Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

Second round (well, 9 holes) with the 1.1 ball from my Tour B RX dozen.  It survived!   Previously, I played 18 with this ball over the weekend and it went well.  A few scuffs from the first round, and I think MGS would say toss it, but we have developed a relationship.  We might start taking selfies.

Tuesday was my league night.  Nine holes on my home course, lift and place, generally an easy round.  That said, it was the best round (9 holes) of the year for me.  I was three strokes below my league index.  Championship!

Again, I have been taking lessons, and working on my game, so I can't give all credit to the Mind Set balls.

That said, I like the process.  To review:

Picking a target seems obvious, but it's not.  Take your time, pick a target.

Visualizing is the hardest part.  Not sure how we do that.  Any tips?  Eyes closed?  Picture the swing?  Picture the result?  First person?  Third person?  Gah!

And focusing on the green dot:  not always visible.  But pick a spot and concentrate on that.  Quiets the cacophony in your head.  It really seems to work.  Best part of this ball. 

Again, another green dot etc. to visualize on the ball would help.  

Someone asked if we use the Mind Set logo for an alignment aid.  I don't.  I am not an alignment aid kind of guy.  I view putting as more of an art more than a science.

That said, so far, I am a believer.  Still on ball 1.1, so we will see.  I have been a student of 'ready golf' and playing fast, so taking a minute to slow down has been helpful.  Looking forward to holes 28-46 with ball 1.1 this weekend. 

I don't really have any notes on the balls distance, spin, etc., I am more interested in the Mind Set (tm) system.

On to Cincinatti.

Lefty.  Calloway woods.  Taylor Made Irons. Will play in snow. 

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! I did the test and it was suggested that I use a Bridgestone E12, which I have played and enjoyed. So I assumed I would not be testing. Imagine my surprise when I got a beautiful box of Bridgestone Rx mindset balls last weekend! They came on Saturday after I had already played and Sunday I had to work. First chance to play was on Monday. I am 71 yrs old and my handicap is a 12.4. Learned to golf in my 40's, but having my own business to run made it difficult to play as much as I would have liked. I retired 6 years ago so now I play nearly everyday weather permitting. I live in northern Wisconsin so that's about a 6 month season. Also play a few times a week in the simulator over the winter. Last summer I started using a Callaway Reva ERC ball which I really like. In the sim I use a Titleist Pro V1 with the chip. I like that ball too but for some reason I don't care for the Pro V1's on the course outside. 

So the weather here has been cold, rainy and windy. Average temps maybe high 40's, 20 mph winds off the Great Lake! Not very conducive to golfing. But I have played a couple of rounds with the ball. I have also been trying to cure my over the top swing and just got a new driver, so I can't say too much about the ball flight for me yet, but when I hit it correctly, I love the feel of it and it goes somewhat farther than my Reva. Chipping feels really good and I love it for putting. The very first hole I putted with it I drained about 30 footer for par, and on the next hole another 30 footer for birdie!

I am looking forward to some nice weather next week with temps in the 60's so I will update after some of those rounds! Thank you to Bridgestone and My Golf Spy for this opportunity!

5/21 update Still crappy, rainy weather and have only been able to play a few times. I am loving the way this ball chips and putts. I do use the dot and arrow for lining up my putts and so far so good. I also use the dot to remind me to line up the center of my club face which always looks a little wrong to my eye. Makes me hit the center of the club more often. Will try to update after the weather breaks!

Edited by BarbE
updated

Driver Taylormade Stealth

Fairway woods/hybrids  Taylormade Sims

Wedges Vokey 54, 50, 46

Putter Odyssey

2 hours ago, HairNet said:

Agree with the visualizing part of the process.  Not sure what I am supposed to do there.

For me, the logo is just a visual cue to implement the 3 step mindset process in my head. Once I began IVF on every shot the logo ALMOST becomes irrelevant.  I say almost, because of I see any part of it, it reminds me quickly to think about the shot.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

With a course handicap of 10 from the gold tees at my home course, one might expect a double bogie or two in a round.  In fact, for the eight rounds before I put the Bridgestone Mindset ball and philosophy in play, I was averaging 2.65 double bogies a round.   Since putting the Mindset ball in play, minus the two rounds immediately after being food poisoned, loosing 10 pounds and being very weak, I averaged 0.75 double bogies per round or just about two less per round.  In total, I had 54 straight holes without a double bogie.  That string was halted today when I hit a layup shot too well into a bunker guarding the front of the green.

This past Tuesday I played 18 holes with one of our assistant pros.  We played his team tonight in bocce and he commented how consistent my game is.  In the end, I have to say that the Mindset process steps have helped me with being more consistent and reducing the chance of turning a bogie into a double.    

So far, so good.  I'll be keeping them in play for the next two weeks or so to see if the trends stay true and hold up.  Fingers crossed!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Thank you to Bridgestone Golf and My Golf Spy for the opportunity to test these golf balls. I was suggested to get the Tour B RXS based on the Bridgestone ball selection guide. I currently play the Titleist Pro V1. 

I played my first round with the Tour B RXS at Harborside International Golf Course on the picturesque south side of Chicago. It was built on top of an old garbage dump, which is fitting because I'm trying to play a decent round on top of the garbage dump I call my golf game. 

My initial thoughts of the ball were that it looks and feels like a premium ball. The packaging looks nice and I would think it would attract attention on the shelf of a golf shop. I think there is plenty of information included on the packaging to explain the MindSet aspect of the balls. 

I felt that the ball performed similarly to how the Pro V1 usually performs for me. It was long off the tee. My average drives are between 265-275. yards,  I hit many drives in this range, but my long drive of the day was 294 yards. I hit 6/14 fairways which is maybe slightly higher than normal for me. I think the ball performed well around the green and had adequate spin to help give me control. My two shots out of the sand were great. The aspect I liked the most about the ball was the putting. It felt great coming off my putter and I liked using the MindSet image for alignment. 

Overall I definitely liked the Tour B RXS and with it being cheaper than the Pro V1 I could see it making its way into my bag. That being said, I think the real reason for this review is for the MindSet aspect of the ball. I feel like this part is a bit gimmicky. I tried to use it as intended, but I just don't feel like it helped much. I don't think it helped (or hurt) my game. The only place I can say that it may have helped a little is with putting. I think it may have helped me slow down a little and focus on the putt. I don't think that MindSet alone would be enough to get me to switch. I think if both balls were the same price it might be harder to get me to switch. 

I will continue to try these balls out over my next few rounds and will report back anything else that I come across with these balls. 

Fire!

2 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

With a course handicap of 10 from the gold tees at my home course, one might expect a double bogie or two in a round.  In fact, for the eight rounds before I put the Bridgestone Mindset ball and philosophy in play, I was averaging 2.65 double bogies a round.   Since putting the Mindset ball in play, minus the two rounds immediately after being food poisoned, loosing 10 pounds and being very weak, I averaged 0.75 double bogies per round or just about two less per round.  In total, I had 54 straight holes without a double bogie.  That string was halted today when I hit a layup shot too well into a bunker guarding the front of the green.

This past Tuesday I played 18 holes with one of our assistant pros.  We played his team tonight in bocce and he commented how consistent my game is.  In the end, I have to say that the Mindset process steps have helped me with being more consistent and reducing the chance of turning a bogie into a double.    

So far, so good.  I'll be keeping them in play for the next two weeks or so to see if the trends stay true and hold up.  Fingers crossed!

Do you think it is the ball or the concept in general. Meaning, see the shot, feel the movement to hit the shot, step in and execute.

Play like a champion today!

Did anyone who applied for the second go-round get notified that they were going to get to test prior to receiving balls? Just curious since the other thread was closed and everyone seems to be posting in here now.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Did anyone who applied for the second go-round get notified that they were going to get to test prior to receiving balls? Just curious since the other thread was closed and everyone seems to be posting in here now.

No notification was going out as there was 1400 plus ppl that applied and only 300+ that were getting them from the second go around.

The other thread was for the sign up up and we want to have the discussion surrounding the golf balls here.

Pretty sure you were one of those who got them, but don't have a timetable on when they will arrive for all.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

No. They just showed up on my door step the other day. Was a nice surprise when I came home.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:04 PM, 2puttbogey said:

Wouldn’t the concept only be good for tee shots? I suppose it could be done for putting too, but many, including myself, already use a line or have a routine. 

I remember watching Jason Day at the Masters and on each shot you would see him purposely close his eyes like he was seeing the shot before making it.  Just as you note golfers do on their putts, they see the break, see the line to take, align to the line, and putt into the cup…by extension Bridgestone is offering the visual cues to do the same on each shot “whether we see the ‘green dot’ on the ball or not…I’ve found it very easy to incorporate in my overall preshot routine…it just means when the ball is not on the tee or green, I have to see the “dot” (dimple) where I need to strike the ball.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

1 hour ago, Lefty11 said:

I wish it was available to try in Canada.  I’m certainly interested in it as I’ve played Bridgestone balls in the past.  

If shipping and import fees wasn't more than the balls themselves cost, I would send you 2 sleeves bud! 😬

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

8 hours ago, Javs said:

Do you think it is the ball or the concept in general. Meaning, see the shot, feel the movement to hit the shot, step in and execute.

@Javs, that's a great question.  As I've said before, there's a difference between causation and correlation.   Am I on a consistent hot streak that coincided with the Bridgestone ball or because of it?  "Proving" the Mindset approach really make a difference is what I think the Bridgestone/Shot Scope is trying to prove (or disprove) with data.

For me personally, I basically had two elements of the Mindset approach in my pre-shot routine:  identify the target and focus.  However, the two elements that I think that has helped me is consistently applying the visualization step and emptying my mind between the various steps.  The visualization step helps me commit to the target line by "seeing' my typical ball flight toward my targe and make me feel a bit more confident that I can hit that line. 

I think the biggest addition of the Mindset process for me is the subtraction of "noise" as I proceed through the steps.  When I start from behind the ball, I empty my mind of swing thoughts.  Once I identify my target, I forget it.   Once I visualize the ball flight, I forget it.  Then I step up to the ball, take a practice swing and only focus on the green dot.  No worrying about OB.  No worrying about hazards.  Just focus on hitting the ball.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

If shipping and import fees wasn't more than the balls themselves cost, I would send you 2 sleeves bud! 😬

I know you would!  Thanks!😀

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golf2Much said:

....As I've said before, there's a difference between causation and correlation.   Am I on a consistent hot streak that coincided with the Bridgestone ball or because of it?  "Proving" the Mindset approach really make a difference is what I think the Bridgestone/Shot Scope is trying to prove (or disprove) with data.....

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, my play is on the other side of the question. It would be grossly unfair to blame the Bridgestone ball, or Mindset in particular, for my current crappy, inconsistent play. That's probably a major reason why the OP wanted 10+ rounds of Shot Scope data for the test. But after my round yesterday, my opinion hasn't changed. And, in fact, it has solidified a bit. The Mindset process is important and something every golfer should incorporate. But the mechanism they use, their logo, is take-it-or-leave-it. It's fine for me on tee shots, but I've come to dislike it when putting. Maybe it's because I've used a line/model name for so long that the much larger logo is distracting. But at this point in my test, I'm not a fan.

From a ball performance standpoint, the RXS just does not perform off the driver for me like my gamers, but it works just fine on approach shots into the green. And I feel that I know this because after a frustrating front 9 yesterday with the Bridgestones, I switched to the -ProV1 X and gained a good 10+ yards on my good tee shots (my playing partners noticed, too!). That barely helped my score, though, with continued inconsistent play. And that leads me to believe that I'm the much bigger factor here, not Mindset. It's entirely possible that another Bridgestone Tour model would work better for me off the tee, but the RXS is the model their ball fitting tool recommended so that's the one I'm using. 

Edited by MIGregB

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

Hit the simulator today. As much as I focused on my drives making a beautiful draw per step 2, they still faded and sliced. More to do with my swing I imagine. 

The process is interesting since I didn't do those 3 steps usually, or I did in my head (other than to visualize the ball path). But to stop and think about everything, then imagine the ball path, and then swing - is a nice thing to incorporate into my game - Mindset or no mindset ball. Not sure the ball matters taking the time to do the 3 steps, but the mark on the ball does remind me to take the time to focus.

I tried placing the bullseye in different positions, and finally settled on the green dot on top of the ball with the arrow pointed in the direction I want my club path to go. I actually found this very helpful - as an out-to-in swing creeps into my swing and I want an in-to-out swing. The red lines (and I guess the 3 circles) gives me a nice visual.

As for ball performance. Slice or no slice on the drives, this ball had some ooomph. I was getting numbers consistently farther than normal. With drives (when I hit them fairly straight) sometimes approaching 10 extra yards. Extra yardage also showed up on 6I and 9I shots as well.

