MGS VCT Flights!

10 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

The sign ups for the VCT Year End Stapleford Tournament are going strong.  So far, we have 26.  @Josh Parker, @Golf2Much, @cnosil, @Placasse61, @Javs, @Preeway, @dback, @Prodigal Duffer, @Rico_de_Gallo@GolfSpy_BNG, @CFreddie, @rkj427, @frazzman80, @Fairwayguy2, @SDunne, @William P, @Syks7, @Mr. Mushball, @Northern Monkey, @tw1ns, @GolfSpy_BEN, @IndyBonzo, @RajMahal and @Randall Robbins.

If I missed someone, please comment on this thread or send me a message.  If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time.

We'll keep tournament registration open through Sunday, October 6th.  Tournament rounds can be played starting October 7th. 

There's no need to figure out your Stapleford scoring.  We'll be using the VCT handicap indexes to calculate your course handicap depending on the course and tee box you play.  Just provide a version of your hole-by-hole score card (including the hole handicaps, par and your score), the tee box (or rating and slope) and the date you played.  All of that will be entered and the spreadsheet will do the rest.

We're looking forward to another fun special VCT tournament!  

Do you have to have a VCT handicap to enter this?  Even if I have to play straight up (and get it handed to me), still would love to play! 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Just now, TJ Hall said:

Do you have to have a VCT handicap to enter this?  Even if I have to play straight up (and get it handed to me), still would love to play! 

Nope. For this event we will accept GHIN or equivalent handicaps, if you haven’t established a VCT handicap. We want anyone who wants to play to join us 

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Nope. For this event we will accept GHIN or equivalent handicaps, if you haven’t established a VCT handicap. We want anyone who wants to play to join us 

Count me in!

Current handicap is 9.4

IMG_5432.jpeg.0f054f1d65fcdd0d07705e969956530e.jpeg

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

The sign ups for the VCT Year End Stapleford Tournament are going strong.  So far, we have 26.  @Josh Parker, @Golf2Much, @cnosil, @Placasse61, @Javs, @Preeway, @dback, @Prodigal Duffer, @Rico_de_Gallo@GolfSpy_BNG, @CFreddie, @rkj427, @frazzman80, @Fairwayguy2, @SDunne, @William P, @Syks7, @Mr. Mushball, @Northern Monkey, @tw1ns, @GolfSpy_BEN, @IndyBonzo, @RajMahal and @Randall Robbins.

If I missed someone, please comment on this thread or send me a message.  If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time.

We'll keep tournament registration open through Sunday, October 6th.  Tournament rounds can be played starting October 7th. 

There's no need to figure out your Stapleford scoring.  We'll be using the VCT handicap indexes to calculate your course handicap depending on the course and tee box you play.  Just provide a version of your hole-by-hole score card (including the hole handicaps, par and your score), the tee box (or rating and slope) and the date you played.  All of that will be entered and the spreadsheet will do the rest.

Please add me to the list . I thought I had already responded. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

12 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Thank you @Golf2Much and @GolfSpy_BEN for giving us another great event to play. 

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Thank you @Golf2Much and @GolfSpy_BEN for giving us another great event to play. 

You are welcome @Javs!   For me, it's as much fun setting this up and counting the strokes than it is to actually play in them!  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

19 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

Didn’t see my name listed.

Please count me in!

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

On 9/26/2024 at 4:59 AM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

@GolfSpy_BEN just checking to see if sim rounds are countable for this tourney?  

Didn't see an answer to this one. What do the judges say? 😺

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

40 minutes ago, Chux13 said:

Didn't see an answer to this one. What do the judges say? 😺

For this tournament, it will only be actual rounds. With that being said, there is a SIM league in the VCT, that will be starting up around the beginning of November, so check out this thread for details, as they become available:

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

For this tournament, it will only be actual rounds. With that being said, there is a SIM league in the VCT, that will be starting up around the beginning of November, so check out this thread for details, as they become available:

Sweet and sweet! Appreciate the info! Still deciding if I will be able to make the Stableford, but will DEFINITELY keep an eye on the Sim league!

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

@GolfSpy_BEN and @Golf2Much maybe to be safe drop me off the list. Not sure I got a full 3 weeks left in my outdoor season and don’t wanna take a spot from someone else.   High winds and leaves turning usually tells me I’m about done. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   :titleist-small: GT2 with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Apex TiFusion 4-PW 2* flat with PX Hazrdus Gen4 Silver 75s

Wedges:    JP Camber 48 & 55 shaft TBD

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

@GolfSpy_BEN and @Golf2Much maybe to be safe drop me off the list. Not sure I got a full 3 weeks left in my outdoor season and don’t wanna take a spot from someone else.   High winds and leaves turning usually tells me I’m about done. 

