Ping Glide 3.0 SS vs. Eye2

Our Sponsors

I've recently acquired a Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54 sand wedge to replace my TM High-toe 54 and it is a huge improvement.  It maybe the best wedge I have ever owned.  It seems very easy to hit pitch and chip shots with it.  Now I am thinking about replacing my TM High-toe 60 degree wedge which is my primary wedge for bunkers.  I like the Eye2 design but the SS 54 really impresses me.  Have any of you played both the Eye2 grind and the SS grind and give me some idea about how they compare?  I know the old 1980's eye2 wedge was great out of bunkers.  Which is better from bunkers and which is more versatile for lob shots and heavy rough?  Thoughts?

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree Fubuki stiff shaft. 

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood, 

Callaway Epic 5 wood

Ping G410 22 hybrid. 

Ping g410 5-U. Aerotech Steelfiber i110 CW shafts

Ping Glide 3.0 54. 

Taylormade Hi-toe MG 60. 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Golo Select LH

I have a 58 degree in the new eye2 design and think it is as good as any wedge I’ve ever played. Good on full swings, great out of bunker and easy to chip with.  Having said that, I would say if you like the 3.0 from bunkers, get a 58 or 60 in that. No need to take a chance if the 3.0 does it for you. 

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Agree 100% regarding 3.0 Glide SS 54. I game it. Extremely versatile wedge. Also love the new version Eye2 grind but for me was not as versatile regarding extreme tight lies or hard pan. May have just been my swing and/or confidence due to the way the Eye2 appeared looking down in my setup. But no problems with any type shots with SS Glide 3.0 wedge. Everything is near perfect. Sure others have great experiences w/Eye2.

I've recently acquired a Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54 sand wedge to replace my TM High-toe 54 and it is a huge improvement.  It maybe the best wedge I have ever owned.  It seems very easy to hit pitch and chip shots with it.  Now I am thinking about replacing my TM High-toe 60 degree wedge which is my primary wedge for bunkers.  I like the Eye2 design but the SS 54 really impresses me.  Have any of you played both the Eye2 grind and the SS grind and give me some idea about how they compare?  I know the old 1980's eye2 wedge was great out of bunkers.  Which is better from bunkers and which is more versatile for lob shots and heavy rough?  Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app