Sunday I will be playing 18 with the ball.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

Added note. rewatched the Bridgestone video, and I did not do as good a job on step 3.  supposed to clear my head and just focus on the ball and swing.  I was still going thru swing thoughts before I hit.  So need to improve on that.

On 5/11/2024 at 8:33 PM, Jake Fairbanks said:

Very excited to be part of this testing. This will be my first official side-by-side comparison, but I have a feeling I won’t be comparing for long. The Bridgestone Tour B RX will be the first premium ball I have ever played, and I’ll be comparing it to the Wilson DUO Soft+. I’m going to start by reviewing performance on my local 9-hole Par-3 course, and I’ll get to driver further on.

Cheers!

image.jpg

Got out to play a par-3 league yesterday and shot my best score ever. With the handicap system they use I shot a 6-over, net even par. This ball is awesome! The cover is pretty soft but took less of a beating overall than the DUO Soft+ does. Granted, I had no bunker shots, but it still had a few marks by the end of the nine holes. The actual mindset part of the ball is interesting. It did make me pause a few times, and when I didn't take the right amount of time to think about a shot is when I hit the poorest shots. So, I think there's something to the idea for sure. There are a few cover defects to be aware of, but, again, still seems like less than other none-premium golf balls.

More to come: Playing a 3100 yard 9-hole round this evening

Fore right!!!

Played 9 this morning. Have been using the Mindset BRX for a number of rounds.  The Bridgestone ball itself continues to be excellent for my game.  Relatively low spin off the driver, nice spin on short irons and a good feel off the putter.  What has really improved my game is the Mindset graphic. It has made me focus on each shot.  I rarely come out of the shot now when in the past it was quite common.

I tried an experiment today and created my own “Mindset “ graphic on my usual gamer, Oncor Elixr. Performance wise I find the balls equal, excellent. I do not find any performance differences.  The graphic has been as successful in keeping me in my shots.  Shot 41.  Season low. 

IMG_1624.jpeg

Driver: Callaway Paradym X Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym X Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

5 and 7 wood Paradym X Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

30 minutes ago, MajorCavalry said:

Played 9 this morning. Have been using the Mindset BRX for a number of rounds.  The Bridgestone ball itself continues to be excellent for my game.  Relatively low spin off the driver, nice spin on short irons and a good feel off the putter.  What has really improved my game is the Mindset graphic. It has made me focus on each shot.  I rarely come out of the shot now when in the past it was quite common.

I tried an experiment today and created my own “Mindset “ graphic on my usual gamer, Oncor Elixr. Performance wise I find the balls equal, excellent. I do not find any performance differences.  The graphic has been as successful in keeping me in my shots.  Shot 41.  Season low. 

IMG_1624.jpeg

Love that you are matching the color scheme too @MajorCavalry! How much you selling a dozen for?

Love that you are matching the color scheme too @MajorCavalry! How much you selling a dozen for?

LOL. If you have to ask, you probably can’t afford it.

Driver: Callaway Paradym X Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym X Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

5 and 7 wood Paradym X Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For everyone in this test - Want to be part of a feature article on Monday? Send me or post some great feature photos (in landscape) and have the potential to see them as part of the feature article Monday!

Don't have any in landscape, will see if I can get some this weekend

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Will these work?

20240508_185116.jpg.51ab9be323ce7a4b77615809f086ba0f.jpg

20240517_215858.jpg.cca875aa5ff9ed674188b697c9b33d42.jpg

Bridgestone Mindset Tour B RX

Let me start by saying that I’m grateful for the opportunity to test these balls, thank you Bridgestone and MGS!

IMG_1492.jpeg.422a01716e1018ef9c7aee2cff813024.jpeg  I’m 61, somewhat experienced having played golf since my early 20’s with a few year breaks here and there. Since I retired a couple years ago I’ve been putting a lot of effort into getting better at the sport. ( a work in progress!) Currently my index is 14 with a mid 90’s driver club head speed for reference. Choosing a ball to use regularly has been part of my journey this year and this test came along at a great time for me. Kentucky in the spring can be challenging sometimes for us golfers that like to get out to the course or range 2-3 times a week with some amazing weather mixed with cold, storms, and lots of rain. But hey, they always say if you don’t like the weather in Ky, stick around a few minutes…it’ll change! I suppose the varied conditions are great for testing golf balls though since I’ve played these balls on warm days, cool days, wet days, and in howling winds already. I wanted to hold off on my review until I had played at least 5 rounds with the ball to get a good feel for it. I’ve also been playing the TaylorMade Tour Response and Callaway ERC during this time and previously tried out a couple of different Maxfli balls along with the Pro V1, so that’s my comparison models. Just for reference, I found the Maxfli Tour CG and the Titleist Pro V1 to be fantastic when struck perfectly, a little unforgiving when miss hit, and maybe a little too firm feeling for my preference. I have really enjoyed the TaylorMade Tour Response and The Callaway ERC as they seem to fit my swing speed , feel good off the club, and allow a little more forgiveness. This is the competition that the Mindset is going up against.

