Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Smart Golf Ball

zak2070

Hello all

Interested to see what people think of a smart golf ball. Would you buy one? What features does it need to have to get you hyped for it? If the ball had some limitations which ones would put you off buying one? What data would you like to see tracked?

I am making one as a side project and wanted to see what the general mood was for something like this.

Just my own opinion, not something I'd be interested in.

Cost is likely going to be very high and factoring in lost balls on course makes it only usable into a net where there are optimal Systems and Personal Launch Monitors which are so much more affordable than they used to be. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On course - not interested.

As part of a sim setup to get reliable spin data then maybe.  The caveat would be it has to add something that isn't already there, and at a price that adds value rather than being cost prohibitive.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm more interested in one that has a tracker if it goes off the path lol

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

Price has to be reasonable. I wouldn’t becaus

Stephan Schobel. Love to product test new products and then usually buy them. I play between 50 - 60 rounds a golf a year. I love golf even the good and the bad. I always suggest products to my friends. I am active 65 year old guy who loves sports and other activities like walking, hiking and bicycling. My wife loves golf too. I usually golf with the same guys and we always walk unless the courses are to steep. 

It would need to perform as well as a middle-of-the-road urethane 'tour' ball.  It would be cool if it tracked distance, ball speed, spin, etc., but I'd really only want one with a GPS feature so I could find it when it's in the trees.  A companion app that works something like Apple's 'Find My' app would be a bonus.

Whatever chip is in it needs enough juice to last at least two rounds.  Oh, and I'm not shelling out $100 for a dozen.

@zak2070 hey man. Welcome to the forum. Hope you find answers to your questions and are able to share your experiences. As far as a "smart ball"... are you $%$#@^&^%$ crazy?? Seriously I would not as I'm not real tech savvy nor do I have an interest. Unless of course it was very inexpensive, floated and motored back to shore or beeped in the tall grass or woods. Now I might pay a dollar more if I whistled and came rolling back to me.  Okay enough of my BS. Seriously, good luck on your endeavor. Enjoy your efforts and have some fun, but don't spend all your time in the garage shop. Get out for a round now and than. Good luck man.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I just want one that hears!  Mine never listen to me!!

Titleist drive (TS1)., Callaway Epic Star 5wood; MAVRIK hybrids, Callaway irons, Ping Sand wedge and Vokey 60* wedge.  Still using my Wilson 8813 and am looking for a new putter.  My wife's bag is all Callaway.  I retired from the USAF after 30 years and 17 moves --loved my career.