Premier $$$ Golf $$$ League $$$ Trying $$$ To $$$ Attract $$$ the $$$ Top $$$ Pro $$$ Golfers

Our Sponsors

Suppose this becomes a reality and they can field a season of events.

I can’t imagine courses would be willing to shut down play to their members for an experiment like this...especially when there’s a PGA, Korn Ferry, LPGA as well as other smaller tours and events.

Sounds more like Fyre fest to me.

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Except that someone like DJ, who is lifetime exempt on the PGA Tour could do the Premier League and still never lose his standing with the PGA Tour.  Mickelson and Tiger are the other two that could go to the PGL and come back and play anytime they wanted on the PGA Tour.  Rory has 18 PGA Tour wins (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McIlroy) so he needs two more to become lifetime exempt.  But honestly, Rory rejecting the Premier League was for entirely different reasons, as he stated with regards to how he can currently control his own schedule, and felt the restrictions of the Premier Golf League weren't beneficial for him personally.

The Catch 22 for this Premier League is that the players they need to commit to this don't need the money, and the players that would commit to this because of the money, can't do it because they risk losing everything they gained from the PGA Tour or Euro Tour.

Honestly, all of this PGL aside, a top player could, in theory, play all four majors, the four WGC's and maybe the Players and if playing at their best, not need the PGA Tour or the Euro Tour for anything.  Because as I see it, there is so much money just in those 8 events that why would a player need another Tour to satisfy their competitive golf desires?  

• WGC Mexico - Feb 20-23
  • WGC Match Play - Mar 25-29
  • Masters - Apr 9-12
  • PGA Championship May 14-17
  • US Open - June 18-21
  • WGC Memphis - July 2-5
  • Open Championship July 16-19
  • WGC - China Oct 31 - Nov 3

Maybe I am oversimplifying things, but a top player once gaining exemptions into majors and Top 50 in the world status, could essentially make that their schedule every year, and they'd never need the Euro Tour or PGA Tour ever again.  And with all that said, just looking at that sort of schedule, what would you need a Premier Golf League for, except if you were greedy?

I like this analysis - of course those guys needed one of the major tours in the first place and you need to play in enough events to keep your top 50 status - eventually the WGC tournaments would dry up.

This being my first one as a fantasy player I'm pretty stunned at whose in those things and whose not - it's not quite as lame as the Masters but man there are some guys that sneak their way in that have no chance of winning thereby bolstering the record of the top players - pretty eye opening.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Except that someone like DJ, who is lifetime exempt on the PGA Tour could do the Premier League and still never lose his standing with the PGA Tour.  Mickelson and Tiger are the other two that could go to the PGL and come back and play anytime they wanted on the PGA Tour.  Rory has 18 PGA Tour wins (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_McIlroy) so he needs two more to become lifetime exempt.  But honestly, Rory rejecting the Premier League was for entirely different reasons, as he stated with regards to how he can currently control his own schedule, and felt the restrictions of the Premier Golf League weren't beneficial for him personally.

The Catch 22 for this Premier League is that the players they need to commit to this don't need the money, and the players that would commit to this because of the money, can't do it because they risk losing everything they gained from the PGA Tour or Euro Tour.

Honestly, all of this PGL aside, a top player could, in theory, play all four majors, the four WGC's and maybe the Players and if playing at their best, not need the PGA Tour or the Euro Tour for anything.  Because as I see it, there is so much money just in those 8 events that why would a player need another Tour to satisfy their competitive golf desires?  

• WGC Mexico - Feb 20-23
  • WGC Match Play - Mar 25-29
  • Masters - Apr 9-12
  • PGA Championship May 14-17
  • US Open - June 18-21
  • WGC Memphis - July 2-5
  • Open Championship July 16-19
  • WGC - China Oct 31 - Nov 3

Maybe I am oversimplifying things, but a top player once gaining exemptions into majors and Top 50 in the world status, could essentially make that their schedule every year, and they'd never need the Euro Tour or PGA Tour ever again.  And with all that said, just looking at that sort of schedule, what would you need a Premier Golf League for, except if you were greedy?

Tiger built his career off a schedule very similar to this. Yes there are a events that he plays in but he has proven that it is possible. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

16 minutes ago, revkev said:

I like this analysis - of course those guys needed one of the major tours in the first place and you need to play in enough events to keep your top 50 status - eventually the WGC tournaments would dry up.

I'm not really sure that happens if you finish high enough in just 8 tournaments a year.  I mean, look at Tiger's OWGR currently, with just 33 events.  Say you average 10 points for each event of the 8 you play in every year.  That's 80 points per year, with a graded scale, meaning the points diminish over the course of 2 years, but a hypothetical 125 points, divided by 40, which is the minimum still gets you a 3.125 points average, meaning you are still in the top 30 in the world, which gets you into all 8 of those events, even if you don't win any of them.  And if you are averaging 10 points for each one of those events, that means you are making top 10s in every event you enter, at minimum.  But if all I am playing is those 8 events every year, I am well rested, and bring my A game every time, meaning I'm in near the top of the leaderboard.

Heck, this is how Tiger has gamed the system all these years as he feasts on WGC and Major OWGR points, and then cruises the rest of the time.  #9 in the world and he doesn't even have the minimum # of events in the divisor.  So I say that not only is it doable, but if I was in the position to pull it off, I'd play just that schedule and nothing else, and let the chips fall where they may.  And if you win a major, you are exempt into the other 3 majors for the next 5 years minimum, and probably to age 60 in the one you won, so maintaining exemption into majors isn't hard once you win one.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS