Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

42 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

EVERY day is a GREAT Day. To Be. A Michigan Wolverine!

That my friend is 100% correct!!!! GO BLUE!!

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

14 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Don’t have the replacements yet, but this is from the website: it simply says “rubber”.

“Features:

Waterproof Bootie Construction (2 Year Guarantee)

Reflective Rope Laces & Reflective Accents

Wide Toe Box (fits regular to wide feet up to E/EE)

Neoprene Waterproof Tongue

New Antimicrobial Insert for Superior Comfort and Breathability

Flexible, Ergonomic Rubber Outsole

Alternative Leather Upper (Highly Scratch-Resistant and Durable)

Zero Drop Heel to Toe”

Good !  The speckled color reminded me of those cheap Walmart foam bottom shoes.  Glad to see it's actual rubber and not plastic foam 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just bought a new putter, Ping Ds72! slowly slowly starting to get a good setup that also suits my playing style!

Driver: Titlest TS2 12,5 degree
3 wood:Titlest TS2 15 degree
Hybrid: Titlest TS2 21,5 degree
4- P iron: Mizuno Jpx921 HM
50 degree Mizuno Jpx 921
56 and 60 wedge TaylorMade Milled Grind Satin Chrome
Putter: Ping Ds72
Starting to get a good setup, just want to change up the irons, with a 4 Iron at 19 degree it´s not really helping me with a hybrid in the bag. And my swingspeed is just little bit to slow for the shaft I use on the irons so hit it a little low and little right compare to clubs I testet with another shaft.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Picked up my re-shafted, re-gripped, and re-fit Edels.  Accra TZi 95g shafts, and the clubs have all been flattened a degree.  Can't wait for the season to start!

Accras1.jpg

Even got them pured!    Looks like you are going all out to beat me at Kingsmill  🤣    Hope you hit them well!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Picked up my re-shafted, re-gripped, and re-fit Edels.  Accra TZi 95g shafts, and the clubs have all been flattened a degree.  Can't wait for the season to start!

Accras1.jpgAccras2.jpg

Which edel model/models?  I need more pictures.

🙃

6 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

Which edel model/models?  I need more pictures.

SMS/SMS Pro combo.

Plenty of pics here…

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Oy boy, those look good!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Nice bag!!! Did you play Legislator and Senator courses too?  Yeah, the 1st tee on Judge is daunting, especially when the wind is moving!  I also thought 7, 13, and 15 were challenging beyond my abilities. 

(Capitol Hill is a about 2.5 hours north of me)

Welcome to the site!

53 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Nice bag!!! Did you play Legislator and Senator courses too?  Yeah, the 1st tee on Judge is daunting, especially when the wind is moving!  I also thought 7, 13, and 15 were challenging beyond my abilities. 

(Capitol Hill is a about 2.5 hours north of me)

Welcome to the site!

Yea we played all three. I think we played the white tees but still Judge is no joke with what? 14/15 holes with water. I may have loved the senator the most. Being in wisconsin with lots of top tier links style courses playing another just felt right. But all 54 holes are awesome. 

Ping Driver, Irons, Wedges, Putter. Callway Wood. Vice Pro Zero golf balls. Vessel Pro IV golf bag. Sketches Go Golf Shoes. Body by Wisconsin Cheese 

24 minutes ago, thulesgold said:

Yea we played all three. I think we played the white tees but still Judge is no joke with what? 14/15 holes with water. I may have loved the senator the most. Being in wisconsin with lots of top tier links style courses playing another just felt right. But all 54 holes are awesome. 

Yes!, the Senator was the 1st course I played there, and felt like I was transported to another time! While the fairways were quite shapely, the rolling mounds around them made you feel like you were truly isolated.

17 hours ago, Wib081 said:

So I told myself I was just going to get the free 4 pack of TP5’s and be on my way. Then I saw a Blue and Red LTDx and thought I’m gonna look at that. It was mint less than $150 and I had 2 older drivers and 2 older 3 woods in the Traverse outside. Well end of story I brought home this new to me Big Stick lol! 

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

So much nicer than the black and gold colour way, great find! That driver is a monster 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

On 2/23/2024 at 9:14 AM, MGoBlue100 said:

Been on a bit of a bender. PXG had a sale, so grabbed a GEN 2 3W. (Did I mention I LOVE 🥰 how PXG boxes and sends their clubs??)

Been wanting to try TRUE Links golf shoes; again a sale, so again I pull the trigger. Word of advice: READ all the literature. Received these very quickly, tried them on (ordered the size I always wear) and they were too small. Huh… Start figuring out a return/exchange process and notice a SMALL link to “What Size Should I Order?” Hmmm… Anyway, they note that the shoes run small, and you should order a 1/2 to a full size larger than normal. So, after a few emails back and forth with their EXCELLENT customer service, a new pair is on the way in a different (and hopefully correct) size.
Last but not least, I have an Ogio bag that I like, but the legs have proven to be junk. A sale called my name yet again, and I am now the proud owner of a Ping Hoofer, finally.

Think I’m probably done for the foreseeable future, but if that “SALE” bell rings, who knows?? 😂

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_3259.png

IMG_3260.jpeg

I’ve never understood the camo thing but that’s a really nice bag

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

12 hours ago, epochsurf said:

In the last year, I’ve bought a lot of sub70 stuff. 4-6 699 v1, 7-A 699 v1 pro, 949 4 wood, 949 3 hybrid, TAIII 56, and I have a 001 on the way. 33”, hybrid shaft, and super stroke grip. Super pumped about it. Stoked to see their new driver. I have a gen 4 PXG XF that draws too hard. Looking to get a more neutral and better made driver this year 

Nice.  Post some pics when it gets in, and add a profile pic while you’re at it!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

So much nicer than the black and gold colour way, great find! That driver is a monster 

Agreed. I had the Radspeed in the same colorway since it came out but I have to say the gloss blue crown on the LTDx blows away the flat blue of the Radspeed!  

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

3 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

They are really nice looking units!! I wanted Cobra to work for me but I tend to hit the ball low center and for some reason every Cobra driver I hit penalizes me terribly for low on the faces strikes but as far as looks go?? They are a winner!!!!

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

They are really nice looking units!! I wanted Cobra to work for me but I tend to hit the ball low center and for some reason every Cobra driver I hit penalizes me terribly for low on the faces strikes but as far as looks go?? They are a winner!!!!

I tend to stay middle but a smidge toe side and it works for me. That said I have had bouts with the low center and when those strikes reared their head last year I demoed and picked up the Mini Brnr. Not sure how or why but it worked. Planning on keeping both in the bag this year Brnr in the 13.5 as a string 3 wood 

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

4 hours ago, Wib081 said:

I tend to stay middle but a smidge toe side and it works for me. That said I have had bouts with the low center and when those strikes reared their head last year I demoed and picked up the Mini Brnr. Not sure how or why but it worked. Planning on keeping both in the bag this year Brnr in the 13.5 as a string 3 wood 

It worked because pretty much any club other than Cobra works well low on the face but something with them just doesn't work. I had an LTD and an F8 and F9 And sold them all

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 2/18/2024 at 5:01 PM, ParFore74x said:

These definitely caught my eye while I was going through shoe ads earlier. Looking forward to your thoughts. 

So finally was able to get a proper test with 9 holes on Thursday and 18 on Friday.

Get this out of the way, they are extremely comfortable. The cushioning is top notch. Comfort is a non issue with these.

With all the weather hitting the west coast, conditions, even in the desert are wet and muddy. They definitely proved they are waterproof. And even after the round the mud and dirt wiped right off with a damp towel.

Now the new spike system and bottom of the shoe is where it got interesting. Because the sole of the shoes is basically molded from heel to toe, they are extremely stable and minimal flex. Part of that is the shoes being new, but the stiff sole made any flex on the bottom very limited. The new spikes provided great traction. I have had issues in the past with my back foot slipping from time to time, but not with these shoes.

Sizing will be the issue for some. I was told they run small and go up one half size. I did try them on before hand. These run narrow so i did have to go up that half size but had extra space in the toe box. If you have narrow feet or long toes, these will fit great. If you tend to need a wider shoe or like something with a bit of space then you may need something different. Or atleast try on before ordering.

Overall solid shoes. Comfortable, looks great, and performs. Just make sure they fit!

Edited by RoyN

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

6 hours ago, RoyN said:

So finally was able to get a proper test with 9 holes on Thursday and 18 on Friday.

Get this out of the way, they are extremely comfortable. The cushioning is top notch. Comfort is a non issue with these.

With all the weather hitting the west coast, conditions, even in the desert are wet and muddy. They definitely proved they are waterproof. And even after the round the mud and dirt wiped right off with a damp towel.

Now the new spike system and bottom of the shoe is where it got interesting. Because the sole of the shoes is basically molded from heel to toe, they are extremely stable and minimal flex. Part of that is the shoes being new, but the stiff sole made any flex on the bottom very limited. The new spikes provided great traction. I have had issues in the past with my back foot slipping from time to time, but not with these shoes.

Sizing will be the issue for some. I was told they run small and go up one half size. I did try them on before hand. These run narrow so i did have to go up that half size but had extra space in the toe box. If you have narrow feet or long toes, these will fit great. If you tend to need a wider shoe or like something with a bit of space then you may need something different. Or atleast try on before ordering.

Overall solid shoes. Comfortable, looks great, and performs. Just make sure they fit!

Thanks for the details on the sizing and the performance of the cleats. I usually wear a wide shoe so I’ll check with my local golf shop to see if they are bringing these in so I can try them out. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Update..  Chalkless grip enhancer.  WOW. This is a homerun in foul weather. I split the bottle into 2 smaller bottles, one for the boat and one for the golf bag. I fish bass tournaments all over Florida and Georgia. My hands are constantly wet. I put a light coat on and rubbed it in. I could immediately feel my grip become almost "nonskid". Crazy. I dunked my hands in the water and it repelled like ceramic car polish. Amazing! I fished 7.5 hours and never reapplied. My hands at the end of the day were not shriveled up and wrinkled and my grip was still improved at 3pm. Amazing product. 10 of 10.

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X