Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

On 11/17/2018 at 10:59 AM, tommc23 said:

The kennels are secured via screws to the drawer and the drawer is heavy when loaded(it is) and that has some tie downs to the truck bed. With the damage being the fender I feel that the cap needs to come off but we will see20181117_073719.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That won't buff out! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Anyone ever use progressive eyeglass lenses or multi focal contacts? Found out at my eye appointment today that I am a candidate for both. This over 40 thing really is starting to suck in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

18 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Anyone ever use progressive eyeglass lenses or multi focal contacts? Found out at my eye appointment today that I am a candidate for both. This over 40 thing really is starting to suck in a lot of ways.

I may one day switch, for now I just use readers and normal contacts.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I may one day switch, for now I just use readers and normal contacts.  

I've used both clear and Ray Ban progressives for as long as I can remember.

The only problem that I encounter is that when all the way back in my recliner,

I'm looking at TV through the wrong lenses.

After a while, I just say to hell with it and fall asleep.

I've used progressives for the past 20 + years and am pretty comfortable with them on and off the course. Initially they took a little bit of getting use to (maybe a week,) but after that they worked great. Over the past 5 years I've gotten transition lenses with my progressives, which darken in sunlight, that way I don't need to carry 2 different pairs with me all the time.

In the scheme of things that don't work so well as you get older this is small potatoes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've used progressives for the past 20 + years and am pretty comfortable with them on and off the course. Initially they took a little bit of getting use to (maybe a week,) but after that they worked great. Over the past 5 years I've gotten transition lenses with my progressives, which darken in sunlight, that way I don't need to carry 2 different pairs with me all the time.

In the scheme of things that don't work so well as you get older this is small potatoes.

Thanks and I would agree with the little things and this is one of them. I did the translations as well in the glasses so I could possibly wear them to play golf. Glasses and golf never worked well for me in the past so hopefully these work a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Thanks and I would agree with the little things and this is one of them. I did the translations as well in the glasses so I could possibly wear them to play golf. Glasses and golf never worked well for me in the past so hopefully these work a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing you'll want to watch using progressives is putting. I find it slightly distorts my putting line, however, I do have a strong prescription so I'm sure it affects me more than others. So if your putting goes south wearing these glasses, don't blame your putting skills - it could just be the glasses.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I used multifocal contacts for two years and loved them, but as I needed more help up close, I started to lose a bit at distance, especially when driving at night. I went back to normal contacts this year and use readers for up close. Depending on how much close correction you need, they can be a great thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I was told at my last eye visit in April, I would have to start using progressive lenses by next year. I can no longer wear contact lenses due to my own negligence and irresponsibility. I wore them too much, often for days at a time and developed a condition in my eyes that doesn’t allow me to wear contacts anymore.

Wearing glasses on the golf course took a bit to get used to. Mainly around the green and addressing the ball. Everything had a rounded look to it. Like I was looking down at a golf ball teed up on a basketball sitting on an exercise ball. Once I got used to it, it has been fantastic. Especially with transitions lenses. I don’t know why I ever chose to wear contacts!

Take a look at Zenni Optical for recreation or sport glasses. My family has been using them for over a decade.

I was told at my last eye visit in April, I would have to start using progressive lenses by next year. I can no longer wear contact lenses due to my own negligence and irresponsibility. I wore them too much, often for days at a time and developed a condition in my eyes that doesn’t allow me to wear contacts anymore.

Wearing glasses on the golf course took a bit to get used to. Mainly around the green and addressing the ball. Everything had a rounded look to it. Like I was looking down at a golf ball teed up on a basketball sitting on an exercise ball. Once I got used to it, it has been fantastic. Especially with transitions lenses. I don’t know why I ever chose to wear contacts!

Take a look at Zenni Optical for recreation or sport glasses. My family has been using them for over a decade.