I have now completed my 5 rounds with the Bridgestone B RX Mindset and these are my impressions of this golf ball. The ball looks and feels good out of the box. No flaws, good finish, with quality befitting a premium ball. The alignment tool (line with arrows) is small, almost as if an afterthought or added just to satisfy the requirement while maybe encouraging you to use the Mindset markings for alignment instead?

IMG_1493.jpeg.792a928ca740b67a9deb0110d4b09114.jpeg

I don’t know, having both feels like a compromise instead of going all in on the Mindset markings ala something like the Stripe on the TaylorMade or Triple Track/Fade on Callaway. Personally, I like using the arrow on the Mindset marking for alignment when Teeing off, but not a fan of it when putting. The ball is easy to identify on the course as I haven’t yet met anyone else playing it, but I’m sure that will change! Performance wise, it’s solid. Maybe a tad firmer feeling than the Callaway ERC and TaylorMade Tour Response but not a lot, and a little bit more “clicky”. The ball feels good off the putter, is forgiving off the tee, and seems to be acceptably durable. The two balls pictured have at least 36 holes on them with only a few surface scuffs. ( the 3rd ball in the sleeve was donated to the woods somewhere at Juniper Hills!)

IMG_1491.jpeg.0a06c2b3a7b80ad04eec43298fddc877.jpeg

Addressing the Mindset concept…I can appreciate developing a routine that includes the idea of focusing your concentration on a single point and using the arrow to align off the tee, but honestly the Mindset marking is useless and actually somewhat distracting afterwards.  You can’t pick up the ball and align the dot in the fairway, and if it’s visible but not accidentally aligned it’s a distraction.  On the green, if you use the Mindset dot as intended then the actual alignment tool is on the other side off the ball. Confusing and not my favorite.

IMG_1494.jpeg.303db8b782ddeb0ff2ae081d234a12b2.jpeg

To summarize my review of the Bridgestone Mindset Tour B RX golf ball, I would say that this is a solid entry, a good performing ball on the course that is durable and looks premium but doesn’t really offer anything that makes it stand out. The Mindset concept is useful on the tee, but that’s about it. The fact that I broke 80 for the first time this year using this ball doesn’t change my mind as it won’t be replacing my current ball. Thanks for reading my review, I hope it helps!

TaylorMade irons:taylormade-small:

Ping Driver and fairways :ping-small:

Cleveland wedges:cleveland-small:

Cleveland putter:cleveland-small:

Got my RX bridgestone's and love them.  They feel great off the driver.  The spin is similar to an AVX.  I'm liking the alignment eye.  My course now has sanded greens so hard to tell about putting and chipping.  They definitely go farther off the my PXG gen5 0311.  They have a similar color to the old pro v1.  The cover has hit a couple of cart paths and is still looking great.  So far so good.  So glad I got these balls.  Thank you.

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

Posted (edited)

Received my Bridgestone balls for the test today and looking forward to getting to test these out!  Thanks!

Follow Up Review:

My initial impression after three rounds with the Tour B X balls is a solid thumbs up!  I like the feel and distance I am getting off the tee and feel off my putter is very good too.  I was initially a little skeptical about these balls but I’ve grown to like them.  The markings on the ball do not bother me on the tee or on the green, but they seem a little distracting in the fairway or in positions where you cannot move your ball.  The Tour B X ball seems a bit more durable than the ProV1 and that’s a plus too. The price point is fair and has me considering changing from the more expensive ProV1 that I’ve been playing for years.  I intend on grabbing a few more sleeves of these to continue my consideration to a change.  So overall I would give these balls a solid thumbs up and would recommend to a friend!

