Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Will I regret a white golf bag?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I did a quick search but couldn’t find the answer I was looking.

I am Shopping for a new golf bag and have narrowed it down to two thanks to MGS! One of them is the Titleist hybrid 14. I was able to find a white one in stock. I live in the PNW and I’m a little concerned that the white color will show everything. I really don’t want to spend time cleaning the bag constantly in the spring and fall seasons here. I have only had darker bags in the past. Should I opt to stick with a dark color despite how good the white looks when new?

In addition to the normal golf course wear and tear, I drive a truck. So this bag will not live in a “clean trunk”. My kids seem to make it a point to make the back seat area as dirty as possible. Thank you for any feedback! 

1 hour ago, 3jackPro said:

I really don’t want to spend time cleaning the bag constantly in the spring and fall seasons here.

I think this statement answers your question on why not to get a white bag.   The bags material will also factor in how easy it is to clean; the white on my bag with similar material does show dirt. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had a white Callaway bag a while ago. (My son is using it these days) They will show dust & dirt for sure, but it’s also a great look in a bag. I’d say “Go for it” if you dig the bag. Spray it with some protectant like is used for shoes and hope for the best!

Send pics!! 👍🏼

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

5 hours ago, 3jackPro said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I did a quick search but couldn’t find the answer I was looking.

I am Shopping for a new golf bag and have narrowed it down to two thanks to MGS! One of them is the Titleist hybrid 14. I was able to find a white one in stock. I live in the PNW and I’m a little concerned that the white color will show everything. I really don’t want to spend time cleaning the bag constantly in the spring and fall seasons here. I have only had darker bags in the past. Should I opt to stick with a dark color despite how good the white looks when new?

In addition to the normal golf course wear and tear, I drive a truck. So this bag will not live in a “clean trunk”. My kids seem to make it a point to make the back seat area as dirty as possible. Thank you for any feedback! 

Welcome from the dry, dusty side of the Cascades!  We don't have the mud, but the wind blows the dust around and it gets into everything!  My wife wanted a white bag with the WSU Cougar logo, but thought it was too much to clean.

I say... White bags looks great!!  While the dark colors don't show the dirt like white, the dirt is still there and I know it!  Also I think a clean bag lasts longer, but no data to support that.  If you are a person that makes sure the clubs are clean, then cleaning a bag should also be part of the routine.  Go for it!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 5 months later...

I got this bag last summer and the blue sections look brand new, but the white shows stains and discoloration even though I've sprayed it with scotch guard.  I still love the bag, but if you are a neat freak I'd recommend a dark color.

hoofer_13_navy_white_red_708x708.jpg

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- PXG Battle Ready Mustang 
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

I've had a vessel bag for several years now, it's mainly white with some blue trim.  It has held up wonderfully and I use a magic clean eraser sponge thing to keep it clean.  Really easy to keep up with it and it looks great.  I think like mentioned above, it probably depends on what the material the bag is made from and the overall quality.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

I don't think i would ever go with a white bag. Kids, dogs and well i play often enough in wet weather that it would not be white for very long. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I love the look of a white bag... until I don't... haha.  My current bag is the Titleist hybrid 14 in white.  Love it... but it does show the environment quickly.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I've got a Callaway ORG 14 Cart Bag in the USA trim which has some white to it, and so far it's stayed quite clean. The white portion is certainly not the main color of the bag which has helped, so I can't speak to how well an all white bag would look. 

I have a feeling white golf bags are just like a brand new pair of all white shoes. Look amazing until they don't. 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I tend to lean toward darker colors for golf and travel bags. They just don't show the dirt as much. 
One of my golf buddies and I purchased club glove travel bags at the same time. He chose yellow because it would stand out from the others at the airport, and he is a fan of bright colors. I chose black because I didn't want the dirt to show. Fast forward four years. Mine looks new and his looks like it needs to be replaced. 

If you leave your bag and clubs at a golf club and from there it goes onto a golf cart, then by all means go with white if you like it that much.

If you are like most of us and your bag goes in and out of the car, then onto a cart, back into your trunk and on your way home you decide to stop at Home Depot or the grocery store, shove you bag to the side and put your golf shoes on top. Shove the other stuff in the trunk. Then it finally makes it out of your trunk into your garage or shed.   I've even done the "on my way to the course I'll drop this stuff off at the dump" Well, you get the idea.     

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 7 months later...

Hey there, fellow golfer and truck-owner!

I completely understand your dilemma about choosing a golf bag color, especially considering the PNW's unpredictable weather. White bags do look fantastic when they're new, but you're absolutely right, they can show dirt and stains more prominently.

In your case, with kids adding to the mix, it might be practical to go with a darker color. This can help hide the wear and tear a bit better, especially if your golf bag is going to share space with a less-than-spotless back seat!

By the way, I recently came across a great resource on how to clean a golf bag. It covers everything from removing grass stains to dealing with stubborn dirt. I found it super helpful in keeping my bag looking its best, regardless of the color. Here's the link: [Your Link Here].

Ultimately, it's all about what suits your style and practicality. Happy golfing, and may your bag stay clean and your drives stay long!
https://bagswift.com/how-to-clean-a-golf-bag/Featured-Image-of-How-To-Clean-A-Golf-Ba