Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Getting Kids into Golf

Hi All, 

This is my first time posting. I am looking for advice on when and how to get kids involved in golf. I have two girls under the age of three and I wanted to start getting my three year old involved. Right now, I have been getting her interested in putting by using a toy putter and putting mat. I was thinking about taking her to a practice green and trying to make it a game out of it. As such, I am looking for suggestions on getting young children involved in the game and when is it a good age to take them along for a round. 

Bag - :Ogio: Cart bag

Driver:cobra-small: - Cobra F8+  Tensei CK AV Blue 55

3 Wood :taylormade-small:-Taylormade RBZ 15 degree

4 hybrid -:taylormade-small: Taylormade RBZ 22 degree

5-p Irons -:titelist-small:Titleist AP2 714 - S300 Shaft

Approach Wedge -:taylormade-small: Taylormade Burner 2.0 

52, 56, 60 - Kirkland Wedge Set

Putter - Kirkland Putter or Odyssey White Hot Dart 

Ball - Kirkland v2

Pushing - :CaddyTek:  3 wheel swivel 

I think the first golf related thing I did with my kids was probably mini golf when they were like 3/5. At some point I started taking them to the range with some junior clubs some time after that. The first time I took them to a course to play my son was 7 and my daughter was 9. I would just start them about 150 out and let them try. They’d get 3 shots to get to the green and then they’d have to putt. My son took to it but my daughter never really did. 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

Keeping an eye on this thread, I started taking my 6yo daughter to the range during quarantine and my daughter has really taken to it. I don't really teach her much, right now it is just "Do your best to hit the ball, grip it and rip it" as I don't want to push much while still emphasizing ball contact. She also likes to putt around the living room. I haven't gotten around to taking her to the course yet though.

Also something you might be interested in...

@GolfSpy MPR has a thread about his sons golf journey that might be relevant. Link Below

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft