Got Problems?

ole gray

You got it! The wife is planning the EBS (early bird special) right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yup I was right , going to Japanese Steakhouse for EBS.

There's an ESB and 2 for 1 everywhere in FL and don't get in the seniors way.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My truck has another issue, I played like a butt head today, and that's just the beginning! [emoji78]

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Just an observation but when did $500-$600 drivers start having Oven mitts" as head covers? For that kind of bucks can they do a little better than that?

Rick

Left Hand, 

I actually like the "oven mitts" better than the normal driver covers. Just curious, what do you mean by "a little better?" You mean leather or something? That would be nice...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I actually like the "oven mitts" better than the normal driver covers. Just curious, what do you mean by "a little better?" You mean leather or something? That would be nice...

The ones I saw on a $500 driver looked a bit cheap looking . All of the guys who have bought the new round of drivers/fareway woods have switched out the mitts for different headcovers. I would do the same, I like the sleeve on the head over protecting the shaft from the irons .

Rick

Left Hand, 

The ones I saw on a $500 driver looked a bit cheap looking . All of the guys who have bought the new round of drivers/fareway woods have switched out the mitts for different headcovers. I would do the same, I like the sleeve on the head over protecting the shaft from the irons .

My Epic oven mitt isn't too bad. I kinda like the old school look, and it covers a bit down the shaft where I'm not concerned about irons whacking the shaft.

That said, I agree that for $500 they should give me something better -- maybe if it could do my taxes for me or something, that'd be pretty useful. :D

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I totally agree. I'm really worried about my shaft because the cover doesn't go all the way down...

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Just an observation but when did $500-$600 drivers start having Oven mitts" as head covers? For that kind of bucks can they do a little better than that?

I've heard them called "boxing gloves"... sounds a bit 'tougher' than oven mitts.  :lol:

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Delta disappointed me once again last night and got me into Las Vegas nowhere near my scheduled arrival time.  On a good note I bumped into Lebron James and Chris Paul when I went down to B Bar for a beer.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I've heard them called "boxing gloves"... sounds a bit 'tougher' than oven mitts. :lol:

I don't know, look an awful lot my BBQ gloves [emoji41]

Rick

Left Hand, 

The wheels have officially fell off....

Went to the range today, I am hitting everything dead right. Not HoselRocketed just leaving the clubface open.

Went to the short game area. My wedge game (favorite part of my game) is gone.

Every time i start to trend lower in my scoring TSHTF!!

Think I'm gonna take up putt putt.

Damn swing changes has me going nuts. Has to get worse before it gets better right?

The wheels have officially fell off....

Went to the range today, I am hitting everything dead right. Not HoselRocketed just leaving the clubface open.

Went to the short game area. My wedge game (favorite part of my game) is gone.

Every time i start to trend lower in my scoring TSHTF!!

Think I'm gonna take up putt putt.

Damn swing changes has me going nuts. Has to get worse before it gets better right?

Grasshopper, never try to make sense if this stupid game. Just keep going and be happy with the good days and be like a baseball relief pitcher forget the bad ones.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Grasshopper, never try to make sense if this stupid game. Just keep going and be happy with the good days and be like a baseball relief pitcher forget the bad ones.

Yeah, I'd rather the wheels fall off at the range than on the course. My range session before the last round was similar, not much was working. Put it behind me before we teed off and none of the range issues showed up that day.

Yeah, I'd rather the wheels fall off at the range than on the course. My range session before the last round was similar, not much was working. Put it behind me before we teed off and none of the range issues showed up that day.

U betcha! All the bad Karma left at the range.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Ok so my old pick um truck has been on the ailing side of late.  It has been stalling out after cranking it up like it's starving for gas.   So my local mechanic says he has a good idea what might be causing the problem.  It's something to do with the security system that once the truck is started it goes into protect mode so the fuel injectors stop sending fuel. The problem started with me having a hard time getting the key to turn and once I did get it to engage the damn truck would surge then stop. The mechanic tells me we can order a new key cylinder and housing unit plus labor and $425.00 bucks we can most likely get this thing resolved.  Most likely my arse as I've spent enough already this month to feed half the chillun in China.. jk ;)   My step son calls to talk to his Mom and she ends up telling him how pissed I am about my truck problems.  She tells him about the key not wanting to turn issue and he says his good friend had the exact same problem with his truck a couple days ago.  Says he just had the dealer clear the code and make another key and all was good!  So I call the GMC dealer in Athens and asked about getting another key made and they told me who they have doing this sort of thing.  I get the key made and stick that puppy deep down the hot spot.  It felt good, really good and all of a sudden my truck fires up like it's ready to put a whupping on a Ford or something. I had two keys made and an extra for my tool box.  $22.00 bucks and my issue is resolved.  I owe my step son a steak dinner and my mechanic a kick in the ass!    

Cleveland

Not many times where the dealer is the place to turn to for a cheap fix. Nice!

Not many times where the dealer is the place to turn to for a cheap fix. Nice!

Yup exactly! Actually the dealer sent me to a local Master Locksmith that they refer folks to.  Yea I feel lucky today  :D 

Cleveland

bored at work waiting to leave for our 3:00 pm tee time!!!

Sometimes, I must learn to just keep my mouth shut.   I was with the wife and some in-laws all of whom are devoted Orioles fans.   They know I am a Redskins fan, so they wanted to know if I supported the Nationals.  I told them that I am not a big baseball fan, but if you put a gun to my head, it would be the Nationals because the National League still plays real baseball.   With the designated hitter, the American league plays a form of baseball.  Believe me, I wished I hadn't said that. They just didn't agree that when you never need to worry about pinch hitting a pitcher having a great game or walking a batter prior to the pitcher scheduled to hit a significant factor to the game has been eliminated. 

I agree, no DH. Also, you don't have to worry about a DH being a defensive liability.

But you are correct, I have learned There are some topics that I don't even get involved in discussing. Generally they happen after dinner, I just get up, clear the table, and wash dishes.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

bored at work waiting to leave for our 3:00 pm tee time!!!

Ah...is this the first round of real test with the Mizzzy's  I'm so envious...ha

Sometimes, I must learn to just keep my mouth shut.   I was with the wife and some in-laws all of whom are devoted Orioles fans.   They know I am a Redskins fan, so they wanted to know if I supported the Nationals.  I told them that I am not a big baseball fan, but if you put a gun to my head, it would be the Nationals because the National League still plays real baseball.   With the designated hitter, the American league plays a form of baseball.  Believe me, I wished I hadn't said that. They just didn't agree that when you never need to worry about pinch hitting a pitcher having a great game or walking a batter prior to the pitcher scheduled to hit a significant factor to the game has been eliminated. 

Honestly, I think it has less to do with the DH than it does with them being Orioles fans, I have come to find that just about every Oriole and Raven fan I know has a high case of inferiority complex compared to Redskin fans, and believe me the last 20 years the Redskin fans, if anything had the reason to have an inferiority complex...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Why is it that the pitcher is a player that needs a DH?  Sure they throw anywhere between 20 and 110 pitches during a game, but then have a few days off until their next start.  They should have time for batting practice.  When I was a kid through Little League and H.S. baseball, the pitcher was usually the best player on a team, including the best hitter.  They get to the pros and they all of sudden they need a DH?  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Why is it that the pitcher is a player that needs a DH?  Sure they throw anywhere between 20 and 110 pitches during a game, but then have a few days off until their next start.  They should have time for batting practice.  When I was a kid through Little League and H.S. baseball, the pitcher was usually the best player on a team, including the best hitter.  They get to the pros and they all of sudden they need a DH?  

Honestly, professional baseball is a business and I think  the DH is a business decision.   I'm guessing the League thinks that the additional action with a DH will put more butts in the seats.    

Why is it that the pitcher is a player that needs a DH? Sure they throw anywhere between 20 and 110 pitches during a game, but then have a few days off until their next start. They should have time for batting practice. When I was a kid through Little League and H.S. baseball, the pitcher was usually the best player on a team, including the best hitter. They get to the pros and they all of sudden they need a DH?

Once you get to the higher levels, it takes an extreme amount of practice to be able to hit successfully. The pitchers get better and better as you move up the ranks and you can't just step up to the plate and smack it around the park.

The same goes for pitching. In between starts, there's a comprehensive day-by-day conditioning and throwing routine that you must go through to be ready for your next start. While you're not on the mind throwing, you're definitely not wasting your time.

Put those together, and there's not enough hours in the day to be good at both.

It's for this reason that pitchers either don't hit (AL) or are easy outs (NL). It's for this same reason that you don't see your right fielder coming in to pitch unless you're getting blown out.

As far as the DH/no DH argument, I like having both. Both leagues have their own identity. Without DH, there would be no David Ortiz (for you Boston fans). I'm all for rules that give players a chance for success that would otherwise not exist. See the careers of the long putter guys for a prime example.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Honestly, professional baseball is a business and I think  the DH is a business decision.   I'm guessing the League thinks that the additional action with a DH will put more butts in the seats.    

You are probably right, but I don't see a disparity in attendance between the NL and AL.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Once you get to the higher levels, it takes an extreme amount of practice to be able to hit successfully. The pitchers get better and better as you move up the ranks and you can't just step up to the plate and smack it around the park.

The same goes for pitching. In between starts, there's a comprehensive day-by-day conditioning and throwing routine that you must go through to be ready for your next start. While you're not on the mind throwing, you're definitely not wasting your time.

Put those together, and there's not enough hours in the day to be good at both.

It's for this reason that pitchers either don't hit (AL) or are easy outs (NL). It's for this same reason that you don't see your right fielder coming in to pitch unless you're getting blown out.

As far as the DH/no DH argument, I like having both. Both leagues have their own identity. Without DH, there would be no David Ortiz (for you Boston fans). I'm all for rules that give players a chance for success that would otherwise not exist. See the careers of the long putter guys for a prime example.

All valid points.  I know the game has changed a lot in recent years, just like pro golf.  I remember watching baseball when I was a kid, and sure many pitchers were easy outs, but there were always a few who could actually hit pretty well, and bunt better.

Why is it that the pitcher is a player that needs a DH? Sure they throw anywhere between 20 and 110 pitches during a game, but then have a few days off until their next start. They should have time for batting practice. When I was a kid through Little League and H.S. baseball, the pitcher was usually the best player on a team, including the best hitter. They get to the pros and they all of sudden they need a DH?

Hitting live pitching once every five or six days in a game situation is not easy. At that level you need reps and a lot of them. When I got to the collegiate level I stayed on the mound for that exact reason and pinch hit once or twice a week and played about five games a season in the field. I was all world in the cage during BP and hit about .200 in game situations.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

All valid points. I know the game has changed a lot in recent years, just like pro golf. I remember watching baseball when I was a kid, and sure many pitchers were easy outs, but there were always a few who could actually hit pretty well, and bunt better.

There still are a few that can hit.

https://youtu.be/W2GlTUfHlg0

WITB 2024

All valid points. I know the game has changed a lot in recent years, just like pro golf. I remember watching baseball when I was a kid, and sure many pitchers were easy outs, but there were always a few who could actually hit pretty well, and bunt better.

There's still a few that can hit but we're talking 2-3 pitchers out of the whole league. Micah Owings comes to mind as someone who was a good hitting pitcher. He actually made the switch to full time outfielder.

Bunting is no easy task either. That takes a bunch of practice by itself.

Hitting live pitching once every five or six days in a game situation is not easy. At that level you need reps and a lot of them. When I got to the collegiate level I stayed on the mound for that exact reason and pinch hit once or twice a week and played about five games a season in the field. I was all world in the cage during BP and hit about .200 in game situations.

Yup. Whole different ball game when the pitcher is actually trying to get you out lol.