Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What makes a GOOD Training Aid?

There are tons of golf training products out there and I was wondering what makes a GOOD one? What are some of your favorite products to use to train?

What do you look for in a good training aid?

- Portability?

- Something that can be used at home?

- Quality of product?

- Specificity of training device?

- Price?

I am the inventor of The Rope It!

I run a newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.TheRopeit.com/

I would have to say specificity and design are what I look for. The only two training aids I use now are the Orange Whip (multiple applications, always great for warm-up and tempo on course), and the Tour Striker. The TS was designed to prevent "flipping," but has a variety of other applications. If you struggle with fairway bunker shots, find a practice area with a set-up for a fairway bunker shot, get a small bucket and bring your TS. Forty swings later, you will be able to at least advanced your ball reliably, and should be able to hit quality mid-and short irons. The TS also works wonders on the pitching and chipping game.

If you're looking for another training aid - more specifically one to help practice your swing - make sure to check out the Rope It. It's a great way to practice your swing when going to the driving range isn't an option. There's a cool website here: www.theropeit.com

And a new iPhone app that supplements it really well: itunes.apple.com/us/app/shot-counter-backyard-golf/id517248248?mt=8&ls=1

If you have any questions about the Rope It let me know!

I am the inventor of The Rope It!

I run a newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.TheRopeit.com/

• 2 months later...

Simplicity and effectiveness.

Can you simply define what the training aid is supposed to do for your golf game?

If you use the training aid will it be effective quickly? once you acquire the new skill can you use the training aid and quickly check your self?

Does the training aid provide instant feedback?

On of the most simple but effective training aids in the market is the "alignment stick"

A close second is the IronSolid training device for hitting quality iron shots.

Used together they make a simple effective combination.

www.ironsolid.com

Archived