Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

Ran to Dicks and got a box of the new Chrome Tours.

I need to get the Chrome Tour X as well to do some of my own testing.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Well I went to South Florida flea market yesterday where I have scored some serious finds in the past, Go back about five years and I was playing one of my favorite drivers I've ever hit the Callaway GBB Epic original not the Flash with a Fujikura Atmos 6S in it and was hitting tremendous numbers with it but it was stolen when some piece of trash took my entire bag from the bag drop at Bethpage in NY. I haven't been able to find one like it since as it seems all for sale were Epic Flash which I didn't like. Fast forward to yesterday and I was stunned to find the exact head still in plastic from 2017 and a handful of Masters edition Fuji Atmos 6S shafts!!!! I thought the guy was joking when he said "I can't let it go cheap I will need like 100 bucks for the lot" I have never produced 100 so fast and think I actually shouldered another guy out of the deal!!! Stopped and grabbed a few grips to see what would look best?? What do we think???

Screenshot_20240303_081036_Gallery.jpg

That is an awesome find!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, Javs said:

So the Project X Denali shaft was ok. I hit it consistently straight or with a slight fade. The distance was fine at around 275 carry. However, when I switched to the Hzrdus smoke yellow shaft, then I hit bombs. Several with over 300 yard carry. Dispersion on both shafts were similar. The big takeaway I couldn’t turn the Denali shaft over without real effort. I can shape the yellow at ease. The new Paradym TD is awesome especially with the yellow shaft. I think I prefer the counter balance feel.

I have long maintained Callaway creates the biggest monsters in golf every few years!! They never seem super forgiving but they are absolute rockets!! I was hitting the original Epic well into the 300s at almost 50 yrs old it was just a beast and I found one yesterday and bought it. I think they make super good looking and long stuff if one isn't worried about forgiveness!!!! Awesome looking stick man!!!!

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

6 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

That is an awesome find!

Couldn't have been more stoked I literally thought a buddy was playing a joke on me as I constantly talk about trying to replace that club!!!  I literally was carrying the thing over 300 at almost 50 yrs old if I let it rip!!! Not forgiving but highly rewarding

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

18 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Well I went to South Florida flea market yesterday where I have scored some serious finds in the past, Go back about five years and I was playing one of my favorite drivers I've ever hit the Callaway GBB Epic original not the Flash with a Fujikura Atmos 6S in it and was hitting tremendous numbers with it but it was stolen when some piece of trash took my entire bag from the bag drop at Bethpage in NY. I haven't been able to find one like it since as it seems all for sale were Epic Flash which I didn't like. Fast forward to yesterday and I was stunned to find the exact head still in plastic from 2017 and a handful of Masters edition Fuji Atmos 6S shafts!!!! I thought the guy was joking when he said "I can't let it go cheap I will need like 100 bucks for the lot" I have never produced 100 so fast and think I actually shouldered another guy out of the deal!!! Stopped and grabbed a few grips to see what would look best?? What do we think???

Thats insane!!!  And what a deal!!! 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thats insane!!!  And what a deal!!! 

When the guy said he needed 100 I literally threw it at him!! Little did he know I would have gave him 500 as its all I had on me!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

38 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Talk about a great score!! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

The green and white MCC with that shaft and head combo… good gravy that’s such a good combo it may have to be labeled NSFW

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

The green and white MCC with that shaft and head combo… good gravy that’s such a good combo it may have to be labeled NSFW

That is my choice as well and when it's done I will post some pics need to find an adapter today at my buddies shop

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

21 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

That is my choice as well and when it's done I will post some pics need to find an adapter today at my buddies shop

Soooo.... uhhhh.... you want to .... uhhhh... get rid of one of those shafts?  😆 🤣 😂 

You could literally fund a new iron or woods set on those alone.

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

2 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

What an amazing find!  Color match is on fire!  

I vote going with the Lamkin

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Soooo.... uhhhh.... you want to .... uhhhh... get rid of one of those shafts?  😆 🤣 😂 

You could literally fund a new iron or woods set on those alone.

Rob DM me an address and I will send you one no problem my man!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

35 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Can’t wait to see it! 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

What an amazing find!  Color match is on fire!  

I vote going with the Lamkin

Going with the MCC in Green white and gray they are my preferred grip and the color match is straight 🔥 but Lamkin would look good as well

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

2 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

Couldn't have been more stoked I literally thought a buddy was playing a joke on me as I constantly talk about trying to replace that club!!!  I literally was carrying the thing over 300 at almost 50 yrs old if I let it rip!!! Not forgiving but highly rewarding

Awesome…one of the green grips would like quite nice on there!  

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Picked up a refurbished iPad Pro to finally take advantage of the 5 course E6 Connect license I get with my Garmin R10. Works significantly better than I'd expected, graphics etc look fantastic and it's very quick to process. Definitely makes range sessions a lot more fun now.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

10 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

... I have never cared for or gotten along with Callaway drivers. The only one I ever played was this GBB Epic. I played it at 44.5" with a second weight in the slot and it was obviously more forgiving and the longest I had played to that point. Sadly, mine was also stolen, but just the driver when I set it next to my bag on a crowded range and was hitting wedges. What an unbelievable find and deal! 🥳  Looking forward to hearing if it still has that same magic for you! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

18 minutes ago, Wib081 said:

That’s pretty dang awesome right there!!!

Yup. I agree. 

I bought a SLX micro slim on eBay. It was labeled New but when it arrived (10 days late I might add) it wasn’t new and even missing the charging cord. I was willing to deal with it and started to register it to get the free 12 month E6 , and yes it had already been registered. That was the last straw and I started a return. Just as I was losing hope I saw another for sale complete with pictures and it was still wrapped in plastic. The guy said he won it at an office party and didn’t play golf. I made an offer and got it $15 cheaper than the first one. I know it’s not the best simulator out there but it’s all I can afford on a law enforcement pension this soon after Christmas with 5 kids. I eventually will get a Rapsodo unless someone has a better suggestion at that price point. 

On 3/3/2024 at 8:19 AM, Marlin Dave said:

Insanely jealous - Florida has the best golf club deals I've seen. An unreal amount of great clubs at really good prices.

watching Jon and Ashley on the Stacked Golf YT channel find these deals at yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops, etc. is mind blowing. 

enjoy the new stick!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

22 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Picked up some head covers finally, was really impressed with Daphnes when I got my wife one last season so I picked up 2 for myself and a cover for my putter. You’d never guess what’s underneath them when you see those! 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0526.png

My foursomes partner has the unicorn one. Opposition on the 1st tee are always a bit like 'this guy is a psycho!' 

1 up 😉

Bag full of mostly PING, apart from Cleveland CBX wedges..I need all the help I can get! 

45 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Insanely jealous - Florida has the best golf club deals I've seen. An unreal amount of great clubs at really good prices.

watching Jon and Ashley on the Stacked Golf YT channel find these deals at yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops, etc. is mind blowing. 

enjoy the new stick!

Yeah they have built a cool thing with their affinity to all things golf and pyrex!!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1