Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adjustable Drivers -- Settings and what they can mean

anotherburntsteak

I have been searching around for a little bit trying to get some clarity on this... For those of us with Adjustable drivers (I am currently using a Ping G430 Max) looking for a chart like feature on what the settings should do to your swing. 

From my understanding, adjusting the loft higher, can help with stopping a slice. Looking for clarity on Flat vs Neutral and and verification if a higher loft can impact hooks v slices

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos:

There is no chart that will tell you what a setting will do. We all have different sensitivities to change. Closing the face may affect one person more than another and one could start hitting hooks and the other because of how the face looks end up holding off the face and hitting the ball right to avoid it going left.

The long chart will tell you how many degrees things will change with each setting. The best way to tell what the setting will do is make a change and hit balls with it in they setting. If you don’t like the change then try another setting.

If you need more spin or more launch then add loft. If you need less then take loft off. Always go to the extreme first then work back to nuetral.

If you want to affect direction play with both the loft and the lie settings.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

image.jpeg.c3a401e63e00e8c6ba2856e7b58970cd.jpeg

Like @RickyBobby_PR mentioned, how you react to the settings is what matters, not the static settings.  My previous driver was a g410 LST, and adding loft(closing the face) just made me hit a bigger fade: I subconsciously just held the face off since I fear the big hook. Just experiment, and better to experiment on-course where the shots matter.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV