Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

2 minutes ago, Dave Hamilton said:

Bought a 7 wood today to replace my 6 iron that I have struggled to hit consistently. I'll put it in play tomorrow 

I love my 7w!! Which one did you go with?

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

11 hours ago, musicalmedicine said:

That is a tough one. I also have the Ping 4 Hybrid and its a love hate relationship that goes back and fourth. The past few weeks it has been my most consistent club, other times it has been the club I won't even look at on the course. Either way, the solution is almost always buy more gear. What 9 wood are you looking at?

I had a love/hate relationship with all my hybrids. Finally, I gave up and went with a 7 wood replacement for my 4 iron. I've been happy ever since and then I also learned to use the 4 iron giving me different club choices depending on the course I'm playing - low running shots (4 iron) or high "soft" landing shots (7 wood). 

Only a thought not a suggestion!

Going to try a 6 hybrid to cover the gap between my 5 iron and my 5 hybrid.
The 3 hybrid is close to demotion as I'm hitting the 7 wood a little better and the same distance

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

13 hours ago, RoyN said:

Ok my ping 4 hybrid is trying its hardest to get thrown out of the bag. Do I dare go 9 wood? Try something else? And leaving it out isn't an option and would leave me with a 20-25 plus yard gap.

Maybe im just looking to buy something but I know my confidence with that club is at an all time low.

I'm right there with you. I just don't hit an iron consistently enough or a hybrid high enough. 

15 hours ago, RoyN said:

Maybe im just looking to buy something

..haha if you're looking for someone to say "No don't do it" you're in the wrong place... 😂

I'm in a similar spot - not using my 5W a lot (but love my 7W; tried but didn't like a 9W) - and just bought a 3H (Cobra King Tec) on sale that may (or may not) replace it).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

6 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

..haha if you're looking for someone to say "No don't do it" you're in the wrong place... 😂

I'm in a similar spot - not using my 5W a lot (but love my 7W; tried but didn't like a 9W) - and just bought a 3H (Cobra King Tec) on sale that may (or may not) replace it).

My Ping 425 7 wood is as dependable as any club in my bag with exception of putter. I am literally thinking of turning the loft all the way up and getting either a new G430 7 wood or probably the new AI smoke 7 wood which seems to have a little more distance than the Ping in the videos I have watched . They will both be  a 7 wood but should have a good distance gap, if not I have a spare Ping shaft I can cut an inch off of if I have to.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

My Ping 425 7 wood is as dependable as any club in my bag with exception of putter. I am literally thinking of turning the loft all the way up and getting either a new G430 7 wood or probably the new AI smoke 7 wood which seems to have a little more distance than the Ping in the videos I have watched . They will both be  a 7 wood but should have a good distance gap, if not I have a spare Ping shaft I can cut an inch off of if I have to.

Just make sure yoy remember which 7w is which!  😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

17 hours ago, musicalmedicine said:

That is a tough one. I also have the Ping 4 Hybrid and its a love hate relationship that goes back and fourth. The past few weeks it has been my most consistent club, other times it has been the club I won't even look at on the course. Either way, the solution is almost always buy more gear. What 9 wood are you looking at?

I have an old 5 hybrid Cleveland mashie in the bag.. I've replaced every club but that one.. Just got a new grip for it..I see myself retiring with this club in my bag then getting buried with it

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

4 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Up or down? I have a G430 7 wood turned down to 19 both because I wanted a little length and they look very closed to me at address if not. It's filling an excellent gap at 240-250 for me right now. 

8 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I bought the D3 new and still use it. It's a great driver. Nice, easy swings get me 270+ yds and relatively little left or right deviation (most of the time).

I bought the new VGP01 and just got it in the mail today. I'm itching to use it and compare it to my odyssey lab stroke mallet.

Putter Faces.jpg

Putter Full.jpg

Putter Grips.jpg

Putter Heads.jpg

Interested to hear your feedback on the Vice putter!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

I bought the D3 new and still use it. It's a great driver. Nice, easy swings get me 270+ yds and relatively little left or right deviation (most of the time).

I bought the new VGP01 and just got it in the mail today. I'm itching to use it and compare it to my odyssey lab stroke mallet.

Putter Faces.jpg

Putter Full.jpg

Putter Grips.jpg

Putter Heads.jpg

Oh wow! You may be the first member to own a vice putter!

Been looking to replace my 3 hybrid as my Mavrik keeps going right. After trying a few I bought a Cobra King TecIMG_5815.jpeg.8a8de3d03936e32fbb9f1d11d39584a8.jpegIMG_5812.jpeg.ccaf3f81f6364dc72911f4cd6584c163.jpeg

Took it to the range last night for its first outing and all I can say is wow!

Averaged 210 yards with it, great flight and straight so looking forward to getting on the course with it

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

13 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Interested to hear your feedback on the Vice putter!

Same here. I just found out yesterday that Vice started making clubs, and of course we already have members who have them! lol

Here's a great video from New Nine Golf. He's based in Calgary Canada and makes some of the best golf content out there. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero & Epic Flash TaylorMade M5 Mizuno ST-190

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 16º (2014) Adams Black Super Hybrid 17º / Adams Super Hybrid 19º

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey 2-Ball® / O-Works 2-Ball Fang Tank Ping Candence TR Tomcat C