Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Jumbomax grips and a chipper...

Im just curious if anyone has tried one of the XL JumboMax grips on a chipper like the Cleveland Smart Sole 4 Chipper?

I know you cannot put a putter grip on a chipper and be legal, but wouldnt this accomplish almost the same thing?

Driver - Callaway Paradym 9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Epic Speed Heavenwood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

Funny you mention that.  I've put a couple of the Jumbo Max Str8 grips on putters to see how they might work.  Unfortunately it's been a hideous spring in the upper midwest thus far, still waiting to try the concept.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

• 4 weeks later...

I work in club repair and do a lot of grips. I also carry the Cleveland smart sole chipper. I personally have a jumbo cpx grip. Ive seen a few chippers come through with all kinds of grip requests. Never had a XL jumbomax grip on a chipper but I did put a Small one on. Depends on how you plan on using the club.

Edited by RoyN

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

I use Pure jumbo wrap grips on all my clubs. I have an old Doug Saunders chipper, which I use from 100 yards in unless I have a hazard next to the green. Much more consistent than with high loft clubs.  This has been a consistent club for me, though I am fighting an over-the-top tendency lately.

Pete

• 1 month later...

I have a Jumbo Max on my Chipper, it's the same grip I use on all my clubs. Bonus, it's about the same size and my putter grip, and since it's a putter style chipper, it feels great. I posted a long write up in the Callaway X Act chipper thread, once again, if you can't break 80, you should be utilizing a Chipper! (IMO)

I've had a JumboMax on my Cleveland Smart Sole C-Wedge for a while.  I found that near the green when you are taking more of a putting stroke it's great.  Farther away as you take more a swing (or a full swing), you have to be careful.  I found that it cuts a bit more and doesn't go as far.  Overall it's a good combination since it's mostly used to bump and run.

-elvis14, Hacker, Engineer, Dad, CG Camper, Co-Founder of From Your Neighbor