Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PXG: Post-Fitting Adjustments - What's in Play and What's Not?

BrenkJ

I was fitted for a new set of PXG irons recently.    After about a week with the clubs, I love the actual irons, but I think I may have been fitted into a set of shafts that are not a great match for me and my swing.    I know PXG advertises that they will happily do "tweaks" to a fitting after-the-fact.   Does this include switching to a different shaft, or does it just cover simple things like adjusting the loft, lie angle, etc.?

they will reshaft but it’s going to probably cost something to do it?

What are you seeing that’s different from your fitting and now?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I would think your first thought would be to talk to PXG and find out from them.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

16 hours ago, BrenkJ said:

I was fitted for a new set of PXG irons recently.    After about a week with the clubs, I love the actual irons, but I think I may have been fitted into a set of shafts that are not a great match for me and my swing.    I know PXG advertises that they will happily do "tweaks" to a fitting after-the-fact.   Does this include switching to a different shaft, or does it just cover simple things like adjusting the loft, lie angle, etc.?

My first thought is, could it just be that they are different to what you are familiar with on the course?   You are getting past the 'focusing because they are new' phase and into the 'just playing' mindset, but they still feel different to what you are expecting sub-conciously.

Edited by Pandaman

I got fitted for some PXG 0211 irons last August. I think they're great clubs, but I think they got my lie angle wrong. I'm over 6'4" and they had me at 1 degree FLAT; all of my previous fittings have had me at least 2 degrees UP. So I recently had them bent to 1 degree UP, which was as far as they could go due to them being cast heads.

Anyway, I remember speaking with a rep on the phone who coordinated my fitting appointment. I had assumed that he was located out west (PXG is headquartered in Arizona), but then about two weeks ago I was at the range and the guy hitting balls next to me was wearing a PXG jacket. I struck up a conversation with him and discovered he was the territorial rep who I spoke with over the phone months ago! He lives in the same Houston suburb as me; what a crazy coincidence!

On 2/16/2022 at 4:34 AM, BrenkJ said:

Recently got fitted by PXG for 0211DC Irons, when they eventually arrived they were 1/2" undersized and C7 Swingweight! Mitsubishi MMT 70 regs. I'm 6'1", 200lbs  C7!!

Apparently that's what the fitted recommended  but didn't say that so complained and PXG did a free upgrade. 1/2" oversize, MMT 80 Stiff. Even paid for the shipping back and forth. Great Service but suspect fitting. If the fitted had said what specs we was ordering I would have known then they were wrong?

But After Sales Service since has been superb. Such so that I now have the 0211 #7 Wood #4 Hybrid AND Driver! 

"They called it golf because all of the other four letter words were used" Raymond Floyd