Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Jnoble89's 2023 Season Thread: Intro & Journey to Breaking 90

Best of luck Jason and will be following along your journey! 

I love these threads and enjoy reading others successes as well as stories of struggles and how they persevere through them. The game of golf is incredible(frustrating) and offers such a unique challenge which is addicting. 

Very happy for you to be chronically your journey and hopefully it will inspire a few others to do similar threads!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Looking forward to following your journey! I’m very much like yourself playing mostly hand-me-downs and starting to really put some effort in the last year or so. As someone who only just barely broke 90 at the end of last season it was a great feeling and I’m sure you’ll feel that same thing this year! I typically begin each year in the 100 range and as the year goes on and the rust comes off things just get better. Good luck and you’ve got this!😎

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid 17.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood 24*

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 60*, SM8 54*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Good luck man. That switch that flicks on and forces you to work on swing mechanics and just the overall game is a wild thing. Looking forward to reading and seeing your results.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

This should be a good follow, Jason. This is such a fun and frustrating (at times) game and I'm rooting for you to have some personal best rounds. I believe you can do it. 

That bag looks good! 

Thanks for the support and follow, Jason! I appreciate it!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

9 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Hello all,

For those that don’t know me or haven’t gotten to interact with me much on the forum, my name is Jason and I am currently a high handicap golfer located in Southwestern Wisconsin. I’m a dad of two boys, ages 5 (soon to be 6) and 3, and married to the love of my life going on 9 years this September. I picked up the game of golf, VERY casually, in college after my baseball career ended.

Since then I’d definitely consider myself your typical weekend hacker. I was gifted a set of clubs by a friend of one of my uncles, full TaylorMade bag (I was really lucky) and got to playing. This summer will be the first year that I really am going to put significant time and effort into improving my game. I typically score in the low 100s and don’t know if I have every honestly broken 100, but my ultimate goal for this year is to break 90.

I have already been working on some changes to my swing (big thanks to @chisag & @RickyBobby_PR) and noticed some positive results today with my irons my first time on the range. 

I am going to use this thread to chronicle my rounds and journey to lower scores this golf season, and would love for you to follow along and offer up any tips/advice you think could benefit me. I’m going to try to post swing videos occasionally as well from practice sessions on the range. I know that I still have a long ways to go in correcting some bad habits I’ve developed, but I know it’s not an overnight fix and am honestly looking forward to focused practice sessions instead of just going on the range and pounding out shots. 

I’ve got my first scheduled round tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm, most likely 9 holes unless my wife OK’s me and my oldest going the full 18, and then playing again Saturday. I will update tomorrow evening with how the round went, and am going to try and keep notes so I can do a recap of my round. 

Here’s to the chase of lower scores and a lower handicap!

Later this evening I’ll post a pic of my WITB as well. 

Best of luck on the journey. I can't wait to cheer you on!  Send lots of pics too as you play!

Lee Stanek

Driver: Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg  SIM2 Max 9*

3,9 Woods:  Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg S2H2 Big Bertha

4-9i,PW,SW Callaway.jpg.c961807c499184adde0c3ed28e3f228d.jpg  S2H2

GW Taylormade.jpg.9d38498f8a6006a57c3d138bbf9964b9.jpg MG3 52*

LW Adams GT2 Undercut 60*

Putter: Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg  Scotty Cameron Caliente

Ball: Play either Titleist.jpg.371c05d2e7430a89639ff5927b325962.jpg ProV1 or  

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best of luck Jason and will be following along your journey! 

I love these threads and enjoy reading others successes as well as stories of struggles and how they persevere through them. The game of golf is incredible(frustrating) and offers such a unique challenge which is addicting. 

Very happy for you to be chronically your journey and hopefully it will inspire a few others to do similar threads!

Thanks, Jamie! I am looking forward to the challenge and having a goal to work towards to actually improve instead of just saying “I’m going to get better”

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, Triple_Putt said:

Looking forward to following your journey! I’m very much like yourself playing mostly hand-me-downs and starting to really put some effort in the last year or so. As someone who only just barely broke 90 at the end of last season it was a great feeling and I’m sure you’ll feel that same thing this year! I typically begin each year in the 100 range and as the year goes on and the rust comes off things just get better. Good luck and you’ve got this!😎

Thanks, @Triple_Putt! I appreciate your support and the follow! Just going to try and take it one shot at a time and keep more detailed notes so that I know what area is my biggest need of improvement first (of which there are no shortages 😂)

#LeftyGang

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck man. That switch the flicks on and forces you to work on swing mechanics and just the overall game is a wild thing. Looking forward to reading and seeing your results.

Thanks for the support and follow, Mark! I am looking forward to working towards an actual goal instead of just wanting to “get better” this year. First step is working on the swing, which will be a constant from here on out. Second thing I’m going to do is keep more detailed notes of rounds so I can pick by biggest weakness in game and start there. 

4 minutes ago, Lee Stanek said:

Best of luck on the journey. I can't wait to cheer you on!  Send lots of pics too as you play!

Thanks, Lee! Definitely plenty of pictures will follow! I appreciate your support and follow along!

#LeftyGang

10 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Hello all,

For those that don’t know me or haven’t gotten to interact with me much on the forum, my name is Jason and I am currently a high handicap golfer located in Southwestern Wisconsin. I’m a dad of two boys, ages 5 (soon to be 6) and 3, and married to the love of my life going on 9 years this September. I picked up the game of golf, VERY casually, in college after my baseball career ended.

Since then I’d definitely consider myself your typical weekend hacker. I was gifted a set of clubs by a friend of one of my uncles, full TaylorMade bag (I was really lucky) and got to playing. This summer will be the first year that I really am going to put significant time and effort into improving my game. I typically score in the low 100s and don’t know if I have every honestly broken 100, but my ultimate goal for this year is to break 90.

I have already been working on some changes to my swing (big thanks to @chisag & @RickyBobby_PR) and noticed some positive results today with my irons my first time on the range. 

I am going to use this thread to chronicle my rounds and journey to lower scores this golf season, and would love for you to follow along and offer up any tips/advice you think could benefit me. I’m going to try to post swing videos occasionally as well from practice sessions on the range. I know that I still have a long ways to go in correcting some bad habits I’ve developed, but I know it’s not an overnight fix and am honestly looking forward to focused practice sessions instead of just going on the range and pounding out shots. 

I’ve got my first scheduled round tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm, most likely 9 holes unless my wife OK’s me and my oldest going the full 18, and then playing again Saturday. I will update tomorrow evening with how the round went, and am going to try and keep notes so I can do a recap of my round. 

Here’s to the chase of lower scores and a lower handicap!

Later this evening I’ll post a pic of my WITB as well. 

You've Got This Jason... I will get that "Broke 90" Badge ready for you!!  

As others have mentioned above, I will also enjoy your journey chronicled and seeing your progress... we will all be celebrating with you when you start seeing the scores come down.  You mentioned some great advice from a few of the forum members... that is awesome... remember... you are amongst friends here - and we all want to help you achieve your goal by offering our own experiences as we pursue that same journey.  Raise of hands... anyone NOT wanting to improve their game?.... Anyone?? No??? I didn't think so. 😉 .  A cool part is... you could be a 90's shooter, or a 60's shooter... the golf game is relevant to all... and one little epiphany can also help someone else that has an area they are trying to improve.  

Thanks for taking the time to share your journey and looking forward to watching those scores come down 🙂 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Excited to follow this, Jason.  Clearly as you can see from all the replies above, the forum is behind you!  May I jump ahead and say I can see 85 in your near future😏

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

You've Got This Jason... I will get that "Broke 90" Badge ready for you!!  

As others have mentioned above, I will also enjoy your journey chronicled and seeing your progress... we will all be celebrating with you when you start seeing the scores come down.  You mentioned some great advice from a few of the forum members... that is awesome... remember... you are amongst friends here - and we all want to help you achieve your goal by offering our own experiences as we pursue that same journey.  Raise of hands... anyone NOT wanting to improve their game?.... Anyone?? No??? I didn't think so. 😉 .  A cool part is... you could be a 90's shooter, or a 60's shooter... the golf game is relevant to all... and one little epiphany can also help someone else that has an area they are trying to improve.  

Thanks for taking the time to share your journey and looking forward to watching those scores come down 🙂 

Thanks for the support, Tim! Since I started actually getting actively involved on the forum, I've been welcomed with open arms by everyone which is awesome. I only wish I'd have gotten more active sooner! What I like is that when I posted that initial swing video, the critiquing was constructive, which I've always felt helps me the most, vs. just getting bashed about what I do wrong which you sometimes see on other forums with no offering of help or tips. 

I am coming for that Broke 90 Badge! (though I suppose I should first aim for the Broke 100 one 😁)

11 minutes ago, Invader Zim 315 said:

Excited to follow this, Jason.  Clearly as you can see from all the replies above, the forum is behind you!  May I jump ahead and say I can see 85 in your near future😏

Thanks for the support, Zim! I would be ecstatic to hit 85 at some point this summer. 

#LeftyGang

17 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I've been welcomed with open arms by everyone which is awesome. I only wish I'd have gotten more active sooner! What I like is that when I posted that initial swing video, the critiquing was constructive, which I've always felt helps me the most, vs. just getting bashed about what I do wrong which you sometimes see on other forums with no offering of help or tips. 

We are definitely NOT like the other forums 🙂  #proud 

I (and the other staff) very much appreciate your comments, and your ongoing engagement in our forum Jason!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

We are definitely NOT like the other forums 🙂  #proud 

I (and the other staff) very much appreciate your comments, and your ongoing engagement in our forum Jason!

The MGS forum is truly a unique and dying breed of online comradery. It's rare to find a place where someone isn't insulting or bashing someone else over a viewpoint or opinion. Very glad to have found a place to call my online "home." 

I also annoy my wife less with my hole by hole replay of rounds 😜

#LeftyGang

Just now, Jnoble89 said:

The MGS forum is truly a unique and dying breed of online comradery. It's rare to find a place where someone isn't insulting or bashing someone else over a viewpoint or opinion. Very glad to have found a place to call my online "home." 

I also annoy my wife less with my hole by hole replay of rounds 😜

That reminds me of the recent GolfTec commercials... 

https://ispot.tv/a/11Rh

haha. 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Good luck Jason! Biggest tip is to enjoy the process and learn from each round and of course, most of all, HAVE FUN! This game is frustrating at times especially when you're working on changes and improving but it's all worth it. Looking forward to following along.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Good luck Jason. You can do this. It is hard with balancing time with your family (so important) work, and everything life throws at you. So, when you can carve out the time enjoy it. Joining MGS has been helpful with so many perspectives on the game. As well as some fun side competitions. The great thing about golf is that all non-professional players can play each other on an even playing field in competition. Nowhere else can that be done and MGS Virtual Championship is going to be a blast

My story is I played golf (not very seriously for 40 years) mostly playing 2-5 times a year shooting around a 105 average (low 93 Lucky day) and a high of 132 with an eagle from 165. Over the past 5 years have played more often, and since 2020, have taken a more competitive approach, playing 20-27 rounds a year (once a week). Overall, my average score now is 96 with a low of 88 (twice in the past 2 years) and a much more consistent Iron game with some gifted Ping 710's. 

Looking forward to seeing you Break that 90

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

5 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

Good luck Jason! Biggest tip is to enjoy the process and learn from each round and of course, most of all, HAVE FUN! This game is frustrating at times especially when you're working on changes and improving but it's all worth it. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks @Swood1994! One of the great things about most of the rounds I will play this year is having my soon to be 6 year old tagging along and playing with me. It keeps me much more level headed because I want to set a good example of how to carry yourself and act on the course when things aren't going well. To him, every shot I take is "great shot dad!" which really helps to put into perspective what we are trying to do out there, which is enjoy spending time together and having fun sharing a common interest. Glad to have you following along!

#LeftyGang

Good luck Jason! I'm really looking forward to your journey and following along.

Last season was the first where I truly started scoring in the 80's (albeit higher 80's) more often than in the 90's. What worked for me was a driver lesson that helped me not only keep it more in play, it also added yards to have my second shot closer to the hole. Personal fitness helped a lot as well (I do yoga and core work daily to help my back feel better) as well as the mental approach - I learned to accept that bogeys are perfectly fine, but doubles and higher start wrecking scores. That helped me make better and safer decisions on the course.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

5 minutes ago, Placasse61 said:

Good luck Jason. You can do this. It is hard with balancing time with your family (so important) work, and everything life throws at you. So, when you can carve out the time enjoy it. Joining MGS has been helpful with so many perspectives on the game. As well as some fun side competitions. The great thing about golf is that all non-professional players can play each other on an even playing field in competition. Nowhere else can that be done and MGS Virtual Championship is going to be a blast

My story is I played golf (not very seriously for 40 years) mostly playing 2-5 times a year shooting around a 105 average (low 93 Lucky day) and a high of 132 with an eagle from 165. Over the past 5 years have played more often, and since 2020, have taken a more competitive approach, playing 20-27 rounds a year (once a week). Overall, my average score now is 96 with a low of 88 (twice in the past 2 years) and a much more consistent Iron game with some gifted Ping 710's. 

Looking forward to seeing you Break that 90

Thanks for the words of encouragement, @Placasse61! My oldest son, who will be 6 at the end of the month, loves golf. I am very fortunate to get to share that with him and get some quality time on the course with him. My wife also plays casually, and our 3 year old really is showing interest in it as well. I have a feeling it'll become a family affair and something we can all do together, which I can't wait for. We moved to the golf course this year, so I'm already anticipating evenings practicing on the green behind our house at sunset 😍

Glad to have you following along!

#LeftyGang

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Good luck Jason! I'm really looking forward to your journey and following along.

Last season was the first where I truly started scoring in the 80's (albeit higher 80's) more often than in the 90's. What worked for me was a driver lesson that helped me not only keep it more in play, it also added yards to have my second shot closer to the hole. Personal fitness helped a lot as well (I do yoga and core work daily to help my back feel better) as well as the mental approach - I learned to accept that bogeys are perfectly fine, but doubles and higher start wrecking scores. That helped me make better and safer decisions on the course.

Glad to have you following along, @russtopherb! Off the tee was a big weakness for me last year as I ended up out of bound way more often than you can and still shoot a good score. That is something I am going to work really hard on this year, better control of the driver. I typically have the one or two blow up holes each round as well where I will card a triple or higher and that is hard to recover from. Going to try and focus on minimizing mistakes and not taking big risks when it's not necessary. I appreciate your words of encouragement and insight! 

#LeftyGang

You got this. This is the best part about golf that there is always a space to improve and get better at this game. Look forward to hearing where your journey takes you this year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

15 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

You got this. This is the best part about golf that there is always a space to improve and get better at this game. Look forward to hearing where your journey takes you this year.

Thanks for the support and words of encouragement, @ejgaudette! Glad to have you following along!

#LeftyGang

I'll be following along Jason!  I know you got this.  You have youth on your side!!  I will say that when I took up golf seriously at age 45 after retiring from softball and volleyball, I couldn't break 60 for 9 holes in my company league.  I worked hard at improving... and I did, a little, but I wish I had taken some of the lessons I had later in my "career" a little earlier.  Waiting longer seemed to engrain my bad habits, and it took longer to undo them.  

contender-3886164068.jpeg.6afd36eb3960b826073bcd8a5d48fdd0.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good luck Jason. A lot off us are on this similar journey. Keep grinding and always remember why you play golf. Don't let that get lost in the ups and downs of progression.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'll be following along Jason!  I know you got this.  You have youth on your side!!  I will say that when I took up golf seriously at age 45 after retiring from softball and volleyball, I couldn't break 60 for 9 holes in my company league.  I worked hard at improving... and I did, a little, but I wish I had taken some of the lessons I had later in my "career" a little earlier.  Waiting longer seemed to engrain my bad habits, and it took longer to undo them.  

contender-3886164068.jpeg.6afd36eb3960b826073bcd8a5d48fdd0.jpeg

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Kenny! Breaking the bad habits will be the biggest challenge I'll face for sure. I took a lesson with our club pro last year and I think I'll probably do a few range lessons as well as a playing lesson this year too. I think learning some course management from him would be super beneficial. Glad to have you following along!

#LeftyGang

3 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Good luck Jason. A lot off us are on this similar journey. Keep grinding and always remember why you play golf. Don't let that get lost in the ups and downs of progression.

Thanks @Vegan_Golfer_PNW! Great reminder to try and stay level through the inevitable ebbs and flows this year. Some days may be great, others will be downright awful 🤣

#LeftyGang

Just got home from playing the front 9, and I can honestly say that it was the worst round of golf I have ever played in my life 😂

For whatever reason, I could not hit a successful tee shot or mid iron, and about the only thing that went semi-well were my short irons. This surprised me, especially with my irons, as I was striking them pretty well warming up on the range. I was also finding the center of the face of my driver in yesterday’s practice session, then today put an awful sky mark/scratch on the crown towards the toe of my driver AND 3 wood 🥲 just cosmetic and won’t affect performance, but absolutely pains me to my core. I will probably look into getting them refinished at the end of the season if anyone has recommendations. 

Only highlight was my son playing pretty well and he hit some great shots, including his driver about 70 yards on hole 9! I tee him up at the 100 yard marker, so he got a GIR on 9, hitting his 7/8 iron pin high on his second shot! The picture and video are from hole 1.

F9F8AD6C-DDE7-49FD-A4C2-55E5A9BC9AFF.jpeg.852385ffba8531a7d8ac4988c6c4d48e.jpeg

Long story short, if it could go wrong today, it did. Just going to flush that one down the toilet and go back to the drawing board. 

#LeftyGang