Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Years Grudge Match Winner

In-laws came to town for New Year’s and my partners dad shipped his old clubs to store at our house. He had been playing a lot and was very confident, and thought he could beat me with taylor mades from 20 years ago. In our matches, he usually wins, but for the last few years we’ve been playing fairly even. I got two rounds in and a few range sessions in the two weeks before they arrived, and, having been dealing with health and work issues I hadn’t been playing for 3 months. Unfortunately for Ray, my driving came back better than ever and the putting and chipping practice I’d been doing in the house really improved that part of my game, and in our two rounds, the first I was leading by 1, even while quite drunk, when we had to call it for darkness. The second round was more serious, or at least it started that way. I birdied the first hole and was 10 up after 9, 13 up after I birdied 18. I definitely had him shook in that first 9, and he totally went off a cliff mentally, though, he did regroup and have a respectable back nine. It was a very satisfying afternoon. Even more satisfying, he was so broken by that round he is buying new clubs for the first time in a decade, and will be shipping down his current gamers. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

Wow, what a great experience to have with your in-laws! It sounds like you had a lot of fun playing with your partner's dad and it's great to hear that your driving came back better than ever. It's also great to hear that your putting and chipping practice paid off. It's always satisfying to see your hard work pay off on the course. It's also great that you were able to beat your partner's dad and even more satisfying that he's now motivated to buy new clubs and ship down his current ones. It's always fun to see the improvement in your game and the satisfaction when you beat your opponents. Keep up the good work!

PXG 0211

Mizuno JPX 923

Mizuno M Craft V