Clubs currently on your radar

Our Sponsors

I will check out the hogans but don't see laying out the cash unless I go with a 56, bend the 53 to 52 and then make some adjusts to reduce the clubs in the middle of my bag. I don't see that happening though, I'm very good in the 80-129 range and I'm certainly good enough to fit a ball into an area that big if I'm aiming for it.

The one purchase I'm sure to make is 5 hybrid. If I like the x2 Hot enough I will find a used 5 out there somewhere.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ordered the Combo set with DG Pro's.  Srixon told my pro, 3-4 weeks ????

As Crash Davis sorta once said, "Don't think, Meat. Just swing..."

Boy - you're really trying to resurrect my inner club ho, aren't you?   Well, the Wilson lineup is definitely on my radar -- V4 irons are awesome, and I've really liked hitting the D200 driver, hybr

Great thread Zeasy.......

Last year I tested the Cobra Bio Cell irons w/steel shafts(Dynalite 85s) and really liked them. That said I found a short set of Mizuno JPX 800 Pros (6 - PW)with my Fav shaft, the Project X 5.0 graphite. So I am now experimenting to see if I need to return to graphite (age 64). The Mizzies left me short for the long irons, so I picked up a JPX 800 5 hybrid(25*) for the 152 - 162 distance, then put my Powerbilt 4 hybrid in for 162 - 172 yds. That said, my Cobra Bio Cell 5 wood covers the 170 - 180 yd distance.

As I won a Powerbilt a DFX with Adila RIP Beta, I am experimenting with it versus my Cobragolf Bio Cell. The DFX is longer but the Bio Cell is more accurate.

Currently, I am watching for a Ping Ketsch(33").

With all that said, there really isn't much on the market that I am interested in. I love the Hogans, but don't think I am game enough to handle them right now.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Hit a boat load of clubs last night at Golfer's Warehouse in Rhode Island -- Cally BBADBD is still the beast, but took another whack with last year's Cobra Bio Cell+ driver -- mercy, how did I miss that one?  

Also hit all 3 of the Ping G-30's - not as exciting.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Really eyeing up the new callaway XR lineup and big berthas. Reshafting or replacing my wedges in probably should be at top of the list but the pull of a shiny new driver may throw a wrench in those plans. 

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Looking to replace my ancient Hybrid. The Adams Red is high on my list to hit.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

This year is hybrid year. I currently play Titleist 910's and I love them. Unfortunately they are the wrong lofts and I have a large 20 yard gap between my 5 iron and my first hybrid. My 17 degree hybrid also is too much club and I don't need it either.

I am going to get fitted for new ones, I will try the new Titleist's as I really like the 910's, but I'm open to any other brand so it should be a lot of fun!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Didn't know it was possible to hit a driver better than you hit the XGC7.

I missed a fairway with it last week...it's obviously broken.

• Like 1
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

The one thing really tempting me right now is a set of Srixon Z-545's.  I don't want to buy them online and won't purchase until I can swing them again and see if I get the same feeling I got at the PGA Merchandise Show.

No place around here has any in stock, so at this point I'm trying to justify a trip to 2nd Swing Golf for a fitting.  I would already have made the trip if my furnace didn't need replacing a few weeks ago... :(

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

The one thing really tempting me right now is a set of Srixon Z-545's.  I don't want to buy them online and won't purchase until I can swing them again and see if I get the same feeling I got at the PGA Merchandise Show.

No place around here has any in stock, so at this point I'm trying to justify a trip to 2nd Swing Golf for a fitting.  I would already have made the trip if my furnace didn't need replacing a few weeks ago... :(

Love the 545's and 745's.  It would be cool if you could build a COMBO set between the two....

• Like 1

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Going for a driver, wood, hybrid fitting March 8th. Will be hitting Tour Edge and the Mizuno JPX 850 line which I'm excited about. Also still eyeing the Mizuno JPX Fli Hi hybrids that I was able to hit at my iron fitting. I like the idea of them having the same shaft as my irons and able to be bent. Interested to see how they compare to my current gamers that were off the rack/eBay.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Already got my irons fitted this year, just some tweaks to lie and swing weight though, no new clubs.  Got Scor wedges at the end of last year so interested to see how those will perform in nice weather.  They were also tweaked as part of my fitting.  I was fitted for a putter this winter too, but again ended up tweaking one I already had.  Re-did the upper end of my bag last year and I'm happy with the way that worked out.  I'm still swinging the SLDR beautifully and I'll also test out the Paderson shaft in that.  So nothing was on my radar.

Then I went with to my brother in laws driver fitting and watched him go through 7 or 8 heads and 10-15 shafts before getting the right combo with a G30.  Now it's on my radar to hit, especially the LST version.  I have no interest in dropping $300-$400 on a driver this year though.  

This is a bad time of year to ask what's on the radar though.  We are over the hump of winter and the season is getting closer and closer.  It's the time of year that you forget about how much you like your current clubs and start looking at all the shiny new things that were covered during the PGA show.  Once I get swinging again and remember how much I like my current clubs it will be easier to keep things off the radar.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The new XR pro hybrid is legit. Watched a friend outdrive a guy with an 18* (vs the guy's driver). 260 total. Nice club. Definitley feels different than the X2

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Love the 545's and 745's.  It would be cool if you could build a COMBO set between the two....

That appears to be possible at 2nd Swing, since you can customize orders by selected clubs.

If I do a fitting there, I'd be sure which clubs from each set would work the best for me.

I'm getting to the point where I'd like to just get my complete setup evaluated and built as a "forever set," that may get "tweaked" as I get older (shaft, loft, lie adjustments) but stays in the bag unless I break something.

The only place within a reasonable driving distance that jas the most complete package of experienced fitters, club selection and testing equipment is 2nd Swing.

The most experienced fitter locally is currently having some health issues and has a limited selection of club/shaft options compared to 2nd Swing, so I'm planning to go to 2nd Swing when I finally "pull the trigger" for my next set.

Who knows, maybe once they've evaluated my current setup, I'll just go with some tweaks with it ;)

• Like 1

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Word from my Srixon contact is they are available for custom combo orders. He sends out all their press releases, so he should know.

• Like 1

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• 3 weeks later...

Ping G30 is now added to the list

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Ping G30 is now added to the list

Lots of guys are taking a good look at this one, it's seems for the higher capper, this club gives a bit more distance, and an incredible amount of accuracy, there is a guy on our Saturday group that picked one up at the end of last year, and his driving stats have dramatically improved

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Currently on the radar is rocketbladez tour irons, hit some today and I like them, I will be doing some switching around the bag in the next 2 weeks

Change in radar, rocketbladez tourare out, they suck for me. I have redone my list , I have ordered 5,6,7 iron XR pro, using them as 4,5,6.

Kee

Change in radar, rocketbladez tourare out, they suck for me. I have redone my list , I have ordered 5,6,7 iron XR pro, using them as 4,5,6.

Kee

Don't know what happened there. Keeping the 7,8,9,pw from the 68's in the bag, and now currently looking for new wedges, either edel, titleist, or cobra, I am leaning toward edel customizing, since I only am looking to get a 50, and 54. A totally new bag, same old guy swinging them.

I'm looking into new irons either the FlyZ+, Fly Z Pro, Srixon z745, Mizuno MP15 or 588 combos

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X