Edited by Bondo
Follow up recommendation

X

Love that you are matching the color scheme too [mention=119821]MajorCavalry[/mention]! How much you selling a dozen for?
LOL. If you have to ask, you probably can’t afford it.
I'm disappointed, colors don't really come thru off the mlm2pro this woulda been a cool one6e6bf2826d8e50816c9562939fbf46b7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

26f7929bbfd6f5234fe87f6d1453f2d2.jpg

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, my play is on the other side of the question. It would be grossly unfair to blame the Bridgestone ball, or Mindset in particular, for my current crappy, inconsistent play. That's probably a major reason why the OP wanted 10+ rounds of Shot Scope data for the test. But after my round yesterday, my opinion hasn't changed. And, in fact, it has solidified a bit. The Mindset process is important and something every golfer should incorporate. But the mechanism they use, their logo, is take-it-or-leave-it. It's fine for me on tee shots, but I've come to dislike it when putting. Maybe it's because I've used a line/model name for so long that the much larger logo is distracting. But at this point in my test, I'm not a fan.
From a ball performance standpoint, the RXS just does not perform off the driver for me like my gamers, but it works just fine on approach shots into the green. And I feel that I know this because after a frustrating front 9 yesterday with the Bridgestones, I switched to the -ProV1 X and gained a good 10+ yards on my good tee shots (my playing partners noticed, too!). That barely helped my score, though, with continued inconsistent play. And that leads me to believe that I'm the much bigger factor here, not Mindset. It's entirely possible that another Bridgestone Tour model would work better for me off the tee, but the RXS is the model their ball fitting tool recommended so that's the one I'm using. 
The Tour BX is a closer profile to the V1X-Left Dash. Their ball selector tool woulda have put me in the wrong profile as well. The Tour BX I have is as long as the V1X Left dash I play, negligibly different vs quality of strike.

WITB: 

Part 1 of recent 2 rounds
So my first round at the nicer and more "forgiving" golf course in town. Plays just shy of 7000 from tips, par 71. I shot 80, should have easily been a 75 and honestly the mindset may have caused me some issues today. Uncharacteristically bad approach shots, struggles with contact, etc. Now I preface this with I've been working on some new swing feels in my biweekly lessons and trying to nail that feeling, while trying to visualize shots pre-execution made my brain think too much while trying to play.

This is the first round with mindset that I played what I would deem poorly. A majority of it from short range (though hitting bunker on 7/9 holes on the front 9 really did not help my cause). A lot of good drives, but then poor approach shots...from either fairway or good lies. Chilli dipped a wedge on the par 5 from 70 yards out into the bunker, something I haven't done in probably a solid year and a half. Also chunked a 9i on the 12th from 140yards out that resulted in a double...again...something I haven't done in almost two years.

The Bridgestone Tour BX is definitely not as much greenside spin out of sand as the v1/V1x/maxfli tour I typically play. I hit two what I would deem perfect bunker shots that should have stopped on a dime and they rolled out 15 feet or so.

Driver distance - On par/possibly slightly longer than my normal ball. That said speed training has upped my club head speed about 3-4mph so I'd be willing to call it a wash with the Bridgestone. It's as long as anything you can buy. Surprisingly soft too, it was chilly this morning (~6C) and the ball didn't feel like a Nike One Black off the face

Irons - Noticeably less stopping power, hit a high 9i on hole #8 that generally stops in 3' or less. Got up to the green and it rolled out about 10-12'. Grateful it did as it left me a 5' birdie putt butttttt

Wedges - Ya I put er through the paces today with hitting greenside bunkers on about 11 holes. Granted two of those were semi intentional on the par 5s, but as noted above I definitely saw way less spin out of the sand than I typically do... especially on well hit/struck shots.

Mindset - As I noted above, I really found it almost overwhelming today and struggled to do 4 million things prior to hitting the ball. I again cannot argue with the results off the tee, that was hitting way more fairways on holes that I typically struggle to. I see the benefit of the tee for sure. But if you are working on something else at the same time, I think you will find the process a little overwhelming at times. Sometimes you just need to get out and "play" and feel certain things in your swing.42b9a40a81b6e9a9d40f44fd5d968b0b.jpgb8a305cc538cfad28cb91b84f619b370.jpge2a6850de8fa3ab5f6717357370d790e.jpga05898a85f05923776a5fd7afc7972a2.jpg

WITB: