the Mindsets out there to help with putting.
And if you're looking for value, the Mindsets most definitely hold theirs well so far.
The new maxflis with alignment arrow might be up your alley then

WITB: 

Finally got mine unboxed today (had to wait for my folks to bring em back).

Despite the fact I'm technically below 105mph swing speed, I've been fit for my ball previously (V1-X Left dash) I went with what I felt would be closest to the Prov 1/ Maxfli Tour that I've been using lately. I'm terrible with driver, and tend to underspin my irons (about 6000 with a 7i), and I don't mind a firmer ball.

Rolled a few putts today on the BirdieBall mat. It is quite soft off the putter, pleasantly so. Focusing on the green dot really seemed to help just let my muscle memory take over, and prevent me from thinking mechanics during play. ad130849d1fbd4615d182746c21b83c3.jpg39c6157c759660399491b9618fd649d5.jpg

WITB: 

28 minutes ago, Timberwolfmadcat said:

The new maxflis with alignment arrow might be up your alley then emoji848.png

Thank you for the reminder! I still have a couple of sleeves with the alignment arrow on them that I forgot about until you brought it up, definitely would've been a better full comparison. I'll take a couple of each ball and compare them front 9 to back 9 next time out for sure. 

WITB

image.png

Got a message from Bridgestone - Next run of sampling is heading out. That is a lot of golf balls! 

Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to the 300+ that are going to get golf balls to test and try out! There were nearly 1500 total responses and 500 total of those will have received golf balls!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Whoo-hoo!!! My 2 doz have finally arrived! Although in full disclosure, the last week has been on me as I had to travel away from my home mail drop until today. But I have them now and I plan on salt-water balancing at least a doz and give them all a once-over. Hopefully weather doesn't golf-block me (admit it, you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?? 🤔) as rain is predominately featured in this week's forecast.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

1 hour ago, MIGregB said:

Whoo-hoo!!! My 2 doz have finally arrived! Although in full disclosure, the last week has been on me as I had to travel away from my home mail drop until today. But I have them now and I plan on salt-water balancing at least a doz and give them all a once-over. Hopefully weather doesn't golf-block me (admit it, you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?? 🤔) as rain is predominately featured in this week's forecast.

Mine arrived this week too and am working on getting my first post put together. Just been crazy busy with planning a celebration of life service and bogged down with rainy weather. Excited to get this test up and running. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Frost delay this morning so I could only get 12 holes in. Here's my first impressions.

I'm about a 2-3 HDCP and already implement a bunch (or at least I thought I did) of the steps for mindset. Inside voice was expecting very little tangible results, but interested to see if there was any side benefits with alignment or ball performance I could glean from this testing opportunity. Moral of story, had zero expectations.

Ball performance before we get to the mindset. Distances, flight window, etc all basically spot on with a pro v1. I play a ton on GC Hawk in the winter so know my numbers quite well. Everything carried about what I expected and spin seemed fine on irons/wedges. It was a little wet this morning but as it dried out spin seemed to respond accordingly. Distance off driver was "lower" today but I also hit giant wipy cuts off every tee with a new driver head so no 5 yard drop off from my standard driver. 5/5 for performance. Durability wise I clocked a couple trees (see photos) but honestly I've seen prov's and maxflis ding the same. I hit another tree on hole 2 and there wasn't even a mark Cost of having a soft cover and greenside control I suppose. I'll get some hard spin, ballspeed, etc numbers next week when I'm at the sim/launch monitor but initial thoughts are its as good as anything on the market in the premium category.

Mindset preliminary thoughts/review:

Again, I was not expecting a lot from mindset. I did rotate the ball so it was visible on every shot just to be fair on evaluation vs a standard ball

Hole#1 at this course is brutal, I play about 40-59 rounds a year, hit fairway twice last year. Envisioned a cut off the left trees and then actually executed Middle of fairway. I then proceeded to yank my next shot way left, hit an ok chip but forgot I was back home in slow greens and not in Cali at PGA west rolling at 11-12 on the stimp 20' putt, which I aligned visualized and then promptly drained.

