Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

greetings from sunny seattle

I have been playing golf for multiple decades. I am working on breaking 80. Shot 82 in first round of year a couple weeks ago so it will easily happen. I am all over golf: practice daily, lessons, watch, read, tweet, histogram, concepts for products etc. But my real job is IT industry analyst.

Currently play Mizuno irons, wedges are a mix but mainly Vokey, I have an Odessey and a Ping putter. Ping I have had since college it went away for a while but has come roaring back (19 putts in that last round). I have my eye on a new Ping.

Adams hybrids, switch from Nickent

Driver have a trusted Ping G5 and a Cleveland DST ...the get replace this year, need a new fitting session, also to be replaced will be 3w and either another hybrid or 5w. And will probably replace irons.

I am mainly a Srixon player, both Q and Z star depends on green conditions and amount of spin I want. Also like proV1x and Nike Platinum. Have ball tested for Titleist.

Play left handed. Volunteer for Boeing Classic and US Open, have also volunteered at US Sr.Open and LPGA event in Portland. Help with local HS teams on occasion.

Currently recovering from foot surgery, 6 weeks now weight bearing and I am also an avid fly Fisher.

If you are in area, I am near Golf Club at Redmond Ridge and love mid-week pm rounds.

tom

Welcome Tom. There been a lot of talk on here recently about putters, wedges, and drivers that I'm sure you'll find useful. Enjoy!

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Welcome! Glad to have you join us!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Welcome Tom, from the other side of the state! My wife and I play somewhere in and around Seattle every summer with friends. Glad you could join us. Lots of fun discussions about equipment, so jump in!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome to the boards. I am in Eugene, and make it up to the Emerald City once in a while.. The weather has just been ridiculous this winter around here.... I hope that you have been getting out to play a little. Where do you go in Seattle for your equipment needs??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Welcome

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome Tom, I'm former IT myself.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

welcome new friend!

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Welcome

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Thanks for joining MyGolfSpy Tom - hope you enjoy it!!  Please jump right in to any of the discussion threads or feel free to start your own.  We have a great community here with lots of folks eager to help and support each other!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome to the boards. I am in Eugene, and make it up to the Emerald City once in a while.. The weather has just been ridiculous this winter around here.... I hope that you have been getting out to play a little. Where do you go in Seattle for your equipment needs??

I alternate between Pro Golf and Puetz for general stores.  In Bellevue they are a block away - I have that "challenge" of being left handed so it is always a hunt.  Especially with dollar advantage and hockey player advantage I may go to Vancouver for gear this year. 

Welcome Tom, from the other side of the state! My wife and I play somewhere in and around Seattle every summer with friends. Glad you could join us. Lots of fun discussions about equipment, so jump in!

Played Esmereralda a few weeks ago on the "other side" of the state. 

I alternate between Pro Golf and Puetz for general stores.  In Bellevue they are a block away - I have that "challenge" of being left handed so it is always a hunt.  Especially with dollar advantage and hockey player advantage I may go to Vancouver for gear this year. 

I have been into both stores while visiting. Nice shops with excellent reputations!  Sorry to hear that you are a lefty......  ;) ;) ;)

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Played Esmereralda a few weeks ago on the "other side" of the state.

I usually play Esmerelda about once a year, nice but play can be slow. It's about a 2 hour drive from the TriCities. My wife grew up in Spokane so we go there quite a bit. They have very nice city and county courses at reasonable rates.

Played Mt. Si last year on the west side, but like Druids Glen and Gold Mountain better. Sorry about the lefty thing, but I have been told that lefties play on the right side of the ball! :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived