Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

jpx 800 pro vs jpx 825 pro

BK in TEXAS

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what's changed between these 2 models. I assume the 825 pro is the newer version of the 800 pro, but the Mizuno site doesn't have any info on the 800 pro's.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Same lofts, same performance for the most part though I did find they launch just a touch higher then the 800's. Mostly they just look different and have the new shafts as upgrade options (C's, PXI, Programs)

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

The weighting is a bit different to give better feel.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Id agree with that. Mark Crossfield said the exact same thing is his 825 review video. Im not sure that the differences between the 2 are enough to really be worth upgrading.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

OK I did a little more Google-ing and found pictures of both. Looks like they cut a channel in the sole weight and moved weight to the toe and heel. Interesting.

JPX 800 pro c.png

JPX 825 Pro C.png

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little worthless factoid(I'm finding that the older that I get the more of these I get and the more they intrigue me, I don't don't know exactly what this means, but if ya know, please don't tell me..I'm at peace with it..lol).

You and I would get along :)

My wife tells me far too often that she is amazed at the volume of (mostly) worthless information in my head ;)

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Looks like the "channel" in the new 825's is somewhat similar to the new Taylormade "Bladz" "channel".

Guess the 825's will go farther than the 800's.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I can't speak to the 800's but can speak to the 825's and 825 pros - I really, really like the pros although I'm not comfortable with them yet and not convinced that I was fitted for the proper shaft -

I love the look and the feel of the club - do over and I'd get pros through the 6 iron with Project x 5.0 and a regular 825 5 iron with the same shaft -

Nothing wrong with the 825's mind you - just a bit more game improvement and high launch than I need. If you need more the 825's are for you.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Looks like the "channel" in the new 825's is somewhat similar to the new Taylormade "Bladz" "channel".

Guess the 825's will go farther than the 800's.

Eh? That's just a standard cavity back slot. The slot doesn't actually run all the way down the head and out like the RB's.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 6 months later...

Okay I'm going to resurrect this because I've now hit both in retrograde - that's pretty typical of me doing things backwards. Of course the shafts on the two are radically different.

I have to say that the first few shots didn't turn out well - for starters the range was pretty worked over when I got there this afternoon and for seconders I've had two huge days back to back - a brutal funeral yesterday with around 300 in attendance, one of those late night calls where I had to visit the hospital on an emergency and then two huge services today that included a baptism (that means having to learn and remember names that I don't know) school kids singing - way more attendance and way more names to know, Bible study for 50 or so and then confirmation (again with the names.)

After about five balls though things turned in a hurray (and frankly the first 5 balls with my for real wedge weren't the greatest either - I'm pretty thread bare at this point of the day on a Sunday.) Those aerotech shafts launch the heck out of the ball - the guy next to me could hit it and after a bit he stopped and was watching how high I was launching my 7 iron and just shook his head.

I know Mizuno is not going to like me posting this and I truly appreciate everything they did for me with the contest set but I greatly prefer this set of 800 pros to my 825 pros - my favorite shot was a misshit wedge - the only difference between it and a solid wedge aimed at the 123 flag was it was lower - I was looking at birdie with it just as much as I would be with the solid shots - I tore that flag up - I was hole high at the 170 flag nearly every time with the 7 iron - that's 10 yards longer than my current 7.

I'm looking forward to the next time I hit these which will be Tuesday. I'm not playing this week but if I hit them like this when I'm rested on Tuesday and again on the range on Friday - I'm going to play with them next week and see how it goes.

Probably the most interesting thing to me is that I had 8 through GW in the 825 pros and 5 iron through 7 iron in the regular 825's - I way, way prefer the pro model of the 800's to the regular 825's - just has that buttery Mizuno feel that you don't find in the cast set.

At any rate the aerotech's are big time winners - its amazing how deceptive feel can be - they are the same weight as the Project x graphites - 95 grams and they both should be between flex R and S but these launch higher and with more spin (I can tell that because they stay in the air rather than nose dive.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

One thing too is that the heads on the 825 Pros are smaller than that of the 800 Pros. Personally, Im in love with the looks of the 825 Pros with the black and the chrome. I love Mizuno blue as much as anyone (most of my golf wardrobe is a combination of blue and white) but the black and chrome of those 825 Pros is just downright sexy! :D

It's the same color scheme on the 800's Gajin - I know that the heads are supposed to be smaller on the 825's and the topline thinner - remember I'm coming off of a long time of playing stricktly GI's and so I don't see or notice tons of difference here - in fact to me the heads on the short irons look smaller (whether they are or not) on the 800's than they did on the 825's.

Regardless I thought the 825's where a great club - I didn't want to part with them - I had a life circumstance and an offer that I couldn't refuse - life has gotten a little more managable financially and this opportunity came up so I've taken advantage of it - for me the next set was always going to be between the 800's and the Rocketbladez because that's where my budget was at - I grabbed a rocketbladez AW - I was not crazy about the graphite shaft which is the only one that TMag has to offer.

I'm liking what I saw with the aerotech today - I need the higher launch that it gives me - If I had the money I'd go 825 with that shaft in it. I don't think there's a huge difference between 825 and 800 though. I really thought I might prefer the aerotech 80's but I can't imagine I'd like them better than the 95's - these 95's feel better than my G-techs - faster even though they're heavier. I'm anxious to hit these things again on Tuesday and Friday and perhaps to play a round with them next week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's the same color scheme on the 800's Gajin - I know that the heads are supposed to be smaller on the 825's and the topline thinner - remember I'm coming off of a long time of playing stricktly GI's and so I don't see or notice tons of difference here - in fact to me the heads on the short irons look smaller (whether they are or not) on the 800's than they did on the 825's.

Youre right, Im confusing the 825s and the 825 Pros. I also agree with you there isnt a ton of a difference in head size.

Honestly, if I had the choice between the 800 Pro and the 825 Pro it would probably be a matter of price, unless there was a considerable difference in numbers on the LM.

Even Mark Crossfield said he couldnt tell much difference from the 800s to the 825s and probably wouldnt upgrade if he had a set of 800s.

Top line is Thinner on the 825 pro's. Both sets are SOLID

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Top line is Thinner on the 825 pro's. Both sets are SOLID

Amen to that. If I were in the market for a new set, JPX-825 Pros would be in the bag.

After about five balls though things turned in a hurray (and frankly the first 5 balls with my for real wedge weren't the greatest either - I'm pretty thread bare at this point of the day on a Sunday.) Those aerotech shafts launch the heck out of the ball - the guy next to me could hit it and after a bit he stopped and was watching how high I was launching my 7 iron and just shook his head.

I know Mizuno is not going to like me posting this and I truly appreciate everything they did for me with the contest set but I greatly prefer this set of 800 pros to my 825 pros - my favorite shot was a misshit wedge - the only difference between it and a solid wedge aimed at the 123 flag was it was lower - I was looking at birdie with it just as much as I would be with the solid shots - I tore that flag up - I was hole high at the 170 flag nearly every time with the 7 iron - that's 10 yards longer than my current 7.

I'm looking forward to the next time I hit these which will be Tuesday. I'm not playing this week but if I hit them like this when I'm rested on Tuesday and again on the range on Friday - I'm going to play with them next week and see how it goes.

At any rate the aerotech's are big time winners - its amazing how deceptive feel can be - they are the same weight as the Project x graphites - 95 grams and they both should be between flex R and S but these launch higher and with more spin (I can tell that because they stay in the air rather than nose dive.)

I'm really glad they work so well for you and they found a good home Kevin.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Thanks man - I'll use them in good health, Sing a Te Deum and pray three Our Fathers every time I hit one. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'd rather you sing beautiful things by Gungor. As well as you hit those irons the lyrics are fitting.

"You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of the dust.

You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of us."

Beautiful Things

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I'd rather you sing beautiful things by Gungor. As well as you hit those irons the lyrics are fitting.

"You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of the dust.

You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of us."

Beautiful Things

I know that song well - good song - I'm one of the wierdos who appreciates both traditional and contemprorary forms of worship - just so long as they are excellent last week at Grace at all of our services including the funeral. Nice when that happens.

Hit the clubs again today after doing hospital visits - I said to my wife that I'd like to go hit them again later today - she said, go ahead - I just may.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I can't swing yet however I've got the opportunity to trade a set of pristine+ 67s(which I never liked. That was the year that I bagged the Adams Pro Golds, 3i-PW) for a set of twice played(pristine+) 800 Pros. I played the 800 Pros in '11 for 4 rounds and they were nice, and I also played the 53s, and liked the 800s much better.

I haven't had the the chance to hit/play the 825 Pros however I will when I can play again and if they're nicer than the 800s, then I'll just use the 800s for trade. The reason for the acquisition of the 800s is that I haven't swung a club since the end of October '12, and I'm goin to swing my 68s first, and hopefully they will be kind to me, however, if not, then I've got the 800 Pros.

Boy, such a quandary, lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Here's hoping for sub par rounds with all three sets and then you'll really be stuck. :P

I have to say I'm in the minority but I like the look of the 800's better than the 825's - the GW and PW on the 825's were a little too GI for me (yes even me) the 800's seem smaller - the top line on the 825's was a bit thinner. What's killing me is the aerotech shafts - If I had ordered these on my own I would have gone with the 80's - I would have been wrong - the 95's feel perfect. I can hit it up or down with them, get a nice little draw or fade as well. Right now I'm bagging through the 6 iron - that's what I would have typically bagged in the past as I use a 5 hybrid - I don't know though - I'll let this settle and then take the 5 iron out for a spin.

The other thing that I appreciate is the sole on the 800's and the 825's - it takes a very shallow divot - I've always prefered that. I think that's going to be very good when the weather turns wet here in the next few weeks.

When I look at Mizuno's line I wonder about the future of the 53's - I've hit them and the pros now and don't see that big a difference and what difference I see tilts to the pros -

Just start with the 59 and be done with it - now that's a jump in club type for sure.

Is there any action with the MP-4H's or whatever those were called? I like the concept but when I look at the clubs they don't seem gamey enough in the shorter irons to suit my taste and they are pricey.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Mizzy oughta stick with what they do best- make forged players irons and a nice "bridge" iron, if you will, like the 825 Pros. I just think that the H4s overlap with the 825s and that only hurts both.

The H4's are kind of pointless except in the long irons. Compared to the 825 Pros, they are more expensive and not as good looking. I can understand someone wanting the H4's in a 2,3,4 and even 5 iron but the short and mid irons aren't worth it. That's my opinion.

I can't swing yet however I've got the opportunity to trade a set of pristine+ 67s(which I never liked. That was the year that I bagged the Adams Pro Golds, 3i-PW) for a set of twice played(pristine+) 800 Pros. I played the 800 Pros in '11 for 4 rounds and they were nice, and I also played the 53s, and liked the 800s much better.

I haven't had the the chance to hit/play the 825 Pros however I will when I can play again and if they're nicer than the 800s, then I'll just use the 800s for trade. The reason for the acquisition of the 800s is that I haven't swung a club since the end of October '12, and I'm goin to swing my 68s first, and hopefully they will be kind to me, however, if not, then I've got the 800 Pros.

Boy, such a quandary, lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Ha ha...you might as well live in MN!!

Hopefully you are up to swinging soon!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I am refering to the Pros Richard -

Speaking of the straight 825's though there is an interesting You Tube video where a guy souped them up to be like the Rocketbladez irons - same shaft length and lofts - the plain 825's were 5 yards longer with the same set up. Interesting.

I'm not crazy about the look of the regular 825's. To my eye the Rocketbladez look better although they perform similarly. I was very disappointed in the graphite shaft in the rocketbladez though. If I were to go with them it would be with KBS shafts and I don't know that my body could withstand that - lots of arthritis in my joints.

I'm glad to learn someone else prefers the look of the 800 pros to the 825 pros - I was beginning to think that I was batty - :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well, I just scored a smokin' deal on a set of JPX-800 Pros on Ebay. Looking forward to putting them in the bag.

Enjoy them Gaijin - I'll be curious to get your take - I've had mine for a week and hit over 100 balls a day with them each of the last three days - I'm very, very consistent through the 7 iron - when I hit the 6 iron its good when I don't, it's not, 6 is the longest iron I typically carry.

I'm ready to start trying to work the ball with them a bit. I don't think I'll use them in my Tuesday game but will try and play a casual round on Friday and bag them for that.

What shaft did you get?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Enjoy them Gaijin - I'll be curious to get your take - I've had mine for a week and hit over 100 balls a day with them each of the last three days - I'm very, very consistent through the 7 iron - when I hit the 6 iron its good when I don't, it's not, 6 is the longest iron I typically carry.

I'm ready to start trying to work the ball with them a bit. I don't think I'll use them in my Tuesday game but will try and play a casual round on Friday and bag them for that.

What shaft did you get?

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how they compare to some of the other Mizuno irons Ive owned. Im excited to see how they compare to the MX-300s because Ive read a lot of people draw comparisons between the MX-300s and JPX-800 Pros, saying they are much like the 300s but more forgiving.

I ended up getting mine with S300 shafts.

Im picking them up at the FedEx office tomorrow and plan on heading straight to the course after that.

Well, after the first round Im very happy with them. They are certainly more forgiving than MX-300s but still have the great feel of a forged iron.

Im liking the stiff shafts too. Today I felt much more in control of my irons and I think the stiff shafts were much of the reason for that. The rest of my clubs are still r-flex and those were still difficult for me to control; so now I think I need to hit up Ebay for some stiff-shafted replacements for the rest of my clubs.

I already scored a JPX-800 hybrid, now I just need to find a driver and 3-wood.

I'd get fitted for the rest of them prior to making that assumption plus you know as a MGS regular that the letters don't always mean the same thing from one manufacturer to the next there are so many factors involved.

I will say that my GW is a DG S300 and I hit it fine - its a good transition from the KBS tours that I have in my 55,60 - I'm pretty much a tweener when it comes to flexes - the PX graphite 5.0 should have been perfect for me and it was not - yet I'm finding that the steelfiber 95's work great. Those two shafts should be the same flex but the steelfibers launch the ball higher and feel softer to me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'd get fitted for the rest of them prior to making that assumption plus you know as a MGS regular that the letters don't always mean the same thing from one manufacturer to the next there are so many factors involved.

I will say that my GW is a DG S300 and I hit it fine - its a good transition from the KBS tours that I have in my 55,60 - I'm pretty much a tweener when it comes to flexes - the PX graphite 5.0 should have been perfect for me and it was not - yet I'm finding that the steelfiber 95's work great. Those two shafts should be the same flex but the steelfibers launch the ball higher and feel softer to me.

Same here, I fall right in between stiff and regular. In the past Ive always just went with r-flex and dialed back my swing a bit, which I believe has caused it to be loose, lazy and inconsistent.

Yesterday, I just swung hard on all iron shots and it seemed to work out pretty well.

Archived