So, you're laying up!? 

You really won't be taking anyone's spot.  Everyone plays week one.  The first cut isn't to week 2 (to 20-30 depending on how many sign up) and down to the top 10 on week 3.  Give it a shot at least for week 1.  If you make the cut and weather turns, then drop out..I mean pull a hamstring or something and graciously have to bow out to save yourself for the winter SIM VCT league.

Just now, Golf2Much said:

So, you're laying up!? 

You really won't be taking anyone's spot.  Everyone plays week one.  The first cut isn't to week 2 (to 20-30 depending on how many sign up) and down to the top 10 on week 3.  Give it a shot at least for week 1.  If you make the cut and weather turns, then drop out..I mean pull a hamstring or something and graciously have to bow out to save yourself for the winter SIM VCT league.

I don’t mind being a filler if needed but would hate to move on to week 2 or 3 and have to bow out when someone else could have been there. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   :titleist-small: GT2 with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Apex TiFusion 4-PW 2* flat with PX Hazrdus Gen4 Silver 75s

Wedges:    JP Camber 48 & 55 shaft TBD

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

9 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

Didn’t see my name listed.

Please count me in!

I had you on my spreadsheet @Wolfstrum!  I just missed your name when I sent out this week's comment.  

So, you are all set.  

So, with the blessing of SWMBO, I'm actually getting out crazy early next week while we're on vacation visiting family, for a 6:45am round with rented clubs - while I don't expect to be performing WELL with that set-up, stranger things have happened, so I am BACK. IN, BABY!  (If there's room, of course).  

@Golf2Much and @GolfSpy_BEN - let me know if this works for you all!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 10/2/2024 at 7:22 AM, Golf2Much said:

You missed me, please put me on the list.

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 845 Max 7 wood, Tensei CK Blue 75 gr S 

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 5 to PW KBS Tour R

:vokey-small:SM10 50.8F KBS Tour R,  SM9 54.12D DG S200,  SM9 58.12D DG S200

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli Tour X

@Alan Stewart I had you on my list as well but somehow didn't capture it on the posting yesterday.   Thanks to you and @Wolfstrum for paying attention!  

Best of luck you two!

Edited by Golf2Much

2 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

So, with the blessing of SWMBO, I'm actually getting out crazy early next week while we're on vacation visiting family, for a 6:45am round with rented clubs - while I don't expect to be performing WELL with that set-up, stranger things have happened, so I am BACK. IN, BABY!  (If there's room, of course).  

You are on the list!  Best of luck!

On 10/2/2024 at 10:22 PM, Golf2Much said:

Ok...count me in....

Sign me up please!  Thanks!  Current index is 4.7 if that matters.

Srixon Driver ZX5 MkII 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 - Stiff

Srixon 3+ fairway - 13.5* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 5 - fairway 18* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 4 - hybrid UST Proforce V2 - F3(R)

Srixon ZX4 MkII irons - 5 - AW KBS MAX 65 - Regular

Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges 54* and 58* Aerotech SteelFiber fc90cw - Regular

Cobra Agera 3D printed putter

On 10/3/2024 at 1:18 PM, GolfSpy SAM said:

I mean at least you will have your LAB putter with you.... 😄

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

I am interested in participating in the upcoming season when it starts please. 

I'm already hoping to be able to register an official handicap at some point before it starts.  If anyone wants to direct me to or PM me the rules and requirements I'd appreciate it!

I don't play sim rounds really.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I am interested in participating in the upcoming season when it starts please. 

I'm already hoping to be able to register an official handicap at some point before it starts.  If anyone wants to direct me to or PM me the rules and requirements I'd appreciate it!

I don't play sim rounds really.

You can always post scores in the weekly threads to get going. 

This link goes to the most current week. Only a few weeks left for this season but you could get your MGS handicap established and be ready for next season. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

You can always post scores in the weekly threads to get going. 

This link goes to the most current week. Only a few weeks left for this season but you could get your MGS handicap established and be ready for next season. 

Thank you. I thought you had to start at the beginning for some reason!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Thank you. I thought you had to start at the beginning for some reason!

Nope.  But this is the last week for the current season.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG