Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

After Hours Spy Saloon

chisag

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

You really gonna deny an old man and rant?!?! 🤪🤣

... We all know who cnosil identified with as a child. 

MV5BMTY0MzMwNDU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMwNTEzMjE@._V1_.jpg.16adbe9a0f7c5f3b30d9cf499ba000a1.jpg 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

10 hours ago, chisag said:

Trubisky is still helping the bears 😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

... I know! That was hilarious. 

On 12/6/2023 at 6:16 AM, cnosil said:

... Well, he finally came through for the Bears. Patriots go to 3-10. Who wants a great deal on a running QB that can't read defenses? I am crazy excited about the prospects of actually having a QB in Chicago. 

On 12/8/2023 at 12:29 AM, chisag said:

... Well, he finally came through for the Bears. Patriots go to 3-10. Who wants a great deal on a running QB that can't read defenses? I am crazy excited about the prospects of actually having a QB in Chicago. 

Starting to think the Bears will trade the #1 pick and keep Fields.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

If it wasn't the current ownership, I would say they could use their 2 top 10 picks and build their team around him. But with these dummies, I very much doubt they will make a good decision for the team, whichever way they choose to go.

Edited by RockerFCC

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

... If they do, I will no longer be a Bears fan after 45 years of following them through thick and thin. Bad enough they passed on Mahomes, but if they pass on another franchise QB when they have never had one, I give up. My fingers are sore from typing this so many times but Fields is not and never will be an NFL QB. He reminds me of an old quote about Fran Tarkenton "If Vince Lombardi is the coach and Jesus Christ is the assistant coach but Tarkenton is the QB, they will only win 50% of the games". Fields is a modern version of Tarkenton.

1 hour ago, RockerFCC said:

If it wasn't the current ownership, I would say they could use their 2 top 10 picks and build their team around him. But with these dummies, I very much doubt they will make a good decision for the team, whichever way they choose to go.

... Just curious and again these are just opinions but what good would building a team around a wildcat QB that can run but can't read a defense or get the ball to anyone other than his 1st read IF they are open or a check down to a RB when WR's are wide open downfield? I don't think you can make a mistake with Maye or Williams. I like Eberflus although Getsy needs a new team where he can run more screens than a Multiplex 24. But with their defense, WR's and just a decent OC the future with either Maye or Wiliams would be hard to screw up.

... Wouldn't you like to see the Bears have the best QB in the NFC North for the first time ever? 

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If they do, I will no longer be a Bears fan after 45 years of following them through thick and thin. Bad enough they passed on Mahomes, but if they pass on another franchise QB when they have never had one, I give up. My fingers are sore from typing this so many times but Fields is not and never will be an NFL QB. He reminds me of an old quote about Fran Tarkenton "If Vince Lombardi is the coach and Jesus Christ is the assistant coach but Tarkenton is the QB, they will only win 50% of the games". Fields is a modern version of Tarkenton.

I really think the Bears need to lose most of the remaining games or they are going to get more confident in Fields ability to win. 

20 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just curious and again these are just opinions but what good would building a team around a wildcat QB that can run but can't read a defense or get the ball to anyone other than his 1st read IF they are open or a check down to a RB when WR's are wide open downfield? I don't think you can make a mistake with Maye or Williams. I like Eberflus although Getsy needs a new team where he can run more screens than a Multiplex 24. But with their defense, WR's and just a decent OC the future with either Maye or Wiliams would be hard to screw up.

... Wouldn't you like to see the Bears have the best QB in the NFC North for the first time ever? 

I am not a Bears fan, so just saying this from a neutral perspective, but I have lived here since 2004, and was here from 84 to 87 (great years for the Bears) and IMHO the problem with this team is 100% the ownership. They hire awful people, at every level, and I just don't get it. For decades that has started with the coach. I think Eberflus is a terrible coach, just my observation. Bad decision making, management, play calling, coaching, the whole deal. 

As for Fields, I agree that he isn't the best at reading the coverages. But I think he is a more than serviceable QB, and with a better line, one more WR (can you imagine if he was throwing to harrison?) and a couple key pieces on the D, all the other parts are there. Add in his ability to run and you know you have a decent enough player to win consistently, at least I think so. Every year there are can't miss QB's entering the NFL. How many do you KNOW will be better than what you have?

I can see going for it at QB? Would not disagree if they did. But it's a risk. But you can get 2 legit superstars, and likely 2 more very good players in the first couple rounds, still have Fields and have a very solid core. Could go a lot worse than that. And having watched this team screw virtually everything they could up, I imagine that is what will happen. 