Been wearing progressive lenses for 28 years. I do have some WylieX progressive sunglasses that I wear golfing. The curved lenses take the “rounded” look out if the putts on the green.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

In keeping with the new direction of this thread, I have something of a rant posed in the form of a question.  Just in time for the holidays!
Everyone knows that one guy who wears out his welcome.  He shows up uninvited, eats your food, drinks your drinks, kicks your dog, clogs up your toilet and sleeps on your couch for a week before you finally forget decorum and throw him out of your house.  You've likely known this guy since elementary school.  He isn't very well liked by anyone, especially those who have known him as long as you have.  He may even be obnoxious, annoying and something of a bully.
How do you rid yourself of this person permanently without going to prison or entering the witness protection program?
Are you married? Tell him he can't stay over anymore .. and blame it on the wife...!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

14 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:
On 11/21/2018 at 3:08 PM, sixcat said:
In keeping with the new direction of this thread, I have something of a rant posed in the form of a question.  Just in time for the holidays!
Everyone knows that one guy who wears out his welcome.  He shows up uninvited, eats your food, drinks your drinks, kicks your dog, clogs up your toilet and sleeps on your couch for a week before you finally forget decorum and throw him out of your house.  You've likely known this guy since elementary school.  He isn't very well liked by anyone, especially those who have known him as long as you have.  He may even be obnoxious, annoying and something of a bully.
How do you rid yourself of this person permanently without going to prison or entering the witness protection program?

Are you married? Tell him he can't stay over anymore .. and blame it on the wife...!

I am married and my original post was a bit facetious.  No way this POS is coming into my house!  For a bit of back-story, a guy I grew up with has suddenly reappeared into my life unexpectedly after nearly 30 years.  It has been a painful few months to say the least.  

We were in school together from kindergarten until graduation.  He was the school bully and never got punished because his mom was the meanest teacher in the school system.  The other students, teachers and administrators were terrified of her.  It's easy to see where his nature comes from.  He was a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than anyone else in school by age 8.  He hasn't grown much since early high school so, the rest of us caught up to him and he didn't like not being able to force his way into anything. 

Now that he has mysteriously reappeared, I have to figure out a way to get away from him.  He is still the same jackass at 45 he was at 15!  Simply telling him to get lost hasn't worked so far!

If it were me Six, I'd let him have it with both barrels, hold nothing back...but that's me.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I am married and my original post was a bit facetious.  No way this POS is coming into my house!  For a bit of back-story, a guy I grew up with has suddenly reappeared into my life unexpectedly after nearly 30 years.  It has been a painful few months to say the least.  
We were in school together from kindergarten until graduation.  He was the school bully and never got punished because his mom was the meanest teacher in the school system.  The other students, teachers and administrators were terrified of her.  It's easy to see where his nature comes from.  He was a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than anyone else in school by age 8.  He hasn't grown much since early high school so, the rest of us caught up to him and he didn't like not being able to force his way into anything. 
Now that he has mysteriously reappeared, I have to figure out a way to get away from him.  He is still the same jackass at 45 he was at 15!  Simply telling him to get lost hasn't worked so far!
That is a tough one. Maybe you need to start with, why is he back? Could there be some underlying reason? If indeed, and I think more likely, he has offended everyone in his current life, then you owe him no respect. A simple and direct approach I believe to be always the best. Now should he continue, you may need to look into legal avenues. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

51 minutes ago, kardboard.kid said:

That is a tough one. Maybe you need to start with, why is he back? Could there be some underlying reason? If indeed, and I think more likely, he has offended everyone in his current life, then you owe him no respect. A simple and direct approach I believe to be always the best. Now should he continue, you may need to look into legal avenues. Good luck.

Like I said, I was being facetious in my original post.

I don't think legal action will be required, at least I hope not.  It was just a shock to the system a few weeks ago to have this childhood bully attempt to start something at a high school football game 30 years after we last saw each other.  I am no longer the 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing pound kid I was in grade school.  I'm now 6'-2" tall and weigh over 250 pounds.  After 8 years of military service, I can be much more forceful when need be.  He got the point, I wasn't messing around.  Now, he's attempting to be "buddies" which isn't going to happen.  

