Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Bag Boy Bags. Quality or No?

Shrek74

Ok, so I'm going to need a new bag as my Purdue-themed bag is already leaning to one side after only a year of use and is even less stable than it started.

I'm looking for a bag that is stable and solid, that doesn't easily twist and move when you handle it. My current bag is so easy to twist and shift around when holding the top grips and just doesn't feel super solid like it has only a couple full-length rods holding it together. So I'm hoping my fellow spies can help me with some thoughts on Bag Boy Bags.

I'm looking at the CB-15 (color USA) and Chiller bag (color red/white/blue), as I'm wanting a bit of a patriotic themed bag this time around to go with my red/white/blue grips and BB&F ferrules. I'm also trying to stay under $200 for this purchase.

What are your thoughts and experiences with Bag Boy golf bags? Do they hold up? Are they solid and stable? Thanks.

CB-15_USA.jpg

Chiller_RWB.jpg

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Bag Boy does make a quality bag. If you go back at some older testing from 2020, there was a forum member review on the Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag. I also did a review on the same bag roughly in the same time frame. I copied the link in below. Just click the arrow in the upper right corner. I still have the bag, but I have it out of play currently. The only negative part is the size. It is big and since I travel for work and golf on planes frequently it is a tight squeeze in a Club Glove Pro. Other than that, I love the bag. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 3 months later...

My personal pet peeve with any bag/cart combo has been that my bag always skewed around so that it wasn't sitting properly any longer!!

I could not get my then Ogio bag to stay in place on my Clic Gear push cart. GRRRRRR!

Now ... I have converted to BagBoy for both bag and push cart! 

The Compact 3 cart and the Lite Rider Pro Bag. There is a system between the bag and the cart to lock the bag in place!! WINNER!

The Compact 3 is really easy to set up and break down. It's much easier than a Clic Gear or some others I've tried (used to work retail and had lots of practice with opening them up and closing them back down). The package comes with an umbrella holder that screws into a bracket on the handle. It folds down to a decently small footprint (one that fits nicely in my condo storage locker without being cumbersome.

The Lite Rider has many pockets and storage areas. It is almost a tour bag, so many options. It also has a larger well for my larger than normal putter grip. As well, it has a nice large cooler pocket to keep a beverage or two cold during the summer months.

The only drawback of the bag is that the design of the bag is for a power cart, not necessarily for a push cart. I have been using the setup for a couple of years now and it is now my new normal. 

Highly recommend this combination of bag and cart. Happy to provide more testimonial if asked more specific questions.

IMG_1577.jpg

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

Bag Boy makes a solid product. Little doubt about that and they are a well established name in the golfing world. They have their Top Lok tech which seems to help with bag twisting and overall compatibility issues some find with bag and cart combos. That being said I can't say I have never owned a Bag Boy bag. I have sold a lot of them and can't say I found anything particularly wrong with them. 

I have always leaned in the OGIO family of bags for one reason or another. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 8/10/2023 at 2:05 PM, Shrek74 said:

Ok, so I'm going to need a new bag as my Purdue-themed bag is already leaning to one side after only a year of use and is even less stable than it started.

I'm looking for a bag that is stable and solid, that doesn't easily twist and move when you handle it. My current bag is so easy to twist and shift around when holding the top grips and just doesn't feel super solid like it has only a couple full-length rods holding it together. So I'm hoping my fellow spies can help me with some thoughts on Bag Boy Bags.

I'm looking at the CB-15 (color USA) and Chiller bag (color red/white/blue), as I'm wanting a bit of a patriotic themed bag this time around to go with my red/white/blue grips and BB&F ferrules. I'm also trying to stay under $200 for this purchase.

What are your thoughts and experiences with Bag Boy golf bags? Do they hold up? Are they solid and stable? Thanks.

CB-15_USA.jpg

Chiller_RWB.jpg

If you don’t mind answering, what  is the make/manufacturer of your Purdue themed bag? 

I recently purchased a Bag Boy CB15 in the red/white/blue color scheme. When I made the purchase, I also got a two-year warranty covering things like zippers, workmanship, etc.

I mate the bag to my Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart. It fits perfectly.

As far as the quality of the bag, I see no areas of concern as the quality is there. The material is stout, good-looking, and the zippers work as advertised. It has enough places to hold all my gear with room to spare. I don't think I could have made a better purchase.

This bag replaced an Ogio that wasn't made with Top-Lok technology like the Bag Boy, and the bag eventually got worn out from being fastened to the cart. The Ogio zippers went kaput during year two. I don't envision that happening to this Bag Boy CB 15. 

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Down here in the Florida sun, I’ve found that Bag Boy materials fade faster than other brands. OGIO is better and Sun Mountain seems to be the best  

Tyler Krager, PGA

0.1 GHIN

Cobra SZ w/ Accra SX6 Tour X

Callaway XHot 16*Hy w/ PX7.0

Cobra CB/MB w/ PX6.5

Cobra MIM 50* 55* 60*

Cobra 3D Printed Grandsport

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

In year 3 of my BagBoy gear, Bag and Push Cart. I used an Ogio bag for a while because it had a larger well for my oversize putter grip. The zipper pulls gave out long before I gave the bag the heave ho. I used a Clic Gear push cart until the brake line broke. 

I moved to the BagBoy product specifically for the TopLok technology and I couldn't be happier. The bag never skews off centre. The bag/cart combo is really holding up well as I've played about 150 rounds with the gear now.

Highly recommend.

Cheers, keep hitting it down the middle!

Mike

Played this wonderful game for 54 years now. Still love it!

Driver - Callaway Rogue Reg shaft 10 degree (Circa 2018)

3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha 3 Metal (2014)

Hybrids - Callaway X-Hot Pro 16 and 20 degree (2014)

Irons - Callaway Apex Pro Graphite Shafts 4-A (2014)

Wedges - Callaway Mac Daddy 56 (2014) and 58 (2019)

Putter - Kayson Mallet 34" (2023)

Bags - Carry: Sun Mountain (2005) Cart: BagBoy Easy Rider Lite (2019)

Pull/Push Cart - BagBoy Compact3 (2019)

"Can't birdie them all if you don't birdie the first 2"

The end of this season marks four seasons with my BagBoy Chiller bag and three seasons with my BagBoy Nitron pushcart. I can honestly say that I have zero negatives about either of them even after all this time. The Chiller bag has plenty of room for everything and still looks great. The Top-Lok does a great job of keeping the bag straight and secured on the Nitron cart.

IMG_0157.jpeg

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I know this thread is a bit old but, I reviewed the Bag Boy ZTF Stand bag earlier this year.  Good bag. Customizable with removable pockets and such.  Link is in my signature. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

On 11/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, Tkrager said:

Down here in the Florida sun, I’ve found that Bag Boy materials fade faster than other brands. OGIO is better and Sun Mountain seems to be the best  

A Golfing buddy of mine bought a BagBoy last year.....not sure what model, but he uses a BagBoy push cart with it.   He's never complained about it, but IMO, I've noticed that it has faded BADLY in just one year's time.   It was black.....now looks grey/charcoal.   So much so that when I bought a new bag for myself this fall I went with a Datrek model.   Only used it a couple of months, so I can't comment on how it's holding up yet, but I'm hoping it looks better longer than his BagBoy.

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet

• 1 month later...

@Fatshot - were you aware that Datrek and Bag Boy are owned/made by same company; Dynamic Brands.  I'd be highly surprised to learn that Datrek is using a better UV blocking technology than Bag Boy would employ - likelihood that its the same is extremely high.  Fingers crossed that you don't experience the same issue.  Cheers

OOooops!!!   Thanks for the heads up.....I didn't know that. So we'll see how it looks by the end of the 2024 season!

Driver:  Ping G, 12*, Senior Flex

Woods:  Orlimar Trimetal +, 20* and 26*  /Taylormade 300 Series 23* 

Hybrid:  Maltby STi, 24*

Irons:  Maltby PTM, 6-PW

Wedges:  Indi SuperGap 49*  Maltby M-Series 54* and 58*

Putter:  Maltby PTM-5 mallet