Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

ODIN Golf Balls: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_BNG

I’m so glad that MGS tests and reviews so many of these lesser known brands of golf balls and equipment! As a budget golfer I’m always looking to save as much money as I can while still getting quality products. Thanks again MGS!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

3 minutes ago, Coulter said:

I’m so glad that MGS tests and reviews so many of these lesser known brands of golf balls and equipment! As a budget golfer I’m always looking to save as much money as I can while still getting quality products. Thanks again MGS!

Budget Golfer!  I think that's my term of the day that I'll adopt as well.  I used to describe myself as aggressively frugal.  Pretty sure my family describes me a "cheap"

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Good morning,  I have all kinds of golf planned to test the Odins out…..(just waiting for my delivery).  I’m super excited for this test.  I would love to see these perform well against my usual gamer Srixon Z-Star.  While I aspire to play as much as @Cecil Williams, I’ll usually can only get in 3 rounds a week….damn work 😂.  I can see much data and an intro in the near future.

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

Looking forward to this test. It should be a fun test and hopefully provide some valuable insights. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congratulations testers! Look forward to your thoughts and feedback on these balls! Have fun!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats testers, golf ball tests are always fun 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Awesome opportunity testers!!!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts, opinions and recommendations!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Congrats Testers!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of these!  I really like the concept they have of receiving a discount on further purchases. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Congrats! 

@Javs 

@LinksgolfFever

@Girldad18

@fredsharky

@Cecil Williams

I look forward to your review, I have not played ODIN so interested in your opinions

Edited by sglj3
Hotlinks didn't work

:honma: Driver, 3W & 5H

:taylormade-small: P790 4-PW S-Taper S

:benhogan-small: 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small: 7S

Sorry to some folks, had to move some posts around to get the placeholders up top!  Looks like this is going to be a popular test! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Testers Announced!

Please welcome and congratulate our 5 testers!

@Javs

@LinksgolfFever 

@Girldad18 

@fredsharky 

@Cecil Williams

Congrats to the chosen testers. I'm very interested in hearing about how these balls perform and compare to the big boys.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

What's up MGS Crew! Pumped to have you all part of the testing, thanks again for all the help and support. I will stay tuned on the feedback, in the meantime, Go Balls Out. Always!

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

android-chrome-192x192.png.040010f38f20daf1a4a36fb7cac0f7ac.png

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

In the vast landscape of golf ball options available to consumers, the direct-to-consumer (DTC) golf ball market has experienced an explosion of new brands in recent years, introducing golfers to a plethora of choices.

One such brand that caught the attention of our Forum members, although not featured in the primary golf ball test of 2023, is ODIN Golf. So, who exactly is ODIN Golf, and what sets them apart in the competitive DTC golf ball market?

image.png

About ODIN Golf

According to ODIN Golf, their mission is to make golf more accessible, affordable, and streamlined for the next generation of everyday golfers.

ODIN Golf aims to deliver a golf ball experience equal to or better than traditional brands, all without breaking the bank. An additional enticing feature is ODIN Golf's unique Cashback program, offering a 20% return on every dozen purchased (applied to future purchase) providing golfers with savings on subsequent ODIN orders. Essentially, you get paid to play golf, mirroring the benefits enjoyed by the pros.

Emphasizing their commitment to the everyday golfer, ODIN Golf distances itself from the allure of tour pros, declaring, "We're not excited about the pros; we're excited about you!" They aim for their community to directly benefit from and engage in the value they bring as a company, extending beyond merely reloading on ODIN golf balls.

image.png

With bold claims and unique purchasing perks we are curious to see how the performance of these golf balls stacks up. 

Please welcome and congratulate our 5 testers!

@Javs

@LinksgolfFever 

@Girldad18 

@fredsharky 

@Cecil Williams

Hey @Javs @LinksgolfFever @Girldad18 @fredsharky and @Cecil Williams - great to meet ya guys and wanted to drop over another big warm welcome to the ODIN Crew! The darts have been shipped out and they're on the way. Thanks again for all the help and support and I will keep my eyes peeled on the feedback. Cheers and go balls out for me! 

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

59 minutes ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Hey @Javs @LinksgolfFever @Girldad18 @fredsharky and @Cecil Williams - great to meet ya guys and wanted to drop over another big warm welcome to the ODIN Crew! The darts have been shipped out and they're on the way. Thanks again for all the help and support and I will keep my eyes peeled on the feedback. Cheers and go balls out for me! 

Well I know I am super excited about this test and cannot wait to get started - thanks for the oppurtunity to test 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

2 hours ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Welcome to the MGS Forum! I look forward to learning more about ODIN balls and hearing more from you and your crew.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

26 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Welcome to the MGS Forum! I look forward to learning more about ODIN balls and hearing more from you and your crew.

The crew runs deep from all over

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Congratulations selectees. Knock them on the 18th green. Good luck and have fun.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

5 hours ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Thank you for the opportunity!

Play like a champion today!

20 hours ago, Cecil Williams said:

Hey spies got me test balls today here’s a video how they looked n feel good holding it I will play Thursday give u plenty feedback 

72411090787__7D529BDA-225D-4F43-BDC1-588AEC2E636A.MOV

Hey Cecil, I loved the vid! Glad they made it, enjoy the round on Thursday. We're excited to hear about the test drive. Enjoy for me!

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

On 12/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, Javs said:

Introduction (12/12/23):

First off, I would like to thank My Golf Spy and Odin Golf for the opportunity to be a tester for the Odin X1 golf ball. This was a great opportunity and I hope to provide some helpful testing results to all my fellow forum members.

image.jpeg.0ad90902610d5306187c3450190138ab.jpeg

As most know by now I am Javs on the site. As stated before, I selected this because my last active duty assignment overseas was Task Force Javelins.  
image.jpeg.78b160d938036531d1c39094dd02b2c8.jpeg
My professional life was 42 years combined service in the military. Of that, 27 years were active duty. My active duty career ended when I was wounded in action in Iraq. However, I was extremely lucky and was offered a government civilian position as a Deputy Operations Officer for a training command. After spending 15 years in that very rewarding position I decided to fully retire. My professional life provided the opportunity to travel around the globe and experience things one only dreams of as a kid. Those years were some of the best and at times some of the worst, but almost always exciting and new. 
image.jpeg.4bd8524adebfade8c36bdf187ffd9d22.jpegCurrently my wife and I reside in Georgetown, Texas. We live in a 55 plus retirement community. This place is an adult candy-land! We are a golf cart friendly community. Our retirement resort sports 4 high-quality gyms and each of them have an indoor and outdoor pool. Additionally, there are walking trails, more clubs and activities that prevent even the most active person from ever getting bored. However, my personal favorite part is the 3  golf courses with 9 sets of tees and all the new golfing friends! 
image.jpeg.3334158ca4056afd8e487158cb4f4567.jpegGolf Background:
My first exposure to this great game of golf was as a young 8 year old. I started as a caddie for my Dad. He is the one who taught me the game and all the rules coupled with proper etiquette. At 13, I started caddying at a local country club and making decent money for a kid. In high school, I played on the golf team and we won our conference championship. I started on varsity all 4 years. I played decent competitive junior golf. Had the opportunity for a few golf scholarships, but chose to enlist in the military. When I joined the military playing golf was often placed on the shelf. I did have an opportunity a few times of playing in the all armed forces tournaments. While I would make the cut, I never could beat those Air Force guys that seemed to play for a living!

image.jpeg.4c3ba85151bdf2a9d47c168c46073b56.jpegAfter retiring May 2022, golf became big priority and the love for the game has returned. Due to lack of play my handicap index was a 12 when we first moved here. Now I am a 1 index; however, (depending on the tees we play) my course handicap ranges from 2 to +3. I have played on the VGA, our Men’s Club Events and play at least four times a week here. I am very competitive and really enjoy our local group money games. My goal for the next few years is to get my handicap to a plus and win the club championship.image.jpeg.0b25e2bf15d99da5a5d654158916ae75.jpegAs someone pretty serious about their game, I can also be labeled a golf and equipment junkie.So, I am always tinkering with my equipment. I currently play the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS. Callaway states that the “Chrome Soft X LS 22 is designed for max distance in a fine-tuned lower spin profile. It’s especially suited for better players who want to “bomb it” off the tee, with a tremendous combination of long distance and a straight ball flight. Key performance characteristics include very fast ball speed off the tee, penetrating long iron shots, straight ball flight, and excellent greenside control”. I tested the Titleist White Box against this ball and am looking forward to seeing how the Odin X1 ball performs in comparison. 

First Impressions Grade (10 out of 10):

I can’t believe that the balls arrived so quickly. There are bonus points when a company delivers your golf balls with days! Thank you My Golf Spy and Odin Golf! Let the unpacking begin!

image.jpeg.197e5b86230f50f74794fc52f0f6f764.jpeg
What a great looking box! I love the color and design. 
image.jpeg.7b78e0ded399cee7d8e2646cd08708c1.jpegThe ball looks great as well! The big lettering and numbers might be too large for some; however, I really like it. They have also placed aiming arrows on the side of the ball. I like that feature to assist with putting alignment. The dimple pattern reminds me of a Taylormade ball more than a Callaway or Titleist. image.jpeg.18d4b945891b623f3e6912e3158ba066.jpegLet’s take a look inside. We can see it’s a 3-piece ball with elastic mantle and compression of 86.

image.png.906655d5e3f3a83784920899f7a03e97.png
Odin states that the X1  “Plays like a ProV1, Chrome Soft & TP5”. So, I am expecting more spin than my current gamer. 

image.png.b3fd3f91ef496ddc23c1f5cbe72c7c84.pngIn contrast my gamer is “The Chrome Soft X LS is a four-piece offering. Like the CSX, it’s a dual-mantle (as opposed to dual-core) design. Like other Chrome Soft offerings, it features a 332-hex dimple cover. While the count is the same, Callaway says it alters the geometry of the dimple on each cover to provide an optimized trajectory for each model”. I love the Callaway ball and its 94 compression. 
To conclude my first impressions I attached a picture of the bottom of the box. Love that welcome and saying! The first impressions of the ball and Odin company are a score of 10 out of 10.
image.jpg.7427d585866a5b3ffc7d0fa50f4a7681.jpgI am extremely excited to get this ball out on the practice area and course. I plan to put the Odin X1 through the paces against the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS. Unfortunately, I am heading  off on vacation on 16 December till 2 January. Thus, my test will be an initial and then finalized upon my return. I do hope to provide some really good feedback for my fellow forum members. Feel free to shoot any questions my way during and after my testing. 

Hey @Javs - thank you for sharing your story! We're really glad to have you be a part of the community here, thanks again for all your help and support. AND, another big warm welcome to the ODIN Crew! We're excited to have you try them out. Enjoy your vacation and look forward to the test drive!

Co-founder @ ODIN Golf

[email protected]

Go Balls Out. Always!

On 12/12/2023 at 1:59 AM, Javs said:

Introduction (12/12/23):

First off, I would like to thank My Golf Spy and Odin Golf for the opportunity to be a tester for the Odin X1 golf ball. This was a great opportunity and I hope to provide some helpful testing results to all my fellow forum members.

As most know by now I am Javs on the site. As stated before, I selected this because my last active duty assignment overseas was Task Force Javelins.  
My professional life was 42 years combined service in the military. Of that, 27 years were active duty. My active duty career ended when I was wounded in action in Iraq. However, I was extremely lucky and was offered a government civilian position as a Deputy Operations Officer for a training command. After spending 15 years in that very rewarding position I decided to fully retire. My professional life provided the opportunity to travel around the globe and experience things one only dreams of as a kid. Those years were some of the best and at times some of the worst, but almost always exciting and new. 
image.jpeg.4bd8524adebfade8c36bdf187ffd9d22.jpegCurrently my wife and I reside in Georgetown, Texas. We live in a 55 plus retirement community. This place is an adult candy-land! We are a golf cart friendly community. Our retirement resort sports 4 high-quality gyms and each of them have an indoor and outdoor pool. Additionally, there are walking trails, more clubs and activities that prevent even the most active person from ever getting bored. However, my personal favorite part is the 3  golf courses with 9 sets of tees and all the new golfing friends! 
My first exposure to this great game of golf was as a young 8 year old. I started as a caddie for my Dad. He is the one who taught me the game and all the rules coupled with proper etiquette. At 13, I started caddying at a local country club and making decent money for a kid. In high school, I played on the golf team and we won our conference championship. I started on varsity all 4 years. I played decent competitive junior golf. Had the opportunity for a few golf scholarships, but chose to enlist in the military. When I joined the military playing golf was often placed on the shelf. I did have an opportunity a few times of playing in the all armed forces tournaments. While I would make the cut, I never could beat those Air Force guys that seemed to play for a living!

image.jpeg.4c3ba85151bdf2a9d47c168c46073b56.jpegAfter retiring May 2022, golf became big priority and the love for the game has returned. Due to lack of play my handicap index was a 12 when we first moved here. Now I am a 1 index; however, (depending on the tees we play) my course handicap ranges from 2 to +3. I have played on the VGA, our Men’s Club Events and play at least four times a week here. I am very competitive and really enjoy our local group money games. My goal for the next few years is to get my handicap to a plus and win the club championship.image.jpeg.0b25e2bf15d99da5a5d654158916ae75.jpegAs someone pretty serious about their game, I can also be labeled a golf and equipment junkie.So, I am always tinkering with my equipment. I currently play the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS. Callaway states that the “Chrome Soft X LS 22 is designed for max distance in a fine-tuned lower spin profile. It’s especially suited for better players who want to “bomb it” off the tee, with a tremendous combination of long distance and a straight ball flight. Key performance characteristics include very fast ball speed off the tee, penetrating long iron shots, straight ball flight, and excellent greenside control”. I tested the Titleist White Box against this ball and am looking forward to seeing how the Odin X1 ball performs in comparison. 

