Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Carbon vs Stainless

Tsecor

I'm about to have a custom soft tail milled and the last question I need to answer is what type of metal do I want.....what are the pros / cons of each and what should I consider as a long term gamer that I'm keeping for life.  I am not sure I ever hit a carbon but a lot of people seem to love the feel....please help!! 

Golf is cool

Carbon will require a lot more maintenance to keep it from rusting. That is during and after the round.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

49 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Carbon will require a lot more maintenance to keep it from rusting. That is during and after the round.

in raw form I agree. with a oil can coating or something, it becomes more durable, correct?

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

in raw form I agree. with a oil can coating or something, it becomes more durable, correct?

Yes but still needs to be treated regularly and wiped down every time before it goes into head cover. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, Tsecor said:

what do you mean by "raw"?  don't think i've seen a carbon putter sold without any kind of finish and just raw carbon steel like a raw wedge before.  even with an oil can or 3x black finish, it would only be marginally more durable at best.  you would still need to make sure it stays dry and treat with some sort of oil or silicone to avoid rusting.  the only way to have a carbon putter maintenance free and completely avoid rusting is to have it plated.