Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

The ones sent by Titleist are 2021 balls? 

No, Drew told me today that the 2021 model will not be available to the public yet.  Probably not for a few more weeks. Only the Pro's have them in play now. 

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from th

Had my conference call with David Bustamante this morning.  Great chat and honestly wish those could happen a little more frequently during the work week! Started off talking about my game, since

Did you ask him for a few hundred dozen of the Left Dot Pro-V1’s...?  Asking for a friend.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

The ones sent by Titleist are 2021 balls? 

No. They are the 19. I was saying my current stash of the Prov1 plus the 19 version that fitter is sending will be what I compare to the 21 when they come out

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

No, Drew told me today that the 2021 model will not be available to the public yet.  Probably not for a few more weeks. Only the Pro's have them in play now. 

The 21 will be available in March when the release is official. The fitters are getting them in a couple weeks and only have white box version right now

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just finished going through my fitting.   We came to the conclusion that my best options are V1 or AVX.  Going to send me some of each to compare side by side to see which works best.   Thinks that V1 may be the best option, but AVX may be a good option to give me a little flatter/lower iron trajectory. 

• Like 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Just finished going through my fitting.   We came to the conclusion that my best options are V1 or AVX.  Going to send me some of each to compare side by side to see which works best.   Thinks that V1 may be the best option, but AVX may be a good option to give me a little flatter/lower iron trajectory. 

Did he say how long before you receive the trials?

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Didn't ask,  just said he would send them out to me.  

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My buddy got his pretty quick. All depends on how slow delivery service is.

• Like 1

They said they ship Fed Ex or UPS so it should be a rather quick delivery compared to USPS.

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My buddy got his pretty quick. All depends on how slow delivery service is.

Ok. I did my fitting over a week ago. Thanks!

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Ok. I did my fitting over a week ago. Thanks!

Me too. I don’t have mine yet but based on some other stuff I have tracking info on I have limited my expectations on when I’ll get the trial packs of balls

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just finished up my meeting with Drew at Titleist. Very helpful and knew what direction to go to give me my best results. Even though I kind of new he would put me in the Pro V1 he said that the new model would be even better for me due to it having a slightly higher launch which is what we were trying to achieve as well as having the spin to stop and not feel hard like the X. They are not available yet but he is sending me a sample pack of the current Pro V1 and a sample of the Tour Speed. He said I might like the AVX but it did have a lower ball flight. I told him I would try them but he didn't have to send me any. I have a dozen in the closet that I won in a tournament last season.

So you had Drew as well. Good guy. He shared that in August he moved from the midwest to the Front Range and is actually about an hour from our club. We discussed ball flight at elevation and about his take on the Pro V1 was that it just flattens out and goes. The consensus ended up being to stick with the Pro V1 and to not even mess with the X. We discussed how for me, the V goes further off of the driver. He also mentioned that in theory, if hit the same way, the driver distance of the V and the X should be roughly the same, based on what the ball designers are aiming for. The fitting was a good experience and summed up what has been working for me.

• Like 6

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Update to my last response.  I just got Fedex notification with tracking number that they are on their way. 

• Like 7

Drew is legit. He also mentioned he read this thread last night so...sup Drew. 

He's sending me AVX and Left Dash Pro V1x. I'm stoked. He also said to start at the green and work your way back when figuring out which ball is best for my game. Usually amateurs like myself put a few on the tee and see which is the longest and just go from there. It was cool to hear that when they fit pros, they don't look at a lot of the driver metrics that you and I might focus on...like ball speed, spin, etc because the longest off the tee means diddly squat when it doesn't do what you want 150y and in. 

Here's what is genius about this zoom fitting from Titleist: It's making customers for life...or for a really long time. You are giving the general public an opportunity to talk about your game to someone directly from the company from the comforts of your own home...or office...or wherever. Unless you can catch a rep at a ball fitting, you're relegated to getting your information from online forums and guys on YouTube that think everything is amazing. Outside from last year's MGS ball test, what do we have to go off of? Seriously. Are you going to trust some random person from the NE or a rep from the actual ball company in a 30 minute one on one session? I hope Titleist continues this for every major ball release. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
Again, I am thinking I'm in the same boat, and I hate clicky balls off of the wedges and putter. It messes with my distance control, reality or psychological. Am I a head case? 

I am just the opposite....I like the clicks sound when putting. You get that on the firmer Vx1.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

So glad to see so many of you taking advantage of this.  It really is a no brainer and like @txgolfjunkie said, I hope it's something Titleist is able to carry forward post pandemic in some fashion.

I know every company has good and knowledgeable reps, but I've spoken to many different reps and HQ staff from Titleist over the past several years and in addition their knowledge, they truly and honestly love talking with golfers about their game and equipment. 

• Like 5

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

21 hours ago, cnosil said:

Pretty much my finding as well, except that right at the end he felt the V1's fit me so well he sent me two packs of those.  Not received yet and I did not ask about delivery.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

5 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Drew is legit. He also mentioned he read this thread last night so...sup Drew. 

He's sending me AVX and Left Dash Pro V1x. I'm stoked. He also said to start at the green and work your way back when figuring out which ball is best for my game. Usually amateurs like myself put a few on the tee and see which is the longest and just go from there. It was cool to hear that when they fit pros, they don't look at a lot of the driver metrics that you and I might focus on...like ball speed, spin, etc because the longest off the tee means diddly squat when it doesn't do what you want 150y and in. 

Here's what is genius about this zoom fitting from Titleist: It's making customers for life...or for a really long time. You are giving the general public an opportunity to talk about your game to someone directly from the company from the comforts of your own home...or office...or wherever. Unless you can catch a rep at a ball fitting, you're relegated to getting your information from online forums and guys on YouTube that think everything is amazing. Outside from last year's MGS ball test, what do we have to go off of? Seriously. Are you going to trust some random person from the NE or a rep from the actual ball company in a 30 minute one on one session? I hope Titleist continues this for every major ball release. 

I mentioned to Drew that I heard about this on MGS. I think he got a chuckle out of that.  Ive got test balls from Titleist in the pass but none this year but holding out hope. 

• Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I just got a FedEx notification...balls on their way. Will arrive Monday. Drew ain't no slouch! 

• Like 5
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
12 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I just got a FedEx notification...balls on their way. Will arrive Monday. Drew ain't no slouch! 

Wow! We have collectively kept Drew very busy this week. Hopefully we have depleted his stash of balls.

• Like 3

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Just got my FedEx notification for a Monday delivery. Shout-out to David, who doesn't seem to be getting as much love as Drew, but definitely deserves it!

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
50*, 54*, 60* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review