I can’t believe that the balls arrived so quickly. There are bonus points when a company delivers your golf balls with days! Thank you My Golf Spy and Odin Golf! Let the unpacking begin!

image.jpeg.7b78e0ded399cee7d8e2646cd08708c1.jpegThe ball looks great as well! The big lettering and numbers might be too large for some; however, I really like it. They have also placed aiming arrows on the side of the ball. I like that feature to assist with putting alignment. The dimple pattern reminds me of a Taylormade ball more than a Callaway or Titleist. image.jpeg.18d4b945891b623f3e6912e3158ba066.jpegLet’s take a look inside. We can see it’s a 3-piece ball with elastic mantle and compression of 86.

Odin states that the X1  “Plays like a ProV1, Chrome Soft & TP5”. So, I am expecting more spin than my current gamer. 

image.png.b3fd3f91ef496ddc23c1f5cbe72c7c84.pngIn contrast my gamer is “The Chrome Soft X LS is a four-piece offering. Like the CSX, it’s a dual-mantle (as opposed to dual-core) design. Like other Chrome Soft offerings, it features a 332-hex dimple cover. While the count is the same, Callaway says it alters the geometry of the dimple on each cover to provide an optimized trajectory for each model”. I love the Callaway ball and its 94 compression. 
To conclude my first impressions I attached a picture of the bottom of the box. Love that welcome and saying! The first impressions of the ball and Odin company are a score of 10 out of 10.
image.jpg.7427d585866a5b3ffc7d0fa50f4a7681.jpgI am extremely excited to get this ball out on the practice area and course. I plan to put the Odin X1 through the paces against the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS. Unfortunately, I am heading  off on vacation on 16 December till 2 January. Thus, my test will be an initial and then finalized upon my return. I do hope to provide some really good feedback for my fellow forum members. Feel free to shoot any questions my way during and after my testing. 

Have fun on the Vacay! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

1 hour ago, Jordan ODIN Golf said:

Hey @Javs - thank you for sharing your story! We're really glad to have you be a part of the community here, thanks again for all your help and support. AND, another big warm welcome to the ODIN Crew! We're excited to have you try them out. Enjoy your vacation and look forward to the test drive!

Thank you Sir!

Play like a champion today!

On 12/12/2023 at 2:59 AM, Javs said:

Introduction (12/12/23):

image.jpeg.7b78e0ded399cee7d8e2646cd08708c1.jpeg
Aesthetics Grade (10 out of 10):

The  ball looks great as well! The big lettering and numbers might be too large for some; however, I really like it. They have also placed aiming arrows on the side of the ball. I like that feature to assist with putting alignment. While doing the finger nail test, the cover made me feel like I was holding a OEM Premium Ball. The dimple pattern reminds me of a Taylormade ball more than a Callaway or Titleist. image.jpeg.18d4b945891b623f3e6912e3158ba066.jpegLet’s take a look inside. We can see it’s a 3-piece ball with elastic mantle and compression of 86. Odin claims this is “ to increase workability that are both encapsulated by a Urethane Cover to maximize spin around the greens”. Something I will look at while testing. 

Odin states that the X1: “Plays like a ProV1, Chrome Soft & TP5”. So, I am expecting more spin than my current gamer. 

To conclude my first impressions I attached a picture of the bottom of the box. Love that welcome and saying! It is very apparent that Odin seeks to cater to the regular golfer. The packaging and ball appearance scream let’s have some fun. The first impressions of the ball and Odin company are a score of 10 out of 10. I also gave the Odin X1 an aesthetics score of 10 out of 10.
image.jpg.7427d585866a5b3ffc7d0fa50f4a7681.jpg

In the first two categories the Odin X1 has scored equal to or better than other premium balls on the market. I am extremely excited to get this ball out on the practice area and course. I plan to put the Odin X1 through the paces against the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS.
Unfortunately, I am heading  off on vacation on 16 December till 2 January. Thus, my test will be an initial and then finalized upon my return. I do hope to provide some really good feedback for my fellow forum members. Feel free to shoot any questions my way during and after my testing. 

Cool intro and excellent first impressions of the Odin Golf Balls, Javs! 

Since you played in a few of the all armed services golf tournaments, you may have met and played golf against my younger brother. His name is Gary Mael, and he served in the U. S. Coast Guard from 1969-1993 or 94, retiring as a Warrant Officer. Unlike me, Gary took up golf well before he was ten years old, and played to a low single digit handicap throughout his 20s, 30s and into his 40s. While in the Coast Guard, he played in several of those all armed services tournaments, with a reasonable amount of success (no victories, but a few very high finishes).

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!