Cheers

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

Just now, cnosil said:

I really think the Bears need to lose most of the remaining games or they are going to get more confident in Fields ability to win. 

... I hear ya and that is always a possibility. But they go over film with a fine tooth comb. I could post a ton of video's breaking down just how bad Fields is at reading defenses and finding open WR's and maybe the most egregious, having zero anticipation to throw open a WR. That hasn't changed in 3 years. If they ignore every running play and just focus on every pass play, it would be glaringly apparent they need a new QB. 

... Someone on another forum was saying he thinks Fields is better than half the starters in the league right now. Not sure I would agree, but for the sake of argument let's say that's true. Do you pass up two potential generational QB's that are already much better in college at reading defenses than Fields ever will be? I would have taken a chance on CJ Stroud last year but that was a go big or go home call and I had no issue with Pace taking the loot he got by trading the first pick because I didn't think any of the QB's were sure things. (obviously I and most everyone else was wrong about Stroud just having potential) But there are not one, but two as close to sure things available for a franchise that has only had one potential franchise QB in the 45 years I have been watching them. 

... In the end if they don't take Maye or Williams and both go on to Pro Bowl/Hall Of Fame careers while paying over $100 million for a running QB they deserve to be exactly who Denny Green thought they were. 

1 minute ago, RockerFCC said:

I am not a Bears fan, so just saying this from a neutral perspective, but I have lived here since 2004, and was here from 84 to 87 (great years for the Bears) and IMHO the problem with this team is 100% the ownership. They hire awful people, at every level, and I just don't get it. For decades that has started with the coach. I think Eberflus is a terrible coach, just my observation. Bad decision making, management, play calling, coaching, the whole deal. 

As for Fields, I agree that he isn't the best at reading the coverages. But I think he is a more than serviceable QB, and with a better line, one more WR (can you imagine if he was throwing to harrison?) and a couple key pieces on the D, all the other parts are there. Add in his ability to run and you know you have a decent enough player to win consistently, at least I think so. Every year there are can't miss QB's entering the NFL. How many do you KNOW will be better than what you have?

I can see going for it at QB? Would not disagree if they did. But it's a risk. But you can get 2 legit superstars, and likely 2 more very good players in the first couple rounds, still have Fields and have a very solid core. Could go a lot worse than that. And having watched this team screw virtually everything they could up, I imagine that is what will happen. 

Cheers

... Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate it. I can't disagree with most of it especially how bad the ownership has hampered the franchise. But Harrison wont help the Bears if Fields doesn't see him or throw to him. I just disagree that he is even serviceable. I have seen him scramble for a nice gain when WR's were literally wide open and he doesn't see them. He is a dynamic runner and admittedly his feet can change games, but his mind and his arm can't. I have recorded and broken down film just like when I played and just had to stop because it was so depressing. 

... I hope this finally puts an end to the "Keep Justin Fields" zealots.  🤮  When a franchise QB is available, you don't pass on them for draft picks when you don't even have a starting QB. 

Justin Fields   19/40   166yds   1TD   2Int

Would have been amusing if that Hail Mary had worked though. 

Definitely not in the Field’s Fan Club even if that had worked! 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

8 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Would have been amusing if that Hail Mary had worked though. 

... Oh yea right there with you! It would have been a generational highlight we would be seeing many years from now. Fields had a good chance as any for a completion because he didn't have to read the defense! 🤪

39 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

... OH NO!!!! I just saw the Panthers WON today. 😱  Hopefully the Packers (can't believe I have to root for them) Jags and Bucs should put up more of a fight than @CFreddie's Falcons that scored 7 points. The Diamondbacks averaged more than 7 points a game! 🙄

Edited by chisag

Arthur Smith is dead to me. Bring on a new regime and Jayden Daniels. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

11 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Arthur Smith is dead to me. Bring on a new regime and Jayden Daniels. 

... Prolly need to trade up. Bears/Patriots/Raiders all need a QB. Lots of different opinions out there but here's one from 24/7sports:

1. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina (Bears) ... 

2. Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU (Patriots) ... 

3. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (Cardinals) ... 

4. Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State (Commanders) ... 

5. Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State (Bears) ... 

6. Caleb Williams, QB, USC (Raiders)

11.  Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (Falcons)

image.gif.354b6b0f3dba598388f8108738dd8c3f.gif
What up spy’s I’m back! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... Prolly need to trade up. Bears/Patriots/Raiders all need a QB. Lots of different opinions out there but here's one from 24/7sports:

Mock drafts are always interesting,   I haven’t seen any mock except this one that puts Williams that low and most have him number 1.   Of course he still has to declare for the draft.   I even saw one that showed the bears trade number 1 to the raiders for lots of 2024 picks.   DJ Moore is even saying the bears should keep Fields.  

Agreed @cnosil- who knows how the draft will look come late spring. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

12 hours ago, chisag said:

I’m over the D.A. era in NO and Carr is not that guy! I was excited in the beginning because of the Bree’s similarities in his play style! But he doesn’t seem to have it! Winston has game in spurts he has the down feilf attempts that Carr doesn’t posses! And Hill is to great of a weapon at every other position that he can’t be the starter cuz that will take away his element! We need to switch to an option style offense! Get a young scrambler! Or bring back (Dare I say) RGIII who I believe could work out great! But that’s all in a weird thought I just had!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Mock drafts are always interesting,   I haven’t seen any mock except this one that puts Williams that low and most have him number 1.   Of course he still has to declare for the draft.   I even saw one that showed the bears trade number 1 to the raiders for lots of 2024 picks.   DJ Moore is even saying the bears should keep Fields.  

... I would expect every Bear WR to say they should keep Fields ... until the season is over. 🤪  Mooney also said Fields is "my dog" and if traded will still be "my dog". It just isn't a good idea for a player to say any other player should be replaced or traded. Ya never know what's down the road. And as far as mock drafts yea, Williams has been the overwhelming choice by most. A few have said Williams but also if it were them they would take Maye and of course some have predicted Maye but judging by the majority Williams is the pick.

... I am trying to keep my desire in check for several reasons, the top one being the Bears didn't take Mahomes and it will haunt them forever. If they take Maye they should have no regrets but that said if Williams reaches his ceiling in the NFL it will be another WTF Bears? I think Maye is the safe pick and has a chance to be a solid franchise QB. Williams is the bold pick and could be a generational talent. So in the end I will be thrilled with either pick. 

4 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

We need to switch to an option style offense! Get a young scrambler! Or bring back (Dare I say) RGIII who I believe could work out great! But that’s all in a weird thought I just had!

... Fields would be perfect for you! Maybe a bag of beignets in trade? 

NOTMC_22021_7bcc61ae-59ea-4a0f-8ff5-aa8d720390be.jpg.88018667d6b5d0c70dfb1190a022ef01.jpg

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... OH NO!!!! I just saw the Panthers WON today. 😱  Hopefully the Packers (can't believe I have to root for them) Jags and Bucs should put up more of a fight than @CFreddie's Falcons that scored 7 points. The Diamondbacks averaged more than 7 points a game! 🙄

Don't count on the Pack, @chisag. Joe Barry's "defense" just made Danny DeVito's nephew and Baker Mayfield look like future HOF'ers in back to back weeks. Watching Baker, who I enjoyed watching in college, absolutely SHRED the defense on his way to a perfect QB rating was one of the most frustrating things I've witnessed in awhile. How MLF hasn't worked up the courage to can JB is beyond my understanding. Can't come soon enough IMO. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

@chisag saw this earlier and chuckled.  Fortunately or unfortunately you came to mind. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

@chisag saw this earlier and chuckled.  Fortunately or unfortunately you came to mind. 

... Haha That was awesome. But yuck it up now because after the April draft with Williams or Maye and the Fields trade to (fill in dumb owner here)  ____________________________  the BEARS ARE BACK!!!!! 

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha That was awesome. But yuck it up now because after the April draft with Williams or Maye and the Fields trade to (fill in dumb owner here)  ____________________________  the BEARS ARE BACK!!!!! 

No yucking up or down here.  I am a mostly innocent bystander 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 12/18/2023 at 6:08 AM, cnosil said:

DJ Moore is even saying the bears should keep Fields.  

... Just saw this in this mornings Chicago Sun Times and one of the most telling stats for Justin Fields. If there were ever a stat that tells you whether you have a franchise QB this is it.

Trailing with less than 4 minutes in the game he has a 22.1 rating.
Out of all QB's in the league who have thrown 20 or more passes during the last 4 minutes, Fields ranks last out of 26 QB's that qualified.
Josh Allen has a 140.8 rating and the closest to Fields is Minshew with a 42.4.
Nobody has thrown more picks than Fields in the last 4 minutes.
And to make sure this season isn't an anomaly, Fields ranked 24th out of 25 qualifying QB's last season. 

... I think we have to assume Poles has access to all this information and stats we probably never even think of. I hope Fields is happy in Atlanta, or NO or anywhere but Chicago.