Off the tee, I noticed considerable improvement in direction and fairways. More importantly the miss went to better spots and I was able to recover. I hit a terrible tee shot like 60 yards OB on hole #6, but that one was on me not on mindset. I did not align it to where I wanted it aimed off the tee as I found it really distracting. I rotated it 90 degrees, as I normally pick a spot 6-12" in front of my ball for alignment.

Iron play - I found it a little weird/difficult to do the last part, as focussing on one spot on the ball had mixed results. Though visualizing every single shot was something I thought I did, I can note that in actuality I tend to turn my brain off and just "swing" without any particular plan on about 50% of my shots as I was constantly like...man...I don't actually visualize the shot, I just aim and make a swing.

Chipping/Around the green - I tried looking at the dot but after I uncharacteristically hit a chunky wedge on a simple bump and run I decided that focusing on the dot is not for me. I like to work off "feel" on stuff around the green and focus on my body motion. That said still following the process if identifying and visualizing was a nice reminder. 73% up and downs (those are numbers that reflect typically when I'm chipping well) seems to indicate some assistance in that regard too.

Putting - This is where I saw immediate massive improvement, to the tune of OMG I'm normally a pretty good putter (27 or so putts/Rd), but this was a whole other level. Anything I read line on right went in. I hit everything on line (minus 1 putt on hole 6 where I ob'd the drive) where I did not consciously focus on the dot and tried to guide the putt in. Focusing on the dot really helped me just "muscle memory" my putting stroke and solidified this is going to be my go to method during play without a doubt even with other balls. 3 putts less "per round" is quantifiable improvement. This is a game changer on the putting front for sure. I'd like to suggest Bridgestone cg balance the ball on the mindset logo (similar to what maxfli does) to really give the best/purest roll.

My original thoughts were "cool gimmick" now I'm thinking there may be legitimate science and results behind this. To the tune I'm kinda annoyed I got 5 dozen maxflis . I struggle on this course to break 80, if you discount my horrendous tee shot triple on 6 I think I still would have been flirting with a 76-77....which second round out at home course after winter with some rust makes me really excited. Any questions, feel free to askcd8813080008b506f5fada613e7725bd.jpgd1577d2d31a4d01f62d82bfd4422542b.jpg65a0ac8297b8777f0b2769c272dd1eb1.jpgbe6d84f7204d8c6b3804d3d3174a87cd.jpg8a038074f4344bc38a018091f72c19ea.jpg

WITB: 

Played another round with the Mindset ball today. I've mentioned above that I really like using it on tee shots. It helps ensure that my alignment is accurate and I can focus on just making clean contact with the green dot in mind.

I've started using it more on lag putts as well and have found a similar benefit. Those putts are more about feel and speed than staying on the right line and I believe using the Mindset in those situations helps me. I'm able to block out external factors and just focus on having good speed and making good contact with the green dot.

Where has the Mindset helped you the most on the course? 

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

We're Supposed to play 5 times this week but with all the rain predicted I'll be lucky to get 2 days in. Next time I play I'm going to compare a prov to the mindset ball. I really like markings on the ball off the tee, I tried it putting but I don't like it, its too much to look at I would rather just use the line on the side of the ball. 

Frank musolino 

Just getting over Covid, which has kept me off the course since April 25th. Still feeling a little weak, so with all the rain and the expectation that it will be CPO tomorrow, I think Tuesday may be my first day back on the course and testing the Mindset process. I have removed all other balls from my bag, so any Shot Scope data accumulated won't be tainted by my throwing another ball into play. Really looking forward to getting started!

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

Just getting over Covid, which has kept me off the course since April 25th. Still feeling a little weak, so with all the rain and the expectation that it will be CPO tomorrow, I think Tuesday may be my first day back on the course and testing the Mindset process. I have removed all other balls from my bag, so any Shot Scope data accumulated won't be tainted by my throwing another ball into play. Really looking forward to getting started!

Glad you are on the recovery train!