His son is a senior football player for the local high school.  My daughter is an 8th grader in the marching band.  The only time I see him is at football games.  Given the state championship is in 2-weeks, I can't imagine this will be an issue much longer.  Especially since he was barred from school property during Saturday's playoff football game, i doubt I have to see him anymore.   

He is back simply because he has exhausted every conceivable relationship he has ever had, including his own family.  At this point, I think it's negative reinforcement.  He has burned so many bridges and alienated so many people, he doesn't have anywhere left to turn.  So he lashes out at anyone he comes into contact with.

Stereotypical school-yard bully turned town idiot!

Got home from Golf Monday noon to find trucks of all types and sizes on the street. It seems a water line fracture in front of a neighbor house. Repairs were done overnight so the water shutoff wasn’t that bad BUT we have a “Boil Water” issue for our street and some others. Should only be a couple of days but still a PIA.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Got home from Golf Monday noon to find trucks of all types and sizes on the street. It seems a water line fracture in front of a neighbor house. Repairs were done overnight so the water shutoff wasn’t that bad BUT we have a “Boil Water” issue for our street and some others. Should only be a couple of days but still a PIA.

Had similar recently, then you have a couple of days of 'Brown water' as the sediment in the pipes has been disturbed, not harmful but it's not easy trying to drink a glass of BROWN 😉 

*edit* Just remembered the water company told us to run all our cold taps full blast until it runs clear, only took about an hour after a day of sludge drinks 🙄

Edited by perseveringgolfer

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Small price to pay vs. being tethered to the restroom for several days 😱.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

We're boycotting beer at a local course. Our groups play a "Nine & Dine" venue there and have for a number of years now.  We usually have 3 foursomes. Like other places we play, we typically buy a pitcher or two of beer and some of the gals order wine.  For some reason, this restaurant (not part of the course) has the highest prices for spirits in the area.  We suspect its because it's so close to Yuma Marine AB and the local younger crowds gather there.  Anyway, we've come to the decision that $16 pitchers of beer and $8+ for a glass of wine is nuts.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Small price to pay vs. being tethered to the restroom for several days .

This is true

Rick

Left Hand, 

So my somewhat neighbor and I have issues with fed-ex, UPS, USPS. For some reason, I get their packages, and they get mine. Literally all for numbers the same, just two of them reversed. Is there anything we can do?

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

A boil water doesn’t mean there is something wrong with your water, it means there’s a possibility something is wrong. A boil water is issued until samples can be taken and sent off to the lab for bacterial test. A boil water is actually a good thing, it means the water guys are doing their job. Shouldn’t last more than 2-3 days.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Why do phone companies change how their phones operate? Just picked up a new phone today. My old one is 3 years old and finally died. My new one is an iPhone, like my previous 3-4 I’ve had, and there is almost nothing the same. Now it’ll be months figuring out this new demon.

CobraConnectChallenge3

A boil water doesn’t mean there is something wrong with your water, it means there’s a possibility something is wrong. A boil water is issued until samples can be taken and sent off to the lab for bacterial test. A boil water is actually a good thing, it means the water guys are doing their job. Shouldn’t last more than 2-3 days.

True. The Water Dept send a representative to explain to every home owner and a typed sheet explaining everything. They do an awesome job keeping us informed.
They need 2 positive Lab tests to lift the order.
We have 2 filters for drinking water but we still used bottled water for drinking.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 2 weeks later...
This the rant thread?

Anyways, I just lost my uncle yesterday to a heart attack at 59 years old. Please take care of yourselves ladies and gentlemen. Get your check ups.
Sorry to hear about your uncle!

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

This the rant thread?

Anyways, I just lost my uncle yesterday to a heart attack at 59 years old. Please take care of yourselves ladies and gentlemen. Get your check ups.

Sorry to hear. 59 is young!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

This the rant thread?

I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences!! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This the rant thread?

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. My father would say 59 gets younger every year. I'm starting to believe it.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

This the rant thread?

I wish you Strength during this tough time