Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Our Sponsors

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from th

Had my conference call with David Bustamante this morning.  Great chat and honestly wish those could happen a little more frequently during the work week! Started off talking about my game, since

Did you ask him for a few hundred dozen of the Left Dot Pro-V1’s...?  Asking for a friend.

Posted Images

sounds like a nice way to get a free sample of balls to try. thanks for sharing

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Got my Appt.......Jan 6 @ 1:00

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Oh that’s really cool, gonna give it a try!

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* Tensei Orange 60X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:taylormade-small: Spider X 35” 

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

:SuperSpeed:

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Got my Appt.......Jan 6 @ 1:00

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

Oh that’s really cool, gonna give it a try!

It was really fun.  Anytime you get a chance to speak directly with someone from one of the many companies, one thing usually stands out.   They love talking golf with us, as much as we do with them.  

Even if Titleist ends up not being your ball, you’ll come away with some good knowledge and a sample pack of the balls that would fit you.  

A win/win 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from the Titleist Ball Fitting Team. You fill out a questionnaire ahead of time.  Then during the call, Luke--in my case asked me about my current ball--Prov1X, why I chose it, what else I've played, then several questions about the type of shots I hit and what I want out of a ball. It wasn't cookie cutter at all, it was very individualized.

I play a Prov1X and the reason I do, is the higher launch, slightly longer distance and increased green spin.  He asked if I felt I lost just a touch of spin on say a 7 iron approach, would I still like the results.   I said, I suppose and asked why.   He went on to explain how the ProV1 Left Dash might help me with taking a tad more spin off the ball--which is something I said I wouldn't mind seeing off the tee.   He explained it will be a bit firmer feeling the VX, and if I felt I didn't like that, then I could absolutely stick with the X as it fits my game based on everything I said.

Part of the process is they send out a sample pack of the recommended ball, so that's pretty cool.

I highly recommend it for anyone that either wants to hear from a fitter which Titleist ball would fit them, or just in general learn more about ball performance. 

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-ball-fitting

Recommended and Alternative Golf Ball Sleeves

Mine is set-up for January 5th, mid-morning. I’m looking forward to it. Hoping they might answer some questions about the upcoming balls by then.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

When they ask for your address, just have them sent to the golf course so they can throw them away for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Fwy: 

• 3 weeks later...

Jan 12th appointment......now lets see if i can be 100% truthful when he asks about my game.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I try other brands...keep coming back to Titleist....why??

I had my appointment a few weeks ago and just received my testing sleeves. I completely agree with @Golfspy_CG2 about how much of a no brainer this is for everyone, regardless if you play Titleist or not. 

At the end of my virtual fitting we ended up deciding that the ProV1 that I currently play is probably the best ball for me. However we both thought that it would definitely be worth it for me to test the -ProV1X to make sure there isn't any potential benefits being left on the table. So I am definitely looking forward to getting the -ProV1x on the course to test out

• Like 4

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I finally got my 30 with Titleist. It was pretty cool, zoom mtg just like m6 doctor appointments. He was current with what I had entered when I made the Appt. We discussed the difference between the Q Star Tour and the Pro V1. I have been playing both but have also played Wilson FG Tours and Maxfli Tour CG. After a brief discussion I let him know that I play Pro V1 but want a higher flight. He said the 1x would provide a higher flight and still give me decent stopping power on the green.

He then suggested the new Tour Speed might also fit my game. So I will get a short sleeve of both( Pro V1x & Tour Speed). Overall, a very informative 30 minutes. Hats off to Titleist for this new approach.

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I just had my fitting yesterday. If nothing else, it was fun to talk about golf with the guy! And you get some golf balls to test? Glorious. It was also quite interesting talking about the changes for the ‘21 lineup that will be launching in a few weeks. Softer feel and more green side spin is the theme, and they’ve developed a new urethane cover. Should be a fun ball to test. 

• Like 2

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Wow, there are going to be some really busy and likely chat exhausted Titleist folks when this offering expires.  This is a pretty neat promotional idea - makes you wonder if they are trying things to maximize staff time and how to reach existing and perspective customers during the pandemic?  Getting the better part of $20 worth of balls for free is certainly an attention grabber.

Have any of you who did the live chat have also taken their on-line ball selector?  Did it result in a different outcome?  I just did the on-line tool, several times, starting with different "what ball do you currently play" (ProV1, MTB, Chromesoft, and Bridgestone BX S) and keep coming up with ProV1. 

image.png.052a2f0352f316962d99516dd23ec601.png

It seems odd that the on-line tool does not ask for swing or ball speed - is this a question in the live chat fitting?  My Truespec fitter suggested I try some AVX; which interestingly enough shows up as the "alternative ball".  I guess I should sign up for the chat and see if it yields a different ball.

...just scheduled for tomorrow at 1300.  

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, there are going to be some really busy and likely chat exhausted Titleist folks when this offering expires.  This is a pretty neat promotional idea - makes you wonder if they are trying things to maximize staff time and how to reach existing and perspective customers during the pandemic?  Getting the better part of $25 worth of balls for free is certainly an attention grabber.

Have any of you who did the live chat have also taken their on-line ball selector?  Did it result in a different outcome?  I just did the on-line tool, several times, starting with different "what ball do you currently play" (ProV1, MTB, Chromesoft, and Bridgestone BX S) and keep coming up with ProV1. 

image.png.052a2f0352f316962d99516dd23ec601.png

It seems odd that the on-line tool does not ask for swing or ball speed - is this a question in the live chat fitting?  My Truespec fitter suggested I try some AVX; which interestingly enough shows up as the "alternative ball".  I guess I should sign up for the chat and see if it yields a different ball.

...just scheduled for tomorrow at 1300.  

My conversation with the fitter focused more on current/desired ball flight, feel, and free side spin. He mentioned their research hasn’t shown swing speed to be a determining factor in what ball you should play comparative to the metrics listed. 

• Like 3

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Finished my virtual fitting. Took about 5 mins to figure out the ball I’m playing and have been playing consistently is the best options for me. Could I play another ball in the tour lineup without concern? Yup but then it comes down to as the fitter described nitpicking shots which if we can avoid why not avoid. The left dash is an option but doesn’t check the boxes we both agreed were checked and work for me in my current ball. So after a 15 min chat and agreement the Prov1 regardless of year is the best ball for me and will be even happier with the 2021 version 

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

After reading the comments it sounds like a fun thing to go through.  Signed up for next week. 

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had my fitting this past Monday, and it was great. We talked about what ball I play now, why, had I tried others, why I didn’t play those, we talked about my driver swing (I had data), and irons, shots around the green, EVERYTHING!!! So worth it! I’m a Pro V1X guy now, and his thought is I’ll continue to be. 
I can’t say enough about this experience! It’s SO worth 30 minutes of your day.

• Like 6

Fwy: